[MAG] Week 45 Magazine

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    MAGAZINE
    Week 46

Introduction

Welcome to another edition of your very own RBL Mag. I hope you guys had fun last week; unless you no-showed, then I hope you die a gruesome death in a burning building because the firefighters couldn't save your fat ass... yes, you're a fat ass. We had a no show in the Champ Match (which breaks my little Mexican heart), but the Contender Match made up for it (and we get a good Champ Match with Q vs Res this week). We have an old RBL head in Lil Hot Sauce making an appearance, Namix is still signed in and I'm not; the league is in good shape. I don't think VotW or BotW are going to be surprises, we got to see some vintage shit. I'm really excited for this week, The Preview looks interesting. A little shuffling of the Power Rankings, but nothing unexpected, I suppose. I'm not sure what to say about First Impressions, I'm assuming or Res know the deal; that being said, I'm going to wait that one out. That just about covers the contents of this Weeks Mag. I hope you guys have a great week, show up for your battles and vote... bitches!
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Week 45 Review

CHAMP
    1. Resilient. (4-0)
    2. PharCyze (2-0)

PC no showed. Resilient dropped a nice verse, it's nice to see someone that can put it all together and have a nice witty verse that wasn't too wordy. Nice verse, brotha, probably VotW, unless...

CONTENDER
    3. Quriosity (2-0)
    4. SonnyDaze (15-2)

This was a good battle. I thought Sonny had some nice shit, I didn't think he was such a white boy lol. I think he's a nice writer, and he had some good shit; the 4 digits line was cool. It probably wasn't a good idea to pic battle Q, though, he is one of the better ones. Yeah, Q came with punch after punch after punch. I read his verse and knew it was pretty much over. I think this was clearly BotW. Q wins and moves into the Champ Match.

5. Reptilian (1-0)
    6. the marshall (3-3)

I was kind of excited for this one, but I was kinda let down. Marshall had some decent concepts, but the wording was weird. The setups weren't really working sometimes, either. The result was a lackluster verse. I thought the same of Reptilian's verse, that Pause line could've been nice but I don't think the wording was working. I'm nor sure who I would've voted for, but it was definitely a close one. Reptilian wins and moves into the Contender Match.

7. Wreck’n’eyez (1-1)
    8. Gramur (4-5)

Wreck posted a no show verse, Gram no showed... the end. Wreck wins by no-show and moves into the Contender Match.

9. Ravenous510 (0-1)
    10. Roadblock (0-1)

This was interesting. Roadblock came with some pretty witty lines, I liked the verse. That isn't what made this interesting, though, since it was pretty much a blowout. I didn't know Roadblocks mom "pumps gas for a bus pass" and "does donkey shows in Tijuana for dollas," good things to know.

11. mic jordan. (0-0)
    12. SiegeSupreme (0-0)

Mic no showed. Siege actually had some decent stuff last week, I thought the opener was decent. Maybe a bit of a stretch for some, but I thought it was good. Siege wins by no show.

13. namix (0-0)
    14. Ah Swoop Pen (0-0)

This was clearly a blowout. Namix is just too good and experienced, whereas ASP is not. I respect the attempt, though. You tried to incorporate some wordplay and wit, Namix is just a different beast. Keep working at it, you'll improve. Namix wins.

R E C A P
    by Resilient.

13. namix v. 14. Ah Swoop Pen

I will not lie. I had high hopes that namix was going to take this match even though I’ve never heard of this Ah Swoop Pen guy. Figured he’s just some alias, which he probably still is. Namix showed up in this match with fire right out of the get go. Fresh concepts, hard hitting punches, and some really nice wordplay. Along with a solid flow, namix took this match very easy. Ah Swoop Pen showed up as well, but his verse was very lackluster. His first couplet was solid, and I thought this battle was going to be awesome. Keep elevating, Swoop. At least there was a battle to vote on unlike the Champ Match since PharCyzE was too pussy to show up.
    Line of the match:
    "he cant match the fire of nam’; so we’ll never admire the man
    ima get Pen-shunned like this match was in my retirement plan!" - Namix

