[MAG] The Tribune Vol.3 : DF Issue 1

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Lucifa, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Read Scenario In First Post .. Then Cast Your Vote.

1. MC a

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MC b

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

[​IMG]

..The Tribune : Vol. 3 : DF Issue 1..

I. Introduction
    II. Weekly Poll
    III. Welcome To Worth
    IV. Got Life? Breaks Down DF:WK1
    V. Loose Cypher
    VI. TheReturn Interview With Chin Kwon
    VII. Divisional Format Feature
    VIII. Got Life? Predicts DF:WK2
    IX. Mod Balls
    X. … Of The Week
    XI. Competitor Profile
    XII. Outroduction

I. Introduction

Welcome to the first issue of The Tribune for the first week of the RSTL Divisional Format.

What a week it was too!

Activity was great to see as both a moderator and a competitor within the league. Granted, some guys only managed to post 12 lines, but even that was appreciated. Things looked good and everything went pretty smoothly. Alternates were switched with little stress and impact on the league whilst early bird points were given to a few heads and we had a few match-ups open for voting by Wednesday, something we’ve not seen for a while.

I went along to the rival topical/storytelling league of ours when the RM servers went down and just took a look at their mag and whatever, just to see how close a comp it actually was. Straight away I noticed that The RSTL was mentioned in their magazine, and I laughed out loud with what was said: “Wow @ The RSTL imploding”. Did DF:WK1 look like an implosion to you guys? We had our 3 weeks of rest bite and recovery but now shit is in full swing and far from imploding.

Keep it up guys!

II. Weekly Poll

Last week’s poll of “Love or Death?” was won by “Love”: 11-8

This week’s poll asks: “Mechanics or Content?”

MC a - solid mechanics but content wasn’t original or very interesting. Not a bad read but more because of the dope structure and flow. Great use of vocab and multi rhyming, shame about the interest level in the plot. And to keep the line minimum here I will say well done.

MC b - dope story, really fresh but damn @ how ugly to read that was. I was really in to the story and the visuals you had but it was so basic mechanically. You need to up your vocab and rhyming, but as for the story, thumbs up. And to keep the line mimimum here I will also say well done.

Vote = ????

A: MC a
    B: MC b
    test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

III. Welcome To Worth

So how are you finding it? All this points business.

I’m hoping you’re all feeling it and can have some patience while little kinks are ironed out on certain details.

The current kink we’re looking at is the whole points for alternates’ thing. Something we thought we had sorted but turned out we had crossed wires on our meanings of point breakdowns. This week, it will not change anyone’s tallies so far. The change is being made so that the alternate point now works as such:

A vs B – A shows and alternates whilst B no-shows.
    A = 1pt for no-show win.
    B = -2pts for no show.
    C vs D – same as above.
    C = 1pt
    D = -2pts
    Alternated:
    A vs. C – A wins by votes.
    Finally Tally:
    A = 2pts
    D = 0pts

So when you opt to alternate, should you get no-showed, you are now gambling that point in a “double or nothing” scenario.

Your record is kept in 2 forms. A win:loss ratio working on “current” record that includes no-show wins and losses. There is also a second record of win:loss that is strictly for recorded wins or losses by way of votes. This is done because of the alternate system and makes perfect sense. It’s not over complicated and bitching about is just bullshit.

So here’s the spreadsheet:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, Bonnie has a current record of 2-0, but she only has 1 ‘win’. Bonnie won a no-show and alternated to face a fresh opponent, so she got her win for the no-show and then she won her alternated match-up.

The divisions work on the points you earn by competing and voting. They no longer rank by the win or loss alone, as there are points that can cushion a loss (or boost a victory) so your record is not of importance in that regard. However, your record can be ‘important’ to yourself and I want to allow records to still be shown.

Both methods of recording wins and losses will be done. Like it or lump it.
    If you want to sign out because your current says 1-1 whilst your win:loss columns show 1-0, ignoring the fact the points are ranking you, that’s on you.
    Be a pussyhole.
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

IV. Got Life? Breaks Down DF:WK1

What a motherfucking week, talk about giving me a lot of shit to breakdown. Well luckily it’s fucking dead here at work this morning so let me get right into it.

