[MAG] The Tribune Vol.3 : DF Issue 3

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jul 30, 2008.

?

“Are you happy that Quriosity (Eye-Rime) is back?”

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

The Tribune: Volume 3, Divisional Format Issue 3​

Table of Contents

I. Introduction
    II. Weekly Poll
    III. GL’s Breakdowns
    IV. TR’s Loose Cypher
    V. Divisional Ranks & Matches
    VI. Q’s Predictions
    VII. A Painful Meeting
    VIII. Tek’s Ramblings
    IX. Infinite Truth’s Profile
    X. …Of the Week
    XI. Conclusion

I. Introduction

Well, it certainly felt good to be home (that is, until I learned that I would have to write a magazine recapping a week in which I was not even involved). Nevertheless, for the majority of you faggots (TheReturn, Alias2, GL?, Infinite Truth, .:pain:., etc...) I can honestly say that I have genuinely missed your company. The RBL is hardly as entertaining as the lounge threads and slick remarks here in this forum. Those faggots make you all look like metrosexuals, or just down-low even (lol).

Anyway, I am proud of what my two sons have nurtured over the past few weeks. Lucifa and TheReturn (from what I can tell) have done a tremendous job in not only implementing a new system, but also raising and sustaining the activity and enjoyment level of this league. I see newcomers eager for points and criticism. Of course, we will have the same old competitors who prove to be lackadaisical in efforts (Vern Acular!), but it is more than refreshingly satisfying to see new faces and even in some instances old faces that have recently resurfaced willfully participating and making this forum a success. Clearly, I have been absent for most of the revival (as expected) and have missed numerous great stories (that I intend to review some day or another), but from the looks, not only do we have enthusiastic fresh participants, but actually talented ones as well. For this, I personally thank you both, Lucifa and TheReturn, for your efforts and dedication.

Although I am what most would consider the "head" moderator in both this league and the RBL, I am completely clueless as to how exactly the new point system is structured. So please bear with me as I familiarize myself with these changes. As of now, I honestly feel like fresh meat and shall be treated as such. In my eyes (and probably yours too), Lucifa and TheReturn are both the head moderators and shall be treated as such. Rambling? Maybe. However, I say this to avoid being swarmed with questions and what not. I will help with what I can and I plan to be around for a while now, but Lucy and TR are still the head honchos.

Without further adieu, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II. Weekly Poll

Last Week’s Poll

“Should The Weekly Loose Cypher ‘Top Verse’ Get A Bonus Point?”

Results: Tie.

My Opinion: No. The only fair way to implement such a system would be for participants to vote for the Top Verse, and that is only assuming that all participants are completely unbiased in their opinions. Since this is more illogical than fat women in bikinis are, I find it hard to side with such a rule.

I assume that those who voted yes are the same people that we could not trust to vote honestly. The same self-centered nincompoops who would vote for themselves week in and week out. This is why such a system is inevitably flawed and proves unfair to the majority of the league.

It would be nice however, and if there were a rule where one could not vote for himself then it may just work. Nevertheless, I think it deserves more in depth thought than just a simple poll (which is obvious by the tie result). Therefore, I expect this to go back to the drawing board before any changes are made.

This Week’s Poll

“Are you happy that Quriosity (Eye-Rime) is back?”
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III. GL’s Breakdowns

What a fucking week.

Props to Lucy on how smooth things are running especially for stepping up and getting the mag done so quickly even during his own birthday. That is dedication ladies, whether you realize it or not, you are not paid to be a mod and deal with all the bullshit. Speaking of bullshit, I do not know if anyone keeps up with the saga of Baron Mynd, but apparently, he is turned from Internet Icon to the biggest pederast cheater/weasel on the planet.

That aside I would also like to say lmao @ a certain hermaphrodite that currently writes the magazines of “the other league” who did not like the color scheme of the divisions. That made me giggle…moving on.

With no incentive to write to a particular picture of two sheep in a field, this week brought a lot more diversity out of the 20+ verses delivered this week.

Now I know Lucy will bitch at me, but since I have never in my entire time in the RSTL seen activity so high and so consistent I will go in on these breakdowns and really offer whoever cares to read, an actual read going from top to bottom based on the order of how the matches are closed up.

Strike2 vs. MetaSin

This battle drew a lot of attention being that both verses were far shorter than the maximum limit allows and so voters flocked yet they were left scratching their heads trying to figure out whom it is they should vote for. Coming in MetaSin was definitely the fan favorite and I think that may be the reason why he ended up pulling this match out 7-5, but here is how the pieces actually broke down. Meta wrote about a tiger being put on display as it was set for feeding. As this whole process went down a fool stoned out of his mind decided to jump into the pit, obviously meeting a rather unpleasant end. After this sequence of events, this tiger, which had been held in captivity for so long that it might be unfamiliar to the wild, is to be set free, a freedom it seems almost condemned to the way Meta puts it. For the theory behind that you are going to have to speak to Meta, personally I did not get it. Strike seems to be getting rid of some of the rust as he gets back into the grove of the RSTL. This week he produced a verse that seemed to appeal to readers on the “real level” because he wrote about love being blind. The downfall of these pieces was really the lack of development due to the shortened length of the pieces. That brings on the question, would you rather read long, fully developed pieces, or is it possible to fully develop everything in short concise pieces. Personally, I think very few writers know how to pack that short powerful punch accurately.

