[MAG] The Tribune Vol.3 : DF Issue 2

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Lucifa, Jul 22, 2008.

?

Should The Weekly Loose Cypher 'Top Verse' Get A Bonus Point?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

[​IMG]

..The Tribune : Vol. 3 : DF Issue 2..

I. Introduction
    II. Weekly Poll
    III. Welcome To Worth
    IV. Got Life? Breaks Down DF:WK2
    V. Loose Cypher
    VI. TheReturn Interview With
    VII. Divisional Ranks & Match-Ups
    VIII. Got Life? Predicts DF:WK3
    IX. Scatter’s Boxx
    X. … Of The Week
    XI. Competitor Profile
    XII. Outroduction

I. Introduction

Hello and welcome to the 2nd issue of the Divisional Format magazine.

You guys are the shit! Really gotta give you all props on the activity and good look you’re giving this league. Battles are going up early with the bonus point as an incentive, and the votes are also piling in thanks to the point system rewarding the effort. We’re not without problems from both competitor and moderator angles, but we’re working out the kinks as we go along and I think come Champ time; the league will be ticking over real smooth.

Changes are being made on a constant basis with regards to the set-up and rules involved in running the league in the new format, so instead of trying to get at the mods for adjusting things to suit how we feel best suits our running of the league, how about you ignore that shit and just play your part by competing and voting and submitting topics and mag material. We appreciate the input of competitors and we take on board suggestions and ideas, however, I don’t see why we should have to read posts bagging on our effort.

Most of you seem happy enough though and are really getting in to the feel of the format and how your effort is reflected in how you advance or fall down the tables.

Good looks.

II. Weekly Poll

Last week’s poll of “Mechanics vs. Content?” was won by “Mechanics”: 7-5

This week’s poll asks: “Should The Weekly Loose Cypher ‘Top Verse’ Get A Bonus Point?”

A: Yes
    B: No
    test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

III. Welcome To Worth

How you doing? (no Joey from Friends)

Let’s take a look and find out.
    Here is The Worth SpreadSheet for the end of DF:WK2:
    [​IMG]
    Names in black are signed out

Translated to the table format we have:
    [​IMG]

The Top 4 Of Red:
    Scatterboxx ~ Riding high right now Scatterboxx has took 6 bonus point opportunities and took a further 4 by way of victory. 2 Wins in 2 Weeks and sitting comfortably atop the division. Vs. Lucifa (myself) in WK3.
    DeadKing ~ Seemingly climbed from oblivion to sit in 2nd spot but with 2 stealth victories under his belt he has climbed and pushed others down. Not taking so many bonus points so far but hitting a groove. Vs. Vern Acluar in WK3.
    Got Life? ~ Takes a slide down the ranks after his loss to Scatterboxx in WK2 but taking full advantage of the bonus points made available to him. Sure to climb again. Vs. Bonnie Bathory in WK3.
    Lucifa ~ A win and a loss has me alphabetically placed above Vern Acular on the same points tally. Took a few bonus points but writing the mag has my Early Bird chances cut down slightly. Vs. Scatterboxx in WK3.

The Top 4 Of Blue:
    3-Planes ~ Zoomed to the top of the blue chart with 2 victories and all available bonus points on offer so far. Creating his own destiny via his own input and marking up quite a gap with his 11pts. Vs. _KDP_ in WK3.
    DaAlmightyDolla ~ Almost as with DK in the red division, the 2nd rank man has seemingly appeared from no-where to take the spot. Again, not getting the most bonus points but climbing ranks with 2 wins on the bounce. Vs. TheReturn in WK3.
    .:pain:. ~ Over-rated by himself, under-rated by the league. Pain gets wins and adds some effort into earning a few bonus points, leaving him steadily climbing the ranks of the blue division. Vs. MC Guttso in WK3.
    TheReturn ~ A surprise to some that he’s not right up there competing on points with 3-Planes but their match-up last week lost TR a point and he gave up a bonus in the voting links. Sure to be top rank sometime soon. Vs. DaAlmightyDolla in WK3.

