[MAG]Week 4 RSTL Mag

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

The RSTL MAG....

Week 4 Edition...

Welcome ALL to this weeks edition of the RSTL Mag... This weeks edition is gonna be divided in two parts.... Coup d' etat Has got all the breakdowns for you from last weeks action, and then, the I Vizzle will tell you the ins and outs of our top 10 matchups....

The Big Storyline this week? And then there was 1.... This season we are gonna get our first champ of the season which will be decided by Kuja and Patrown.... Things are beginning to heat up as now feelings are getting hurt in the voting process, especially when it comes to omega man, which probably spurned alot of people including myself from voting on his match.... It didnt help that Omega man and his dance partner for the week, Nom, didnt vote on any matches, and it showed in their vote total... If you want votes... You gotta vote and dont complain when a particular vote doesnt go your waay... cuz trust me, i was going crazy when it came to my battle with no good....

If you noticed i barely touched the title match that is happening this week, cuz i plan to get to that later..., and id like to make a statement now... this is YOUR Magazine.... If you want something else added to it, its up to YOU to hit me up with the idea and possibly DO the idea, and then what you want will be in the mag... I had planned to do an interview but that plan fell by the waaayside, but maybe next week im hoping to get an interview with this seasons first standalone champion... As far as power ranks go, and verse of the week, i feel that if i wasnt in the league it would be easier to do, but since i am, im gonna keep those thoughts to myself at the moment... No need to gas you guys up that are good, you guys know who you are, and everyone will get at least one mention in the mag every week, which i think is important.

Also, we got two new sign ins this week! Nu Maan, a week one no show ho is gonnna come in and prove he can show like the ex champ he is... hopefully he doesnt get his pannies in a bunch, cuz Perstilence is an old school vet, who people are anticipating great verses from...

Okay, Enough from me... Lemme Pass it to Coup For our week in review....
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Week 3 Recaps

eek three saw many interesting battles. I've noticed that most competitors came at their opponent with some kind of contrast that really juxtaposed both opponents style. This was a great week with great turn out and a great pool of talent. I'v never seen the leaguge so big. I'm stepping out a few weeks and will be back. I hope all of you still remain. Who will be on top ?

In this week in review I will be pointing out what I thought to be the worst line each head wrote in their verses. They will be arbitrarily picked baised on my personal disliking ; ) PM me for the reason I choose them. They were not random.

J. Keeper vs Kuja

Ku wins by deduction.

J. keep came with a very slick and crafty written, that could be an entrancing spoken word piece if performed at a venue. Imagine it, a 1920s stage set, smoke, slow ceiling fan and a great delivery...it would work. He wrote about feeling. A vendetta about a boy who drew the line in the stand and stuck his chin up and said that's it. He captured his topic of protecting the family against the unwholesomeness of a dead beat; and filled in all the cracks with a engaging detail that gave a reason to the rhyme. And a mind to the time it took to read :) The opening of his verse was probably the highlight, and his close. A very memorable way to start a verse. It reminded me of Pac in a good way. I encourage everyone to peep it out again and study the pause and how that can influence a reader.

Kuja came quite the opposite. He left out his heavy hand and instead wired his verse in a light frame of chicken wire-- and dumped in a cement foundation of clear exposition. Though not as deep as J. keep, kuja made excellent use of light writing, but packing it heavy --coiled up. A tale of Tommy and his friend Jack, Daniels that is. It reminds me of the song " I Drink Alone". What he did well here was he gave Toms drinking habit (with the jack Daniels bottle) human qualities that really created some sort of believable relationship with Tommy and thus allowed the reader to identify and care. Great little tale. What he lacked in deep recurring thoughts, he made up for in connecting a brilliant concept well. He won my vote :)

The worst line for Keeps:

My father figure, you could call him that,
    He ain't much bigger than a laundrymat,

Kuja:
    Filled with joyful glee, full of anticipation
    He & his family always loved the summer vacation