Got Life? v rocket

I’ll keep this brief. Rocket continues to be a sub-par opponent writing verses that don’t flow very well, don’t connect very well, and don’t hold much interest. According to him he was once one of the better writers on the net, I can’t see it, but whichever. My verse was about a little boy so devastated by the death of his sister that he tries to keep her alive by living as her, in doing so he lures in the love of an estranged guy via the net/telephone, with the reality of it being the little boy and not his older sister only being revealed at the end. If you hadn’t read it, I just ruined the twist for you so ha.

Lucifa v MetaSin

Lucy and Meta was a match I was really looking forward to. Both times prior these guys produced some pretty nice battles and close matches, something that the match ups did not seem like they were going to offer with a lot of heavyweight writers matched up against a lot of unknowns and not really accomplished heads. What ended up happening actually went the other way. Lucy wrote a piece in which he took RSTL personalities and put them in a log cabin for the weekend in where Jook kills everyone, and then hangs his other personality while swinging on a porch. I don’t know if this is the best execution I’ve seen of this set up, but it was pretty damn good. I was cracking up through the piece and the ending was pretty fucking funny too. It’s nice to see a throwback concept like this applied properly to shy away from the bullshit of the week in / week out monotony. That’s one thing I have to give Lucy, he doesn’t really fall into a trend and consistently tries to play around with different themes/ideas. Meta on the other hand dropped 12 bars, which is just enough to consider a show. Those 12 bars didn’t even really show that much promise, I don’t know what personal issue provoked this, but I know I was talking to Meta earlier in the week and he seemed out of it. Whichever the case I hope he rebounds and I hope that Lucy continues to write on a higher level and continue to show that he’s more than just a people’s champ, but an RSTL champ after all.

Scatterboxx v sfsportsfan

When I saw this match-up on the board I was like…wow, someone must really hate sportsfan. Lets be serious, no one expected a kid that is probably the worst writer in the league right now to beat one of the most established writers in the league all time. In fact I don’t think people could have predicted a bigger land slide if they tried. The only good thing that came of this was that sportsfan promised to start trying with his verses from now on instead of just throwing things together, which was what his verse this past week definitely was. For just about anyone who’s been around topical/storytelling writing we all know that cancer pieces hang upon the imagery/emotion/and writers voice that they are presented with. Sportsfan’s was filled with clutter, a lack of clarity, and no real signs of emotion as the main character dwindled away from cancers grasp upon his throat. IT on the other hand took a bunch of topics that he threw in throughout his piece as parts of his linguistics rather than actually an adaptation around them. That’s certainly one way to use a bunch of the topics. In either case it worked as a smoother flowing piece about drugs easily overcame the jumbled mess that was Sportsfan. I hope that he does indeed start to elevate and I support his quest in that.

Bonnie v Saga

This battle showcased a struggle that no one has come to terms with in the league, do we want a smooth flowing topical about nothing or do we want a decently presented story. As far as the votes went they favored the latter. Saga wrote a smooth piece, though it didn’t really offer much except that life as we know it is fading, a sentiment shown by the last line. Had he given us the why and how, he might have gotten away with the win, instead Bonnie’s predictable rose piece was enough to get her the win as she continues to exploit the views of a “girl interrupted”.

DaAlmightyDolla v Calibre

This was a lackluster battle with two incomplete verses. Dolla has never impressed me and his piece this past week didn’t do anything to change that. On the other hand Calibre’s verse actually showed promise though his goofy ass used a topic submission rather than an actual allowable topic, and he only wrote 12 bars. What I find irritating about this is that more people voted on this battle as opposed to some of the ones actually worth reading, damn lazy fuckers.

.:pain:. v SpeedyCalhoun

I think people expected more out of this match then they came to get. The fault being SpeedyCal who has shown a lot of promise yet has been the only member of TMU that continually fails to step up to the table in the RSTL and produce solid pieces week-in, week out. Pain seemed to stick to a familiar theme of his in regards to women scorned that don’t trust men. Cal on the other hand wrote a pretty generic piece about drugs, which didn’t really capture anyone’s interest much. Pain continues to be a sleeper in the ranks due to his own lack of motivation and Speedy continues to disappoint. The earth continues to revolve and life continues to make sense.
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

