[MAG] The Tribune: Vol. 2, Issue 5, Week 7/8

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    The RSTL Tribune: Volume 2, Issue 5, Week 7/8

Table of Contents

I. Introduction
    II. Weekly Highlights (Week 7)
    III. Weekly Highlights (Week 8)
    IV. Got Life’s Breakdowns (Week 7)
    V. Got Life’s Breakdowns (Week 8)
    VI. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher (Week 7)
    VII. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher (Week 8)
    VIII. TheReturn’s Power Rankings (Week 7)
    IX. TheReturn’s Power Rankings (Week 8)
    X. The Official Rankings (Week 8)
    XI. Got Life’s Crystal Ball (Week 8)
    XII. The Official Rankings (Week 9)
    XIII. Q’s Predictions (Week 9)
    XIV. Q’s Top 3 Competitors (Week 9)
    XV. Confession of a Killa
    XVI. Outroduction

_____​

I. Introduction

Wow, these past two weeks have been packed with fun and excitement! Well, maybe I’m over exaggerating just a bit, but the league has definitely been more active with a consistently higher number of completed matches along with votes piling in and over a thousand views of the rankings thread last week. Much of the stir has been brought to you by our old and new RSTL Mascot, Lord Drama, the self indulged, self centered, self appointed best writer of the league. I honestly feel that he portrays himself lower than the respect that he has earned in his past, but that is neither here nor there. However pointless and idiotic I feel that his antics may be, his presence has sparked a rise in activity much like the Original Bad Boy’s of last season.

In other news, we have also had a string of new champs. Well, two of which are actually old champs who have regained and re-lost the titles recently. But one, in particular, the people’s champion of season I, has finally reached his potential. Actually, I retract that statement. Coming off a well deserved win by an uninspired finish by myself, Lucifa gains his first police badge, but still has much room for improvement. Most definitely a solid competitor and most definitely a solid writer, but very beatable. In a very close match up with myself, he almost fell short up until the last few minutes grabbing three votes simultaneously in the nick of time [cough]due to msn messenger[/cough]. I kid, I kid… but honestly from man to man, my verse was very beatable and not as uninspired as I would like to say being that I lost, but definitely could and should have been better. My ending was not as detailed as the bulk of the verse which caused for much confusion and left my chin wide open for jabs. Lucy capitalized with a more confusing bulk but a clearer ending, rounding off the verse with a hit or miss moral of the story. In future, you will need to do much more to retain the title or regain it. You definitely have proved your worth however and I am honored to lose to such a persistent, competitive, and creative writer as yourself. It was a well fought battle and I’ve only skimmed your verse, but you deserved it more than me. Much hungrier I believer, and I hope to see you retain it at least once. I’ll be back in four to five weeks to battle whoever is champ at the time. Good luck in the future and keep writing for yourself and making the voters conform instead.

[P.S., What the fuck does “P.S.” stand for? Oh, and I had hoped to have a new badge prototype made so that I could post it here, but I have a test to study for and this whole double issue is already more than I can handle. But I’ll get the new badges and what not sorted out in the weeks to come. Don’t worry Lucy, You’re a platinum (or whichever color I choose) writer now.]

Aside from the new champion and the lord of whining, Dougie G and TheReturn have signed out, TMU has recruited Alias2, and the RBL has once again bumped its forehead against a brick wall. Rev•••• is a legend as is Calibre, Lord Drama is bent on turning the league against him to improve the league’s morale, Got Life? is still on a diet, Lucifa’s son had sex, DaAlmightyDolla is better than ever before, and Baron Mynd continues to attempt to flood the league with multiple voting aliases. It can only get better from here folks.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II. Weekly Highlights (Week 7)

Match of the Week
    Got Life? vs Eye-Rime

Best Verse
    Eye-Rime

Worst Verse
    SpeedyCalhoun

Best Flow
    Infinite Truth

Best Story
    Sephiroth

Best Imagery
    Got Life?

