[MAG] Week 16 RSTL Magazine

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

[​IMG]

Intro

All right y'all, ladies and gents, brothas and sistas, homies and dude bros, crips and bloods, tomatos or tomottos, kats and dog, bishops and popes let's get this week kicked off. This is not the last week of the season like originally planned, we are now going to push the week out and cap at week 20. This leaves us with plenty of time to both iron out any wrinkles in our writings and to also recuirt heads for the season ending tourney. Moving on,

Billy cupcakes. is poking his English head around the lounge and is sniffing out and smelling indeed what his mates Shadow and T.a.C be cooking: METH. Nah, a tourney!!!! Nom is last years winner. He beat out the primia donna Got Life ? and for that Nom is and will remain my hero. Who else is stepping out, bracing for the agony of written warfare, leaving their families, quiting their jobs and giving all they got for a 50-75 dollars and a T-shirt. ? Count. Me. Inn. Somebody get Got Life ? back here, that would bring a lot of interest and add some drama mama baby ....just do it.

Pent uP, Pain, Vern, LP, Ace the Propeht, Noble, Galatea, nO ShOw!, all need to be contacted. PM them all everyone at once and whom ever I did not mention.

What else ? Dead @ last weeks voting. Kuja, Pat, Breath put your teeth on the curb...I'm putting my steel toes through your necks. lol Please vote you red headed step bastards. We can't have a league if you don't vote. Anyways, it's all good.

We are not doing a interview this week. Next week we will pick it up with Shadow. No best/worst this week either. Moving on,

Enjoy the mag and good luck and get the word out and pick a verse out. The inks did the predictions again this week. Thanks ink!!!!!
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Week 15 Battle Recaps

Coup vs Shadow vs Pat

Coup & Shadow tie
    The was a messed up champ match in every way. Only one person voted on it, giving Coup the win at 1-0. But Coup forgets to post his vote link thus nullifying the only vote deciding a clear cut winner, per league rules. The disaster of a match, now being a tie at zero, gives shadow also a win. Pat drops a day late and is disqualified. This sets Shadow and Coup against inks in another champ battle. This will be good. Moving on,
    Shadow wrote about a horse climbing up a watefall....I'm not kidding.
    I wrote about losing kids I don't even have and crying about it...Emo wha ?
    Pat wrote about black holes or something...Einstein who ?
    Patrown had the best rhymes and mechanics this week. But his verse was late and too methodical for being so short and confounding a simple message a short verse demands..or whatever. Shad's verse was funny in it's delivery and was actually pretty dope. I don't know what he was smoking to write about a horse climbing waterfalls and then playing with the birds on the top, but it was pretty cool. Coup wrote about funny stuff that was not even funny...OMG!!!! symbolism!!!
    Kuja vs Breath vs inks

Ink wins
    This battle was pretty complete, though only with two votes. Each head showed up and with verses that all could compete. It was inks again taking the W and going on to face Shad and Coup in the C. Batt. So what did these heads write about ?
    Ink wrote about a puppet with red strings or something....and a fetish for long noses with red string.
    Kuja wrote about a drunk playing slot machines....and a lesson learned
    Breath wrote about a horse too, but his was a talking horse...and whatever.
    So, we have inks coming with a solid verse that was enough to gain all votes (2). He utilized his pic concept well enough and even brought in more themes outside of what his pic represented. It was an entanglement of bad romance. Great job ink. Kuja comes with a signature verse: clear, simple, not too underdone or overdone. It was safe but very complete. He wrote about an apex of a mans life and how he particularly defeats or gets defeated by his demons. The reader was left to decide which was a great way to end. Set against the back drop of sin city and a mans lust of strong drink, kuja delivers an ending that was not predictable. That saved his verse and in its end we learn a few things about the character and why he was in this rock bottom situation. I blame the booze and stupid choices...others might think otherwise. IDK.
    Breath's verse almost felt like it came in the middle of a conversation and all we could piece together was what was already there. It was a good enough narrative considering where he started the readers off at, but it was too isolated in one situation that really need a percept or some back drop...rhymes, pacing and delivery were good as normal from breath. Keep working it out dawg pound.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Week 16 Battle Predictions

CHAMP MATCH:

This is one powerhouse match up here. Thanks to Coup's failure to post a votelink, Shadow, Coup, and Ink are all fighting for the crown. To add a little spice, Coup has issued a challenge in the form of a 26 line requirement. As if that wasn't enough, Ink will be picking the topic for ALL the competitors to write on. AND THAT'S NOT ALL! There are only 4 weeks left in the regular RSTL season. Three champs fighting to control the wrap up of a season with as many crowns possible, battling eachother with the same topic.. Truly a must see. So lets break it down!