IV. Got Life? Breaks Down DF:WK1 cont..

TheReturn v MC Guttso

While most people probably expected TR to come away unscathed in this match Guttso actually gave him a bit of a run for his money. On one hand you had the well crafted typical TR piece with his familiar style and friendly rhyme schemes that make him such a lovable character. His idea this week being a movie director who casts actors for rather graphic gore scenes yet upon completion of the movies the actors are never to be seen again. It was a gore piece without the gore, yet one many writers enjoyed. Guttso on the other hand took an approach to broken relationships and trends of such. Both pieces were fairly entertaining and I definitely enjoyed this battle, probably putting it as one of the closer battles of the week other than Bonnie v Saga.

nom de plume. v _KDP_

If you want to read a battle where you will have little to no clue about what either guy wrote about or if they really wrote about much, but read some good rhymes, this is the battle for you. KDP came with some solid rhyming, but outside of that didn’t really offer us much and so a lot of people were just left to wonder, why he didn’t develop the piece more. Nom on the other than just been perpetually lazy and wrote a piece about a little girl who almost gets killed by a car, but she just gets slightly hit and nothing bad happens. I unno…make up your own minds about it, but I thought that this battle was lackluster and only got a lot of votes because it was short and easy to read.

3-Planes v NOBLE SOLDIER

From Bonnie’s vote apparently Noble Soldier is not new to the league though I can’t recall having seen a verse from him in my streak in the league; regardless he showed that he is no stranger to writing. On the other hand we have 3-PA who has become a rather familiar face around the RSTL in the past few seasons and who now has recently started to show glimmers of an actual personality as well. Reflecting back to Bonnie’s vote it leads me to wonder, how many of you prefer to have a story just given to you, or do some of you actually like to use your brain a bit? Eh…on to the battle…Noble wrote a soldier piece, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything special. I guess given his name he might actually have some connection to the topic, but the actual piece felt disconnected and didn’t do much towards capturing the audience’s interest with an emotional factor or a strong writer’s voice. On the other hand you have 3-Pa’s piece which was written on a different level, with strong rhyming and a strong scheme. The piece itself focused around chasing time and at the end the character has his head severed by the hands of time. There were actually quite a few metaphors to be found in this piece and it was quite enjoyable. At the end of the day, the stronger rhyming, smoother flowing piece edged out the more generic soldier story.

Mic-illaH v Vern

After several father-son pieces last week, Mic decided that we needed one more, this time about a father that’s constantly berating his son. This piece had some really good elements to it, but it still felt detached at times either due to a lack of emotion or imagery…I guess that depended on the reader as some connected to the piece a lot more than others. Vern on the other hand wrote a piece about lies and deception, his own little propaganda piece. It was crafted pretty well and while nothing to over the top he won this match primarily for his rhyme scheme/flow and mechanics.

Chin Kwon v tbone

As Chin’s verse explains, he’ll certainly be scanning to see this part of the mag as it is about him and his battle. I think it was a pretty clever topical approach though it could have been delivered better. At the same time, this newer writer to the league continues to show more of an influx to topical writing rather than storytelling as the league continues to balance out more and more. Tbone on the other hand wrote a verse that I guess only Tbone understood as no one really followed the events in this very short yet very muddled piece. In other news, Sportsfan might just not be the worst writer in the league after all.

With that said, sorry for some of these being shorter than others, you can get a general idea for the order in which I wrote them, that and it’s 11 fucking battles, so yeah. Great week…much daps to everyone involved.
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

V. Loose Cypher

[​IMG]

An interesting week for the first run of the new divisional format, where there were a lot of blow-out results. This was down to how we matched-up competitors via top vs bottom (as with the Play-Offs), with landslides ahoy. However, this was done for a reason, as all points were reset to 0 for the start and the tables for week 2 should reflect the top competitors to bottom competitors. There were chances of upsets but there actually weren’t any and the divisions do indeed reflect how they stood ranked at week start, from Season 3’s point’s tallies. So now on to my Top 5 of the week:

For DF:WK1

Top Match: TheReturn vs MC Guttso
    This may be a surprise pick for some but there weren’t any real outstanding match-ups that jumped out at me. There were some close affairs that were thought of, like Bonnie vs. Saga, but I’ve opted for this match-up between a former Top Dog and RSTL Champ against ‘the new guy’. It didn’t go as smoothly as some would have predicted it as Guttso gave a showing for himself. I could appreciate his verse, although I wasn’t over struck on his one word rhyming choices, whilst some were voters didn’t find TR’s content so appealing. However, overall it was a decently balanced affair where TR’s storytelling ability scored the most votes. Good battle though IMO.

