Mag - Week 4

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Clawz, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clawz

Clawz House

CONTENTS​

I. WEEK IN REVIEW (Clawz)
    II. TOP 20 BREAKDOWN, Part 1 (Got Life?)
    III. TOP 20 BREAKDOWN, Part 2 (Got Life?)
    IV. I HEART JERSEY EMCEE (Clawz)
    V. TOP 5 SEGMENTS (Clawz)
    VI. TOP 5 VERSES (Got Life?)
    VII. THE SHIT LIST (Got Life?
    VIII. VOTER OF THE WEEK (Clawz)
    IX. FINAL THOUGHTS (Clawz)

test
  2. Clawz

Clawz House

Week in Review

by Clawz​

Another day, another dollar, only a few sign outs and a bunch of solid sign ins, including a nice influx from the RBL, which is great. Not really motivated to hit you all with my witty repartee, but I’d rather watch the Colbert Report than real news, so in that vein I’ll keep altering the facts and quoting all of you out of context, because Jersey Emcee babbling about conspiracy theory’s and voter fraud is funnier than him just plain no showing. But not by much. I also talk about myself more than I usually do, because I’m starting to realize I’m the only one who reads this lol. Here’s this week, By The Numbers:

4.18 Votes per show this week
    5.06 Votes per show last week
    12.5 Percent of votes won by less than 2 last week
    85.7 Percent of votes won by less than 2 this week
    13-0 Score Runna DaMille beat Blackwell by
    7.00 Points earned this week
    6.58 Points earned last week

Last week, we had one match decided by a single vote. This week we had 5. And geez, a positive correlation with amount of votes, what a coincidence. I oughta take the bell curve, rip out the bell, and smack you with it. On the flipside, people are getting smarter and starting to earn their points, the average points earned per week keeps rising from the original 5.63, and last weeks 6.58, up to a full 7 points.

In the Championship Match, Annihilation (14-2) defended against Pent uP (24-10), narrowly edging him out 3-2. The key to my success in this battle can largely be attributed to Step 2 and Step 4 of last weeks 12 Steps to RSTL Success Seminar held by, well…me and Pent uP:

http://board.rapmusic.com/showpost.php?p=13388108&postcount=8

Excerps:

Step 2. Post as many self-gloating threads as possible in emcee hookups and try to pass it off as boosting the leagues credibility and popularity. Any hate replies are a good thing, you're generating interest, and should antagonize them further. Threads like "Coming out of Retirement" after your two week vacation watching Xena on your couch in your parents basement is always a big hit. If you're not getting enough responses, create new user accounts and build them up over time in useless sections like Lipstick Alley or whatnot. Make sure NOT to use those newly created aliases immediately, build them up with various personas and posts. You've always wanted to be a dancer, now is your chance. You are Cristobel, you are from France, and you like lemon morang pie and velvet garments. But you're also MC Hammerhead, a big fish in a small pond, who has a chip on his shoulder and more defense mechanisms than a freudian handbook. Don't limit yourself to simply upping threads in Emcee Hookups, sign them in to the RSTL. That hater veteran vote against you again with some "comprehensive" vote about your "lack of rhyming" or some crap? Hammer Time.

Step 4. Another tip is to vote opposite whom your opponent voted for in other matches, that way you're guaranteed to create bias and catch other bias voters such as yourself to vote for you despite your inferior verse. Avoid voting in honest voters match in order to minimize the possibility of them returning the favor and actually voting in your match, you want the least exposure possible to any sort of objective analysis. The key here is preparing two separate votes on a notepad file. You're going to post a template vote with the "hide" brackets in place, in order to see who your opponent voted for. QUICKLY, edit your vote, paste in whichever pre-fabricated vote you came up with that is for the opposite of whom your opponent go for and submit. You should be able to beat the Edit function's feature of tagging your post as having been edited and you're in the clear. These stupid, slow mods could, in theory, use this "ghosting" feature to see what the original post said, but who the hell is going to know?

Pent up lost because he only used Step 11, a critical mistake…you need to combine several steps, its all part of the multifactoral causation approach, as me using Step 2. in addition to Step 4 pushed me over the edge. In fact, Step 2 is in action as we speak, whereas, unlike the professional and objective third-person Week in Review you’ve been reading since last year, which is practically void of any first-person showing, this one is rife with it. Not to be confused with first-person shooter, a term most of you are far too familiar with. It’s not too late to order, operators are standing by. Do you have what it takes, to not only be an RSTL Champion, but a Champion in life? Order now.