T.a.C. vs. -Atreyu-

So, I just resurfaced in this battle to refresh my mind about the two pieces though I remember it was a very easy clean sweep for Atreyu. Apparently, T.a.C. now has beef with me because I think he is an absolutely terrible writer. News flash, improvement or not, until you stop writing like a pre-schooler I will address you as such. For anyone that missed T.a.C.’s piece, which rather broke down in the way of a man who lost all of his friends and family while, chasing his goal of making money? Kind of like the same concept from the flick click, just not delivered because of a wind through time. The character is never properly introduced, nor is any elements of the piece, which suffered from very poor development. Then all the sudden the character finds a letter written by himself as a child about how he wants to marry a girl who turned out to be the now grown man’s wife. Then as if nothing had ever happened he calls up everyone and crams them all in a room to celebrate Christmas. Aside from the gaps, holes, and piss poor transition, the level on which this was written itself was enough for you to vote the other way. On the other hand, you have Atreyu who does not seem like he is quite back in form yet, but his ideas are crisp and nicely delivered. He wrote a piece about God transporting down to earth in human form in order to try to understand love. He courts a girl, makes love, and goes through the motions only to find his wife cheating on him 30 years down the road. In turn, God boils up with rage and the same contempt that a normal man would in this situation, except God tends to be a little bit more powerful, that little bit being that he decides to terminate the entire planets existence.

Nomsy vs. Tbone

I do not think anyone came into this one match expecting Tbone to beat nom. It is not even so much that Tbone has a goofy name, but the times that he has written, he did not really have a match, or he did not choose to alternate and just took the boring no-show win. Whichever the case Tbone actually produced one of the worst verses I’ve read from him to date which could have been alright as a verse on a mixtape or something for the open mic, but here in the RSTL where the “pop” rap doesn’t really come off as appreciated this piece really didn’t carry much weight. Nom on the other had really dominated with his linguistics and poetics, which are pretty much the two elements that save his hide as a writer, week-in/week-out. Nomsy delivered something that just about every voter labeled as poetics, to me all it means is that as usual, no one truly got everything he wrote about, they correlated with one part or another but there was never a clear cut progression for a reader. So are topicals effective then if delivered with proper linguistics and poetics? To me this piece read like many other pieces by nom recanting of love and connection, except I felt that this piece was about a dead man relating to those that kept him in their memories and how with each visit to his grave he would live on until one day forgotten and left to roam free. Maybe nom will be so kind as to enlighten us as to what he was really going for, but that is my 2 cents.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Pain vs. Guttso

Pain actually narrowly escaped with the win in this match 6-5 although that was only because both Atreyu and Strike2 got their votes dq’d. On that subject, I think Atreyu was the worst voter last week even when you consider 3-pa’s hissy fit that resembled that of Borat’s wife in the wedding crashers. On another note, I should really start writing this on the weekend because it is hard to remember after a weekend of binge drinking what I read on Thursday. Guttso’s piece was hit or miss with readers, some loved it, and some found it to be a misty dark forest? Anyway, the piece itself was about lovers going through turmoil in what seemed like an inevitable bind with death. That is what I remember of the piece and took away from it on a quick re-skim of the piece anyway. Pain on the other hand wrote about the temptation of an ex while you’re with someone else and how hard it is to stay faithful to the one your with when temptation is right there and oh so easy to find. It was a piece that just resonated more with the readers because of its relatable substance. I think most would agree that had Guttso’s piece read smoother and cut out some of the filler this match would have been even closer, nonetheless, good job gentlemen.

Inf vs. Lucy

This match was a lot closer than the 11 to 1 vote count would suggest as IT himself agrees however, I really did feel as though Lucy gave up on this one. In retrospect, it is apparent that he did not but had he written on the level that he has been known to deliver I think he could have really upset IT last week. IT wrote a ridiculous verse, ridiculous good. The linguistics, visuals, delivery, scheme, mechanics…they were all top notch. He wrote in one of the most polished forms I have seen from him to date and he killed it. What he did not do however was tell much of a story as all he really did was just start to introduce it and add a one-liner to try to stir something up at the end, but it was just a simple after thought to a good piece that lacked any progression. Lucy on the other hand wrote an angry letter to a mother of his child I guess, although I am assuming it was not personally directed at the actual mother of his child, but the piece could have easily been just the same. The emotion was definitely there and the piece progressed nicely, but there just was not enough fire behind it and the mechanics were not tight enough to dethrone princess scatterboxx from atop his point leading throne. I guess the task will yet again be left to me.

TR vs. Dolla

I will be the first to say that Dolla is continuously one of the writers in this league who just does not listen to criticism and keeps his head floating in the clouds thinking that eventually writing on the same level will force readers to give in. That has obviously not been the case, but he really stepped up this week and write a very enjoyable piece about a killed to death topic. Love…relationships…seriously ever since that poll of do you prefer love or death everyone has been on that tip and there has been a massive influx of love pieces, might be why my clown rapist story didn’t go over so well…don’t mind that though…this was probably what I’ll mark as the battle of the week. Dolla’s piece would have probably beaten most of the writers this past week however TR executed what Dolla did well and then some. The old flair that had seemingly been lost from the MVP of Season 1 returned if just for a glimpse. He wrote a piece about a girl that wanted to work in Washington, to make changes in people’s lives that ended up dancing for presidents as a stripper. The ironic connection between her desired place of employment in D.C. and the presidential faces upon the US currency giving it just that extra touch of pizzazz. I hope to see both of these clowns keep up writing at the same level to continue improving the level of competition in the league.