Top Verse: Scatterboxx : Link
    I thank people that suggested my verse for this, but I write the mag and my favourite verse of the week was from Infinite Truth, aka Scatterboxx. The seemingly effortless way in which Scatterboxx creates his verses is something else, as it’s rare that his verses don’t connect on some level, most time on many levels. His flow to this piece was silk, the read was a breeze with interesting content backing it up. Totally crushing his opponent with a trickle of a verse in comparison to the verse he was up against. Nice work.

Top Voter: Scatterboxx
    I tip my hat to a few of you this week. MC Guttso was a very close 2nd here, but I think ‘the new guy’ didn’t get the nod due to Scatt making full quota with just as good breakdowns. He didn’t just waffle on about nothing to make the 2 line minimum, he went well beyond that on the battles he voted for, which was, all the battles open. Points can be a motive, but you need the motivation to read 2 verses and break them down, and repeat for 10 links. Well deserved his +2pts.

Top Competitor: Bonnie Bathory
    Came in as a sub on a whim, after a sign-out signed out in the wrong thread and was left signed in. So we subbed her in to replace him, giving her no real chance at the early bird point. She was then no-showed but even not knowing much about much with the new format, she’d opted to alternate and we swapped her to face Saga. A good and very tight battle was had between them and Bonnie came out as the victor. 4pts of worth from a whim. Nice one Bon.

Top Dog: Got Life?
    2 weeks in a row. Lmao @ his point whoring. But seriously, he had to work for it and he has. He’s currently (Monday) on 7pts, the maximum he could achieve from last week and then today (still Monday). Stormed to the top of the red division ranks and may prove hard to catch if someone doesn’t get at him for some –pts. Fair play though Season 2 Champ, top of the pile and this week's top dog (or should that be sheep?).
    test
  6. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

