Make Music Sell, Dont Just Make Music

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Headboy Musik, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Headboy Musik

Headboy Musik Member

I tell people that I deal with everyday musically to do niche research on their field and how to make songs. I get tired everytime I meet an artist, they are talking about their life story and how hard it has been and they want to rap about pain and boring stuff that don't appeal to their fan base (or lack there of). I think the music business of today focuses on selling music because these labels only care about success, not talent. Many artist are wondering how do they build a huge following online and on the streets. Start directing your music to your fans, not yourself. You need to understand the music business, not only the street business. Nowadays, that tough guy street mentality is played out, and you got to be very clever to create a buzz and get recognized.
    For more advice, and quotes, follow me on @its_me_headboy
    Visit my site at www.itsmeheadboy.com
    test
  2. D-verse

D-verse No drama

they're problem is they're stupid and to lazy to really think things out
    test
  3. Headboy Musik

Headboy Musik Member

I agree, I hate when rappers talk about their music like they are the only people in the world that has had a hard life. If you are going to go that route, at least make it to where the music is hot and can sell!
    test
  4. D-verse

D-verse No drama

or they blame mainstream rappers for ruining rap or being bad. I mean ok why don't you step into the game and bring some real hiphop to the table ? 1 ) your music is not good enough and the rappers you critisize on facebook sound better then you and people rather listen to them 2) you didn't study how to promo, makret, grind, business for it all to come together. 3) they work way way harder and smarter then you
    test
  5. D Funkdafied

D Funkdafied D-Funkdafied Music

A lot of dudes expect to just wait and hope an A&R or whatever comes to them. They are being to lazy, no wonder why they are broke because they haven't the drive to promote and learn business.
    I am a producer and I get to work all the time by studying, promoting, networking, branding etc!

www.dfunkdafiedbeats.com
    test