In the Contender Match, rookie sensation Stairway (3-0) advanced, as for the 2nd Contender showing in a row, Lost Prophet (14-6), was unable to post a verse, disappointing many, including myself, as I’m relatively certain he hasn’t actually lost in about 2 months, has won Verse of the Week twice and Voter of the Week as well. Thankfully, thanks to his voting, he’ll remain in the league this coming week.

The Red Division Title Match pitted two former champs head-to-head, as Tekneek’s (65-26) late comeback fell just short of evening out the match, as Lord Drama (2-0) took the victory by a count of 5-4. He’ll take on bitter former rival I Dunnno (47-13), who put down Got Life? (13-9) in a hotly contested battle in the Blue Divisional Title Match. I expect the Contender Match between L Dogg and D.I.C. (Lord Drama and I Dunnno) to be the battle of the week, as these two RSTL giants lock horns for the fifth time, having already exchanged the champ belt before as well as spit venom at each other outside the arena. They’ve been trying to “Ice” the tension like “Vanilla” and change this into some sort of “Thrilla in Manila”, but I’d be willing to bet on this turning to more into a “Rumble in the Jungle”.

Round 2 between Urizen (8-5) and Ribonuclease (2-1) took place, seeing the Ribonucleic emcee ironically failing to replicate their last match up, taking it 6-5, and evening out the score between them to one game apiece. We’re still hearing about Tha DQ (4-6) and Brickz’s (2-0) battle, not because it was so memorable, just because Got Life? won’t shut up about it lol. This was a great battle, however, as our favorite relatively non-related relative, Cousin J O O K, jooked That DQ 6-4.

Elsewhere, Runna DaMille (22-6) smoked Blackwell (0-1) like a crackpipe, except Blackwell got fucked up instead, getting slaughtered 13-0. Facing a 5-time champion in your debut is not something I wish upon anyone, even though Jersey Emcee goes through it everytime he faces Rikoshay. Former champion Vigil (14-9) returned to former glory with his best piece in weeks, but only narrowly slid past the formidable MISSKEYdaQUEEN (9-6), who put up a great verse in her return to league action, as Vigil took it 5-4.
    test
  3. Clawz

Clawz House

Lola Cruez II (3-2) moved up with a no show win, and she’ll join Runna DaMille, Ribonuclease and Vigil, who all moved up to contend for their respective Divisional Titles. Entering the league this week is former champion Noib Da Mutt (34-12), moderator – Kriminal – (1-1), Canibi (0-0) and someone named DFVaiInSDF (0-0), which may or may not be part of someone’s Step 2. of the RSTL Seminar for Success. If so, I applaud you.

Also of note are three RBLer’s entering the league this week, including Calibre (0-0), Mets (0-0) and NOBLE SOLDIER (0-0). Welcome! If you haven’t been in the league before, I suggest reading the new rules, they come in handy, and we have hidden content voting as well. Ribo’s made a smooth transition, so if you’re not beefing with him, hit him up on AIM for the 411. Free points if you spam the RBL with shit about how great this league is, $ (Please don't).

And that, you ungrateful pieces of shit, is the Week in Review.
    test
  4. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 20 Breakdown, Part 1
    by Got Life?​

Now onto what you’ve all been waiting for…the breakdown brought to you by none other than Got Life?...proving to you that there is no substitute for my meticulous and often aggravating breakdowns. As usual lets look into the round robin matches before we get into anything else.

[hide]
    Ribonuclease versus Urizen
    The lucky winners of the first battle breakdown are Urizen and Ribo…these two guys faced off for the second time and this battle really had a little of everything. Good writing with room for improvement, some awkward writing, good votes, mediocre votes, and terrible votes. At the end of the day though Ribo walked away with this one by a count of 1 vote, after a vote for Urizen was dq’d. As far as I’m concerned this was a close battle, but Ribo did not captivate me as far as entertainment value is concerned because he yet again approached a subject matter that has been approached countless of times. I think that is honestly the biggest issue I ever have with your writing because it never truly strikes me as creative. Urizen did just the opposite and provided a very creative piece that allowed me to withdraw myself from the usual cookie cutter RSTL verse and actually enjoy reading something clever and all flaws in what either of them wrote aside, these guys did the league justice and are two of the people I still feel deserve some props. For any of you unaware Urizen’s piece was a rather clever piece about a soldier seemingly bred to kill and who was in fact a killing machine, yet with each murder he saw the face of the first man he killed and so he justified the killing by saying that he was just killing the same man over and over. Ribo on the other hand offered a glimpse into how our world is changing and how all of this has been reflecting upon him. Once again nice job to both of you and stay at it. Yes Urizen…I do give compliments from time to time…