VI. TheReturn Interview With Chin Kwon

TheReturn: Alright, I'm here with Chin Kwon. First and foremost, any relation to Michelle, the figure skater?
    Chin Kwon: a fan-celebrity relationship....nothing more lol
    TR: Lol, gotcha. Had to get that out of the way early. So you've been in the RSTL for a couple weeks now, what are your thoughts on the league as a whole?
    CK: I'm excited man. Bein in the same league with people who's writing i've admired for the longest time.....it's kinda surreal man. but im excited
    TR: Word, I think we've all been there and can relate to that. I understand you spend some time in the RHYME as well, how do you feel it compares to the RSTL?
    CK: i have the same level of respect for both league but in term of pure talents....i did thought rhyme had an up over us. But after the change u, Lucifer and the other cats did, suddenly i see a quick shift, in term of talents
    TR: Yeah we've definitely had a surge of sign in's for this week.
    CK: but RHYME's a cool league, good feedback and RC is one of the most partial mod i've ever seen so (tho i'm sure many will disagree lol). it has it's ups and downs lol.
    TR: Wouldn't it be impartial? Being partial is a bad thing isn't it haha?
    CK: ahhhhh typo
    CK: *Impartial
    TR: Haha, all good. I got your back RC. We building bridges not burning them son.
    TR: Anyways, Baron Mynd claims you as one of his biggest fans. Is there some truth to this?
    CK: as corny as it sounds....yeah
    CK: He was one of my main influence as far as topical go
    TR: Well, then the next logical question has to be...are you Baron?
    CK: lol! nah
    TR: He's on J o o k status when it comes to aliases, just gotta be sure haha.
    CK: man that dude is in the middle of mad contraversey
    TR: Hold on you aren't J o o k either are you?
    CK: nah son
    TR: Rofl
    TR: touche
    CKlol
    CK: no im not
    TR: Alright, well, obviously you are a new name. I know you probably won't tell us if you're an alias or not, but give us some background on what got you into online writing in the first place.
    CK: im NOT an alias. Not in the conventional sense lol. but i got into it around december. I remember it well cause it was a company christmas shit and i was bored so i logged on and look for news about rapmusic
    CK: bragginwrites came up
    CK: and, lol, i thought the name was clever (a sort of introduction to wordplay for me lol)
    TR: Haha, write/right who would've thought?!
    CK: for some reason i went for the archive and saw a whole buch of names that i didn't recognize
    CK: started reading and reading and the rest was history
    TR: It's a downward spiral after that I've found.
    CK: lol...nah im havin fun man
    TR: Fast forward a bit. You've been here for a few weeks of the seasonal format, and now you are here for the divisional format. What are you thoughts on the change?
    CK: i wasn't in the seasonal format for long but i'm very happy with the divisional. it's exciting because it's not just random matchups, it's matchups within divisions. So automatically u know the level of talent ur up against
    TR: And we lucked out being in the Blue Division, eh?
    CK: sure 'lucked out' in the loosest sense of the word
    CK: lol
    TR: Haha, fair enough. Who has impressed you the most since you've signed in?
    CK: this is going to sound crazy but, the perosn i was very impressed with was pharoah
    TR: i was actually thinking the same thing
    CK: lol, he's only dropped like 1 1/2 verse but that kid is sic!
    TR: There's people you expect to be good, so obviously they aren't as impressive, but Pharaohe came out of no where for me.
    CK: yeah, his style reminds me of u in a way
    TR: Well, I can take that compliment I suppose.
    CK: yeah i look forward to reason more of his stuff
    CK: lol, it was meant as a compliment
    CK: but let me rephrase...his style remind me of ur style lol
    TR: Guttso and Mic illaH have impressed me as well.
    TR: Well, as you may know Got Life? does a word association or writer grades to end his interviews, but TR doesn't care what you think of the lowbies. Who are your top five writers signed in right now, not counting yourself should you run into that problem, and why?
    CK: 1. TR. The normal everyday sentence rhyme structure appeals to me and there's usually always an interesting point to his/ur verse.
    TR: I do try to incorporate some philosophy at times.
    CK: 2. Vernacular. Combine flawless dictions with versatility and damn...u god Vernacular.
    TR: The best of all-time.
    CK: 3. 3pa. I've peeped him since rhyme and this kid can drop abstract and still have a tangible quality about it. dope
    TR: I can agree with that one.
    CK: 4. got life. His dark story are more than cliches, it's usually a commentary on something greater. if anything, he make my list from entertainment alone
    TR: Okay.
    CK: 5. Lucifer. Lucifer has a very simple approach to his writing. Not in a bad way but in that he's pretty clear in what he wants to say. And he usually bring his point out very well. That's what i call polished lol
    TR: Alright, there ya go.
    TR: And last but not least, who do you see making it out of each division and into the first championship match, and who do you see winning that?
    CK: in the red division, if he's able to find inspiration...Vernacular
    CK: in our division, based on my personal preference along, ima say u
    TR: Nice, more standards to live up to. Expectations to fulfill.
    TR: Lol
    CK: and the final match will be an imagery filled story with intricate plot of vern vs a well develop topical of u
    CK: lol
    TR: I prefer the story-topical hybrids, but I may bust out a full fledge topical if I make it that far. Vern can beast a topical too.
    TR: I got Lucifa vs. 3PA in the first championship.
    CK: yea his versatility is no joke man
    CK: that would be an interesting match
    CK: two cats with completely different style
    TR: Yeah, I got this feeling 3PA is about to unleash on us now that he isn't focusing on RHYME as well.
    CK: lol. u know what's ill with 3pa?
    TR: His writing?
    CK: he give so much in the verse length of like 20 bars!
    CK: i can't do that!
    TR: Not many can.
    CK: but im excited about this new change and everything looks ill
    TR: Yeah, I'm getting out of here. Thanks for the interview, Chin Kwon. Enjoy yourself in Vegas, the league will be waiting when you get back.
    CK: haha no doubt pawtna preciate the op. hope i gave u what u was lookin for
    TR: Word. TR signing off son.
    CK: 1.
    test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

VII. Divisional Format Feature

[​IMG]

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusics...73-info-rstl-divisional-format-explained.html

This is how both divisions rank now:
    [​IMG]

DF:WK2 Match-Ups:

Got Life? vs. Scatterboxx
    Lucifa vs. Vern Acular
    DeadKing vs. Bonnie Bathory
    Saga vs. T.a.C
    _millz_ vs. -Atreyu-
    Strike2 vs. RICO
    MetaSin vs. rocket

TheReturn vs. 3-Planes
    nom de plume. vs. .:pain:.
    DaAlmightyDolla vs. MC Guttso
    Mic-illaH vs. Jersey Emcee
    Retulen Reactus vs. tbone
    _KDP_ vs. SpeedyCalhoun

Next week will have some added commentary on the status of the divisions.
    When things are a little more shuffled.
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

VIII. Got Life? Predicts DF:WK2

Got Life?’s crystal ball is back bitches, my prediction your futures aren’t all that bountiful.