Proph vs. Corm

While Atreyu’s garbage voting didn’t help his cause, anyone else noticing a trend, Corm still won this match with ease…I don’t think it was so much that the matches were actually lopsided, but rather the fact that proph decided to spring some Hebrew upon everyone and threw a bunch of it into his verse. And lets face it…no one likes •••s…hell I’ll acknowledge it and I am one. I kid…but seriously, some readers don’t give an honest effort to read verses the first time around…adding elements that are going to confuse them just makes for a bigger mess as proph cluttered his piece with Hebrew phrases. Add to that the piece was drenched with religion and it really rubbed people the wrong way. Corm on the other hand wrote a story about a grandfather telling his nephew about how he use to basically fuck anything that walked culminating with this one massive fat girl whose panties he used as a parachute to escape a burning building. The verse was over the top hysterical, but the comedy aspect to it was refreshing and a nice touch. At the end of the day the moral of the story was always look out for yourself and I think Corm looked out for himself pretty well this past week moving past prophetional smoothly. I will definitely have to keep an eye out on both writers to see what they end up bringing to the table.

Got Life? vs. BonnieB

Wow. I dun’ fucked up lol. As for TR’s claim, no, this had nothing to do with the dark night; I actually have not seen that yet. Anyways, I wrote a verse, which I thought, would come over as a comedy verse about a clown going around and raping little girls. In retrospect, apparently the idea is not quite as comical to everyone else. My friends found it rather amusing, so blah, fuck it. Bonnie on the other hand actually wrote a serious verse that I rather enjoyed. It started with a car accident where I believe the father killed a woman and her child because the child was going to be retarded or something or other. I unno…sorry for the shittier breakdown Bon…you know what you wrote my brain is fried, I’ve been going back and forth between this and actual work for most of the day. However, do not be fooled, this was a close one; I even got two shiny votes to prove it.

Saga vs. Jimmy Eles

DK vs. Vern

Atheist vs. Sound vs. RICO

3-PA vs. KDP
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV. Loose Cypher

[​IMG]

A great week for all involved. Full of little twists and matches being tight as fuck. Some highlights from the week include: T.a.C caught a victory, Got Life? lost top spot, another 10 voting links were available, things ran pretty smoothly all week and it was all very competitive.
    Some lowlights include : T.a.C (and 1 or 2 others) still not voting properly, the amount of people jumping on the sheep pic, the amount of people that didn’t go with the sheep pic; using “The Masks We Wear” topic, tbone not alternating, people not voting at all and the fact we still have people in the minus points zone.

Now on to my Top 5 of the week:

For DF:WK3

Top Match: http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusics...k3-daalmightydolla-vs-thereturn-vote-now.html
    This was a really enjoyable read and both competitors showed they are real contenders for Champ gauges at some time in the near future. TheReturn went on to win this match 14-1 but that does not reflect the quality and competitiveness of DaAlmightyDolla's verse. Really worth the read if you haven't already.

Top Verse: TheReturn : Link
    I do hope to select a verse that isn't from the Top Match as a rule of thumb myself, but I really liked TheReturn's story of a stripper this week. The flow was spot on for the main and he deleivered solid mechanics that showed why he so highly rated in this league. Nice one buddy.

Top Voter: Got Life?
    Regular competitors of the RSTL will know that Got Life? finds it hard to hide his bias when it comes to voting on certain competitors match-ups but this week I think his verses were written with good justification of why he voted either way. His feedback per writer was of good lengths and he deserves a quick pat on the head for his activity in voting.

Top Competitor: Vern Acular
    I have had my issues with the things Vern does during his competing in this league over previous months and I know Q does too. However, this week he showed us why we always forgive him, because when he wants to; he gives this league the kind of input we strive for. A great writer on his day and showing more dedication with his voting and levels of crit on everyone elses work. Nice to see.

Top Dog: Scatterboxx
    Yet again, this guy can't be moved. Or can he? This week he retains his Top Dog status as he stays firmly lofted at the top of the ranks of both his division and the overall points tally chart. On course for the Champ match of the league and it'd be hard to bet against him. Go get 'em tiger.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V. Divisional Ranks & Matches

[​IMG]

Welcome to Week 4 of the RSTL Divisional Format.
    This is The Worth Tank, where your stats are displayed and discussed.

This is how both divisions rank now:
    [​IMG]

DF:WK3 Match-Ups:

1. Scatterboxx vs 2. Got Life?
    3. Vern Acular vs 4. Saga
    5. Bonnie Bathory vs 6. Lucifa
    7. Strike2 vs 9. T.a.C **
    8. MetaSin vs 10. -Atreyu- **
    11. basic|s|kill vs 12. Pharaohe Def
    13. Jimmy Eles vs 14. RICO

1. .:pain:. vs 2. TheReturn
    3. _KDP_ vs 4. Atheist
    5. DaAlmightyDolla vs 6. nom de plume.
    7. Cormier vs 8. MC Guttso
    9. Sound vs 10. prophetional
    11. tbone vs 12. Eye-Rime
    13. Lotus vs 14. SacriFICE
    15. Shrug vs 16. Source4Rhymes

** Swapped due to repeat match-ups.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI. Q’s Predictions

1. Scatterboxx vs 2. Got Life?
    Scatterboxx -1

Naturally, I would give Infinite Truth the edge for being not only the more polished and experience writer, but also the more reputable. Nevertheless, Got Life? is actually the more consistent of the two and is able to produce a verse of equal caliber. Two opposite styles in a match that has become a classic similar to that of Got Life? v. Eye-Rime. This week, I will give Got Life? the edge due to determination.