Patrown vs ShadoWarriorfs

pat wins

OK, this was a contrast battle for sure. I think shad took a calculated risk this week by going in a new direction with a monsoon of a poetic piece. Maybe he underestimated Pat ? Who knows. For what it was, Shad described one instance, perhaps in one moment of thought, a characterization of the age old struggle against God, vs. the world in personal agony; for which is true ? Well done in that. That's clever. It was visual and full of character emotion. That's what drove this piece but in the end it was not enough to capture patrown's fast, up beat, in your face written. Against myself this style would be better suited...

Pat took us in a first person adventure in the havoc and hard reality in war. Ever want to know what it is like ? Read his rendition. While not new (war never is), pat really gave some brilliant lines to capture what he wanted us to know and see. I think he did well at that and each bar was important. Good job, and he's in the Champ match. I have peeped an early draft of his verse and I all I can say to Kuja is to come prepared. Good job pat last week, and I see you are growning more confident (patrowing more confident ?).

The worst of Shadow:
    With eyes like these, I see the full spectrum of light
    Swallowing its rays hoping my rectum stays tight

for Pat:
    Soon twilight begins, bringing blackness lasting for weeks.
    My face masking deceit,placed with chains in a seat,

Cereal_Killer vs DeadKing

Dead wins

This was a battle of a few different things. On one hand you have CK building an epic, expansive world with a complete flavor that he invented, hinting toward mad creativity. While, on the other you have DeadKing working his verse like a skilled surgeon, cutting you in with the pen. In his details, King took a really scary topic about humans messing with the Creation of the MOST HIGH GOD and developing it into our worst nightmare: It can think for itself and it's not one of us. Though reminiscent of Frankenstein and a flavor of Terminator II, Dead really captured an uncomfortable mood with amazing lines. This was my favorite verse this week besides Kujas.

CK, brought a complex chemical flow that really bled throughout his verse and it carried with it a saga that probably needs to be written as a screen play as well. He did what Dead did not, expanding on an linear story, telling it in a way that offered a great contrast to his coiled cut of writing. Fantastic battle. The flow of CK is always that x factor for everybody up against to think about. It commands respect.

DeadKing's worst:
    and witnessed by my cohorts who couldn't hear my voice
    who watched me through the void of a glass that was poised,

Ck's
    Now we stand before those political pressures sent so precious
    As I a lowly alchemist have turned pistons into treasures

]
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Galatea vs Pent uP

Pent uP wins.

G's verse was a gem, but so was pents. Galatea came probably the most elegant and refreshing, though death was at hand. In her verse she explores important questions and concerns that everybody relates to and how we bring our answers to them into the after life. On the depressive side, G really captured what it would be like to have to stand at the grave and confront what must be done, what will be done. TO everybody. Fantastic read. IT was truly authentic in true showmanship fashion.

Pent came in a very calculated and in a very cunning manner. From the get his verse was about the task at hand. And it was a written built upon 3 great concepts that all tie together...his story pushed it all down one net and this was fitting because in sports it's often the most athletic or most 'gifted' who dominate it. With the evolution themes and mantras of Karl Pagan he really did justice to the teachings of it and developed hard core. The tie-ins were brilliant and the mechanism in sport was clever, but safe. I recommend a revisit.

This was a runner up to battle of the week. It lost because the voting was so one sided, which is a wonder to me.

worst bar from G
    Eventually we will all die irrelevant to how we perceive life,
    that's why I strive to live the only gift really given as if it's my last night.

Pents:
    Thrusting between her gushing curtains and kitten -
    it got where you couldnt discern between the squirms and the shivers.

InsaneVillian vs sHoW uP

Battle of the Week.

