[MAG] Week 44 Magazine

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Introduction

Holy shit! The league is looking good! I shed a tear of joy at seeing the number rise, however small it is. I'm back writing the Mag with some much appreciated help. It looks like there have been changes since I've been away, but it all seems to be positive. Q has run this league in the past, so I'm excited to see what kind of energy he can bring.

With that out of the way, last week looked good! I don't want to steal any of W.eezy's thunder (he's doing Recap this week), but I was impressed by a few of the verses and punches. Which leads me to a colorful Highlights (might have to break into two separate section). I may change it to a Top 10/20 and Best of... sections soon, not sure yet. A lot of new faces to me, so excuse the Previews until I get a handle on who you are, kthx. Power Rankings will be up, and I will take a page from last weeks Mag and include a name or two of people that I expect to move up in the ranks. Immediately afterwards, I will ride like the wind into the proverbial sunset; unfortunately, I'm right behind T.a.C and he's wearing his seatless chaps today =(

First Impressions

Quriosity

Activity seems much slower than just a couple of days ago, as writers view on and prepare there verses. Should liven up a bit as verses are posted and matches are open for votes. I haven't even thought of my match yet. Just came home early, smoking a bowl and typing this on my phone in the garage. I bet some others are preparing for the match of their lives after putting on so hard last week. After reading the first few verses this week, I'd say Ravenous510 is either a prank or a disguise for extra votes for someone. No way he's real. As for SiegeSupreme, I'd venture to say he's pretty dope for a circa 2000 rapper. Can't wait to see how he naturally matures as he continues on in the league. Fuck—when is our fantasy football draft. That's the only reason I come back each year. This year, for some reason, I felt like helping out around here. Wishing I hadn't offered my help now. The boredom faded and this seems like another chore again that I'd rather not get to. Oh well, I'm tripping now. Time to go cook a hotdog. And lastly, SonnyDaze is a faggot.
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Recap of Last Week

Week 44
    R E C A P

11. Reptilian(0-0) vs 12. Roadblock(0-0)
    Reptilian posted rather quick this week with a pretty decent verse. Flow was on point throughout, and some pretty witty lines. I think Reptilian is going to be someone to watch out for in the later weeks. As far as the battle went, I thought it was a bitch move to not let Roadblock get the extension. The rules do state, however, that it’s up to the opponent. I think the league doesn’t need any more no shows then it already has.
    Reptilian Takes the Win Here, and here’s his Best Line
    “I got some metal explosives, detonate whoever is closest/
    So if R.B.'s got beef you could bet that he's roasted/” - Reptilian

9. T.a.C(0-1) vs 10. Ravenous510(0-0)
    Ravenous, welcome to the league. Ravenous came into this match up very confident, but not cocky. A newcomer to the battle scene might I add. With a unique style, he planned to capture the voters with witty punches and hard hitting personals. I also may add that he’s battling one of the easiest names to play on. However, he did not have the strongest of verses. It was not the fact that you had a unique style, though. Your verse was lackluster in many aspects of “battling.” In reality, it wasn’t that long of a verse either so I think you didn’t have much room to put together nice lines to form good punches and personals. But, keep it up and keep elevating. T.a.C came into this match with a pretty solid flow, which is usually his best aspect in all his verses. I will comment on that fact he mentioned the Bay Area A LOT, and it seemed to be a bit played out. However, there wasn’t much T.a.C. needed to do to overcome his opponent.
    T.a.C takes this victory and moves up in the ranks.
    Line of the Match:
    "Your trash lines get bashed spines, theres no hope for haven
    Cuz your concepts and rhymes been corny and played since Poe wrote the Raven" - T.a.C

7. SonnyDaze(14-2) vs 8. Gramur(4-4)
    After losing the title, Sonny has been hungry. He wasn’t going to have an easy week this week, either. Gramur has shown up in his match ups with some nice flow, witty punch lines, good personals, and an all around solid verse. SonnyDaze knew he had to come correct this week in order to move up in the rankings, on his way to claim that throne once again. I was hoping for a picture battle LOL. Gramur came out of the gate HARD with some nice personals about Sonny losing the champ match. Followed up with that mars bars line which was the line of the match. I voted for Gramur for his consistency, though. Just how I saw it. Sonny came right back after Gramur posted and showed he can hang. With a pretty polished flow, and some flossing lines in there to put himself up on a pedestal, Sonny was the victor of this match. He moves up to face Quriosity; is he ready for the challenge?
    SonnyDaze wins this matchup
    Line of the Match:
    "Pathetic! I been said it. Last week was sweet. We saw him plummet
    He's diabetic. Cuz Mars Bars were way too much for him to stomach " - Gramur