test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

IV. Got Life? Breaks Down DF:WK1

Well you motherfuckers aren’t giving me a break as far as doing these huh? Fuck it, you keep showing, I’ll keep breaking it down no matter how much of a pain in the ass it is to go through all of these. On a side note, Lucy, if you ever do this bonus point shit again I will massacre you. We definitely learned this week there’s more than one way to sheer a fucking sheep. Anyways, no more chit chat, here are the breakdowns:

Saga vs T.a.C

This battle was absolutely horrible. Saga must be kicking himself in the teeth for losing it. He wrote a sheep piece which played off some nursery rhymes especially that of the big bad wolf. It was a piece that has been done before and has been executed far better than Saga can ever hope to do. T.a.C. wrote some utter garbage about how people wear masks to conceal their shit, and then gave 3 disconnected random and ambiguous accounts only to close out the piece by telling the audience that he will no longer wear his mask. Somehow Saga lost, but this match was horrible.

Lucifa vs Vern Acular

This was actually a really even match up though to me still not quite what I was hoping for. Both of them actually played upon the whole father/son connection which has been really abundant these past couple of weeks. Vern played the more direct role of a son scorned by a demanding and tormenting father. Lucy flipped the script in a different direction. He had a father driven insane by the loss of his wife so he takes people into the house and murders them, yet as the father struggles the son takes over the family “business” of killing off those that approach the front door.

Got Life? vs Scatterboxx

This was the battle of the week in my eyes. If you disagree it’s because you’re a cunt and well, that’s something you should address with your mother as I can’t help you out in that department. Both of us flipped the sheep pic, IT flipped it into a piece about the golden fleece, a tale it seemed most were unfamiliar with, but thanks to the grace of Wikipedia IT was able to get his message across and edge me out. I on the other hand wrote about a guy that lusts to fuck sheep. Bonnie called it predictable and what not, I unno about all that. I think people take it for granted as to how hard it is to write a verse about a guy that lusts to fuck sheep and not come off corny/gay/awkward…I still prefer my verse, but that’s that at the end of the day.

Nom de Plume vs .:pain:.

Nom has really been miss of late, I mean, there seems to be a lack of flair in our poetic prom queen as this week another pair of scorned lovers met in his piece and yet again he met defeat. In this case it wasn’t because Pain came hard to the table. Pain actually brought forward one of his worst pieces of recent weeks about a guy who forgets where he came from and when confronted with it by the people he use to run with back on the blocks he decides to plunge to his death from the roof of a building. I don’t know, I really expected a much better match between these two.

MetaSin vs Rocket

Well Rocket went ahead and wrote some gay shit again last week. This time it was about a pair of twin brothers as they roast each other. The dialogue and piece in general was written in a very poor manner and dragged regardless of how short it was. Meta on the other hand wrote about a school teacher that lusts after his students. It was delivered in a rather unconventional style for him that actually reminded me towards that of TR...but that’s neither here nor there.

TheReturn vs 3-Planes

This was one of the more anticipated match ups of the past week and for the most part it didn’t disappoint. 3-Planes came with a verse about people being sheep following Christianity. Not exactly a really big stretch of the imagination as things like that have been talked about an accounted for, seemingly for years. On the other hand TR wrote a piece about the footprints we leave, talking about history, fossils, and in essence a feel of “how will you be remembered”. The problem for TR was the simple fact that not everyone chose to resonate with TR’s topical approach as another topical fell to a more story based piece.

Mic-illaH vs _KDP_

KDP definitely flipped the table on all of us last week and brought out a whole song that a lot of people really got into. It wasn’t anything special as it was the typical relationship woes, but the piece was written pretty well and rather enjoyable. Mic-illaH on the other hand done lost his mind and started writing about sheep that are planning to rebel against mankind. The verse could have been pretty cool had he engaged it and actually developed upon the idea, instead the lack of development took away and let KDP run off with the win.