Brickz versus Tha DQ
    The next battle on the list is Tha_DQ vs Jook. Personally I think Jess got robbed in this battle just because Jook has a very favorable popularity factor and because some people don’t want to read into what Tha_DQ is saying, whereas they have come to expect a certain caliber of writing from Jook. Whatever the case may be Tha_DQ wrote a very personal piece about why are were here on this earth and what happens after death. She writes this peace while just experiencing a death in the family and it’s natural for these questions to come forward. If you look past the grammar issues here and there this was her best piece yet and I can’t wait to see her continue to expand as a writer. Jook came with a clever piece that had some suspense and then abruptly came to a halt with the conclusion. While the concept was clever and the imagery was solid this piece felt incomplete and just wasn’t enough to beat Jess in my eyes. At the end of the day though Jook dodged the bullet and won by 2 votes.

Runna DaMille versus Blackwell
    In the match-up between Runna and Blackwell this was a joke of an RSTL match. Newcomer Blackwell dropped something that made me reminisce on some mediocre and heavily flawed self hype pieces found in the open mic and this just went to show that as previously stated in an argument with strike. These kind of writers really aren’t cut out for the RSTL. Considering the guy’s lack of posts and the beating he took I don’t expect to see him back next week, but if he returns he better be on a whole different chapter. As for Riko he posted a really old semi decent verse because he knew it was all he needed in order to get the win.

MISSKEYdaQUEEN versus Vigil
    This brings me to the match between Misskeydaqueen and Vigil. While this was a match decided by only one vote I don’t believe that this match should have ever been that close. Essentially what we had here was a rather crafty verse by Vigil spewing some of his opinions on society and American policies, which I found comical considering he does not live in the US. He faced off against a rape story filled with emotion and imagery, yet the twist that Misskey developed wasn’t much of a twist, or really any good at all. Essentially her ending kind of left the story rather incomplete. Outside of that my biggest issue with her verse was the fact that she jam packed it with endless amounts of filler sometimes using different words with the same meaning trying to over kill/fill her lines up to seem like she had such subject matter. I thought this was rather bland and I really didn’t notice any real standout performance here.[/hide]
    test
  5. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 20 Breakdown, Part 2
    by Got Life?​

With only four matches in the round robin this past week was one of the more pathetic showings since the beginning of the year. Moving beyond all that we have to take a look at both divisional title matches, which like many other battles were decided by one vote. Now that I think about it Runna vs Blackwell (Random Newbie) was the only match that wasn’t close.

[hide]
    RED​
    DIVISION TITLE MATCH
    Tekneek versus Lord Drama
    The Red Division Title match saw Tek face off against L Dogg in a battle of fallen off Veterans. Considering the fact that I gave this a monster breakdown during the course of voting, I’m not going to delve to deep on this. L Dogg had a verse that was rather inconsistent with reality as there were many details that he tried to paint using imagery that just never fit his story. Looking beyond all these issues and several mistakes elsewhere he had a decent story about a Rags to Riches drug dealer who fell in love only to be betrayed by his own father and then taking revenge. Essentially this was about as generic a story as you can do so I was not left impressed. Tek did not fail to deliver a mass amount of inconsistencies as well as there were a mass amount of details that just did not add up in his story. His story on the other hand was a son taking vengeance upon a mother that killed his father, I’m assuming the other characters killed were other family members, but that was a rather confusing aspect of Tek’s story as well. At the end of the day though I think L Dogg had a more consistent story although these guys wrote some really pitiful stuff this weak generating a lot of disappointment.

BLUE DIVISION TITLE MATCH
    I Dunnno versus Got Life?
    The Blue Division Title match showcased Dic vs Me. Naturally I was the underdog coming into this match, but I was robbed in this one and that’s not even on some Jersey Emcee type bullshit. That’s the honest reality of the situation and here’s why. Dic wrote a crafty verse talking about the perils of TV and how people need to live their lives instead of watching reality shows. While this is a powerful subject matter Dic is in a long line of writers that have approached this topic and because of that he wasn’t as creative as people gave him credit for being. Even if you look past how many RSTLers have done pieces like this there are a lot of recording artists out there on this conscious rap movement and that’s what it comes down to. As for myself I continued to write about things regarding my life, pouring out my emotion onto the page in front of me to give you guys a glimpse into my world. I wrote about the love of my life and how after she had gotten an abortion without letting me know that I put the blame on her and let her slip away even after we had been through so much. I used the emotion of this to explain to people that there are things in life that are utterly wonderful, but there are utter perils in life as well, so live life and embrace it because you never know when it’ll be over. I understand that some of you didn’t grasp this because it’s hard for a lot of you to understand I write about my life, but that’s what I write about. My personal experiences and things I know, I don’t just write random pieces about people who may have had love and throw in random things like eating disorders, drugs, and abortion into the mix. That’s just my life. Dic won this match and even though I feel I out-wrote him I still give him credit for being a well polished writer and for venting about his opinions, but the childish display he put on at the end of the night was pathetic and I lost all respect I ever had for him as a person. As a writer he’s still a good writer, but he’s not on some unreachable plateau. Dic is very beatable.