3. Vern Acular vs 4. Saga
    Vern -2

I am unsure of my familiarity with Saga’s talents. I believe that I have read his work in the past, but I cannot be for certain. Either way, Vern is a consistent writer, though he has not been a consistent winner as of late. I hope that his emotions have ceased to exist and that this can be a mature match. If so, I’ll give him the edge for being one of the best writers in the history of the league, however I believe it will be close if I recall Saga’s abilities correctly.

5. Bonnie Bathory vs 6. Lucifa
    Lucifa -3

A good match, and much closer than I may make it appear. Bonnie is more than capable of beating Lucifa, and if this were Season I of the re-birth, I think she might actually have the edge. However, Lucifa has grown as a writer (and even snagged a title that he was able to hold for quite some time) and given the ample time will be found victorious here. Bonnie hardly ever seems focused enough in her lyrics, though here potential is through the roof. Who am I kidding… the match is posted. Bonnie hands down.

7. Strike2 vs 9. T.a.C
    Strike2 - 4

Who knows? I’ve yet to read T.a.C and its been ages since I’ve witnessed a Strike2 story. Nonetheless, T.a.C is the equivalent to sfsportsfan who is horrible in battling and therefore I will safely say that this wackness carries over in all areas of text. Assuming that I am correct, Strike wins this one easily.

8. MetaSin vs 10. -Atreyu-
    MetaSin -2

Again, who knows? I am unfamiliar with Atreyu, and MetaSin is inconsistent. However, MetaSin is also no longer the champion of the RBL and therefore I predict will spend slightly more time on his story this week. I think this will be a close match (because I vaguely remember Atreyu being good), but I’ll say Meta comes out on top by a few hairs.

11. basic|s|kill vs 12. Pharaohe Def
    Even

I am clueless here. I believe BS was okay when I was still around, and I believe that Def was at least decent. However, I know little about both and I am incapable of giving a precise prediction. I will say BS by a vote.

13. Jimmy Eles vs 14. RICO
    Even

Almost same as the above. Although I know of RICO’s skill (if you can call it that), I also know of his inconsistency as a good writer. Sometimes he is terrible, and others he is good. Jimmy is a completely new name to me so I have no idea how he will hold up. Hmm, I will go out on a limb and say Eles is an alias and has enough skills to rap this one up.

1. .:pain:. vs 2. TheReturn
    TheReturn -2

Though I give TR the edge, Pain has a history of beating the truly great writers and losing to the lesser talented. Therefore, it is hard to call this one, and I know Pain could easily win it. Both verses are in and I have yet to read, but I assumed TR read Pain’s verse and he also has a history of posting just enough to beat the first person. Should be a classic match, but I will give TR the edge here… On second thought, I skimmed the verses and Pain will win.

3. _KDP_ vs 4. Atheist
    Even

No clue. Athiest?

5. DaAlmightyDolla vs 6. nom de plume.
    Nom -5

I hate to say it, but DAD has a history of losing. He has been a name for ages, but not associated with winning. Sadly enough he is a good writer most of the time, but he tends to do to much and just has a bad taste in topics. Nom, however, is a fan favorite and very polished. He should win this one easily.

7. Cormier vs 8. MC Guttso
    Cormier -2

I do not know Guttso, but Cormier was decent from what I can remember. He should win here judging by the alias’ name.

9. Sound vs 10. prophetional
    Even

No clue. Sound?

11. tbone vs 12. Eye-Rime
    Lol.

Who is tbone? Regardless, I posted a very beatable verse so assuming he shows and has any hint of talent… I will still win. Nah, but for real, good luck.

13. Lotus vs 14. SacriFICE
    SacriFICE -2

It has been forever since anyone has read anything from Lotus. Sac is somewhat of a semi-legend and is a good writer. I will give him the edge, although I am sure that Lotus is currently winning. Therefore, Lotus wins here.

15. Shrug vs 16. Source4Rhymes
    Even

No clue. However, I vaguely remember Source, so I will say him.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII. A Painful Meeting

Got Life?: aye you there?

Auto response from Pain: Redman is, was, and forever shall be, that nigga... ....Big shit nigga!