Best Overall Mechanics
    Eye-Rime

Best Story Progression
    Eye-Rime

Best Voter
    Lucifa

Biggest Surprise
    Nothing really too surprising

Biggest Upset
    The no-shows
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III. Weekly Highlights (Week 8)

Match of the Week
    Got Life? vs Infinite Truth

Best Verse
    Infinite Truth

Worst Verse
    Dougie G

Best Flow
    Lucifa

Best Story
    Infinite Truth

Best Imagery
    Pain

Best Overall Mechanics
    Got Life?

Best Story Progression
    The Return

Best Voter
    Lucifa

Biggest Surprise
    Lucifa finally winning the title

Biggest Upset
    All the ultra close battles
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV. Got Life’s Breakdowns (Week 7)

Short and sweet this week…

Championship Match:
    1. Got Life? 15-4
    2. Eye-Rime 3-0

Well the champ match wasn’t really all the bells and whistles that everyone expected. The reason for this is pretty simple. I didn’t deliver. Sure I gave a verse that was pretty good, but it didn’t have that fire, which was missing because I wrote about a purely mindless event of pretty intriguing gore. Q’s verse wasn’t much better with a lot of filler and terribly forced rhyming, but his use of actually delivering a story with the gore was enough to get him past me for a second time. I hope this is not a staple of champ matches to come.

5. Sephiroth 3-3
    6. Dougie G 3-3

This really shouldn’t merit much of a breakdown. Dougie G cried about me picking on him and wrote his most lackluster verse yet. Seph on the other hand flipped a topic that Lucifa threw out there about the whole Fast and Furious ordeal on some I will not sell out as an artist type of deal which was a smooth and enjoyable read.

7. Cereal Killer 1-0
    8. DeadKing 1-0

A lot of people were looking forward to these two facing off and they brought an interesting match to the table. CK used his darker roots to talk about a brooding of suicide though in a rather poetic matter that I thoroughly enjoyed. On the other hand DK really took the fast and furious topic to heart and wrote about a really tricked out car and he really got into it. For the Dougie G’s out there…DK shows how you can use simple rhyme schemes effectively.

9. Apogee 5-4
    10. SpeedyCalhoun 1-0

This was kind of a let down. Hometown favorite Speedy was expected to fly past Ap, but Speedy’s heart wasn’t in it this week dropping a half hearted verse about writers block which didn’t really hold much weight against a much more polished piece from Apogee via the writers voice of a baby asking not to be aborted. While not all of the images were pristine in clarity Ap did enough to lure in the readers and provide for an entertaining verse from his side of the chopping block.

13. MetaSin 3-1
    14. Stars€reen 0-3

Who hasn’t beaten Starscreen…I mean really, the kid has terrible focus with just about every piece he writes and now he’s gone. The departure of StarScreen solidifies Dougie G’s grasp on being the worst writer in the league though so at least I get a chuckle out of that. Meta wrote an emotionally charged piece that had him winning by a mile in voters eyes…really not a big shocker here.

21. Infinite Truth 0-0
    22. MrMister 0-0

If both of these guys were closer to their prime, this would still have been a blow out, but one hell of a fucking battle, instead we got a lackluster one. IT wrote some slightly abstract shit that didn’t really do anything for the topic at hand and honestly just flowed smooth with a solid scheme. MrMister on the other hand had a more clever approach to a more interesting topic, but entirely missed on the delivery of a paranoid mime.

Not a bad week, though in comparison to the week prior it wasn’t all that special.
    And with that in mind…get to writing…cocksuckers.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V. Got Life’s Breakdowns (Week 8)

Championship Match:
    1. Eye-Rime2 4-0 (New Champ)
    2. Lucifa 16-5

Well this battle was good, but it wasn’t great to me. I think both of you failed at different aspects and it wasn’t the caliber of writing both of you are capable of. Lucifa wrote a piece that stemmed upon a conversation between two brothers, who end up being killed by their other brother. The story was a little confusing and required a couple reads through to get the full clarity, but the ending was enjoyable to me at least, others hated it, you never know. Q on the other hand wrote about a man reading a book authored by his father and upon completion he blows himself up. Q actually suffered from what I did last week, a case of writing about completely mindless death. There just wasn’t enough to this piece to hold down the crown for Q.