DeadKing vs Bonnie Bathory

Everytime I’ve gone into break down this battle I’ve fallen asleep. Sorry but fuck it.

Strike2 vs RICO

This was absolutely the most dreadful match of the past week. How are two people going to try to pawn off the fact that they’re writing spoken word pieces while having not one drop of emotion between the two of them. Both pieces were incredibly cut and dry and showed absolutely no effort from either writer, since that’s the case I won’t put anymore into giving a breakdown.

DaAlmightyDolla vs MC Guttso

I really didn’t know what was going to come of this piece, but I can tell you that it pretty much found me bored. Dolla tried to stretch a line towards the end of his piece into something that connected with the actual sheep pic, but there was nothing in common to be found. The piece was about friends that grew up together who fell apart. While Guttso wrote about a gory pizza with ingredients and toppings that included chunks of the delivery boy himself to be delivered with the pizza; I guess it’s true, you never do know what you’re going to get.
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

V. Loose Cypher

[​IMG]

A great week for all involved. Full of little twists and matches being tight as fuck. Some highlights from the week include: T.a.C caught a victory, Got Life? lost top spot, another 10 voting links were available, things ran pretty smoothly all week and it was all very competitive.
    Some lowlights include : T.a.C (and 1 or 2 others) still not voting properly, the amount of people jumping on the sheep pic, the amount of people that didn’t go with the sheep pic; using “The Masks We Wear” topic, tbone not alternating, people not voting at all and the fact we still have people in the minus points zone.

Now on to my Top 5 of the week:

For DF:WK2

Top Match: http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusics...wk2-1-got-life-vs-3-scatterboxx-vote-now.html
    This was not through fear of not wanting to eat their shit from my girlfriend’s chest. This was a really good and close match-up. I got a little lost with Scatt’s meaning behind his verse myself, but couldn’t deny how well it was written whilst GL? had solid mechanics and good enough content to enjoy his verse. Good battle guys.

Top Verse: MetaSin : Link
    I had to seek help from my fellow mod Return as I was stuck on 3 and really couldn’t make my mind up. So this is a joint decision ‘award’ as we felt Meta deserved some props on his verse. He executed his piece well with solid mechanics and a good level of flair to the writing. The best bit for me was his twist on the quote he used as a topic. Niceness.

Top Voter: Lucifa
    Problem? .. lol .. nah .. I feel I deserve some credit for my time spent voting and such just as much as anyone else. The points aren’t my motivation for voting on ‘everything’ and I feel I always make effort to give longer winded breakdowns than the average competitor. Last week being no exception so giving myself some daps. Thanks.

Top Competitor: 3-Planes
    Stormed to the top of the Blue division and looks set to be the first out of there. A contender for Top Dog but I feel Scatt is more deserving of that based on opponent last week, but 3-Planes is certainly proving his worth right now. Good showing pal.

Top Dog: Scatterboxx
    How could it be anyone else other than the guy that stopped Got Life?’s rampage, a former Top Dog of 2 consecutive weeks himself. Scatterboxx is now the guy to beat, and it falls on me to have first crack at him, wish me luck folks. Scatterboxx vs 3-Planes is looking like our first Champ Match the way things are going.
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