CONTENDER MATCH
    Lost Prophet versus Stairway
    LP continues to bust people’s balls by giving them a lot of hope that he’ll show and then doesn’t…this week was yet another clear cut example of this, but he voted on everything and voted well, so you can’t knock the man to much. As for his opponent, based on the lackluster voting he supplied I’m giving him a lackluster breakdown. It was a cool verse with a couple flaws here and there, the flow was choppy in a couple parts, but decent for the most part. Nice job. Hopefully you’ll get the point…garbage in…garbage out.

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Annihilation versus Pent uP
    The champ match showcased moderators Anni and Pent as Pent hungrily tried to grab his first RSTL belt. Unfortunately for him he proved to fall short of this ambitious task as he was met by a very determined Anni he combined Shakespeare’s “Othello”, HBO’s show “Rome”, and some Starcraft/Star Wars type shit. Personally I can’t say that I was the biggest fan of this play as some of the dialogue was unclear, but it was well written. My only real issue with this piece was that the language used seemed rather out of touch to the RSTL audience, and to the plot of the “play". For Pent up, while there was a glimmer of creativity and clever writing, Pent bit off more than he could chew this week and kind of lost himself in a very complex approach and lost voters in the process.
    [/hide]

And that’s what this whole past week boiled down to. Very few standout verses, very few matches, and a whole lot of dumb motherfuckers, btw I pointed the dumb motherfuckers out because dumb motherfuckers tend to get confused as to whether they are dumb motherfuckers or not.
    test
  6. Clawz

Clawz House

I Heart Jersey Emcee​

by Clawz​

I heart you times three, Jersey Emcee. I wanted to take this opportunity to show you how much I care with this piece about you. Care Bear hugs all around!

Jersey Emcee: Always ready to take advice:

March 15th, 2006:

Later on that week…

March 18th, 2006
    March 19th, 2006

A multiple times Award winner:

Most Hated
    (Who has been the most hated member in the past year?)

Jersey Emcee (winner)

Biggest Whiner
    (Who can’t keep their mouth shut about anything?)

Jersey Emcee (nominee)

Biggest EGO of the Year
    (Who, whether they are good or not, insists he or she is?)

Jersey Emcee (nominee)

No-Show King of the Year
    (Who never shows up for anything with their name on it?)

Jersey Emcee (nominee)

Making an impact on the league:

After both co-champs signed out, filling in here in 2003:
    Richard Corey defeats LiquidLife for the title, 7-3.

During his chance to down his sworn enemy in 2005:
    Rikoshay defends the title against Jersey Emcee (no show)

Knows how to produce a record:

From this Sign ups: http://board.rapmusic.com/showpost.php?p=13329763&postcount=15

Jersey Emcee: “I see dead people!”:

From this Mag: http://board.rapmusic.com/showpost.php?p=13270651&postcount=2

Rikoshay: Do you know about Jersey Emcee's history?
    Annihilation: no i don't
    Rikoshay: Every match he finds a way to say he was robbed by some cheating or technicatlity
    Rikoshay: he thinks all the mods are corrupt and out to get him
    Rikoshay: He's cyrin about matches being closed on Sat
    Rikoshay: tourney matches
    Annihilation: yes, a very stupid argument i read it.
    Rikoshay: Jersey used to not post links
    Rikoshay: and then cry for not getting his wins
    Rikoshay: and claim he couldn't understand the link posting tutorials everyone wrote for him
    Rikoshay: lmao
    Annihilation: rofl
    Rikoshay: When I faced him, I edited my verse into a post I'd made a few days earlier
    Rikoshay: but, it was clear my edit time was before verses were due
    Rikoshay: as well as way before the first vote
    Rikoshay: he claimed I cheated and altered my verse somehow
    Rikoshay: funny thing is, you're allowed to edit if it's before deadline and no votes are cast
    Annihilation: you should ask for links to therapy sessions not battles he voted on lol
    Rikoshay: he thought the mods were making up fake votes in the No Names tourney
    Rikoshay: lol
    Annihilation: hahaha
    Rikoshay: after he no-showed like 3 matches in a row, he was told to not bother signing in again because he wouldn't be ranked
    Rikoshay: he signed in anyway, cried about being left out
    Rikoshay: claimed he was never warned
    Annihilation: lmao