7. MetaSin 4-1
    8. LDogg 1-1

It seemed like several people were in comedic moods this week. LDogg came out with a piece I’m sure he thought was awfully brilliant as he picked on Q and others in his RSTL inspired cabin’o’death. Personally I found the read very dry and only a couple small points worthy of a chuckle. MetaSin on the other hand had a piece about going nuts after his girl aborted his child. Something that more than enough of us can relate to and the emotion and proximity of the story hit close to home for enough people to get him the win and pull him into the contender match for the second time.

11. IT 1-0
    12. Got Life? 15-5

Honestly I thought I had a bye week, but surprise surprise. IT woke the fuck up out of his slumber this week and came with what was probably the verse of the week though I still feel that I out-wrote him, there was just a lot of comedic value and enjoyable drug influenced craziness found in this piece. Where else will you read about a skeleton with it’s skull on fire atop a unicorn, both of them getting shanked with a swiss army knife. It just doesn’t happen and IT definitely demonstrated his creativity. I on the other hand had an intertwined piece showing the struggles of love within a family plagued by suicide and death. At the end of the day though, IT ran off with the win. To me this was the match of the week.

13. Dougie G 3-4
    14. Cereal Killa 1-1

Honestly I don’t think this merits a breakdown as Dougie G technically no-showed being that 13 lines isn’t enough to really show…but I let it slide this week considering Dougie has been a royal twat as of late. CK wrote a pretty fun piece about a drug addicted movie producer who ends up proving the cost of his love for his wife by hanging her with a $1000 belt. Short and sweet, this was lopsided as a motherfucker.

15. Speedy Calhoun 1-1
    16. MrMister 0-1

MrMister hasn’t had much luck since his return to the RSTL, getting beat up his first week by IT and then this past week catching a rejuvenated Speedy. Personally I though Mr.’s piece was clever with an interesting way to approach a religion theme, but it didn’t go over well. Speedy on the other hand played off the joint “hip hop saved my life” except his character was saved by his job at the postal service. Honestly it didn’t really work for me, but whatever’s clever.

17. TheReturn 11-2
    18. Pain 3-1

Well, the price of the river of sorrow falters this week. TR might have thought that his whole poker and sexual tryst was rather clever and compelling however most people in the league did not agree and related better to the crystal meth inspired piece by pain that spoke about the cold dark gloom that follows. It was a case where strong emotion and strong imagery overshadowed something enjoyable, but of a lesser caliber in writing. Definitely a better showing than their first encounter, however Pain tramples TR this week.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher (Week 7)

[​IMG]

Loose Cypher: A Few Words

It seems to always happen. We have a really exciting and upbeat week with quality verses, plenty of voting, hardly any no-shows and an overall positive feel. Then, the following week, some kind of fatigue kicks in and things go real quiet. So with last week being a bumper week and this one being just a normal, steady, run of the mill week, I’m going to focus my ramblings for this mag on the whole no-show and extension issues we suffer every week.

I shall start with the no-show phenomenon that hurts every league. The internet is not life. Some of us happen to work on or around computers all day, with writing rhymes being a passion we pursue in our free time. Some weeks, that free time will not be as much as other weeks and this is understandable. However, some people seem to sign in to the RSTL with no real conviction of even trying to post a verse. The problem is, even forcing check-in posts to be made, does not ensure that person will show with a verse. It’s fucking shitty to spend time writing a verse of anything up to 64 lines only to have the opponent completely blank the match-up. I’m fully backing GL?’s enforcement of punishing the persistent no-showers and hope that it does work toward keeping those that decide to take time to sign up to the league, to actually make good on that request by turning up when required. We all write our verses with a want of the other members to leave feedback, breakdown our verses, and ultimately vote. This can’t happen when your opponent no-shows, which also means that person only has to make 2 votes which has a knock on effect to the rest of the league. So if you sign up, show up! If you know someone on aim/msn in the league that hasn’t even checked in to their battle, just send them a quick message to prompt them.