11. mic Jordan v. 12. SiegeSupreme
    Siege Supreme came into this match rather quick with 10 lines. They were enjoyable. Nothing real hard hitting, but some cool sounding lines using homophones and homonymns (right?) Lol. Mic Jordan no showed because that’s what losers do. That’s what people do when they know they have no chance in life. Kind of like PharCyzE no showing in the championship match.
    Line of the match:
    “You don't wanna battle with Siege! Read the name! Homie my rappin's Supreme!
    Internet text champ....battlin you is "cake" cuz I beat & batter/beaten badder emcees!” Siege Supreme

9. Ravenous510 (0-1) v. 10. Roadblock (0-1)
    Ravenous doesn’t deserve any words for a recap this week. That was pathetic, immature, lazy, and flat out a waste of everyone’s time. Roadblock came in with some class to defeat his opponent. Not only was his verse the only real battle verse in this match, he had some decent concepts, punch lines that hit pretty well, and a pretty solid flow. Overall, Roadblock wasted his time on writing a nice verse for no reason. Roadblock took this match easily. I would have rathered Ravenous no show like PharCyzE did in the champ match instead of wasting a minute of my life reading this.
    Line of the Match:
    "I’m a Milton with prose.. and every punch is papal.
    This battle will ‘end with a Mayday’ like the month of April." - Roadblock

7. Wreck’n’eyez v. 8. Gramur

No show match. Wreck posted a no show verse and won. Gramur didn’t show like PharCyzE did the chanp match because they are both pussies, and were probably hanging out together.

5. Reptilian v. 6. the marshall
    I truly expected this to be the match of the week. The marshall came in with some confidence, and I liked that very much. I can appreciate confidence and cockiness in a verse, but that verse needs to be able to back it up. I’ve never seen so many weak reptile concepts used in one verse in my life, though. I counted 4 in a row, maybe a 5th if you count the Eden line, and the closer was about snakes. Use something new! The Roadblock line was an okay personal, though. Reptilian however showed up with the attitude needed to win this match. Nothing spectacular by any means, but with a little better flow and harder hitting punch lines; well, actual punch lines, he took this match with ease. Expectations were high in this match, and there was disappointment all around. I will say that if either of these writers faced PharCyzE this week, they would have won since PharCyzE no showed in the champ match like a faggot.
    Line of the match:
    ”Your ass is wide receiver - you watch football and get hard ons/
    MVP of Rap Music - and not the board I Lynched Marsh-on/” - Reptilian

Contendership Match
    3. Quriosity v. 4. SonnyDaze

Battle of the week here. When are people going to realize that battling Quriosity in pic battles is plain stupid. Honestly. He is one of, if not, THE best Pic Battler on this website, along with people like EyeDiLL, Solution, and Calefaction. With a sick flow, pretty funny lines dissing the picture, and some solid punch lines, Q took this match. Sonny came into this match with a chip on his shoulder after him and Quriosity had that little beef thing going on. I was sure Sonny was going to bring his A game this week, but I think it was more a B- game, where as Q brought his B+ game. I say B+ because I know he could have done better, however he did what he had to do to win. Q advances to the Champ match, where I know he’ll show, unlike PharCyzE did because pussies no show.
    Line of the Match:
    “And yo, I find it hard to believe,
    That you STILL bit off more than you can chew with those big chompers for teeth!” - Quriosity

Championship Match
    1. Resilient. Vs. 2 PharCyzE

PharCyzE no showed because he’s a bitch. How do you get to the Champ match and then no show, after you screw someone out of the champ match when they requested an extension and you said no? That’s horse shit. However, I will not critique my verse, so I’ll leave it to Quriosity to add in something here. Thanks in advance, Q.
    Resilient moves on to face Quriosity in the Champ Match.

LotB: Wow. What a fag.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Top Punches

That verse was too bland. It was free of pizazz;
    I’m ‘Miles ahead in class.’ I should be teaching you jazz.
    Roadblock

I’m a Milton with prose.. and every punch is papal.
    This battle will ‘end with a Mayday’ like the month of April.
    Roadblock

How far you willing to take this? You’re know you’re not hard guy..
    Phar’s the odd ball out here - call my flow the apartheid..
    Resilient

This battle forum is mine, your rhymes are horrid and dry..
    How long’s it gonna take you to explain 4 more of your lines?
    Resilient

This is a beating and learning curve for you, so matter of fact..
    Call it a two in one, kind of like your record after this match..
    Resilient