Jerseym, ure special, and I hope U sign back in REALLY REALLY soon, I’ll make cupcakes! I think ure great, and I love the feedback I get from you, even if it’s not about my verse or anything LOL. I believe you when you say that ure 22-5, and that the NSA is after you. My tinfoil hat is built to just like U told me too, now we can have matching outfits ROFLMAO. Anyways, Piece out. LOL.
    test
  7. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 5 Segments​

by Clawz

5. Urizen

the first man I killed the first man that fell to my gun
    after I murdered him I kept asking myself “what have I done"
    but they told me it gets easier after the first time
    but with the third again his face popped into my mind
    and in my twisted mind I figured what every killer would
    I can kill as much as I want and as much as I could
    because if in my mind the same man keeps dieing
    then in my mind also the same family keeps crying

4. Ribo

while my heart races, you place bets.. they start chases..
    a rat race through a sad place enough to earn my dark graces.
    seein the world through thick glasses though my vision is perfect,
    a youth of split atoms viewed as a kid in a circus,
    the way i was walkin a tight rope,
    and had my head in the mouth of a lion.
    I was dousin the flame and crouchin to pray
    flippin my pennies within the fountain of Zion.

3. L Dogg

you don't need to know much about her, ended up a typical chick
    one who is understandable at first, but becomes a hypocritical bitch
    she snuck around when I left town, would catch her in the stash
    she'd have our 8ball mirror covered in white, while I smothered her in cash
    she took baths at night and soaked, inside her greedy little heart
    her meaty claws had hooked me broke, an it was tearing us a part

2. J O O K

What ever I dished out, he did the same with his fist out
    The fight for my fucking life, so I couldn't miss now
    It was a dead lock, I thought I was testin a herb
    Just then he ripped out ... my testicle nerves
    Guard, guard! I screamed but it was a death silence
    I took a breath, and yet... he was to the left smilin'
    I scraped the walls with my bloody fingernails
    Masked by a respiratory tract infection, the eager yells
    Fell upon death ears, I wish there was an option to run
    Finally ..... an Officer comes

1. Pent uP

In the beginning god gave us internal ignorance
    Built us walls and AC to keep from that infernal impotence
    so we wouldnt get FUCKED UP from our slim learning diffrences
    but then adaption taught us how to begin burning innocence
    so instead of building bridges and not decieving brethren
    We built moats of sweat and tears and swam beneath his present
    Got out the water and climbed tree's until the flourished fruit was stolen
    and the background burned holes for our fortitude to open
    now its excessable to a wide gorge of rude emotion
    that humans perfect as they rebuttle important views they've spoken
    As an atom we gradually grew what we call anatomy
    but where we're headed its a mutating freefall of rarity
    test
  8. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 5 Verses​

by Got Life?​

So yea…it was very hard to pick the top 5 verses this week because there were very few actual good verses. With that said here we go…

5. Tha DQ

This was her best writing to date and I feel that she truly beat Jook and got robbed as far as the voting was concerned. Jess continued to try to incorporate a smooth flow while driving forth a topic that was clearly on her mind at the time and it’s a topic that a lot of us come to ponder every time we are at a cross roads or lose someone that was important to us. She incorporated solid wordplay, very good imagery, and genuine emotion in order to bring this all together and that’s why she deserves this appreciation.

4. Vigil

Vigil continues to do what he’s always been doing, he has his own little awkward flow that from time to time I have found a beat that it works with, this particular piece did not fit that case, but regardless it was a good read. He engaged the reader with his opinions on a subject matter that most say has been beaten to death a bit, but he approached it with great wordplay and really packed a lot of witty concepts within his lines.

3. Annihilation

This week Anni continued his title defense by composing a rather clever and unique spin on a few various concepts. While there were clues to various things being incorporated throughout this it was still a remarkably original idea to bring it all together in such a fashion and of course the mechanics were very good as you can expect from a verse written by Anni.

2. Got Life?

Although I’m still on the fence about who deserved the win between Dic and myself we easily had the two best pieces this week. My particular piece was dripping with raw emotion and very solid imagery. Beyond that it tied in with a crisp flow and this was probably the best piece I’ve written in the RSTL, or at least I think so.