Now my 2 cents worth on the whole “extension granted/declined” situation we see every week. Dougie G gets a mention again this week, as he once again has had to deal with the, not always crystal clear, way that extensions are worked. I repeat, the internet is not life and some weeks are busier than others, so sometimes the 24 hour extension is required. Some people though, seem to want this extension every single week, with some extensions being stretched well in to the weekend. For me, this isn’t on. I, (and I assume ‘we’), understand and appreciate that extensions are there for a reason and will be needed by any of us at any given time. I just hope the mods start to tighten up on the repeat ‘offenders’ that slow down the league too often. However, for people to decline an extension of 24 hours is pretty lame, unless it’s someone with a track record of no-showing even with extensions. It is understandable that you could feel you won on technicalities and then you are chancing a defeat by granting your opponent extra time, so feel like you should just keep the win you ‘earned’ by showing on time. The catch 22 is that once you refuse that extension, you’re back to the 1st rant I made about no-shows.

To sum up what has been a long winded Loose Cypher (apologies), the thing with no-shows and extensions is, they are unavoidable. There will almost certainly be atleast 1 no show and/or 1 person asking for an extension. If we can keep that number to a low denominator then the RSTL will be fine, but even with them, people need to accept that it happens and try to buck the trend by showing themselves, on time, and also encouraging other competitors to do the same. Until next week, here’s MY Top 5..

Lucifa's Verse Of The Week

-Sephiroth-
    This guy is making the Loose Cypher list at a consistent rate, yet I still have no idea who he is or what he’s about. This week, Seph took a topic I submitted, about a Fast & The Furious soundtrack, and he flipped the topic to great effect. Instead of doing what DeadKing did, which was a really enjoyable piece in itself, Seph decided to take the 1st part of the topic and tell a story. Executed with flair and meaning. The feeling of selling out to the industry to promote something he doesn’t believe in, was portrayed well with some nice moral fibre lyrics throughout the piece.

Lucifa's Runner-Up Verse

Eye-Rime
    Not far from taking my top spot this week, is the guy ready to claim ‘the’ top spot this week. Yes, Eye-Rime is the champ, taking the title away from Got Life? with a disturbing thriller of a verse that was creepy as fuck to read. The imagery and panic within his verse created unease for the reader, knowing the woman was going to die, as no sign of hope was given in the verse. Her fate was one of predictable yet surprising quality, as she was destined to be a corpse yet the fucked up nature of the origami boats made from skin was on par with some of GL?’s previous ideas. Chilling and gripping. Really nice verse fitting of a champ title winner.

Completing The Top 5 (in no particular order)

Got Life?
    The champ suffered from a lack of ‘something’ this week. I can’t say that he ‘choked’ because he is always confident no matter who the opponent, but this verse wasn’t up there with his better work. However, I really feel there was still plenty of enjoyment to take from the verse he produced for the champ match against Q. It too went for the dark and sadistic material we’ve come to know and half expect from GL?, it was just written with less malice and engagement than Q’s piece happened to. A good effort to try and retain the title but it fell short of the winning milestone.

Bodian
    I read that Baron was coked up and drunk when he keyed his “what makes a man” piece this week. Posted it early and ended up taking a no-show win for his efforts. These efforts are worth a nod of credit though, as this verse was a really nice read with a good job done on finishing his lines with the same multi throughout the verse. A hard thing to do without feeling too repetitious on the reader, but it was also helped by some really good, effective content. A pleasurable read.

Alias2
    The Rumba Raver was another member to drop really early in the week, and yet another to win via no-show. My guess is that Con saw the verse and didn’t feel confident about competing against it, because nothing Con has written to date would match up to Alias2’s poetic approach to his verse this week. Some great emotional work pressed forward the turmoil of his character, along with a smooth and easy to follow scheme/structure that, although not conventional, worked.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher (Week 8)

[​IMG]

Loose Cypher: A Few Words

I’m currently 5-1 up in the Championship match and not wanting to tempt fate, I’m feeling confident that there isn’t enough voting due, to swing this to 5-6, hence I am going to type this under the impression, I am Champ. It feels good to say that. Not because I’m egotistical and want to throw a title in my sig, but because of what I see and get from being involved in the league. Without wanting to make this feel like a ceremonial speech, I would like to use the Loose Cypher this week to thank some people. Members that inspire me to come back to rm.com on an almost daily basis and those that have encouraged the desire to write and improve what I’m writing.