Pain: yessir
    Got Life?: mag interview...you game?
    Pain: you already know
    Got Life?: ok ladies (3-pa, bonnie, lotus) and gentleman...welcome to this week's interview brought to you by your favorite bad guys...how goes it homie?
    Pain: same shit different day brother
    Got Life?: I hear you on that...so what's got you motivated and actually showing up and doing the damn every week?
    Pain: lol honestly I gotta give credit to my girlfriend on the corny loverboy tip, ever since I been with her I been on my shit, I actually studied for the final exam for my summer classes, the first time in my life I studied, and idk, she's my inspiration I guess you could say, she helped me get all growed up and it's about damn time
    Pain: quit the illegal shit too
    Pain: I got her to thank for that
    Got Life?: aww
    Pain: lol she keeps me in line, someone needs to, I can't
    Got Life?: i keep myself buried deep within a chalice of dos equis lager
    Got Life?: It seems to be doing the trick
    Pain: hahaha never been much of a drinker, and I done ran out of codiene
    Got Life?: yeah...well i'm an alcoholic...i've kicked the pain killers though.
    Pain: good shit, lord knows I'd still chew em if I had a script
    Got Life?: So on a different note what'd you think about the league nowadays?
    Pain: I love it honestly, I been in the league for a couple years now, and I haven't ever enjoyed it as much as I do right now, I honestly look forward to the shit, the mag is always crispy, voting got a lot better, the only thing I don't like is that writers like tali, Rikoshay, and Claus aren't around, I'd love to have another go at all of em, I think I got a lot better since the last time we faced off
    Got Life?: yeah...by my account you also owe me a re-match
    Pain: lol I'll see you in the championship doggy
    Pain: I'm sure of it
    Got Life?: yeah, i just got to get past the magical cloud of bullshit wizardry known as scattered rocks.
    Pain: lmao I ain't quite sure I know what that means, is that an infinate truth jab?
    Got Life?: something along those lines...i'm sure he'll be biting his toe nails and burning all of his resin when he sees that I interviewed you instead of him
    Pain: lmao you can get resin from freebasing?
    Pain: ZING!
    Got Life?: lmao...burn.
    Got Life?: so you mentioned certain writers you'd like to get a stab at again...who in the meantime do you see as some of the top writers in the league?
    Pain: honestly I'd say that Inf. at his peak is the best writer in the league, he just writes some weird ass stories that are kinda irrelevent sometimes, that's his downfall, but besides him, right now I'd say you, inf, Sacrafice, Vern (though he's been in a slump), Return, KDP, and Bonnie if she keeps up what she's got goin right now
    Pain: and Nom
    Pain: forgot about him
    Got Life?: bah Nom figures out a way to rehash the exact same thing every week and slip it under the radar somehow...as for Inf and Bonnie...they got lucky I've been trying to write comedies for the last 2 weeks...first sheep fucking...then a clown raping little girls...speaking of which...maybe what I find funny isn't as amusing to others i'm noticing
    Pain: lmao slapstick humor via rap usually don't work unless your name is redman or marshall mathers, and maybe you should quit fuckin around and get on your shit and they won't get "lucky", true, that verse bonnie wrote wouldn't beat your best verse, but even you can admit that verse you posted wasn't NEARLY your best
    Pain: pretty much save the experimenting for your match with TAC
    Got Life?: lol...I didn't even want to write last week...then i saw some balloons felt like writing about a clown raping some pre-teens
    Pain: lmao
    Pain: who wouldn't think that
    Got Life?: lmfao @ TaC...he signed out
    Got Life?: so who in the league irks you when you have to labor through their writing?
    Pain: honestly, Bonnie, lol I have a love hate relationship with her writing, her flow is just horrid, so when her content doesn't strike a chord with me, then I really feel like I'm folding laundry in jail when I'm reading her verse, besides that, rico, and all the random knuckleheads in the league annoy me
    Got Life?: lmao
    Got Life?: stellar match up this week...jimmy eles and rico...
    Got Life?: talk about two sets of parents that should have invested in spermicidal lube.
    Pain: lol I know I can't WAIT! Some fuckin' powerful verses will be dropped in that thread
    Pain: /sarcasm
    Got Life?: here's a spoiler...
    Got Life?: What is unseen seems to be nothing more then a black hole...
    While lighting my nicotine tobacco, i deem i am the last soul....