1. I Dunnno

I think this was the only verse that could have beaten me this week and I have to give Dic credit for being a clever writer that incorporates various facets into his writing allowing his pieces to be more versatile and better written. I think as far as mechanics and vocab are concerned he had me beat. Beyond that he also put forth some very creative and witty lines of his own.​
    test
  9. Clawz

Clawz House

The Shit List

by Got Life?​

So lets see this week was no exception to past weeks. Emotions flared, people were left unsatisfied, and popularity continued to prevail over talent. All of this though is something that I have come to expect from the RSTL because of the way human nature takes form through the net. Everyone thinks they’re the toughest motherfucker alive because no one has come flying through their screen and kicked them in their throat. While I still wait for such technology to be readily available I’ll have to resort to pointing out every utter moron in the league. Indeed I am combining every single shitty voter into the shit list and will break down for that shitty voter why their vote was shitty.

First lets have the shit list…never to be outdone at the top of this list sits the one, the only Jersey Emcee. Reports confirm that he was indeed busying trying to become a fluffer for a porn studio, which is why he once again left everyone hanging. Joining Jersey in his conquest towards irrelevance are Penitence, Juked, and Scratchmatikks who continue to demonstrate the fact that incoming no names tend to be consistently meaningless in the league. To no surprise Ticker joins this group after humiliation earlier in the week caused his acne to get out of control causing him to abandon ship.

No big surprise here, but the down syndrome infested group is also joined by the following people who felt that voting was not important enough to take part in. These people include Lola who although tends to vote and gives it a decent attempt when she does had some issue with voting this week. Joining her bisexual comrade in this weeks special Olympics is last weeks voter of the week Tha_DQ who seemed to have buckled under the stress of not being able to remain voting at such high standards. Actually scratch that…it appears tha_dq did indeed vote, but didn’t link the votes in her thread. I guess she is just cheering on Lola then.

Three people stood out this week as the most prominent dumb motherfuckers of voting…those 3 people were Misskeydaqueen, L Dogg, and Tek. I seriously hope that you start putting some effort into your votes as other people put efforts into breaking down your verses week by week.

Now onto the specifics and details in regards to the dumb motherfucking voters…Ironically none were present in the champ match which saw only 5 votes. Once again going to show for the fact that the champ match is not something that most of the league gives a flying fuck about.

From time to time I try and not judge people that vote on my battles, but this week a couple people really got on my nerves…first off we have L Dogg…the thing here was that the verse clearly stated that I had previously gotten this girl through an eating disorder and now after this I was through…I didn’t want to do more…that was just to give an idea of why the character in the story (me) let the girl slip away and if she saw blame when she looked in my eyes…how is that me pushing her to get an abortion when I say that I was ready/willing to have a son…simply put when you vote and try to nit pick…at least have consistency in what you’re saying. The next voter in question wasn’t as bad, but still had flaws mind you he voted for me, but Urizen…abortions are rather sudden and the whole dream scene depicted of a scalpel crashing…that was all connected with that and she tried to get her mind off things so she turned to crack…beyond that I don’t think not voting for someone because they had a “make you think” type verse is really a good call. Next we have Misskeydaqueen…now to say that her stretching for random things to say in a voting breakdown didn’t surprise me much as she is always stretching to say something in her rhymes as well…this vote was no exception to this as she felt that DIC was really into his piece and it captured a lot of him, yet my piece about me letting the girl that I loved slip away down a slippery slope leading to suicide after she had aborted my child…well that according to her was lacking in sincerity. What can you expect from someone who’s only experiences with “love” are through sappy poetry that people send her on Myspace.

Misskeydaqueen continued her riveting success as a voter in the Red Divisional Title match as well leaving L Dogg the explanation that he had a good story, and that’s about the only conclusive thing she said as far as Tek’s piece was concerned she said that, “The point, by the way, was clear.”…Thanks for adding the by the way…it becomes clear to me with every minute that you put filler in your verses and votes to compensate for your hollow existence. Surprising me with his vote was DIC as well as he stated that he did not see why Tek had the son kill the father and never saw a conflict present. Ironically this is because Tek never had the son kill the father and instead had the son get revenge for his father. There were inconsistencies in this battle, but that wasn’t one of them…thanks for playing, but next time lets try reading a verse before making an ass out of both you and tek.

Tek managed to stop by the Urizen vs Ribo match-up and provided a vote that lacked any substance apparently Ribo did not “woo” him enough…I guess in the future Ribo will be sending Tek flowers and wine so that Tek can be “wooed” into the mood. Ironically Misskeydaqueen’s only decent vote this week which came in this battle was dq’d because she forgot to hide her vote…like I said she really is incompetent.