Q – The name I recognized amongst all these ‘strangers’ on my return and he was moderating the RSTL, with me seeing that the Open Mic forum was a ghost town, I figured I’d join on the weight of his name (for me). Q is one of the top writers within this league’s history, so to win the title against him will be a really good personal note for me.

Alias2 – I owe my new style that has received great feedback, to Alias. He sent me a short story he was writing for a Uni project and I was taken by the presentation of it. “That could just work in rhyming form” I thought to myself. So it has proven, but I also thank him for the msn feedback on concepts etc.

IV – I will thank IV again for the PM which had the knock on effect of allowing something or somebody to influence ‘my style’. Searching for a better way to tell my stories and raise my ‘mechanics’ level a bit.

Got Life? – Who’d have thought I’d thank this mother fucker? I do though, as although he never got under my skin, he was a big influence on me coming back week after week in the beginning. I think our beef was (or should be seen as) one of those “good” beefs for the league in general, that Q mentioned this week. He’s accepted that I’m not some shit writer and that’s good enough for me to drop any so called beef. There’s a mutual respect now but he still keeps me on my toes and entertained.

TheReturn – There’s some good writers in the league at present and as much respect as I give to anyone, I still see TheReturn as the best writer in the league right now. He’s currently losing to Pain, but Pain pulled one out the bag this week to be fair. Although Alias2’s story influenced my approach to a verse, TR’s structure and presentation has also been a huge influence on how I want my verses to look and read. Mucho respect Jedi.

I’d also like to give a shout out to a few people like SpeedyCalhoun, DaAlmightyDolla, MetaSin, Sephiroth, LDogg and Baron, amongst others, but those names stand out most for me personally, as they also impress and inspire me with their writing at times.

So now, something the mag hasn’t seen for a while. The Champ’s Top 5 Verses.
    *prays that it doesn’t all go pear shaped on Sunday*

Lucifa's Verse Of The Week

Infinite Truth
    I flipped a coin between IT and 3-Planes because both warrant this position. IT’s verse was very unconventional in structure but how he worded this story was a real pleasure to read. The subtle complexity is a nice feature to IT’s writing and this week it all felt like it clicked. It was a funny and extremely far fetched story but at the same time, I was there, watching this scene play out like it could be real. A very entertaining verse.

Lucifa's Runner-Up Verse

3-Planes
    3-Planes brought some heat to that 3 way, the way it needs to be done as you are against 2 verses and have grab the readers attention more. As it turned out, neither of his opponents showed and this really tidy, well presented, mechanically spot on piece of writing got wasted. I almost gave this top spot for the extra limelight to counter the no-show feeling, but IT’s capture of my imagination just beat your impressive display of texting a verse.

Completing The Top 5 (in no particular order)

DaAlmightyDolla
    Another no-show verse here. I point out, again, these latter 3 are not in rank order, but I continued the no-show theme here. This verse wouldn’t be for everyone, and I’m sure some of you may feel you deserve this spot over DAD’s verse. However, I really enjoyed the feel of it being a story I was reading, even though it had a hook. Worth peeping if you haven’t already.

Eye-Rime
    Ah, my foe for the week, Q. A solid showing by the current champ and I’m glad I went with my 1st choice verse (Champ In Limbo Sonnet in Open Mic being the 2nd). I’d have lost if I’d have gone with the personal feeling on trying to be champ concept, as Q gave a good story that made good use of the image he chose. Mechanics were nothing short of spot on. One of my Top 5 verses of the week and I happen to be beating it *proud* .. lol.

Pain
    Best verse from Pain that I have read in my opinion. Showcased what he’s been saying for weeks in the best format and style to date. Although Pain doesn’t seem to want to embrace the storytelling aspect to writing, you can’t deny that he can present a really enjoyable topical piece. Mechanics are an area for improvement, if I was to be critical, but building from a solid foundation.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII. TheReturn’s Power Rankings (Week 7)

RSTL Week 8 Power Rankings
    Courtesy of TheReturn

Well we got a new number one, a legend falls from the top 10 (RIP Dougie) and some major shifting in the rankings this week thanks to people not showing and others doing their thing. Not much to say, so here we go.

The first number listed is what the writer is currently ranked, the number in parenthesis is what the writer was ranked last week, followed by the writer's name, the points they received, and what happened in the past week that justified the change.