5. Allanon(1-0) vs 6. Quriosity(1-0)
    Q posted a quick no show verse. Luckily Allanon did not show up because Q’s verse would have lost.
    Quriosity advances to the #1 Contendership Match

#1 Contender‘s Match
    3. wreck'n'eyez(1-0) vs 4. PharCyzE(1-0)

PharCyzE has shown last week and this week that he is a force to be reckoned with. With a solid flow, dope metaphors, and some hard hitting personals that leave his opponents crying, he pulled a bitch move this week. Although I had PharCyzE winning this match either way, he did not allow wreck’n’eyez to have an extension. Phar came with some very nice lines, some of which attacked their last meeting in the battle forum. Wreck’n’eyez had something else to say, however. With another dope verse containing nice punch lines, great flow, and some flossing lines. The victor of this battle was the one who dissed their opponent more, the one who attacked the other more and focused less on their own skill level in words. Therefore, PharCyzE had this battle won in my eyes. Other voters thought different, but that’s how the cookie crumbles. PharCyzE wins this match because he did not want to let wreck’n’eyez get an extension. If I had a say in this, I would have let this go to the voters because this is the contendership match up, and there shouldn’t be anyone getting screwed out of a shot at the Championship.
    Line of the Match:
    "my burns ain't slack'n.. I, eyez matey!! salute the cpt - the way i dilute ya status
    mine as well, w/ them water down bars - u'll drown w/ the ship n loot of classics" - PharCyzE

Championship Match
    C. The Marshall(3-2) vs 2. Resilient(3-0)

Resilient showed up in this match hungry. Tired of the hate and the criticism, he knew what he had to do. Looking at the previous battles by the marshall, Resilient knew that he had to come at the marshall hard and fast with personals, punches, flow, multies - a full arsenal of shit! With some bullshit allegations from SonnyDaze stating that I bit his concept (which is horse shit because it’s a name flip on a similar concept, and I happened to do it better so fuck him) I still came out on top. It wasn’t easy though, because the marshall showed up with a solid flow, nice punch lines, and some hard hitting personals that I didn’t think I’d get up from. Did I go from 3rd person to 1st person in this recap? LOL Anyways, like Quriosity said, this was the battle of the week by far. Good matchup, TM.
    Resilient Wins, and is the new RBL Champion!
    Line of the Match:
    “You’re getting stepped on again, I’m not only talking ‘bout bars..
    But this isn’t the first time we heard of someone walking on Mars..” - Resilient

By Resilient. Aka iLLWeeMan
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Last Weeks Highlights

Brown Jesus
    Quriosity

c'mon fella why'd you even participate in the league
    we all know im better...hell, even you ranked yourself right under me
    The Marshall

i'll play hero to this site, while your career hits the drain
    your styles so far in the hole, we'd swear it was cell mates with bane
    The Marshall

u'll get hurt n action.. my skillz: superb n massive.. my work n rap'n = work of hammers
    learn this faggot... u ain't worth this magic -
    .......................... 6 lines in u got bodied 6 lines in worse than gramur
    PharCyze

stupid..................... i defile you rifts for come'n at me w/ that childish wit
    Understand, u ain't fly just cuz you hang around'em...! YOU fuck'n pile of shit
    PharCyze

i'm nice w/ a pen... it over sucker - during break i should've KO'd u brother
    so i wrote the same fuck'd up way to prove BARS WINS battles OVER STRUCTURE
    PharCyze

Pathetic! I been said it. Last week was sweet. We saw him plummet
    He's diabetic. Cuz Mars Bars were way too much for him to stomach
    Gramur

I took the crown in 4 matches, who knew it would happen
    This dude is a has-been, or more like a real life Shooter McGavin
    Sonny Dazy

If I was here for 4 years and title-less, my style woulda got turned on its head
    I’m gonna put a new spin on audio- Charlotte here’s only known for words on the web
    Sonny Daze

You're how many years old and have never recorded in a booth before?
    A one trick pony that’s an Oreo, you’re practically a Unicorn.
    Sonny Daze

Left behind for those lame raps of his, It’s time he learn what rapture is
    And watch me shit on Q(cue) next, like I’m loaded up with laxatives.
    Sonny Daze

Your trash lines get bashed spines, theres no hope for haven
    Cuz your concepts and rhymes been corny and played since Poe wrote the Raven
    T.a.C