Before I go any further I’d also like to point out that while new comer Stairway hasn’t particularly said anything stupid or ridiculous his votes lack any substance and blow big floppy donkey dick…this overlapping onto the 3rd line rule needs to be expanded because you can’t honestly break down 60 line verses within 2 lines and one word.

Tek managed to stop by and throw in a bad vote in Jook vs Tha_DQ once again offering nothing of real substance except for saying that he felt tha_dq didn’t properly introduce him to her verse and was “one sided” in how she wrote, which tends to be the case when you’re talking about the meaning of life from your perspective…but then again Tek has seen Jesus so I shouldn’t be questioning his grasp of concepts.

In the battle between Misskeydaqueen and Vigil, L Dogg made another guest appearance on the terrible voters list making the far fetched claim that his story last week must have inspired Misskey’s about rape…yes clearly you are inspiration to all of us…on the other hand Vigil does not share political aspirations with L Dogg and because of that L Dogg foresaw him as a liberal nut and tossed his vote Misskey’s way…glad to know you have multifaceted biases….Tek added his 2 cents to this battle stating that he felt Vigil needed better Wordplay which I think coming from Tek towards Vigil is an outrage and then he added that he felt Misskey’s rape story being that she is a female was rather cliché…at the same time he enjoyed the cliché writing of Misskey’s over the creative and expansive writing of Vigil.
    test
  10. Clawz

Clawz House

I was just about to say no one could have given a shitty vote on the match between Runna and Blackwell, but it turns out Vigil actually shocked me by doing so…normally he’s a good voter and is concise in his breakdowns, but in this match he clearly couldn’t give a fuck and all he said to Blackwell was that it sucked…I’m sure that’s something that the guy can build off, honestly though this was truly an irrelevant battle to vote on, which is why it’s ironic that it garnered the highest vote totals.

With that said, this league is a very simple system…garbage in garbage out…if you keep giving a garbage effort you’ll find yourself in a landfill.
    test
  11. Clawz

Clawz House

Voter of the Week

by Clawz​

Okay, another really tough week to decide who was the number one voter, with congratulations going to Urizen, Tekneek, Lost Prophet, Lord Drama, Got Life? for getting their full voting points, and special mention to Stairway, who (for some reason) only missed out voting on the easiest 2 minute vote of the week (Runna vs. Blackwell) lol. We saw some solid voting from Pent uP, Tha DQ, Annihilation and Vigil, however this week it came down to 5 really outstanding cats. This was the hardest week I’ve ever experienced in choosing a winner. In fact, it was so close I came up with a voting scale analyzing every vote they made, between 1 and 3 (3 being a perfect vote). Unfortunately, due to some overachievers, I upped the scale to 4 for going above and beyond the call of duty, and 5 for Got Life’s novel vote in one of the threads. All the 2’s given were short votes from the Runna vs. Blackwell match.

Lost Prophet (3,3,3,2,3,3,4)=21
    Got Life? (5,3,3,3,3)=17
    I Dunnno (3,2,3,4)=12
    Ribo (3,2,4,4)=13
    L Dogg (3,3,3,3,4)=16

Factor in avoiding biased matches (2 points per bias):

21 - Lost Prophet
    19 - Got Life
    18 - L Dogg
    13 - Ribo
    12 - I Dunnno

As you can see, one emcee stood above the rest, voting in all seven battles, despite being unable to show for his match. His votes were comprehensive, he deliberated with intelligent arguments and contrasted the verses strengths well, and he did it across every battle this week. And while L Dogg and Got Life?, during almost any other week, would have shared the award, Lost Prophet stood out among a plethora of great voters and earns himself the title of Voter of the Week. Props as well to I Dunnno and Ribo, who made some great, extensive votes as well. Congratulations again to everyone mentioned herein, you make the league what it is.
    test
  12. Clawz

Clawz House

Final Thoughts

by Clawz​

After some idea-exchanging with Oz from the RBL, we’re now employing hidden content on some features in the mag, because 1) then we know who’s reading it 2) its nice to give the people writing article some props. I thought the feedback from last weeks mag was pretty disappointing, considering it had 13 sections and was probably one of, if not the, biggest mags of all-time in any text league, ever. And it wasn’t even a year end mag, or bi-weekly. That was a weekly issue with 6 different writers contributing. Pretty fucking sad response, and now look at this week: Vigil – gone, Tek – no article, L Dogg – nada, Riko – nope, Pent – no. Not all of those are because of the weak response, but for some of them it is, what’s the point of writing a mag if people don’t read it?