TheReturns Power Rankings for Week 8

1. (3) Eye-Rime a.k.a. Kid Phikshen (36.6 points) - Let's hope this season proves luckier for people trying to defend the title so that I won't have to run off four defenses in a row again and show y'all how it's done. Q takes back the crown where he looks to improve his percentage time spent in the number one spot.

2. (1) Got Life? (34.6 points) - Due to a high vote margin and facing opponents with lots of wins, Got Life? had enough wiggle room to remain at number two after his champ match loss.

3. (2) Lucifa a.k.a. LokStok (26.6 points) - A no show win and a good week from Eye-Rime saw Lucy fall a spot to number three even after a win. Not really fair, but if he can pull off a title win he should be the outright number one for next week.

4. (4) MetaSin (20.3 points) - Rebounding after losing the champ match, Meta made quick work of StarsCreen to hold steady at the number four spot.

5. (n/a) Bodian (13.7 points) - Baron signing back in to a no show win gets him into the middle of the pack at number five.

6. (n/a) Deadking (13.1 points) - A close win over Cereal Killer, Deadking finds himself at number six, and probably would have been in the top ten last week if I had noticed I didn't have him in the rankings. Apologies, sir.

7. (n/a) TheReturn (11.4 points) - Back like Jordan, baby.

8. (n/a) .:pain:. (10.6 points) - Another new sign in with enough clout built up from previous matches to keep him in the top ten without winning a battle the previous week.

9. (n/a) Sephiroth (8.4 points) - The up and comer, RBL champion, and Dougie crusher finally breaks into the top ten where he looks to continue his streak to the top.

10. (5) Daht Cahm (7.3 points) - Edging out DAD by 0.1 point, Daht Cahm rounds out the top ten after a no show loss to Lucifa.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX. TheReturn’s Power Rankings (Week 8)

Coming soon…
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X. The Official Rankings (Week 8)
    ----- The Official RSTL Rankings & Lounge -----
    WEEK EIGHT

------------------------------

Championship Match:
    2. Lucifa 16-5

Contendership Match:
    3. Sephiroth 4-3
    4. DeadKing 2-0

The Rest of the Pack

5. Apogee 6-4
    6. DAD 7-5

7. MetaSin 4-1
    8. LDogg 1-1

9. Alias2 1-1
    10. Bodian 3-0

11. IT 1-0
    12. Got Life? 15-5

13. Dougie G 3-4
    14. Cereal Killa 1-1

15. Speedy Calhoun 1-1
    16. MrMister 0-1

17. TheReturn 11-2
    18. Pain 3-1

19. Smoke Trail 2-3
    20. Master Peace 0-0

21. Jersey Emcee 0-0
    22. 3-Planes 0-0
    23. Mariah Noelle 0-0​
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI. Got Life’s Crystal Ball (Week 8)

Championship Match:
    2. Lucifa 16-5

There’s something roaming atop the rankings, I think it’s a black plague of sorts and this week I see Q coming down with it. As everything in his life mounts a top his inadequate shoulders the new champ falters and stumbles dropping and finally allowing Lucifa to claim that oh so shiny piece of tin that he has so long for climbed. The mark of a true RSTL champion; Lucifa wins be a clean sweep.

Contendership Match:
    3. Sephiroth 4-3
    4. DeadKing 2-0

Seph continues to get high applause from Lucifa and when it really comes down to it pretty much everyone follows the voting trend of everyone’s favorite Devil. If Seph wins Lucifa’s vote he wins this battle, though expect DeadKing to have a few tricks up his sleeve; DeadKing wins by 3.

5. Apogee 6-4
    6. DAD 7-5

Apogee is the kind of cat that some of you clowns just don’t understand. The problem with predicting how he’ll do against DAD is that DAD is just awkward and probably the most inconsistent writer the league has seen in a very long time. I predict that Apogee wins by 2 votes.

7. MetaSin 4-1
    8. LDogg 1-1

This is probably one of those battles that is going to turn some heads. MetaSin pretty much has the same style that LDogg tends to run with and both of them have a pretty consistent basis or origin from where their ideas base off from. From what I saw both were happy with the topics and I think this one will come down to the wire, but I’ll give it to MetaSin by 2 votes because LDogg will not come hungry enough to be in the contender match next week.