Coup: Coup would have won last week battle, if it weren't for the votelink mishap. With the 26 line limit, there are no surprises as to his approach in terms of length. This is a brave move on his part, as he has been playing around with the 16 line format for a bit and, as last week showed, it took a little adjustment to pull out longer verses. Ink and Shadow on the other hand, have always done longer pieces right around this 26 line mark. As is often the case, we saw his verse last week come off as a bit watered down. Imagine his shorter pieces like a soup. By adding more lines, it was as if he was pouring more water into that soup and diluting it. However, that's not to say it wasn't good. He still pulled off a verse capable of beating many people in the league and now that he's had a week to try it out, expect him to come that much harder this week. Afterall, he's kept the crown for two weeks, I doubt he wants to lose it to Shadow or ink...OR ANYBODY!!! (hahah ink)

Shadow: Shadow had a time constraint last week, but still managed to whip up something quite good. It lacked the usual amount of refinement one would expect from him, but he did craft a great story, though a little simple. This week, however, he has the time and certainly the means to win the crown back. Shadow is to the RSTL what Tim Duncan is to the NBA. Or... I don't know any other good references, think of things that are reliable. He is consistent and surgical in his execution. However, if he wants a shot at winning this week he's going to have to break out with a little something extra. Ink is someone who has won some battles in the past solely on the strength of his concepts. Coup has shown to be very creative with his approach as well. If Shadow was to pull away with the win, he's going to need that flawless execution he always has, but also come with the unexpected. He got a lucky break to be in the champ match this week, and he's not going to take it for granted.

Ink: Ink chose the topic, so it's fair to assume he didn't pick one that would screw himself over. That alone may give him an advantage if the other competitors don't know what to do with it. Last week, Ink pulled a win over another former champ, Kuja. Perhaps this will give him added momentum coming into this Champ match. Inks challenge will be differentiating between what he finds to be interesting to read versus what other people find interesting.

These three currently hold the best records in the league, so it is fitting they clash here to gain position heading in to the up coming tourney and finishing out the last 4 weeks of the season. All are highly skilled and are comfortable in their individual brands of writing. Expect an epic match up. What will determine the winner here is not the writing in particular, but how the voters subjectively process each one.

With three voters, the winner needs only two votes to claim the crown. As I suspect the quality of writing brought to the table will be quite similar, it will be hard to guage how the voters will vote, however I will try.

Prediction: Shadow wins 2-1, with Coup getting 1 vote.

CONTENDER MATCH:

Former champ Kuja against rookie Patrown and Breathless. This match is not as evenly matched as the Champ match, but don't expect the outcome to be so cut and dry.

Kuja: The storyteller suffered a loss last week to Ink, but is awarded this week by a matchup that looks to be in his favor. On paper, that is. Kuja tells great stories, but to achieve this, he sacrifices a lot in terms of rhyming and other mechanics. Expect him to produce another piece that works very well together as a whole and pulls you through a storyline like a naked baby that's been buttered, gliding across an ice rink. Don't expect any crazy lines that will boggle your mind.

Patrown: Rookie of the year fizzled out in a disappointing fashion last week with a no show verse. He had his chance to seize the crown and let it slip through his fingertips. Expect him to use that disappointment and defeat to fuel a redemption verse this week. With Kuja in the mix, a win this week is still huge for him, even if it's not for the crown. Do not expect another no show verse.

Breathless: Breathless was buried last week in the contender match under Kuja's and Ink's pieces. He isn't a quitter though, and he has the tools to scrap away with a win here if the other two aren't careful. He has now lost more matches than he has won. Expect him to come out swinging in an attempt to get even again as the season closes out. Don't expect him to post his piece without first explaining the circumstances that he posted his piece in.

Kuja comes out confident, gliding along the ring with his smooth storyline and jabbing away with precision. Breathless storms in, arms swinging like a madman with his unpredictable style, and does whatever he can to get his punches in. Patrown comes in a bit unassuming, head dangling at the memories of last week, but shrugs it off and puts his hands up for the bout. It doesn't take long for Breathless to expend all his energy and collapse for the count. Now it's only Kuja and Patrown in contention. Kuja moves like a butterfly and gets in his jabs with expert timing, however they are a bit weak because his gloves are not reinforced with anything but storytelling. Patrown manages to withstand the blows and finally swings for the haymaker. His glove is weighted by the tears he undoubtedly shed in his prior defeat and KO's Kuja.

Outcome: Patrown wins 2-1 with Kuja having one vote.
    test
  4. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Nice predictions, I will be posting as soon as I get home, I've been writing in my head all day at work, we'll see about the circumstances leading up to my post tho
    test
  5. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

you hookers rang?
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

T.a.C. was lookin' for ya...

tournament starts in after week 20....$75 bucks this year
    test
  7. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member