Pain: lol you ruined it for me
    Got Life?: i'm sorry...will you ever forgive me?
    Pain: lol I think I'll manage
    Got Life?: word...so your favorite hall monitor is back
    Got Life?: why'd you change your sig...do you truly believe q no longer chews donkey semen?
    Pain: lmao I was right about to say I regret takin' that shit out of my sig now, but nah, me and Q always been cool, we've bickered every now and then about his infamous love for donkey chaw, but to each his own, some people just like donkey splooge, what are ya gonna do ya know
    Got Life?: spoken like a true gentleman
    Pain: lmao, word my girlfriend loves it when I speak of donkey nuts
    Got Life?: maybe there's some potential there...you...your girl...an adam sandler audio...
    Pain: ROFLMAO
    Pain: I'm not •••ish though, maybe you can works omething out between me and adam?
    Got Life?: yeah...i'll bless it with some kosher wine
    Got Life?: or we can get prophetional to do it
    Got Life?: cat was throwing hebrew all throughout his verse last week.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Pain: lol I just took a class on Israeli history actually, I'm waitin' to write a topical on the struggle of the •••ish people, I know got at least one vote in the bag
    Got Life?: meh...lol...i unno...my holocaust piece was unappreciated.
    Got Life?: moving along though, what'd you think of 3-pa's hissy fit?
    Pain: I musta missed it what thread is it in?
    Got Life?: the sign in/out from last week
    Got Life?: basically he lost his match and flipped out about how everyone is a retard except for IT and Bonnie because they voted for him in a 9-2 sweep
    Got Life?: lol
    Pain: lmao well wouldn't you be mad if you said you were gonna be the champion of the league yet you can't even beat the new guy?
    Got Life?: 3-pa was never going to champ the league, kid is an underachiever with a monster ego
    Pain: sounds like me two years ago
    Got Life?: lol word
    Got Life?: speaking of which...you definitely have an admirer
    Got Life?: i just noticed after 3-pa brought it to light...tbone was copy and pasting other people's votes
    Got Life?: and he used your breakdown of my verse in his
    Got Life?: straight word for word
    Pain: lmao well shucks tbone, if I knew it was like that
    Pain: he did that to cormier too I think
    Got Life?: yeah...lol
    Got Life?: and he used tr's breakdown of bonnies verse
    Got Life?: it's prolly that child molester jook
    Pain: I hope not
    Pain: the only thing worse than a hall moniter is a cop
    Pain: and jook was both
    Pain: I was gettin' used to not having to deal with his faggotry
    Got Life?: indeed
    Got Life?: in other news
    Got Life?: what'd you think of the new batman?
    Pain: I'm goin' to see it tonight actually, doin' the good boyfriend thing and seein' it with my girl's dad, son, lmao, I just read that and realized that sentence would never be if I was just 6 months younger
    Got Life?: cot damn
    Got Life?: how long you been /w this chick?
    Pain: bout 6 months, lol, I haven't even hooked up with any of my old fuck buddies, haven't even talked to 'em actually, quit smokin' weed, cut back on the cigs, ain't took painkillers in a minute, girl is like a fuckin' antidote
    Got Life?: word
    Got Life?: best of luck /w that
    Got Life?: personally i need to go punch everyone that told me heath ledger > jack in the mouth.
    Pain: everyone has been sayin the same to me
    Pain: not the punch in the mouth
    Pain: the heath > jack
    Got Life?: everyone needs to actually watch batman properly
    Got Life?: and not try to recall how jack did it x years ago
    Got Life?: and think that they have an accurate account
    Pain: word jack was THE SHIT at the joker, I was actually kinda mad when I heard they were doin one with the Joker cuz in the back of mind I'll be comparing him to jack the entire fuckin' time
    Pain: and it might just ruin the movie for me
    Got Life?: i wasn't a big fan...felt the flick was overhyped...but yeah...
    Got Life?: i'm sure "the legend of Chun-Li" will be a far worse flick
    Pain: lol wtf is a Chun-Li?
    Got Life?: from street fighter
    Got Life?: the asian cunt
    Pain: oh yea that dresses like a school girl
    Pain: they makin' a movie about her? wtf?
    Got Life?: yeah...starting that slut from smallville
    Got Life?: kristin keurk
    Pain: fuck,I hate pop culture
    Got Life?: i hate that i can't keep vodka in my mini-fridge at work
    Pain: what? poland spring bottles son that's how we used to do it at the high school football games
    Got Life?: son, i refuse to act like a teenager
    Pain: lol I forgot we were doin' an interview, people are gonna read this shit and think, "these motherfuckers again"
    Pain: you ain't a true alcoholic then
    Got Life?: gtfo
    Got Life?: just cause i appreciate my liquor
    Got Life?: so who you rootin for in the olympics
    Pain: Poland naturally
    Pain: and the nigga with no legs, even though he didn't qualify
    Got Life?: I'm rooting for Ukraine all the way
    Got Life?: women's gymnastics wooh
    Pain: lmao that's all you got!
    Pain: fuckin poland ain't winnin shit though
    Pain: they never do
    Pain: it's like watchin a retard shoot a basketball
    Pain: you know he'll never make it
    Pain: but on the inside you hope he will
    Pain: it's the hope that keeps me watching
    Got Life?: you never know...ya'll might have a good decathalete
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Pain: we don't got a good nothin'
    Pain: not nothin'
    Pain: never
    Got Life?: yea...ya'll arent' even drinking champs
    Pain: whoa whoa whoa whoa
    Pain: that ain't an olympic sport yet
    Got Life?: russians>polaks
    Got Life?: what what
    Pain: let's see russians go shot for shot with spiritus
    Pain: you bitches'll be blind by the second shot
    Got Life?: but seriously...poland is only useful when you need to enslave/burn a bunch of •••s
    Got Life?: i'll out drink you and all your family members solo
    Pain: what?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
    Pain: my ma is an irish catholic she drinks a box of wine a day
    Pain: my dad is straight off the boat from poland
    Pain: he goes out to the bar, drinks all night, and comes home with a 30 rack
    Pain: now do you see why I don't care to drink so much?
    Pain: I was hammered in the womb
    Pain: got tired of that shit by age 8
    Got Life?: i will be hammered in my tomb
    Got Life?: wow we got way off topic...lmao
    Got Life?: umm last words?
    Pain: Poles>Russians
    Pain: chinese lookin' mother fuckers
    Pain: that's all
    Got Life?: thanks for that interview you afghany resurgent
    Pain: lmao anytime you mongoloid
    Got Life?: likewise you arabian goggle wearing pilot of the sphincter.
    Pain: shouldn't you be rebuilding chernobyl?
    Pain: lol that's all I got
    Pain: iight I gotta do the shit shower and shave thing
    Pain: be easy brother
    Got Life?: pz homie

Auto response from Pain: Redman is, was, and forever shall be, that nigga... ....Big shit nigga!
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII. Tek’s Ramblings