As a kid, do you remember playing with those little snapper pops that you threw on the ground that pop once they hit ? Those little white paper cracking bombs ? This battle reminded me of that. Each head came very swift and before you knew it, show was over. And blood was drawn. The concussion was absorbed be each others verse, and it was a tough one to vote on. This is not a slam however, I think each verse was light, and mighty in speed and really left you wanting more. The voting was nerving. Every time I checked the status the lead had been changed. It truly went down to the last vote.

NG came with a reminiscent of a girls attachment to a father lost at war. To deepen the scopes, he gave us the thoughts and set the scene where the father lost his life....great, fast tale. And it circled back to the start...good seed planted.

IV came with a cunning little piece that though short, really had a lot of themes working for it: Islamic terror, revenge, brotherly love, allegiance to what you believe in and even 9/11 Twin Towers falling down. How he packed so much in so little is to be complimented. Praise Allah ? No, compliment the speed and control of the writing.

NG's worest line:
    Still and breathless... chasing after light
    He finally arrives, to embrace the afterlife.

for IV:
    ill leave my live in whore, bitch is far from being a wife...
    and ill join the military to avenge my brothers life...

Coup vs Lpree

pree wins

Ok, pree came with a rant. But what made it good and palatable to the readers was it was a controlled and calculated venting....some good insights and some great points made. He did not come sloppy and redundant and did not stick to one point but really shot for the moon. I think he's still up there somewhere. Come down Pree it's OK. Bring me back some cheese. I think the flow and the clarity of his voice was strong. Some interesting play on some of RSTL competitors names, which softened the heavy handed schooling.

My verse confused a lot of readers. This fine. I also had no idea what my verse meant. Still don't. I was just writing whatever.

Worst line for me:
    He held true now, she felt his fingers on her lips
    She said nothing, until she seen his eyes twitch

Lpree:
    I honestly could not justify picking one.

TaC vs Defcon

Defcon wins

Alright, this was a straight up nice battle of two smooth flowing, no BS type of writers. I like that. I was actually two things about tac's verse. First, I was very surprised he did not get more than two votes. Dude came straight up to the point, raw, effective and captured the pic probably better than anyone this week. What connection at the end. I really enjoyed the honesty, the way it was captured, in quick fits of lines, the brutal expressions that gave the impression the character was about to tear through the pages and blow up on somebody. I've been there. Great verse tac. you keep it up dude. You said it all above the average.

Def had similar verse only that it was the inverse of tacs. He internalized his thoughts and to be honest this written would probably be a good study for any student of psychology to take on ... though I think they are all witch doctors. Anyhow, def's written was a characterization that you could really sense life in and you could hear it and feel for the problems exposed about him. His thoughts were the antagonist of antagonists. You can't beat that. Well done and it did leave questions in my head about what is down the road.

Great battle.

tac's worst:
    You call my phone in the middle of the night
    After a shithole of a fight

Defcon's:
    the angel and the demon with no proverbial meaning
    always going through the same changes like the earth n it's seasons

or

rugged demeanor still looks like he never rushes a clean up
    convictions made of stone so he has no love for a dreamer

the omega man vs nom

tom wins

This was a very interesting battle and I think that was because of noms presence and how that bounced of the energy of toms written. For nom, I think the poem was under appreciated by most voters. When I had read it I was really experiencing the strong poetic devices that moved in and out, stitching and cutting a story out of so few lines, words. If you were to reread it, you'd notice casual observations were made in the hospital room all the way to under the lights on the hospital bed, then on to the after life-- in such great, stark detail that put some mad texture and mood to this verse. Great. Mighty. There was color and craftsmanship and it went unnoticed by the RSTL writers who only know how to right 1992 flows. jk. Great show nom, see ya back soon ?

Tom came in a fashion that demanded attention to details and he expanded on a contrasts of contrasts. First, he switches the POV and at the same time you notice an attitude switch at the same time; contrasting the view that came before it. Clever, I think this was effective not because it was very clear, but the pace and grit of the piece delivered a freaky fast shell-shock. Only because each line was a relentless plow to get to the end as fast as possible. Great job.