Yall can hate on Got Life?, but regardless he’s the one still putting out articles 4 months running, and voting on every match week-in, week-out. I would not bother writing this mag if he didn’t do his thing, and the only reason I bothered with a Week in Review is because he bothered putting time into the Top 20 Breakdown. It’s sad when GL is my motivation lol. So ya, this mag was pretty much the Clawz and Got Life? show, which is too bad, because you’re getting a lot less flavor on what’s going down in the league.

I seen a lot of you talking about contributing, but I haven’t received anything from you yet (AIM: claushouse69 E-Mail: claushouse@gmail.com). It’s your league, it’s only as good as your input, your verses, your votes, your participation. We’re hovering at around 25-30 members a week, and that’s been constant for about 6 months now, would be nice if we could get it up to 40 a week by May. Spread the word (but don’t spam), I got into this because my friend told me he was better than me, and I was like “fuck that, I could out write you any day of the week you piece of shit.”

I’m going to try to see if I can maybe get an exchange going with other text leagues, notably Richard Corey’s PR, because it would be dope if he came back, I think he’s probably the best writer I’ve ever seen in the RSTL, and having seen Peril Eyez, Jowelz, Rikoshay, Tali, InsaneVillain, DIC, etc., my opinion hopefully holds some weight on that issue, plus he helps run that league.
    VOTE FOR ME! VOTE FOR ME! VOTE FOR ME! VOTER FOR ME!
    Tali said he’ll return if I get close to his defense record, not that I’d ever imply you should vote for me.VOTE FOR ME! VOTE FOR ME! VOTE FOR ME! VOTE FOR ME!

I’ll take these final moments to also bring you an important announcement. To all you wackass motherfuckers who think you’ve got shit on me, you don’t. Keep coming in here talking about taking my crown, but yall don’t got what it takes. I’m the motherfuckin’ BlackJack Champion, and that’s that. I got words for Got Loans?, Lost Profit, Lola Cruisin’ all the way to the poor house. I eat pieces of shit for breakfast. But more importantly, I’ll gut you, so back the fuck off, punks.
    test
  13. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

coo mag but why are the breakdowns hidden
    and wow Im in a segment
    test
  14. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

LMAO @ GL and thnx
    test
  15. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Ok first off shout outs to all the leprachauns and "significant" olympians that landed on the shit list...you truly are a regal group of people and I don't think I'd be having so much fun in the league if it wasn't for all of you...

Second off...Clause you forgot to add the no homo after your love letter to Jersey, and thanks for letting me read the one sided bickering between you guys...it truly changed my life and now I still think Jersey no shows a lot, whines a lot, has a huge ego, and gets hated on...wait scracth that...he doesn't have much of an ego because real men don't shed tears...especially not when arguing with Canadians...I don't think anyone really finds him important enough to hate him...and umm yea...the rest is still true...so he's a whiner that no-shows a lot...who else does that remind you of?...

Beyond that i'm real glad we're taking a page out of the RBL's book...because that's just such a great league filled with wonderful aim inspired voters...I can't wait till the RSTL becomes equally as decrepit (sp?)...

But on a real note...garbage in...garbage out...

Shout outs to my favorite Orphan btw...I know you're out there Blackwell even if everyone you know disowned you after that pitiful performance...
    test
  16. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

their hidden so people have to post in order to see them. Good idea btw.

Excellent work Got Life and Claws, I'm sorry I couldn't do my part this week. And Clawz good shit on keeping that 'top 5 segments' thing going, it's a great idea.

Again, big props to both of you..
    test
  17. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

dasmn, good mag...
    test
  18. .Lola Cruez. II

.Lola Cruez. II Speaking from my soul.

Alright, I read the mag. Lol @ My name...Check it, I didn't have time to vote, I was too busy, But I'll make sure I'll vote this week. That's A Promise...
    test
  19. Ribonuclease

Ribonuclease New Member

Damn this mag was extensive, very good work by all, Clawz you crack me up man. Its awesome to see how much time you guys put into these, I have a hard time finding the time to vote on four battles, although there were some this week that I found much enjoyment in reading. And I'm in two battle leagues per week as well as this, so i gotta read a fuckin lot of stuff over the weekend. Thanks for the encouragement, and I wanna see a Richard Corey topical, dude is a dope writer and I went up against him in a pic battle tournament, and he was like "who the fuck is this guy" and I shut him out. Thanks for letting me mention that, and again great mag keep up the good work modz.
    test
  20. Clawz

Clawz House

^^
    word, appreciate the props man.

hopefully we don't face off in the RBL, i'd rather not get my ass handed to me haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.