VI. TheReturn Interview With _KDP_

TR: Alright, I gotta make this shit fast. I'm at work, questions are saved at home, this is gonna have to be straight off the top.
    TR: Gimme your thoughts on the league so far.
    KDP: i'm digging the league- it's not as big as the RBL is but i seem to be getting a better response... that means the RSTL has smarter people in it lol
    TR: Haha word, and better mods too right?
    KDP: lol- both sets of mods seem cool as hell
    KDP: that nicca Q went gangsta on the RBL tho
    KDP: strong armed it
    TR: That's because Q is RSTL bred, he's just over there showing them how we do things.
    TR: Running that league proper, like a fucking Republican.
    KDP: there u go
    KDP: the league will be doomed
    KDP: and then you'll hand it over to another mod (democrat)
    KDP: and blame him for everything!!!
    KDP: wait... i heard that's what JOOK did
    TR: Haha, that's how we roll son, except a Republican picked up the pieces for JOOK
    TR: I'm the John McCain of this bitch.
    KDP: hahaha- thats great
    KDP: call me obama
    KDP: i think i'm bringin something new to the league
    TR: Haha, we'll see when we face here pretty soon. You're a new name, a fresh face, you gonna turn out to be just a fad (Obama) or you plan on making a big name for yourself?
    KDP: lol- if u want to call reigning for the next 8 years a fad i'll roll with it. not really trying to make a name, just doin it for fun. once the summer's over i'll probably go back to gambling lol
    KDP: i hate baseball, cant bet on that
    TR: Word, I'm an hour from Tunica and turn 21 in 3 weeks. Pretty sure my life is going to head down the drain.
    TR: Spend all that Republican paper.
    KDP: hahaha- yeah.. i have pretty good self control when it comes to the tables but i'm online almost every night of basketball season
    KDP: i'm gonna miss tim donaghy
    KDP: he bought me a flatscreen two years ago
    TR: I'm going to be honest with you, I have no idea who that is.\
    KDP: lol- thats the NBA ref that was fixing games
    KDP: almost always the over on the point spread
    TR: Hahahaha
    TR: Probably Republican
    KDP: YOU KNOW IT
    TR: Roflzzzz
    KDP: big balls big ego and shady as shit
    TR: So you're a summer writer then, you been in the league before or just stumble upon us randomly?
    KDP: naw this is my first stint in the league. i used to rap for real rap (non-text) n I just stumbled cross the site
    KDP: my producer got locked before we could make it big- typical sad song
    TR: Damn son, that's a bad break. Who's impressed you the most since you signed in?
    KDP: ummm, that cat metasin is vicious as fuck- he holds the RBL down too, kids got a crazy record
    KDP: i like that cat Pain's style
    TR: Yeah, he's a versatile dude. He's been around for awhile too.
    TR: Pain is like the guy that shits on people and no one ever notices, lol.
    TR: He's still underrated after like 4 years writing.
    KDP: i got my first evil return vote from scatterboxx- he straight killed me even though he voted for me last week lol
    KDP: and i think i made 3planes sign out
    TR: Lol yes, 3PA hung them up because of you this week.
    KDP: scatterboxx was like 'your verse was some shit, just less shitty than the other cat' hahaha- thats good though cuz its all motivation
    KDP: u know how it is-- you be like, i gotta write some shit even that cat wont hate on
    TR: Yeah, that's how I usually am with Got Life?
    KDP: hahaha, why does everyone hate on dukes?
    TR: He liked my verse this week though, kind of makes me feel fuzzy inside.
    TR: Because he's a faggot.
    KDP: that's cooooold blooooodded
    TR: Lol, no, I don't know. Because he hates too? Unwarranted ego? Got caught recycling pieces like 4 times?
    KDP: i c... hell recycling put a loss on my record. i hadnt written anything my first week and used a verse from one of my oooooooold tracks
    KDP: its not text recycling, but i didnt write it for the league
    KDP: cats were smart though
    KDP: called me out for not really using the topics
    KDP: made me step it up
    KDP: write some brand new 2008 shit
    TR: He's cool off-site when I've talked to him, but that big of an ego is unwarranted, IMO. And I fucking hate people that recycle pieces they've already used in the league once before. It's like why join a writing league if you ain't gonna write?
    KDP: i can feel that
    TR: Lol, I've seen people recycle audio verses into text verses
    TR: Got Life? is guilty of that as well, lol.
    KDP: hahaha- yeah, as long as its fresh to text i dont see a issue
    LIQuified MC (12:57:16 PM): not so fresh = not so fresh yadig
    TR: Yeah, I mean if it's a dope audio and hasn't been posted in the league, sure, share it and let us give feedback.
    KDP: yeah, thats what i did for the first thing i posted on rapmusic... in the open mic i dropped something n linked the audio
    TR: But when you read the same story twice word for word and its only a few months apart it's like, "you fucking serious? This net cred what's really good in the streets, Eugene?"
    KDP: his name is Eugene?
    TR: Lmao, yeah.
    KDP: ahhh, not his fault
    TR: Hahaha.
    TR: Moving on.
    KDP: lol
    TR: Gimme your top 5. Then we'll wrap it up with your prediction for the first champ match of the league.
    KDP: dont think i'm a republican when i put myself in here... in no particular order cuz i just dont have enough body of work to talk on it intelligently
    TR: Hahaha, I know you were tallying votes in your head like "Hmm, this one says TR but it's a hanging chad, give it to KDP"
    KDP: lmfao @ that. we can recount florida all day... metasin- kdp- the return- pain- got life
    KDP: but i only got like 2 weeks to go off of
    TR: That's what it is, now who's coming out of each division for the first champ match, and who you got winning it?
    KDP: how far off is it?
    TR: next week the top 2 in each division face off to see who goes to the champ match in week 5
    KDP: i'm doin some quick calculations to see if i can make it to 2nd place with 3P signing out...
    KDP: i need some upsets lol
    TR: well you can pass either me or DAD depending on who losers probably
    TR: nom won't participate in the voting much, and Pain could very well be up there
    KDP: yeah, i can get 5 this week-- lets call it KDP vs TheReturn and GotLife vs Vern Acular
    KDP: I win (of course, democrats will be voting) and Got Life
    KDP: then i win the first championship
    TR: Lol, Dems do band together in this fucking place I'll igve you that.
    TR: Like a welfare lottery or some shit.
    KDP: cold blooded.
    TR: Fuck it, I'm paying for it I can say what I want.
    TR: Lolol.
    KDP: everyone has to milk the system the best way possible-
    TR: Agreed.
    KDP: if it comes in a check and free milk for the baby, so be it
    TR: And you never know when something happens and puts you in the opposite situation you know?
    TR: But seriously, I'll never be an alpaca or whatever the fuck they got up in Alaska. Drill that shit.
    KDP: lmao @ alpaca
    TR: Super mooses and shit
    KDP: them the fuckers that spit that nasty shit?
    TR: Probably, I know camels spit. I bet alpacas do too, motherfuckers.
    TR: Alright, get the fuck out. I gotta finish my work before the planet overheats.
    test
  6. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