Got Life?: yo whack sauce...you wanted an interview?
    tekneek: of course
    Got Life?: lets do the damn then...what could you possibly have to say?
    tekneek: First off, I didnt expect to be interviewed by you of all people, but this isn't really about us ... its about the RSTL.
    Got Life?: it happens, i felt it'd be amusing to interview you
    Got Life?: and I'm also further intrigued as to what you could possibly feel you have to say about a league you've done nothing for in well over a year
    Got Life?: and by nothing I also mean showing up to your matches or anything really
    tekneek: I do have to commend the mods and the helpers although for wanting to keep the league alive. - For me, being that I founded and brought this league to its existence years ago ... thanks to Jeff ... I would've thought the league to die would be just the right thing to do - but there's passionate people (even you since I know you ain't gotta job) .. who are online all day doing the RSTL and not anything else productive ... I have to sit and watch and be pleased with it running its course.
    Got Life?: Where do you figure I don't have a job numb nuts...I work in IT...hence why I have access to the net so much.
    tekneek: Showing up truthfully has been hard for me (real talk ... life and jobs and controlling finances/home), so for some of us... its hard to keep with the league ... (I sympathize with others who've no-showed for this reason) ... you.. you're just a lucky case in which you can afford to do this ... But I think it is safe to say that we both share an appreciation for writing and rhyming.
    Got Life?: I think it's safe to say I think you're a joke
    Got Life?: but none the less your spotting tends to be amusing
    tekneek: Your entitled to your opinions and I care less really ... I just chuckle at how the public loves your jpegs.
    Got Life?: chuckle all you want son, lets not forget the fact that you don't even have the nerve to show your face period.
    tekneek: Show my face? You talking about the league? --- Do I need to repeat myself again?
    tekneek: As far as showing pics, been there and done that --- why would I need to post my pics for --- proves nothing at all.
    Got Life?: son i've seen your pics...you're hiding in the shade like one of those anonymous sex offenders in the dark
    tekneek: My eyes are too slanted for you to see? --- anyways... your leading me way off base here from the topic.
    Got Life?: what's your topic?
    Got Life?: that you haven't been around, you thought the league would die, but instead everything works just fine w/o you?
    Got Life?: is that really a revelation for you?
    tekneek: It's good to see that people return and keep doing what we all share in common. I'm happy to know that my idea of this league is something that till this day still carries on ... and the peoples still keep the drive going.
    Got Life?: so after all this is just your cry to try and lay claim to some fame because you helped start this league ages ago?...lol...you're such a fossil.
    tekneek: I am returning to the league and just being a part of what's still going on ... point blank.
    tekneek: No real callout to anyone but just do the damn thing.
    tekneek: I ben away from writing verses and whenever I feel the need to really write something -- this league motivates me to sit and conjure up something.
    Got Life?: ic...so what wizardry are we to expect?
    tekneek: Well, let's just keep it this way -- don't expect anything surprising or anticipate anything from me ... I'm just a product of this environment and being a part of it. I'm just here to TRY to help add one more person to the league. The writing part is all me and the people who i compete with and read up on are colleagues who share their work too.
    tekneek: the beauty of this league is that you HAVE to bring your best to achieve.
    Got Life?: fair enough...as long as you're not making false threats anymore I can live with that
    tekneek: No threats anymore -- just enjoy the existence.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Got Life?: do the damn then old man
    tekneek: I do have respect for all writers honest-to-God. -- I'm just more appreciative of those I think are real in-tune to how I interpret shit ... i mean me and voting for example.
    tekneek: Who else more to hate and laugh at my voting than you.
    Got Life?: you've said some pretty stupid shit
    tekneek: Let me explain myself on that.
    Got Life?: go for it
    tekneek: When I vote for a match - I try NOT to care about the other threads/matches.. and how I voted on those...
    tekneek: Sometimes I will use other names to recognize show and tell.
    tekneek: But anything more is just solely based on that match at hand.
    tekneek: I may contradict alot and say otherwise on other matches that I vote on ...
    Got Life?: it's not even that, you'll say shit like...I vote for this cause I could see "nas spit it"...that's just retarded
    tekneek: The only reason why I say NAS spit it is cus... its an indirect explanation of saying ... I feel Nas' style... therefore I feel HIS style....
    tekneek: To me thats what I appreciate more than what the opponent might have outputted.
    Got Life?: i unno...you're a strange fucker
    Got Life?: who are you "in tune" with these days
    tekneek: Honestly, I been far away from rap/hiphop -- last album I honestly tuned in to was Nas... anything else before that... I have no clue. I been listening to old school hiphop all the time. 1983-1990.. and then stuff from 1991-2001.
    Got Life?: i mean in the league
    tekneek: ahhhh.
    tekneek: As much as I beef with your guy :pain: I been reading him a lil bit. Of course, I'm all over Bonnie's style ... I'm too captivated by her shit. I'm kinda drawing a yawn from Vern-Acular's writing ... I'm looking forward to seeing Atheist write more stuff .. I've read some of your stuff also -- pretty good. I been on and off the boards doing this and that -- but at any given chance that I read, those are the peoples I check on. Infinite Truth also ... he's always someone you wonder what he'll bring next.
    tekneek: By the way I thought THERETURN was black.
    Got Life?: lol...no
    tekneek: OK ... oh well..
    tekneek: Im back in the league to just see what others come up with ... its exciting to just wonder what comes out of each individual in writing ... I always felt that was the greatness in this league (as opposed to battling) ...
    Got Life?: that works
    tekneek: This league allows you to imagine.
    tekneek: RBL ... you can't do shit but think smart on how to hate.
    tekneek: Pretty one-dimensional.
    tekneek: one thing I regret about the RSTL
    tekneek: Is that accolades from the very start are lost. - It would be real nice to obtain everything from the very start of this league's existence till now.
    Got Life?: tali has them somewhere
    tekneek: If he's got the stuff since Peril-Eyes' first ever RSTL win ... that guy's a stud.
    Got Life?: i unno bout all that
    Got Life?: but w/e's clever
    tekneek: Anyways, that's all I gotta say. --- You got any other questions?
    Got Life?: nah, that's fine
    tekneek: coo .. shoutouts to everyone -- I respect all you cats... even you GL ... its a whole different outlook on the league for me... cus I dont know.. this damn friggin site is 10 years alive... and the league is about 4-5 I think ... so .. even though this is just internet shit.. its everyday shit online.. and its life behind cyberlife. Its real people behind these computer IP's.
    tekneek: pz
    Got Life?: pz guy
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX. Infinite Truth’s Profile

[​IMG]
    Profile of: Infinite Truth/scatterbox

Selected Image:
    [​IMG]

Accumulated Worth: 015pts

Link To Self-Written Proudest RSTL Verse: Old-"Light After Dark", New- "Rotten Aesthetics"