Oh, for those who don't know: Check out some of toms vocal work. Dude is truly gifted and be sure to check outwww.textualcaprice.com as well. Be a part of the growing site where lyricism and poetry bridge on a whim. Or Poe will haunt you this bleak December...

nom's worst bar:
    That?s pencilled like a shopping list
    Milk and sugar not a wish

toms
    although heart warming, I had to finish the story
    besides the kissing and hugging was gettin annoying[/B
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Wooooooooo.... Some fire was definantly released last week from our RSTL Textcees... But this week, there will be an EXPLOSION!

The RSTL COUNTDOWN!!!!!

For you newbies who dont know what the rstl countdown is.... This is a spectacle that will showcase this weeks top 10 competitors in the Rstl... If we get to.... wait.... WHEN we get back to 50 members, i will do a top 20 like in the Past... but right now its a top 10, as only the top 10 RSTLers deserve this much cockriding in one magazine... :) Lets get this show on the roooooad!

9. TekneeK 1-1 vs. 10. Defcon 5 1-0

Its always nice to start off a countdown with an old school rivalry match.... Tekneek is a legend of sorts....He Created the RSTL soooo without him, none of us would even be here in this forum spitting today.... A few years ago, Tekneek planned to retire from the RSTL for good, and just quit writing all together.... but then he had a change of heart and decided to stay... He came back to a loss.... to Defcon 5... Now is his moment to shake off all the doubters and prove that he is back, and most importantly that his skills are eternal... whats scary is... hes had a couple of weeks to get back in the groove and that this is an oppurtunity to be one win away from a number one contendership shot... But Deffy beat him last time..... will history repeat itself?

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-audio-league/968607-red-division-defcon-5-vs-tekneek.html

However Defcon has come into this with a ball of confidence... Hes ... unbeaten... taking out The mod Tac last week in a barnburner... he claims he has never been beat in an rstl match, and he claims he never will... He thinks hes gonna salk all over the rtstl and use us as his stepping stone... well at least when it comes to me...he did say... "i can beat that dude iv easy!!!" but of course i have bigger fish to fry at the moment... cuz i know deffy usually gets bored easily... and he has never, eva eva eva stayed in the rstl for a solid month... sooo we shall see if he gets there...

Tekneek vs. Defcon is an all out legends match with all the drama of prizefight... Tek has vowed not to lose this week sooo all the chips are on the table... lets hope they bring their a game..

7. the omega man 2-1 vs. 8. breathlesss 1-2

the omega manis a newbie hero of sorts... i never seen him in the past but it seems he has earned alot of writers respect in these parts. and last week pulled out a victory over last seasons champ, wrecking his psyche sooo badly that he had to sign out for a week... in week one he scared a vet like nasty into no showing... his only slip up was a loss to the mod shadow... but now he is one win away from being in the contender match.... you'd figure smashing last years champ would be enough right? I feel that he needs to focus on shortening some of his lines to be a true competitor, but if he does he can be a force to be reckoned with...i just wish the muthafucka would vote.... lol i know he is usually a thorugh voter, but if you dont vote for a week, i deserve the right to talk shit.... i will do this to anyone, even your opponent...

Breathless... another talented emcee who has lost a ton of points this year by not voting... vote! ... with that being said, i think breathless has some skills, mainly the best thing i like about him is his concepts soo far... i liked the ideas he had for stories, but now he needs to piece them together properly... i think he has the ability, if he woulda voted he woulda only lost to me by one... soooooo, he does have the capability... but if he dioesnt start voting he will remain an after thought unless he can blow out all of his opponents by 5 votes... lol... and with the comp in this league, that would be a really tall order...

omega man vs breathless... who will vote? who will shorten their lines a tad for the pleasure of the rstl crowd? andf most importantly, who will prove they deserve to be called a CONTENDER...