VII. Divisional Ranks & Match-Ups

[​IMG]

You can find detailed information by Clicking Here.

This is how both divisions rank now:
    [​IMG]

DF:WK3 Match-Ups:

1. Scatterboxx vs 4. Lucifa
    2. DeadKing vs 5. Vern Acular
    3. Got Life? vs 6. Bonnie Bathory
    7. Saga vs 10. Jimmy Eles
    8. Strike2 vs 11. MetaSin
    9. T.a.C vs 12. -Atreyu-
    13. RICO vs 14. rocket

1. 3-Planes vs 5. _KDP_
    2. DaAlmightyDolla vs 4. TheReturn
    3. .:pain:. vs 6. MC Guttso
    7. nom de plume. vs 10. tbone
    8. Mic-illaH vs 11. Atheist
    9. prophentional vs 12. Cormier
    13. Inspectagent vs 14. Sound

Should make for a really interesting week; once again.
    DF:WK1 was full of blow-outs as we faced top against bottom and worked match-ups inward.
    DF:WK2 however, saw a lot of closely contested matches with minimal TKO’s taken/given.
    The divisions are shaping up and we’re finally in to double digit points.
    Next week will see the divisional contender and champ matches for each division take place.
    These will then feed in to DF:WK5 holding our first LEAGUE championship and contender matches.
    Can’t wait!
    test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

VIII. Got Life? Predicts DF:WK3

Alright bitches, another week…another crystal ball…please keep the douche baggery to a minimum. Personal note: If anything I say offends you, cry yourself to sleep and invest in a new life and a fucking personality. Moving along…

1. Scatterboxx vs 4. Lucifa

IT is hit or miss and his verses really aren’t about anything other than whatever his obscure connection leads you to believe. On the other hand I don’t think Lucy is strong enough in the areas that IT isn’t strong in to sway enough votes his way. On the plus side for Lucy he won’t catch hate votes. IT wins in a close match.