Your team will scatter - like y'all played some extra roles in Jaws/
    When this Man gets Touched - his face got 2 lines like it's Pause/
    Reptilian

Cowboys held the title, now they're fearing this brother,
    Took one look at THAT dome, and Jerry Jones is building another,
    Just look at that thing! Who dares to want to taunt?
    Fuck a headbutt, Sonny'll hit you with a head-badonkadonk!
    Guess an angel reset the page when his shift started,
    Which explains why God created his face with 6-inch margins,
    Q

Said I'd race him to the top, but men never tread smart,
    & who gave the right side of ya face a 10 second head start?!
    Q

Just look at this white boy throw up his set like a dummy,
    If we count the red in his face, he could rep for his country!
    Q

Nerd ass faggot, don’t make me prank call you cuz if you want it I can take it there
    I’ll dial 770-989… then spare you the last 4 digits cuz that’s all you’re probably makin’ there
    Sonny Daze

Lookin paranoid, about to reveal to the camp he doesn’t care for vag.
    Fuck the rocks, he has something hard to climb on if they wanna earn this merit badge
    Sonny Daze

Verse of the Week

Match of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...-3-quriosity-2-0-v-4-sonnydaze-15-2-vote.html

I gotta say, Q get very Honorable Mention for VotW.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Week 46 Preview

CHAMP
    1. Resilient. (5-0)
    2. Quriosity (3-0)

This is going to be a really good battle; both of these guys have skill and will probably bring out the big guns for a week. I'm calling BotW on this one. Additionally, I think VotW will come from this battle, which is something I try to avoid (since obviously gettnig BotW means both verses were good), but this one is going to be really good. Make sure you check this one out and vote, it will be worth it. Expect some back and forth between these two, they will be in a bunch of Champ matches if they stay signed in.

CONTENDER
    3. Reptilian (2-0)
    4. Wreck’n’eyez (2-1)

Wreck is a known commodity whereas Reptilian is not; Reptilian shows flashes of potential, but Wreck is too polished imo. I'm hoping Reptilian pull out all the stops and makes this interesting, but I am biased towards vets tbh.

5. Roadblock (1-1)
    6. SiegeSupreme (1-0)

Same as the last one. Siege shows potential, and I think he will be a welcome addition to RBL, but roadblock is going to bring too much firepower to the table for SS. Who knows, though. Should be a decent battle, especially if SS improves from last week.

7. namix (1-0)
    8. Thorne (1-0)

No idea who Thorne is and namix is a beast. So... yeah, Namix should take this one.

9. Ravenous510 (0-2)
    10. Ah Swoop Pen (0-1)

Either this will be the anti-thesis to Q vs Res or we get a double no show tbh. I think I prefer Ah Swoop Pens style and punches, but I wasn't really impressed lst week. Step your game up, gentleman.

11. -Kolli$ion- (0-0)
    12. ski mask (0-0)

I remember Kollision from back in the day... vaguely. I have no idea who Ski Mask is, but skimming their verses, I think this will be a good one. I really love seeing some of these old haeds popping up; it's good for the children to see how it's done ;)

13. DFlaim0001 (0-0)
    14. lil hot sauce (0-0)
    15. T.a.C (0-0)

Hot Sauce used to be alright back in the day, so by today's standards he's pretty good. Not sure who DFlaim is, but we'll find out. We all knew T.a.C was a bottom. I think this will be a good test for T.a.C; hot sauce is probably rusty, so I'm going with T.a.C on this one, but expect a good match-up in this battle.

Power Rankings

5. Roadblock

Roadblock has talent, and I don't see him being low on this list very often, A no show loss mars his record, but I think we can expect good things from this one.

4. Namix

Same as Roadblock, really; Namix just needs to stay signed in, he will move up on this list quickly. He's just too good to not top this list at some point.

3. Wreck'n'eyez

Aside from the no show, he has had solid showings since he signed in. This has earned him a spot in the contender, if he wins, he will move up past the loser between Q and Res.

2. Quriosity

Q is making a run at the top. I think he claims that position this week.

1. Resilient

Who else?

T O P 5 T O L O O K F O R
    by Resilient.