5. Pent uP 2-0 vs. 6. Deadking 2-0

Pent has already become known as one of the harshest voters this season, because of his honesty... and he is one if the best the rstl has seen in its existence on rapmusic.com. He is a former mod... former multiple champion,... he pretty much done it and seen it all... some people claim that he did it in a period when the rstl wasnt in its golden years, but thats comparing apples to oranges... to be successful at anytime in this league is an accomplishment of its own right... I had a battle with him years ago, and he sent me packing from the rstl and rm fir a year.... soooo even if i didnt know it then, i definantly KNOW it NOW... pent is one talented magician when he writes...

http://board.rapmusic.com/rstl-grud...iv-vs-pent-up-loser-leaves-rstl-4-1-year.html

however pent hasnt had it easy, having to take out tekneek and galatea in two weeks... and this week he faces the man with all the scary names in his sig...

deadking... which for some reason i dont remember him by this name that much, but he writes like a true veteran... i dont see many mistakes in his prose, and his concepts sooo far have been clever.... he went up fearlessly last week against a former rstl champ, and laid him to the turf to remain undefeated... and it doesnt get easier for him here, as he has become the true legend killer, knocking off legends left and right... and the muthafucka wont even apologize for that shit.... god damn, muthafucka ia ruthless with precision...

which is what makes this matchup sooo intriguing... i almodst think this could easily be a title match if these two didnt have to face eachother sooo soon.... but it isnt, and now one of these two have to show their cards to get to that contendership spot, cuz the loser will be pushed to the back of the line, and it would be like starting all over again...

test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

#1 Contendership Match!!!!!

3. Insanevillian 2-1 vs. 4. Lyricalpriest 2-1

Insanevillian is no a mission... He hasnt had a title reign for awhile now and hes hungry as all hell... However hes been a bit rusty... kinda breaking out of it last week with a hard fought battle over no good in the battle of the week.... But can he be consistant? It was one if ther things that carried him in the past, but have we really seen IV at his triue potential... IV nows he has alot of thinghs he still needs to work on to get back into 2003 form, and even though he is confident in winning, he hasnt quite proved it to the masses as of yet.... I believe for IV to really prove himself, he needs to get back to that championship match.... without a title shot right now, IV will be pushed back and be an afterthought when it comes to title contention... at least for a month... from what im hearing from the voters, some wnt more emotion... less forced lines... and they want him to put his characters through obstacles... IV believes he can do all that and more... however

Lyrical priest has been on his own path to greatness... last years worst voter of the year has been voting these days, and pushing his way up casually up the ladder... his only loss, is against someone competing for the championship, Kuja, and wouldnt it be great for him to face Kuja next week in a rematch, but this time for the championship! he shocked everyone last week with a thorough beating of coup, who most picked him to lose against in the rstl predictions... hes not a favorite this week, but hes defied the odds before right?

Not to mention both of these emcees live close to eachother in the 360 253 area, soo it is a battle of whos the best storyteller in the area? which adds more intrigue to thids battle of two vets of rm... Can IV continue is comeback tour? Or will LP continue to defy the odds?

RSTL Championship!!!!

2. Kuja 3-0 vs. 2. Patrown 3-0

Patrown considers himself like the lucky leprechaun of the league... after a no show win against scrolls, he went against the season 2 champ... and even though he lost in votes, (in a week he got bitten by a spider) he won cuz nom didnt vote... and then that spider venom starting going to his brain, and he came out and just wiped shadow off the map last week in a single sided affair to earn his way into a title match... shocking the world... i almost think he shocked himself, but i guess thats what happens when someone is bit by spider venom... Now he stands ahead of everyone and become the first champ of season 3... a noobn.. a guy who just broke into the scene and through hard work and determination, has made it to the top of the mountain.... If hes not Peter Parker He is definantly the RSTL's version of Rocky, ashis attitude and his approach have made him somewhat of a people champion... Patrown defying the odds, but now he faces his toughest challenge yet...