Got Life? vs. Scatterboxx

IT and I are 1-1 against each other, with me having the advantage as of late. My verse is already up and I like it so I’ma predict myself the victor. I’d also like to take the time out to say that I fucked IT’s mother’s sister’s cousin’s daughter in the eye socket.

Lucifa vs. Vern Acular

Vern will either show and be upset with Lucy for the 1-1 record or he’ll continue to be a little girl. Either way I think Lucy has been getting better with the past weeks and the prospect of putting a rather annoying Vern in his place will motivate Lucy to win this one.

DeadKing vs. Bonnie Bathory

I don’t think another rehashed girl interrupted piece will save Bonnie this week. She tends to go for relatability, yet being the only female in the league outside of TheReturn I doubt she gets her way and beats out DK.

Saga vs. T.a.C

Well, Saga proved that he isn’t a bum and SF might try fooling people by going in under a different name, but I honestly don’t see him jumping that much in one week unless he pays me to ghostwrite for him, so Saga with the clean sweep here.

_millz_ vs. -Atreyu-

Atreyu has signed up and no-showed for the last two years, I expect this to be much of the same, however whoever millz faces in his alternate match will have their hands full as this kid is no joke.

Strike2 vs. RICO

These are two writers on two different levels. While Strike is prolly the rustier of the two I don’t see Rico winning all that many matches, especially after reading some of the trash he tends to spew week in/week out.

MetaSin vs. rocket

I expect Meta to man the fuck up and stop being a little girl talking about other priorities as he seems to have no trouble writing for the RBL and he should wax rocket with ease this week.

TheReturn vs. 3-Planes

This is my sleeper battle; I know TR thinks he has a few good ideas on his hands however he’s just not been on point as of late. I think 3-PA takes this in the match of the week or something really fucking close to it.

nom de plume. vs. .:pain:.

Nom continues to stumble this week as Pain will edge him out, the reason being, Nom’s own failure to motivate himself to write something that the people want to read. Obscurity and poetics will be no match for raw street delivery and flow.

DaAlmightyDolla vs. MC Guttso

I began to read Guttso’s verse then decided not to spoil it, but judging from what I’ve seen from him and what I’ve seen from Dolla, I think Dolla is going to get blown the fuck up out of the Caribbean this weak.

Mic-illaH vs. Jersey Emcee

This battle screams no-show although you never know with Jersey. I think when it comes down to it this is the type of opponent that Mic-illaH should not have much problem with based on what he’s been bringing to the table these past few weeks.

Retulen Reactus vs. tbone

If Ret shows he should win this one by a mile, all things considering this is the most likely candidate for double no-show.

_KDP_ vs. SpeedyCalhoun

I would hope that Speedy stops being captain under-achiever, however if KDP actually expands upon his piece this week I’m predicting surprise upset right here with KDP actually beating out SpeedyCal in a close one.
    test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

IX. Mod Balls

[​IMG]

This week, this segment will be from our new moderator TheReturn. Settling in to his role and now he wants a word with you maggots. This is a topic I know I have written about before but it certainly needs being spoken upon again. Take it away son.

Voting

Alright, alright alright. It's TR's turn to hop on these MOD Balls.
    (No Quriosity)

Last week, I warned you faggots that if your votes weren't two full lines they wouldn't count. However, when I realized that my laptop screen is probably wider than most normal monitors, I decided it wouldn't be fair to disqualify votes simply because your screen was made for mere mortals.

In my infinite wisdom I allowed all votes, and waited until I went to work to look at the votes on a normal sized screen, and oh my FUCKING God would you have guessed the votes were STILL one and half measley fucking lines long? That's right. Some people, the likes of which include T.a.C, RICO, and tbone were multiple offenders. Which conveniently brings me to my next point.

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO WRITE TWO FULL GOD DAMNED LINES OF CRITIQUE?

A few people, Vern and Bonnie come to mind, had one vote out of their five that were maybe two words short from being two full lines, and it was these instances that forced me to allow EVERYONE's votes to count. So all you lazy fuckers can thank the accidental oversighters for my kindness last week.

HOWEVER...