5. Reptilian
    With a week to week improvement in all aspects of his battles, I see this man becoming someone to look out for. With a decent flow, and while still grasping the concept of a punch line, his battle last week showed he wants to be here. Compared to the battle he had 2 weeks ago, this last verse was more polished. His weakness - Freshness. It’s hard to come up with fresh concepts now a days, but they are necessary if you want to be a victor.

4. Wreck’n’eyez
    In the contendership match again, but this time against someone who’s not a bitch, I think Wreck is hungry and wants a shot at the championship. It’s not going to be easy, though. Wreck has showed up week in and week out, proving that he has what it takes to hang in the top 5 battlers here in the RBL 2012. With a decent flow, some nice concepts, and the will to progress in this league, I see Wreck something improving enough to hold a title here. Keep elevating, man.

3. Namix
    Namix came back into this league with FLAMES. Astonishing flow, fresh concepts, and great name plays, Swoop Pen had no chance last week, and Thorne has no chance this week. Namix has always been one of the best battlers on this site. In the RBL’s prime he was always a top 10 battler. I see him as a dominating force in this league along with Quriosity and myself. He will be the champ here in the upcoming weeks if he continues to show up with verses like he’s used to doing.

2. Quriosity
    One of the best battlers of all time, Quriosity aka Bonkerz and I go back a long time. Q has always dominated this league with his hard punch lines, impeccable flow, and that swagger in his verses that outshine all of his opponents. Being the master of the Pic Battle, I don’t believe I have ever seen him lose one. Keeping it real, though, he is one of the most humble artists on this side of town. Except in that battle against Sonny where Q stated “I put your fire out.” No ego from this man, just solid verses that tear apart his opponents.

1. Resilient.
    Well, I’ve been the champion for a few weeks, but the real test is this week against Quriosity. I will have to bring my A game this week if I want to retain my title I have a very solid flow, concepts are decent, personals are usually there, and name plays are spot on. However, I do have a few tricks up my sleeve this week against Quriosity. I think Q, namix, and myself should all be tied for #1 in the Power Rankings. I will come out on top; I must.

First Impressions

I <3 boobies
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Outroduction

There you go, mostly finished, but there will be some slight changes (additions, rather) later. I hope you guys enjoyed the Mag; we all put a lot of work into it in the hopes that you are entertained for at least a few minutes (we all know most of you have the attention span of a housefly suffering from Alzheimers; bear with us). Last week was a really good week, I hope this week will be even better! Given the interesting match-ups we have I think there is a good chance of this being the case. Without further ado, I will bid you adieux... now go vote!
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Anyone interested in voicing their opinions in the mag, just shoot me a private message. General topics include a review of last week, top 10 punches, best verse, best match, preview/predictions of this week, and power rankings or top 5 competitors. We can never have too many perspectives.
    test
  7. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Done... I think I lost some edits along the way, though; I remember making a stupid comment about roadblock breaking siege like the Arab-Israeli War.

:scared:
    test
  8. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Cool beans

Maybe next week y'all can do interviews or wtv
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Good stuff.

Thanks for getting this done.
    test
  10. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Good shit. Who did top lines of the week. Q has his whole verse in there hahaha. Luh that guy. Good shit this week. I'm down to hold an interview just let me know BJ or Q.

Nice job fellas.
    test
  11. Brown Jesus

T.a.C and I always thought about doing an interview, but my schedule is all over the place and it's hard to time it right. You up @ 5a, Weez? lol

Q's verse had me rollin', man. I probably could've quoted more line tbh. It was almost a coin flip between namix and Q.
    test
  12. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

last time I was in the league I never heard of any of you guys.
    test
  13. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Everyone knows who I am. Anyone who is worth anything.

W'dup Thorne?
    test
  14. Brown Jesus

Who are you?

usureboutdat
    test
  15. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

I was under an diff name in 06.

There was a mod by the name of Plumber/J-Nyce who would start tourneys but never finish it - also got caught for being real shady and cheating, so I stopped participating in things on RM.

I could care less a/b who ya know.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Res, I might ba late posting, but it should still be tonight. I'll start writing after I get home. Headed to Decatur to recruit some new Scouts.
    test
  17. Brown Jesus

Cool story, bro! Tell me more!
    test
  18. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

test
  19. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

No problem Q.
    test