Kuja, an old school vet hiding behind an alias, but this alias has taken people out left and right on his waaay to the top of the mountain... and hes beaten nothing but big names... week 1, He made J O O K stay in his office fior the week and not come out to play.... Did he send him a pack of doughnuts? In week 2, he devastated the before mentioned lyrical priest... but last week he pulled off his biggest upset... knocking pain out of the running... The early favorite to be the first champ of the league in many's eyes... His straight forward storytelling style has been working and hes been clubbing emcces to death with it...

so now we got....

TWO UNDERDOGS...

Fighting For One Bone...

Theres Only One Shot.......

To Be The FIRST CHAMPION....

WHO WANTS IT MORE?

BE THERE!!!
    test
  6. patrown

patrown student for life

nice breakdowns! like this format..
    test
  7. nom is not dull

nom is not dull swings! misses.

i liked this. i'll be back soon. just realised i wasn't voting and it made me feel like a cunt.
    test
  8. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

yea for real man, this is like an official magazine, good job shadow, and coup too, no matter how much i don't like you, i sure like to read what you write, got a really captivating lilt to it
    test
  9. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

guys this mag is ffuckken dope..

i've just skimmed but will read every line..

thanx to all envolved..
    test
  10. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Great mag, loved it, altho i acually won 4-3 before deductions so i didnt win by deductions lol just thought id throw that out there, nice mag tho =-)
    test
  11. DeadKing

DeadKing The Perfect Method

great work gentlemen, obviously a lot of time spent on this.

respect.

as for stuff to add? obviously an interview, whoever or whomever you do it, you have to ask them to rank the other contestants, this will engage the readers to read it if they know they will be mentioned. although i read this entire mag, some people only read where their name is mentioned, narcissism at its finest.
    test
  12. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

sorry kuja...no dis intended
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

the interview was my bad. i was supposed to do one with shadow, but got stuck working until 130 am saturday, then was sick as fuck sunday/monday.
    test
  14. DeadKing

also, i never apoligized to CK, what i did was much better

see, we both respect each other as writers and the fact our match was so close- with at the caliber that we write, it shows each other we have the ultimate form of respect.

had either one of us swept the other, it would of truly been upsetting. <--that is something you see when a Legend faces a nobody and the nobody destroys him (cause its an alias), and the Legend has no frame of reference on how hard they should come. I have no alias's in this league, and i have lost a few matches-albeit very few :p - but i want my opponent to know that when they see my name next to theirs, they should feel a bit nervous, a bit anxious, cause if they don't come at me with their best effort... they will lose. that sounds egotistical in a way...

but...

its a 2 way street, and the exact way i feel right now regarding Pent Up. I'm nervous and anxious, I know his caliber, and he's a great writer. The man in his signature was a friend of mine and the main reason i got back into the RSTL years ago, the fact he spoke highly of him-even back then... its not reassuring.
    test
  15. DeadKing

also...

is Kujo aka, vern, talent?

why do i feel like the only one who doesnt know...

and also, who's alias was Brains? from way back
    test
  16. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Also just like to add, im not hiding behind this alias, just feel im not the same writer as i was back from 2001 - 2004, i lost my will to write for a while, mainly because of shit that was going on back then, but saying that im happy with my writing style at the moment, just getting my tale across without complicated things, maybe when this style comes to a halt ill go back and visit my old style. just have to wait and see lol
    test
  17. DeadKing

LMAO@me not noticing your location until now.

I think I know exactly who you are. Atleast in my mynd i do.
    test
  18. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

spider venom to the brain...that's great
    :funny:
    test
  19. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

lol im not saying your wrong but im not saying your right, it doesnt matter who i was i am Kuja now =-) for the record your name next to mine in an rstl match, i would shit myself hehe
    test
  20. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

the intro and the rstl countdown will continue to be done by me next week... i hope i got everyone in it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.