# # #

[10] - Reptilian
    I'll call 'em fake...any goal you've reached was all mistakes/
    I'll have RoadBlock's Road Blocked off with caution tape/

[9] - Reptilian
    Road - your blocked - from all the men in ya pot holes/
    Fightin' you ain't even a work out, but somehow you still got swole/

[8] - Wreck'n'eyez
    wack jokes, old concepts n ur verse has more grey areas than a bad movie
    i can tell that verse took 60 minutes... and the help of Al Rooney

[7] - Tacky Jones
    This gay chooses to bore, but’ll meet a funny end
    The most Uninteresting Man is Ravenous for a title…stay hungry my friend

[6] - Resilient.
    This whore won’t compete, You champ? Biggest folklore I can see..
    ‘cause you beat days (daze) - let’s see if you can last more than a week..

[5] - the marshall
    i'll play hero to this site, while your career hits the drain
    your styles so far in the hole, we'd swear it was cell mates with bane

[4] - Wreck'n'eyez
    this dude ain't serious, now everyone watch as this gimmick gets bent
    them bars are so uneven... they can be used for an olympic event

[3] - Reptilian
    I got some metal explosives, detonate whoever is closest/
    So if R.B.'s got beef you could bet that he's roasted/

[2] - PharCyze
    stupid..................... i defile you rifts for come'n at me w/ that childish wit
    Understand, u ain't fly just cuz you hang around'em...! YOU fuck'n pile of shit

[1] - Resilient.
    Listen marshall you can’t touch me, by far I’ll score best..
    You didn’t battle last week
    …… It was a contest to see who’s bars are more stretched!

Line of the Week

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...ll-3-2-vs-2-resilient-3-0-resilient-wins.html

Verse of the Week

test
  4. Brown Jesus

This Week's Preview

Brown Jesus
    Quriosity

CHAMP
    1. Resilient (4-0)
    2. PharCyze (2-0)

I always liked PC's style; maybe a little wordy, but solid. Res is for real, though. I think it's going to take Phar's A-game to win, but I still have weeman winning. Res retains in an interesting battle.

Resilient stands above the rest, and he will continue to do so. Phar just doesn't have the talent to pull this out, though I think he has the will and I'm interested to see what his aggression will produce. Sadly enough, I assume that he will ignore all past criticism and thereby stunt his progression as a battle writer. On the other hand, Res has improved quickly and largely due to being mature enough to study his faults and work to improve them. Still not "nice", but decent and a force in this league as is. Should be a good match, but I think Res will take it.

CONTENDER
    3. Quriosity (2-0)
    4. SonnyDaze (15-2)

This one should be really good. Sonny was knocked from his high perch and he wants to reclaim his position at the top. Unfortunately, in order to arrive at this field of dreams, he has to get by Q. This is all very Billy Goat Gruff and he crossed that bride when he got there... but SD isn't a GOAT =/. Q should win and claim #1 Contender. Next week will be very interesting to say the least.

I won't predict my own match. Good luck, Sonny. I hope you write your heart out. I will say that I went through your past matches and you have some pure glimpses of raw talent mixed with off-the-wall-wackness. It's almost as if you're not the same person each time you post. Oh well, may the best verse win.

5. Reptilian (1-0)
    6. The Marshall (3-3)

Only see one verse from Reptlian, so I don't know what to expect; what I did see was alright. Marshall is decent, though, I was digging his verses before the break. Marshall is trying to get back into a champ match, too, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Marshall came correct last week, and I was impressed with his match with Resilient. I love reading a verse that comes off as cocky and has at least half the talent to back it up. Marshall has potential to be among the best of this league as is. Reptilian has yet to show and prove. Last week, he pulled a bitch move and fought for a technicality win. Not sure why a W in that column amongst a league of everyone who witnessed how you earned it is more important than actually earning it. But then, it's difficult for me to think like a bitch because I am not one. Should be a good match to watch as Rep did show some talent and swag in his verse last week, but I think Marshall takes it. Too many good personals to spin off last week's bitchfest.

7. Wreck’n’eyez (1-1)
    8. Gramur (4-5)

If wreck shows, then I can't see him losing. I like Gram, he's up and down, but he's usually decent. Unless there's a no show, then I have wreck winning.