2. DeadKing vs 5. Vern Acular

I know what DK is capable of, but at the same time I don’t think he’s motivated enough to trump Vern. What it comes down to is that Vern will sneak in towards the last minute, DK will not have time to see what he needs to put up in order to win and he will come up just short of that mark. Vern wins in a close match.

3. Got Life? vs 6. Bonnie

Umm…are you kidding me. KO…goodbye. GTFO…Bonnie could have written all 4 months she was locked up for this and she still wouldn’t beat me.

7. Saga vs 10. Jimmy Eles

No one knows who Jimmy Eles is and I didn’t bother to check who vouched for him to make the likely alias. I don’t expect him to show up. Saga on the other hand could be L Dogg…or it could just be Saga, he’s coming off a loss to fucking T.a.C. so you better believe he’s on a mission to redeem himself. Saga wins this one.

8. Strike2 vs 11. MetaSin

I hope that Meta gets out of this groove where he’s just not bringing everything to the table that he could be week-in/week-out. If we see the same Meta that gave some of the better writers a run for their money it should be a clean sweep. I haven’t seen anything impressive from Strike in years.

9. T.a.C vs 12. -Atreyu-

There is no way in the world that Atreyu should lose to T.a.C. I think last week’s loss taught him a lesson and showed him how the league reacts to certain pieces after which he will bounce back and destroy T.a.C. who caught a lot of undeserved praise last week.

13. RICO vs 14. rocket

If I don’t have to, I will probably avoid this battle as it is pretty much certain to be one of the worst battles of the week with two absolutely boring and washed up writers locking horns at the bottom of the ranks. I think Rico edges it out just because everyone can’t stand to read Rocket’s verses at this point.

1. 3-Planes vs 5. _KDP_

I know that KDP is coming into this one really amped about the piece that he’s about to bring and I also know that 3-PA has been a constant underachiever, but the new point system has sparked life in 3-Planes and his top notch mechanics and smooth flow will edge this match in his favor.

2. DaAlmightyDolla vs 4. TheReturn

Dolla would really have to come with the best verse of his life if he plans to beat TR. The crowd pleasing moderator is still one of the better writers in the league and that is exactly the type of writer that Dolla was never able to beat.

3. .:pain:. vs 6. MC Guttso

Pain should find himself continuing to cruise along as he locks up with Guttso who has yet to really shock and awe anybody while at the same Pain has been consistently winning match after match. Pain walks away with the Win in his pocket positioning himself towards the top of the division as contender matches approach.

7. nom de plume. vs 10. tbone

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks that T-bone is going to all the sudden upset Nom. This is going to probably be one of the most voted on matches as it results in a clean sweep for Nom.

8. Mic-illaH vs 11. Atheist

I’m absolutely amped to read a new fresh verse from Atheist, dude is one of my top storytellers of all time. I think he’s going to make easy work of Mic-illaH who has been around the bubble with good ideas, but his poor execution has dropped him this far in the ranks.

9. prophentional vs 12. Cormier

I don’t know anything about prophentional although he randomly popped in and started voting last week even though people not in the league who aren’t former champs can’t vote anyway, but what I’ve read from Cormier has been decent. I will give the edge to Cormier based on familiarity.

13. Inspectagent vs 14. Sound

I don’t know what to expect out of this match although Sound hit me up late last night and seemed like quite the eager beaver. Based on that I’ll predict that he wins, fuck it…who cares.