Self Reflection:
    okay. i'll keep this simple. i debuted in the rstl in week one, which i believe was 2001 or 2002, meaning i was either 15 or 16. i went 16-0 at first. after that, i accumulated a shitload of losses due to a horrendous amount of no-shows, as well as a serious lack of voting. these two issues alone have cost me at least half of my losses. ha. i'm considered one of the greatest of all time by many. i agree. i have a great grasp on mechanical stylistics, especially flow & rhyme scheme. i can write in a variety of flows, & have creative, complex, & multis that last sometimes 16 syllables. my strengths are topicals, though the league doesn't seem to like those as much, so i tend to stay away. i can write a damn good ending usually – either twisted, witty, reflective, or any other way i find suitable & creative. my imagery, linguistics, & emotion usually tend to overpower my verses, & at times, that is my biggest weakness, as it tends to sacrifice the storytelling's "entertainment" factor at times. i'm a 3x champion. i've won at least 50, possibly 60 battles. i don't even know. bottom line: i'm fucking ill. get the picture, babycakes?

League Reflection:
    i'm in the rstl for two main reasons: to get feedback on my work [& thus improve upon it as time goes by], & also, to provide material for my audios. there have been a number of rstl writers that have influenced me: warren worthington iii [mechanically the best of all time], tha talent [one of the greatest poets], peril eyes [one of the best storytellers], nom/sub/alias [another fantastic poet], lucifa [always a thrilling ride of a story], cereal killer [one of the most imaginative writers in the league], got life [the most twisted fuck on the board], & writers such as sacrifice, richard corey, q, vern, 3pa, return, & plenty of others for just overall dopeness. the league has gone through a shitload of phases, as have i. my writing styles have changed dramatically as time passed. if you take a look at all the different archives & dig up some of my verses, you'll see how evident that is. i think the current state of the rstl is possibly the best its been in 3-4+ years. if the divisional format runs the way it has been, it will be the greatest thing that's happened to the rstl literally ever. the points system is genius, though i think a few things should be added for points, such as t.k.o.s, verse of the week, etc. the rstl is in good shape right now, thanks especially to the dedicated mods.

Moderator Interview:
    Too long.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Competitor Profile Continued: Infinite Truth/scatterbox

12-16 Line KeyStyle ~ Self/RSTL Related:
    enigmatic echoes heard reverberating frequencies
    rode the soul of the sky, circulating frequently.
    in certain ways it seems to me time is left in silence
    by the blood of my brain composed of synthetic science.
    in a quite pathetic crisis of real raging riddled behavior,
    i'm crinkling paper – bipolar – scribbling anger.
    jottin' rotten symphonies, sung with sound symmetry –
    each note's polyphony of the deathly dark diminished key.
    the night rocks a morbid feel… i'm seeing scurried demons;
    & it looks as though the moon's smirking, keepin' dirty secrets.
    songs wrote heavily inspired by the fire of bong smoke
    consist of spitfire spawned flows… son you want jokes?
    a notebook of splattered ink rests upon my desk.
    fresh until the death - the best at written texts.
    so, ease off. i sweet-talk streets with truth & poetics
    that spin y'all dizzy like hallucinogenic beautiful head trips.

OutSide Of The RSTL:
    Coming soon.

The Last Word:
    www.myspace.com/idliketohearyourap for audios, videos, & more.

www.soundclick.com/scatterboxx for dozens of audios & instrumentals.

www.soundclick.com/scatterboxxinstrumentals for 85+ instrumentals - some for sale.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X. …Of the Week

Honey of the Week
    Laura Dore

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VIP of the Week
    Sarah

Music Video of the Week

[youtube]uQ2yvL9E4R8[/youtube]

Random Video of the Week

[youtube]IgVHe9CDQnU[/youtube]

Joke of the Week

A woman three months pregnant falls into a deep coma. Six months later, she awakes and asks the nearest doctor about the fate of her baby.

"You had twins, a boy and a girl, and they are both fine," says the doctor. "Luckily, your brother named them for you."

"Oh shit, not my brother! He's an idiot! What did he call the girl?"

"Denise," the doctor replies.

Thinking that isn't so bad, she asks, "And what did he call the boy?"

The doctor answers, "Denephew."​
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI. Conclusion

Whew! I think this turned out well. A lot of interesting fluff, so to speak. I would like to especially thank GL? for once again submitting most of this stuff, and also to TR for his Loose Cypher (assuming that he actually sends it).

In addition, I hope all is well with Lucifa and whatever issues that he is facing. The league definitely needs him, so any personal issues will have to wait in the future. The league is first!

No, but really, thanks Lucifa for all that you have done. I know that you never wanted a moderator position, but you have really stepped up. We have had our differences, but you are the best moderator that I have chosen yet. Therefore, we will let this week slide, just as long as it does not happen again.

Thank you all for reading and hopefully you all have enjoyed it.

Peace, and chicken grease.
    test
  17. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

dope read despite all the 'under construction' signs up in this mofo

- props to everyone involved in putting this together
    test
  18. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i broke down all the matches...where's the rest of the breakdowns homie?
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

good shit Q .. thanks for stepping in at such short notice to do this .. really appreciated .. turned out well me thinks ..

nice Honey too .. what's the dif between the honey and the vip in concept though? ..

explained my situation in my thread with Bonnie .. but yeah .. I'm kinda back but not at full swing like I have been .. but I'll sort the mag and whatever next week .. just won't be able to do the daily thing for a while ..

good mag though ..

IT - appreciate the name drop in your profile ..
    test
  20. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

good mag

ps
    heath > jack
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.