Gramur finds himself outmatched here. Wreck got played last week, but clearly was the better writer. And, I believe he'll have enough in the tank to pull this out if he indeed shows up and Gramur allows the extension. Gram is slightly better than I recall, but still lacks a lot. I just don't see him being a force in this league. He's like a tacky jones, which, I just learned, champed this god awful league when it was at its worst. Gram can do that, and more, but will never do damage to those who are actually talented at this. I take Wreck for having a decent amount of talent and I hope he finds time to show it this week. I've got Wreck here.

9. Ravenous510 (0-1)
    10. Roadblock (0-1)

Never seen ravenous before and roadblock sounds familiar. So vote - roadblock... unless Ravenous is dope.

:scared:

Ravenous was a distraction last week. Not enough talent to warrant his aggression, but I'm interested to see how he improves each week. Roadblock is an old head, but I still don't recall his talent level though I do recall seeing him around the boards and RonJ brings vague memories. If he finds the time, I can only assume that he would win. Ravenous lost to T.a.C last week, so i'd be a fool to support him. I think Roadblock wins.

11. mic jordan. (0-0)
    12. SiegeSupreme (0-0)

Mic Jordan sounds familiar too, and SS... yeah, never heard of him. And since SS seems to be an acronym for all sorts of nastys thing and Mike always had that charming smile, I'll be going with the popular vote today.

Don't know 'em. Good luck. Judging by names, the few posts I've seen, and just pure intuition, I say jordan wins if they both show. It's also just as safe a guess to assume that jordan no-shows. Oh well, only time will tell.

13. namix (0-0)
    14. Ah Swoop Pen (0-0)

Not sure about this one, either; mainly because there isn't a thread posted. I'll figure out what's up and adjust accordingly.

An Swoop Pen could either be an alias, or a truly new poster to this site. In my time, that was rare, but I don't see much value in having an alias in a league with talent this low unless he, under his original name, is also wack and this is his attempt at making a name for himself. Either way, if this is the Namix from long ago, he wins.
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

Brown Jesus
    Quriosity

5. The Marshall

This kid isn't bad, I like his style. If he raises the bar a little, he'll be fine. Should be a perennial on this list.

4. PharCyze

In the Champ match with Res doesn't bode well for PC, might not be on this list next week.

3. Sonny Daze

I haven't had to write anything about this guy in PR's since... ever. So, for old times sake... this one's always easy.

2. Q

I probably should have put him at 1, but I guess it's only natural that he earns it by winning the next couple weeks.

1. Ill Wee Man

Sounds like the antagonist of an illustrated children's book about STD's doesn't it?

Honorable Mention

Sorry guys, none this week.

# # #

[5] - Namix. It may be too soon for him to land here, but he claims that he never no shows, so I expect a verse. And, if this is the same namix, I expect him to surprise many with a rusty, but decent level of talent and a style more in line with my tastes.

[4] - SonnyDaze. Former champ, but no battles worth noting. Still, he seems to be respected among the other participants in the league and boasts a pretty impressive record. He also, unlike many others, seems to be mature and has a level head. That alone might allow him to progress quicker than others who have proven stubborn.

[3] - Wreck'n'eyez. He proved two things last week--(1) that he has talent and (2) that his weakness is posting on time. I suspect, with as much bitchassness as I witnessed last week, that people will continue to opt for the easy W to pad their record and wreck will eventually sign out. If not, I think he will continue to climb through the ranks.

[2] - the marshall. Rightfully so, I've got him second on my list. He's already beginning to grow and I've only seen him post twice. I like the attitude he has both in his verses and just around the league. A calm cockiness. I think that will take him far. And in this league, his talent is up there with the best of them.

[1] - Resilient. He's the champ, that should earn him the top spot in these here power rankings. No true formula really, other than me just ranking people based on who I think has the potential to do the most damage in the near future.

T O P 5 T O L O O K F O R

namix
    One of the greats from the prime time in RBL. This man will come out of no where and make sure he gains that title he feels is his. This is someone who can still write against anyone, about anyone, to anyone, and for anyone. Someone better keep a close eye on him.

wreck’n’eyez
    This guy is sour right now, and is on a rampage. I can feel it in his replies in the Lounge Thread. With a smooth flow, nice punch lines, and hard hitting personals, this is someone that should not go over looked. I see him making his way to the top, as long as he doesn’t get screwed out of a title match again (PharCyzE)

PharCyzE
    Although he forced a DQ win to get into the championship match, I can’t take away the skill this individual possesses. Clear flow, hard punch lines, good use of multies, generic style making for a good read - this man has it all. If he toned down the ego a bit he will be someone to look for. And he if doesn’t force another DQ on someone and pull that type of bullshit, however I did have him winning the previous match.