This week, and from here on out, I don't care if you are one word away from the end, I will disqualify that shit SO fast. That second line better be hugged up to the margin like Got Life? is to IT's nutsack if you stop on the second line and still want it to count. DO NOT TEST ME. You better run that shit over to line three if you have to son.

Also, because of another act of faggotry, I cannot edit your posts to warn you of a vote that will not count. This means if I see one, I will simple laugh to myself until the matches are closed, DQ that shit, and subtract your precious little extra voter point that you don't deserve to have. You can thank Got Life?'s incessent crybaby bitch self for hassling Janitor to give me an infraction (a 3 pointer at that, KOBE!).

What I'm saying is, vote better, faggots. And I KNOW I will have to disqualify a vote this week from one of you lazy fuckers, and I hope to GOD that you bitch and whine when I do because I promise you I will laugh in your fucking face and link you directly to this post.

I back this statement and I’m 100% sure Quriosity backs it too.

The RSTL is a better forum to get feedback on your work than the Open Mic forum is, as people who want to progress are ‘forced’ to ‘vote’ to obtain points. With the votes comes the feedback and this is the most important factor for a lot of writers. What’s the point in writing something that is receiving no feedback? Or getting 2 replies of “this was dope .. peep my piece” as you get in Open Mic.

There are plenty of people that really do give solid and consistently written feedback to a lot of fucking match-ups. So I want to name check the cats like Q, TR, GL?, Chin Kwon, Scatterboxx, 3-Planes, Pain, nom and good looks at the new guy Guttso, cos these guys make the league ‘work’. Willing to take time and give people more like 6 lines of feed on a good showing from competitors. It’s obviously harder to critique a 12 line, unfinished verse and the writer in question obviously wasn’t too interested in the comments. However, you still NEED to meet the minimum. Just as we changed the records and ‘cheap’ wins in the rules during the seasonal format, the points will not be as ‘easy’ as some people could be thinking after WK1 and seeing Got Life? on 7pts already. He put some effort in to getting those points to this point and everyone knows he’s The RSTL IronMan lol.

I suggest you look at the divisions table and see where you stand on points.
    There were a total of 5 available (an extreme possible of 6 if someone got lucky as fuck).
    How many did you get?
    The table already reflects what the league means to certain heads.
    Those 5pts and 3pts people that showed they’re willing to put some effort in.
    What’s the excuse of –pts cats?
    Oh yeah .. they’re the names that TheReturn just shouted out.

Meh. Prove your worth?
    test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

X. … Of The Week

Honey Of The Week
    Jennifer Sky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Music Video Of The Week
    N-Dubz - Ouch

[youtube]ggBaizvyxT0[/youtube]

Random Video Of The Week
    A Star Wars Rap.
    Submitted by MC Gutsso.
    Funny Shit.

[youtube]TjTUxZOuOQ0[/youtube]

Joke Of The Week

After hearing that one of the patients in a mental hospital had saved another from a suicide attempt by pulling him out of a bathtub, the hospital director reviewed the rescuer's file and called him into his office.

"Mr. Haroldson, your records and your heroic behavior indicate that you're ready to go home. I'm only sorry that the man you saved later killed himself with a rope around the neck."

"Oh, he didn't kill himself," Mr. Haroldson replied. "I hung him up to dry."

Boom!

test
  11. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

XI. Competitor Profile

[​IMG]
    Profile of: Lucifa aka LokStok

Selected Image:
    [​IMG]

Accumulated Worth: 006pts

Link To Self-Written Proudest RSTL Verse: I Just Called TO Say

Self Reflection: I feel I am a steady and fairly solid competitor within the league with room for improvement. I think my strongest point is actually telling a story which is clear and easy enough to understand, with my weaker point being the mechanics behind that content not always being of an advanced level. I do feel I can show solid mechanics but I always favour showcasing my stories for enjoyment rather than trying to impress people with heavy vocab or strings of forced multies. I have champed the league during Season 2 for 5 weeks, defending against some solid writers and have earned some respect as a writer myself. I'm not one to get in to beefs but I did share "Beef Of The Year" with Got Life? as we clashed big time when I signed in. Now though, I'm a moderator of the league and even more than before I try not to get in to back'n'forths with competitors in some ibeef deal. I also won "The People's Champion" award and I think that reflects how chill and ifriendly I am with people.