And that’s all for this week folks.
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

IX. {scatter cushion.}
    a.k.a.
    inf’s kudos of the week.

"t.a.c. = sfsportsfan [sp?] on steroids?"

when tac & i battled, he dropped a straight up sorry, filled to the brim with lackluster emotion, deprived of originality, & mechanically clusterfucked verse. ot was cliché, & beamed the obvious fact he’s a newbie. &, if not a newbie, an awful writer. during his second week around, he dropped a verse that was far from great. But… there was great amount of improvement. he experimented with a more complex rhyme scheme, flowed a littttttle better [but not much], & thus, for one his mechanics progressed to a point that’s [sadly] better than some so-called veterans. yes, they were sloppy. but those mechanics made his verse far more readable. the content was what really amazed me. while nothing special, it had depth, much more creativity & originality, & a realm of thoughtful meaning that i don’t think he knew existed when he dropped against me. his style has immensely grown in change in a matter of about seven days. i don’t know really anyone who
    has done that to the extent he did. this week, i hope he polishes up the flow, paints quite a bit more imagery, creates a hook, writes with more advanced linguistics, as well as adds a dimension of poetics to the piece. if he grows every week for just 4 weeks more or so the way he did this last week – if his verses get as much better as it did this past week – he is going to be another cat that gives heads a run for their money. it may take him quite a bit to earn the championship, let alone contendership, but if he takes advantage of the new divisional format’s point system, he can climb to the top, & at least begin to really give us all a run for the money. kudos, son.

MySpace.com - scatterboxx - Orlando, Florida - Hip Hop / Trip Hop / Lyrical - www.myspace.com/idliketohearyourap
    SoundClick artist: scatterboxx - scientific stylistics of polished poetics & rhythmics.

test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

XI. Competitor Profile

[​IMG]
    Profile of: Got Life?

Selected Image: [​IMG]

Accumulated Worth: 008pts

Link To Self-Written Proudest RSTL Verse: A Child, a God and a Test

Self Reflection:
    A self reflection for the king of ego, how could I resist. I came into the league in late ’05 as probably a mediocre writer. I had really solid imagery and ideas, but I couldn’t put them together for shit resulting in a lack of desired effects. Since then I’ve become one of the best writers in the league and one of the most accomplished while being the most disliked person around. IV once told me, if I wasn’t such a prick I’d have probably one of the best records out of anyone ever, but fuck it. I love being the bad guy. See, I actually enjoy this league not just because of the feedback I get on my writing and because I love to write, but because I am fully involved in all aspects. Not so much as a fart gets passed without me knowing about it. Simply put, I’m the pulse of this motherfucker and I’ll beef with you and your toothless mother.

League Reflection:
    The league has definitely had several turning points since I started out, but now and again a few people pop their heads back in. I can’t specify who influenced what but overtime reading other verses and seeing things that I liked and things that I didn’t helped to mold my style into what it is today. This place is always what you make it, garbage in/garbage out and vice versa, though I would love a rematch with Tali, Riko, and RC. I’d throw Atheist in there but since that bastid is back I assume I’ll get a chance to ruffle his feathers.

Moderator Interview:
    Q: You're known as the IronMan of The RSTL because of how long you've served in the league. What era would you highlight as your favourite?
    A: I'll say the original divisional system back when Riko, Tali, and Claus were modding the league.

Q: What was it that made it so memorable for you personally?
    A: There were a ton of really good writers, each match for the most part was something you actually wanted to read, it was a lot harder to win, topics were fire, mags were top notch, league ran smooth as fuck, no controversy.

Q: Speaking of controversy, you've been involved in a lot of stuff yourself. From wrong doings to beefs. Sticking to beef, who have been your favourite beef partners?
    A: I don't know about favorite beef partners...I beef'd with Pent and Dic the longest I guess...and both of them really take it to heart which makes me giggle like a happy little school girl. Btw Dic if you're reading this, you're a failure as a father and your daughter looks like she has down syndrome. Pent, when you read this fake your suicide yet again and make up stories about how you're going away to jail as you vanish onto an alias in your new found womb on pr.