Quriosity
    Definitely one of the greats of the RBL history. This man won’t give up, he’ll spark beef, and he’ll back it up every single time. One of the original members here at RM, he knows how to play the game, he knows how to win. With original concepts, great wording, and the will to keep moving up, I think this man is a dominating force here in the RBL.

Resilient.
    I’m the Champ. I’m 4-0 right now, and I plan to stay in the Champion’s spot. I’m not the greatest, but week in and week out I will do what I have to do to win. I don’t expect this week to be any different. I will show up with a solid verse against my opponent, and leave it in the hands of the voters. Good luck PharCyzE - this will be a tough one.

by Resilient aka iLLWeeMan
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

P R E V I E W
    Namix vs. Ah Swoop Pen
    Namix is D-O-P-E. Who is this other guy? I’m going with namix because I’ve known dude for a while and he’s dope.

mic Jordan vs. Siege Supreme
    I know mic Jordan, however I don’t remember if he was any good. SS is another alias. Don’t know him. Go mic Jordan!

Ravenous vs. Roadblock
    Ravenous has a weird style. It’s hard to read at times. He has an okay grasp on punch lines, but I feel that if he wants to beat Roadblock this week, he’s going to need to come with something that was better than last week. As far as Roadblock, decent writer. Got screwed in his last match, so I’m sure he’s hungry this time to get back up there and face Reptilian.
    Vote - Roadblock.

wreck’n’eyez vs. Gramur
    This is going to be the match of the week Both of these guys are very nice at what they do. Both have a good grasp on flow, use of multies, witty punch lines, and some nice personals. This battle is going to amount to who can diss who longer because I see some really nice lines coming out of these two.
    I’m going to say wreck’n’eyez takes this - He’s pissed off about losing his title shot last week with some bitch move shit.
    Vote - wreck’n’eyez

Reptilian vs. the marshall
    The marshall will be taking this matchup easily. Reptilian is okay, lots of filler lines incorporated into his verse. The marshall has some good concepts, and with some rewording he’ll be able to walk through this match unscathed.
    Vote - the marshall

#1 Contendership Match Up
    Quriosity vs. SonnyDaze

This will be a great battle to see. Sonny has been hungry ever since he lost his title. There is a serious beef generating behind the scenes regarding this match as well which will make for an interesting battle. I say 30 lines a piece from these two emcees to show who the real lyricist is. Q has the flow, the multies, the witty punches, and personals, and the overall presence and I believe will win this match in a nail biter of a battle.
    Vote - Quriosity

Championship Match Up
    Resilient. vs. PharCyzE

This is going to be my toughest battle yet since coming to the RBL. PharCyzE isn’t bad at all. Nice flow, good punches, decent personals. His downfall is that he has to explain his punch lines which I feel takes away from them as a whole. Overall, this is going to be a great match.
    Vote - I don’t know.

by Resilient. Aka iLLWeeMan[/b]

Outro

There you have it. I hope you enjoyed your Mag this week as much as I enjoyed writing it. I will edit in Res' section later (or Q will) or write it up myself by tomorrow. In the meantime, show up for your battles, vote and have fun... bitches!

ps: W.eezy is pretty in pink... no homo.

[​IMG]

:scared:
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

good shit.

added my three cents.

i tried to color code wherever i added my comments. so, i'm pale green and brown jesus is royal blue.

oh, and thanks for the heads up BJ about the missing thread.

^that sir, is sarcasm. lol. thank god i read the mag.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

there. now can everybody see the mag?

didn't realize i still had it hidden.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

it's nice to read three different perspectives.
    test
  10. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Good looks on the mag guys. Fun to read and lets me get a feel of some of the other battlers in the RBL

What's up with the Weezy pics though? lol
    test
  11. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

test
  12. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I'm iLL, and my watch sick.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

In response to resilient's comment on last week's contender match, in retrospect, I might've done the same. No worries. As I don't respect bitchassness, if I indeed stick around for football season, I'll surely come up with something to avoid that happening in the future.
    test
  14. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

You should. We got a few more members this week, and if we get everyone to show - Next week we have more members. Maybe we can grow into a real league again. As far as FF When's Jook sending that shit out?
    test
  15. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Oh, and I totally forgot about the textmaster shit - haha.. Those were the good old days. Me and Brown Jesus I think were the Hooligans of Cyber Rap. don't remember who else, though.
    test
  16. namix

namix u flip shit, i refine it

woof.

nice mag for sure.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.