[MAG] Week 46 Magazine

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    MAGAZINE
    Week 47

Introduction

Welcome back, ladies! We had the title switch hands last week; congrats to Q. A good battle between Namix and Thorne; sorry fellas, I was going to vote, and I completely forgot. We had some really good verses, so the highlights will be enjoyable. I don't think their will be any surprise with VotW or BotW (or MotW, I suppose). Slight shifts in the Power Rankings, but nothing unexpected really. I still have no clue what's is supposed to go into First Impressions, so maybe I will declare my undying love to the female genitalia this week (no, not T.a.C... pause). Yeah, I'm excited for this week: we're having a good streak with a lot of activity--at least for 2012. I'll stop the long winded intro here and kick off with the Recap. Enjoy!
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Week 45 Review

CHAMP
    1. Resilient. (5-0)
    2. Quriosity (3-0)

This was a pretty good battle. I enjoyed reading this one a lot. Both came with some dope punches. I think one of the things that hurt W.eezy was consistency; some of his lines were a little played (e.g. Quriosity killed the cat; but, hey, maybe it's fresh to some). Q was like line after line; I don't think anyone is going to top his consistency with the punchlines anytime soon. Q wins in a very good battle.

CONTENDER
    3. Reptilian (2-0)
    4. Wreck’n’eyez (2-1)

I was kind of expecting good things from this battle, instead we got a lackluster showing from Reptilian and Wreck coming in and doing what he needed to get into the Champ match. He'll be facing Q this week, so he is going to have to bring the A-game. Wreck wins in decisive manner.

5. Roadblock (1-1)
    6. SiegeSupreme (1-0)

Roadbloack no showed. That point aside, Siege dropped a nice verse. He will definitely have a line or two in the Top Punches. Not much to say here, Siege win by no-show and advances to the Contender Match versus Thorne; should be a good one.

7. namix (1-0)
    8. Thorne (1-0)

This was another decent one. It ended tied in votes, which is lame; I'll check the board Sunday nights to see if any tie-breakers need to be broken. Now, onto the actual breakdown. Thorne has proven his ability to hang with some nice heads. I didn't give him much credit to beat Nam last week, and he hung in there with Nam. That Red Bull line was pretty nice, definitely a highlight from last week. Nam came with a decent verse, some nice nameplays, but not enough to take the W. To be completely honest, I thought Thorne won, so alls well that ends well (with Nam signing out).

9. Ravenous510 (0-2)
    10. Ah Swoop Pen (0-1)

Ah Swoop Pen no showed, Ravenous moves up in the rankings. He's going to have to improve on his showing last week if he wants to beat Ski Mask this week...

11. -Kolli$ion- (0-0)
    12. ski mask (0-0)

Ski Mask had a good showing, I really like that "hit the books" flip, that was nice. I thought the rest was decent enough, surely enough to win in the eyes of the voters. Kollision had a decent verse, too, but some of his setups dragged on; the opener for example, that setup was basically 3 lines. I think if you worked those to be a little shorter and squeeze a few more punches in, you would have won this.

13. DFlaim0001 (0-0)
    14. lil hot sauce (0-0)
    15. T.a.C (0-0)

DFlaim no showed, so that left this one as T.a.C vs. Lil Hot Sauce. Old Head (lol @ that line btw) vs New(er) Head, it was alright. LHS had a lackluster performance. LHS was never a premier name in RBL, but he was good; I was expecting more =(. T.a.C dropped a couple quotables that basically won this one for him. T.a.C wins.

Top Punches

So you roll with a deep crew...handlin 9's
    Bank robbin, purse snatchin, I'm laughin inside
    Cuz the goons get the dough, the cash and the lime
    And the Ski Mask, well it just gets ditched after the crime
    Kolli$ion

This guys face, only a mother could love, I won't omit ya looks
    It tells a complete story of it's own, and I'ma hit the books!
    Ski Mask

You blow, dumby, on his knees ‘til hes told spread
    Call you a weak bitch just like I call my ex…cuz I don’t respect some old head
    T.a.C

I slayed bro’s, 8-folds with great flows of straight dope
    They aint close, so heres a retarded line with hardened rhymes to also get Rave’s vote
    T.a.C

Flowin' is mean! You ain't close to the Siege bruh, my quotes are Supreme!
    Act like you don't know I'm the king..but I'm quick to give RB L's like I was promotin the league!
    Siege Supreme

but its ok tho .. i feel for you n to show you i care yo
    they say 4 walls build a home... and i equiped them with air holes
    wrecn'n'eyez

bring harm to strangers, armed'n'dangerous.. ima household threat
    while in most cases it's been stated that Reptilians make good household pets
    wreck'n'eyez

‘n you won’t get votes in this you know that it’s true..
    ‘cause the people must be going Bonkerz if they’re voting for Q!!
    Resilient

This isn’t a game so move back, I’ll be proving this dude’s wack..
    ‘n watch Cue Stick to punches like he was losing a pool match..
    Resilient

Not to provoke but I searched you, motherfucker get smoked..
    ‘cause when I type “Bonkerz” in google, I get nothing but jokes..
    Resilient

Verse of the Week

Match of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...1-resilient-5-0-v-2-quriosity-3-0-q-wins.html
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Week 46 Preview

CHAMP
    1. Quriosity (4-0)
    2. Wreck’n’eyez (3-1)

I think we're going to have a run of a few pretty good Champ Matches. Both of these guys are aware of what the other brings to the table, so expect to see the heavy artillery. Q came back and was dropping heat from the get, and I don't see that changing. Wreck has been posting some decent material, though. I still expect Q to win, but anything can happen here.

