Maino Forces Trinidad James To Apoligize for Saying the South Runs NY

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MesaiNY, Nov 20, 2013.

1. MesaiNY

MesaiNY New Member

test
  2. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

On it.. :)
    test
  4. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

The South runs NY? Lol what a joke. NY is stronger than the whole South. There's mad new dope rappers out of the mecca.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Well, tbh, he's not entirely inaccurate... a lot of NY rappers have southern influences in their styles... and the radio stations like Hot 97 play a lot of Southern rap... I've been speaking on NY biting the South for awhile now, but nobody wanted to listen to me... I can't stand it... Jay Z started it and ever since him, rappers been on it...50 took it a whole new level, too.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

Being a rapper from any reigon and even somewhat dissing NY is just stupid...whether it's south influenced or not, Hiphop runs thru NY. You wanna make it in Hiphop, one of the 1st places you're looking to shine in is NY regardless of where you'r from. I agree NY artists have been letting the southern style rub off on them a bit...but it's not becuz it's the southern style, it's just whats hot at the moment and that's what hiphop has become...play it safe and imitate what's hot. James is a clown, and dude backtracked like a muthafucka. He got up on stage feeling himself, said some shit that might get him in trouble...own that shit and don't be a little bitch and try to tweak it. James meant what he said and the way we took it is the way he meant it, he made his bed
    test
  7. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

"when NY niggas was calling southern rappers lame but then jacking our slang."

South used to get hate, it's nice to see 'em getting love.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

They started jocking the west coast because they were hot once upon a time... it used to irk me to hear East Coast artists say "buster" or "hella"... then they went in with "tight" and now "trill."

But to be fair, other regions bite the Mecca, too... it's cross-pollination... but you'll never hear me say "buster," "hella" or "trill."

I'm still "herb" (NY version of "buster"), "mad" (NY version of "hella") and "dope/ill" (NY version of "trill")
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo damn Maino got him shook right off the bat.
    test
  10. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Here's the clip.

test