Q: Hostile. So, in keeping with the Bad Guy theme. Which current competitors are you both in favour of and hating against right now?
    A: Well I'ma always show daps to fellow bad guy Pain, that's one of the realest dudes on here, also shouts to DK for letting me use his spot in the tourney, and as I've already shown, I'm looking forward to see what atheist brings to the table. As far as who I would love to sling camel shit upon that'd be everyone else, for lack of a reason not to sling camel shit upon them in the first place.

Q: So what are your opinions on the league in general, with the divisional format returning (with slight changes to how we work it)?
    A: I like the turn around a lot...I was one of the guys pushing for it to begin with and it's obviously great to see back to back weeks with 11+ matches...when's the last time that's happened?...plus there are some good writers in the league with all the matches getting a bunch of votes. What's not to like?

Q: Any bets on the first Champ Gauge owner?
    A: Me

Q: We shall see. Any bets on who will never win a Champ Gauge?
    A: lmao...I'd be spiteful and say you'll never get this, but there's so many heads in right now that're easier picks...and just because I hate being wrong i'll say T.a.C. never wins a gauge and probably never figures out a way to get out of his division.

ha .. I'll get mine soon .. g'luck in your quest.
    This league was never about luck, the best writers always got to the top.
    test
  11. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

XI. Competitor Profile cont.

12-16 Line KeyStyle ~ Self/RSTL Related:
    *Coming Soon/Edited In To Archive*

OutSide Of The RSTL:
    It’s funny, growing up in the projects in Brooklyn I actually didn’t have much of a taste for hip hop, I was all about the classics, from classic rock to actual classical music. I’m also very big on poetry and reading the classics which helps me put together a lot of pieces and is probably why I tend to lean towards story telling as a craft rather than topical pieces. It was only once I moved to the suburbs that I really started to understand Hip Hop more. I guess it was a scenario where while engulfed in the culture I was blind to it. Beyond all that, one thing that most people don’t know about is that I actually came over to the states as a religious refugee and I grew up through the whole struggle and now happily live the American dream. I think that contributes to why I never back down from a challenge and why I’m a very “in your face” abrasive type of person.

The Last Word:
    People will remember me however they chose to remember me. I genuinely couldn’t give two fucks either way. I’d like to give a special thanks to Dic and Pent uP for cheating me out of several titles. I’d like to give a special thanks to TekNeeK for getting the old RSTL forum locked away and hidden in oblivion thanks to which I lost a ton of verses. I’d also like to wish hateful things upon Tali’s first born for betting me that I couldn’t go 52 weeks non-stop in this league because ever since getting involved I can’t seem to abandon ship.

test
  12. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

XII. Outroduction

Another issue down and posted on my bloody birthday too.

Thanks to everyone who has given their time to the mag and those that give their time to the league in general.

Good luck this week folks.

If anyone would like to submit material to the mag then feel free to contact me:
    AIM = Lokoveli
    MSN = lokinontoyou@hotmail.co.uk
    Email = lokoproductions@hotmail.co.uk
    Or simply PM via RM.com
    test
  13. Pharaohe Def

Pharaohe Def Take a Swing

good loooking mag.

can't wait to be in it next week!
    test
  14. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good shit.

enjoyed this.
    test
  15. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

ima intervew myself and take over the mag 1 of these days

good shit here though
    ps
    in regards to my verse. each sheep in the pic represented 1 of my friends of the verse. 2 sheep 2 friends. 1 was a traitor. i didnt think it would be that complicated
    test
  16. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol .. it didn't relate to the image man .. someone could write the Jack n Jill rhyme and claim "there's 2 characters and 2 sheep in the pic" ..

but regardless .. TR gave you the point when he closed threads and I couldn't be bothered to re-over-rule him .. so you got the point ..
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i'm pretty much positive you're the only person that saw that connection.
    test
  18. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

don't be ignoring my joke of the week either .. that shit is hilarious ..
    test
  19. DaAlmightyDolla

i need 2 start doing drugs so i have something 2 blame my mentality on
    test
  20. DaAlmightyDolla

lol ahaha aww the memories
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.