League Reflection: I'm a somewhat late comer to the RSTL having only participated for maybe 2 weeks back in 2002. I came back after a long break from RM and thought the 're-birth' looked interesting, so I signed up. I started out just thinking I'd kill some freetime and see if I could still write rhymes and more importantly, still enjoy it. As it turned out I really got back in to it and my beef with Got Life? aside I was enjoying the environment of the forum, so my 2-3 week intended stay has turned in to months of competing. My main influences since joining, or maybe not so much 'influence' but more the writers I enjoy reading verses from are: Quriosity aka Eye-Rime, TheReturn, Infinite Truth aka Scatterboxx, Vern Acular aka vada, nom de plume. aka Alias2 and 3-Planes. There are other writers I enjoy pieces from but not quite on such a regular basis, and there's some new guys signing in to the new Divisional Format that are looking strong and have lots of potential to be all over the archives.
    test
  12. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

XI. Competitor Profile cont..

Moderator Interview: *Coming Soon/Will be edited in to Archive*

12-16 Line KeyStyle ~ Self/RSTL Related: *Coming Soon/Will be edited in to Archive*

OutSide Of The RSTL: My interests include working in Photoshop, webdesign, poker, art and videogames. I also like football (soccer) and a few other sports.
    You can visit my site (still under construction) to see my photoshops and stuff at www.lokoproductions.zxq.net (yeah, freehosting cos I'm a cheap-skate).
    Most of all though, my main thing outside of the RSTL is my son, my inspiration and anchor.
    As for my music tastes, I enjoy a lot of rap/hip-hop from both USA and UK. Artists like Eminem, Dr.Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Kano, Dizzee Rascal, Canibus, LL Cool J, Klashnekoff, D12, NWA, N-Dubz, Nas, Biggie Smalls, P.Diddy, RasKass and others have been my main-stay in the genre. I do enjoy other genres though, I enjoy R'n'B, old school D'n'B (Jungle), some House, and a bit of Pop music tbh. I loathe Happy Hardcore music.

The Last Word: Sign up to The RSTL or slap yourself.

test
  13. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

XII. Outroduction

And so a crazy week ends as an even crazier week begins, with people jumping on the bonus point image topic of 2 sheep standing in a field. Damn you people are loving the points to sacrifice using a bunch of dope topics just to claim a point via a weak image. Good luck to those that have used it, I’m pretty sure voters will get bored of reading about sheep and you better hope they aren’t fatigued and annoyed when it comes to your turn to get their feedback lol.

WK1 and the start of WK2 show how fun this new format can be and how we can have a giggle with some bonus point deals thrown in once in a while. The next ‘bonus’ point that will be available is now a few weeks away, when the Bounty Match thread happens from our first fallen Champ Match competitor landing in to a division carrying the bonus point for their opponent.

Then we’ll see about maybe another bonus point topic or some other fun way of using the points. Feel free to submit and discuss ideas about the use of bonus points in the mag thread and we’ll see what comes of it all.

So that’s that people.
    Thanks to Got Life? and TheReturn for their input.
    Also daps to Chin Kwon for his interview and MC Guttso for the vid links he submitted for the Random Vid.
    Thanks to everyone involved and working for the league in activity levels.
    Your input is rewarded via the point scheme, so stick at it and don’t let the guys that live and breathe the RSTL run away from you. The points are available to everyone; it is your own fault if you can’t be bothered to make enough votes to stay up with those that are willing to go critique and vote on everything available.
    You take advantage of the point system as you see fit.
    Prove Your Worth!

If anyone would like to submit material to the mag then feel free to contact me:
    AIM = Lokoveli
    MSN = lokinontoyou@hotmail.co.uk
    Email = lokoproductions@hotmail.co.uk
    Or simply PM via RM.com
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

up and open ..

I'm loving these self titled links ..
    test
  15. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

not bad..
    ima look at porn 2 make up 4 that x of the week
    test
  16. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol .. pm me something on a weekend and aslong as it's rm legal .. it could go in ..
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

I thought the mag was pretty damn good...nice job everyone involved.
    test
  18. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

go 2 lipstick gallery and look at the post a hotter girl thread...

plenty of material
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

or to the health and fitness forum and peep the sticky of fit chicks.
    test
  20. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

''There are plenty of people that really do give solid and consistently written feedback to a lot of fucking match-ups. So I want to name check the cats like Q, TR, GL?, Chin Kwon, Scatterboxx, 3-Planes, Pain, nom ''

that's right ret.
    i'm a good voter.
    you prick.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.