Mag - Week 4

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Clawz, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribonuclease

Ribonuclease New Member

Got Life - I understand the fact that you say I didn't come from a very creative approach with my piece last week. Its a bit true, I didn't think too deeply into having some crazy topic i just saw that picture of distorted clocks and felt to use that as a 'times are changing' theme, which I think is a creative idea. And when I read your piece I didn't find much creativity at all, considering there is no way to know that was a personal experience (until you have now told us that it was) that is a story that i have heard in real life a million times, not to mention its probably been done in leagues a lot of times. When you think about how you approached your topic, you just wrote an emotional piece about a personal experience that was quite simple, the strongest part about it was the emotion, and if we don't know its real emotion, sometimes it doesn't strike as that way. Do you understand what I'm saying? You had no crazy twists or approaches in your piece, and sometimes I feel that your rhyming style can be a bit bland. Reading pieces from I dunno and Runna Da Mille (to name a couple I enjoy reading the most ) they have creative metaphorical and rhyming approaches to every line in their verses. This is the reason I felt Dic had the better piece this week. The only reason I write this is because I thought it interesting that you mentioned how I wasn't very creative with my approach, yet your approach was incredibly basic. Not hatin at all dude, I like your writing and I really enjoyed the piece, just my 2 cents.
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

It's all good...I can appreciate you actually stating the fact...and yea I can see where you're coming from, but I realize it's not dripping with originality, which is why I even made hints towards the romeo and juliet bit...I realize this has been done before, but this is my perspective on it with my emotion attached to it...for me the piece was about imagery and emotion, not focusing so much on my scheme and originality factor, the only reason why I particularly pointed it out about you is because I have yet to see you really come with an original verse, yet you are a good writer...
    test
  3. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

diggity do@!
    test
  4. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet 11/04/2000 - 06/19/2009

test
  5. Got Life?

^ Take it back LP or I will shit list you for bad feedback...
    test
  6. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

aawwww, Got Life, you've gott a heart after all. Lil shit talking mothafucka.. lmao

I can appreciate all the time and effort you put into the shit you do. I think you really wanna be mod. Sounds like some Insense shit to do to be mod. If you're not Insense, then I highly apologize, but you seem too much like him to not be him. It's like that episode of the Simpsons when Homer was a clown and everybody thought he was crusty cuz they're both funny idiots.... but on the real, you do alot of work in this bitotch and we cn all see that regardless of how much of an asshole you act like most of the time

O, DID I READ TEKS VERSE WRONG? Oops.... really tried to get through it all. Thanks for pointing that out Mr Clause... and fuck you very much good friend. Really, I'd greet you with the Dic personally, but I don't wanna cause a black out in your home.

Sorry Tek, but you clearly loss that match anyway. The content didn't come together nicely to progress the verse. I try to give clear responses in my votes and if I missed something crucial in your verse, that's my bad and I'm big enough to admit it. I'll read it again....

MY BAD
    test
  7. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

As far as my writing and your respect of me as a person goes Got Life... you don't know me man. lmao, it's foolish to even think you do. Get over yourself and focus on your writing. Regardless of the topic I chose, my writing was just more polished than yours this week. Blaming it on hatred and screening voters doesn't make you more respectable btw... just incase you forgot that part.

Keep writing mags tho... you're good at giving your own long winded point of views just like you do in your verses.
    test
  8. Clawz

Clawz House

dic, what the hell are you talking about lol?
    test
  9. Got Life?

Yea...dic I pointed out that you read it wrong...you half a ••••••...and sure I don't know you but being that you keep assuming i'm some goofy skinny black guy...I refuse to accept that I can't judge you...which is why i'll continue to do so...but you're right...I do want to be a mod...
    test
  10. RIKOSHAY

RIKOSHAY New Member

Jersey is classic, I just wish his promises were grander.

GL,
    "Ribo did not “woo” him enough…I guess in the future Ribo will be sending Tek flowers and wine so that Tek can be “wooed” into the mood."
    ^Made me actually laugh out loud.

Clawz, I thought this was going up tomorrow, I'd have done some closing thoughts.
    test
  11. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

replying to read
    test
  12. Ribonuclease

Ribonuclease New Member

Is Rikoshay Runna Da Mille? If not is Runna an alias? Just curious.
    test
  13. Clawz

Clawz House

yeah, riko showcases old verses he has w/ runna
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Hidden wont work.

We get enough ''dope shit man'' replies.

We went feedback. Not freeposts.
    test
  15. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Oops, my bad again. Oh well.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Dope read.

lol @ the subliminal mind conditioning hahahahaha. I toyed with changing the RSTL match logos to a gif flashing ''Vote - Momma'' for a split second.
    test
  17. Got Life?

Haha @ Malo...
    test
  18. Avirex

Avirex New Member

this mag sucked for 2 reasons

1. because got life wrote most of it
    2. because got life wrote most of it

im still laughing at you thinking your verse was 2nd best this week.. you must really be desperate to be seen as good if you have to put your own shit in the ranks to ever get it noticed.

jesus mods.. get someone with talent to anyalize verses and determine whose was good.. the mag looses credibility when you have people like got life obsessivly praising his own shit in it.. you really couldnt have picked anyone worse to help with the mag

and about me being a poor voter...

i spent more time then i've ever had to when voting this week, and to have that little faggot no life try and degrade my effort is a joke.. your problem with me is you expect too much.. stop thinking of me as some god who should be doing or writing something a certain way.. get over the fact that im L dogg and see me as Lord Drama a new name to the league.. if i wanted to be seen as L dogg i would have signed in with that name.. all your doing by critisizing me is testing me, like you have something to prove to the great l dogg, when in actuality i could care less about you and want nothing to do with you.. im just another name in the league trynna write some shit.. i dont need votes from you saying iv seen you come better than this type shit.. your a bias pathetic internet junky with no concept of the outside world around you.

im gonna solve both our problems.. since you dont like my voting and i dont like anything about your writing, you can avoid voting on my matches and ill gladly avoid reading/voting on that horrible writing you manage to come up with in yours.
    test
  19. RIKOSHAY

RIKOSHAY New Member

Drama, we don't parcel out assignments for this mag, we ask everyone to contribute and we post everything we get.
    Go ahead and do a top 5 next week.
    PEA
    test
  20. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

I will be continuing with the top 5 verses next week unless Lord Drama reallys wants to write it. I personally think it will help if different people do the top 5 verses each week, just to get a fresh perspective and a new point of view, because after all, almost everybody is bias so why not spread the bias?

And Lord Drama, think of it as throwing a bone, so don't stress over it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.