CONTENDER
    3. SiegeSupreme (2-0)
    4. Thorne (2-0)

I'm coming out and saying this will be the BotW; Siege has shown that he can hang and Thorne is apparently some old vet, so I'm excited for this matchup. Siege has a really smooth flow with the multi's and he packs some decent punches, I'm kinda leaning towards him this week. Thorne has shown he isn't a pushover, though. Should be a good one. My prediction is that this will be a really good and close battle. Ok, fine... Siege will win 3-2.

5. Ravenous510 (1-2)
    6. ski mask (1-0)

Ravenous is going to have to improve on his previous showings by quite a bit if he intends on winning this week. Ski mask showed signs of talent and I'm interested in seeing his development as he moves up the ranks. Ski Mask wins in a shutout.

7. T.a.C (1-0)
    8. Resilient. (5-1)

W.eezy isn't happy about losing and T.a.C is a Giant's fan (what a lame, I know). These things together force me to give the nod to W.eezy. T.a.C can drop some good shit when he wants to, though, so don't be surprised if this turns out to be a good one. W.eezy should win this one.

9. Reptilian (2-1)
    10. -Kolli$ion- (0-1)

This will be another good one. Both lost last week, so neither is ready to take another L. Reptilian had a decent showing, but I don't think he's putting together verses of the same caliber as Kolli$ion. Don't trip, though, Calibre is gay as fuck. I'm predicting a win for Kolli$ion this week.

11. ThisisDAM (0-0)
    12. Patrown (0-0)

New sign ins: Dam sounds familiar (have you signed in the last few months?) and Patrown has been around. I can't remember anything of Dam's, so I'll go with the prudent choice and say patrown wins this week.

Power Rankings

Tie 4. Siege

Siege has shown flashes. He put together some decent verses and had some lines that were Mag-worthy. I expect good things from this kid. More on the tie in the next blurb.

Tie 4. Thorne

He's doing his thing, winning a few battles, landing himself into contendership. I haven't seen enough from the contenders to rank one higher than the other, so you get a tie.

3. Resilient

Still on of the best in the League, he just happened to battle the best in the League last week. Dono't let that #8 rank fool you, he's legit.

2. Wreck

Moving into the Champ Match after a decent showing. Wreck has been making steady progress up the ranks since he signed in.

1. Q

Who else?
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

First Impressions

My love for vagina is so deep; so deep... it put her ass to sleep, actually. The warm soothing embrace of the female genitalia, unfortunately, is also the mother of all evils. Consequently, it has fomented an insatiable appetite for something that may never lose it's novel allure. Unfortunately, bitches are crazy.

Outroduction

There it is, your RBL Mag in all its glory. I hope you guys enjoyed it, it was a pleasure to write another edition. As always, if you have any suggestions/questions/concerns, feel free to PM myself or Q. With all that out of the way, show up to your battles, vote, and, most importantly, have fun ladies.

RBL Staff
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

San Francisco 77 59 _
    LA Dodgers 73 64 4.5
    test
  6. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

guess we can applaud you for the effort.
    test
  7. ski mask

ski mask The Don

cool mag
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Good shit.

First impressions is where I rant about my feelings mid-week. Just been too busy lately.
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

jus realized, BJ jus had his first impression of vagina huh? isnt dude pushin 30?
    test
  10. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

It was a recap for those of you (specifically) that will never experience the act of copulation [edit]with a female[/edit]
    test
  11. namix

namix u flip shit, i refine it

thorne & i can't even get a top punch to go with the swift kick to the nuts?

tastes may change but feces remains the same, yet the league's eatin that shit up! :)

anyway - be well ya'll. I will be back eventually, maybe create my first alias in a decade and try to "adapt" to this new age. pc!
    test
  12. namix

I slayed bro’s, 8-folds with great flows of straight dope
    They aint close, so heres a retarded line with hardened rhymes to also get Rave’s vote
    T.a.C

^^ i did dig this line from TaC though!
    test
  13. Brown Jesus

Yeah, 2nd best battle last week... but all the lines sucked.

:scared:

haha my bad! I remember quoting like 3-4 from your battle; must have lost an edit switching windows or soemthing. I'll fix when I get home or early am.
    test
  14. namix

lol, it's all good bro - i really wasn't bitter or anything, just honestly, and even objectively, surprised. I mean, I knew my blade needed sharpening - but alot of heads are swingin wiffle ball bats, and it don't get much duller than that.

again man, im happy you guys are tryna keep it alive one way or the other. i also do think i could cater my style to this league - i just feel like i'd be selling a little piece of my soul doing it lol.

keep doin ya thang fellas, and hopefully everyone else will start doing theirs!
    test
  15. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

C'mon man we need more heads lol. You're not the only one trying to cater his style.
    test
  16. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

I liked Namix line "sodas your music" tbh

I've been around. I was in the rbl back in the day. I'm just doing this to keep me writing.

I'm signed in to a bunch of leagues atm,
    test
  17. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

stick around namix, could at least have the some good voters around here...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.