9. Alias2 1-1
    10. Bodian 3-0

In the first battle of the brits nothing but pride was at stake and well, not surprisingly Baron I’m motherfucking everywhere Mynd managed to take the crown besting some dancing queens. This week in a re-unification bout that misses head cheer leader Lucifa, Baron makes quick work of an uninspired Alias2 and solidifies his hold on that gay fucking island these two kids call home.

11. IT 1-0
    12. Got Life? 15-5

It’s never fulfilling to defeat a fellow hooligan because unfortunately one Hooligan has to drop in the rankings. Honestly in my 100+ weeks here I can’t recall losing twice in a row more than once and the likely hood of that happening and IT showing two weeks in a row might be enough to signify both the apocalypse and the next coming of Jesus. IT threatens to show and I have given out some of my better ideas to writers based on my prediction that IT is a bluff, but regardless if IT shows, this will be the real battle everyone should glue their eyes upon. Got Life? wins, the verdict, unanimous.

13. Dougie G 3-4
    14. Cereal Killa 1-1

Nothing puts a smile on my face more than watching someone that is generally speaking a piece of shit get stomped on as they continue to plummet. Dougie tried to take the easy road and didn’t want to give Sephiroth a fair chance and the ability to post a verse, for his sneaky bullshit he was punished. This week he will fare no better as CK will not lose to someone who’s rhyme scheme takes a second place seat to that of Dr. Seuss. CK wins, the verdict, unanimous. If Q votes for Dougie G randomly again, he will be a shoe-in from my book for Dick Riding Voter of the season. That shit is atrocious.

15. Speedy Calhoun 1-1
    16. MrMister 0-1

Speedy promises to return to form this week and MrMister isn’t quite back in form yet as he showed some definite rust vs IT last week. Speedy Cal takes this one in my book and he does so with some flair, winning by a landslide.

17. TheReturn 11-2
    18. Pain 3-1

TheReturn posted a verse that I honestly couldn’t care for. If it was me battling him, he’d be hanging up another L on that pretty name of his, but Pain tends to write for himself and not for votes. Still my gut tells me that Pain should pull this one out and advance on up. Pain wins by a vote.

19. Smoke Trail 2-3
    20. Master Peace 0-0

Honestly this shouldn’t be a close match, as Master Peace is a much more polished writer, but considering the fact that he’s caught an L to Dougie G, you never know what the hell to expect in this league anymore. MP wins by 3 votes.

21. Jersey Emcee 0-0
    22. 3-Planes 0-0
    23. Mariah Noelle 0-0

I predict that Jersey will no-show as he’s ghost again and I’m sure he has no idea verses are due Thursday because that cat simply refuses to read. 3-Planes will either show or not. Mariah Noelle will definitely no show however after her incessant bitching, proving yet again that she’s a worthless dumb cunt. If the match takes place, 3 Planes wins with no votes thrown in favor of the other mongrels in this battle.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII. The Official Rankings (Week 9)

----- The Official RSTL Rankings & Lounge -----
    WEEK NINE

------------------------------

Championship Match:
    1. Lucifa 17-5 (New Champ)
    2. DeadKing 3-0

Contendership Match:
    3. DaAlmightyDolla 8-5
    4. MetaSin 5-1

The Rest of the Pack

5. Bodian 4-0
    6. Infinite Truth 2-0

7. Cereal Killa 2-1
    8. Speedy Calhoun 2-1

9. Pain 4-1
    10. 3-Planes 1-0

11. Apogee 6-4
    12. LDogg 1-2

13. Alias2 1-2
    14. Got Life 15-6

15. MrMister 0-2
    16. TeKneeK 5-2

17. Linxz 0-0
    18. Defcon_5 0-0

19. Life Support 0-0
    20. Blazin' 0-0

21. Insense 0-0
    22. Chapter II 0-0
    23. 4th Dimension 0-0​
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII. Q’s Predictions (Week 9)

Championship Match:
    1. Lucifa 17-5 (New Champ)
    2. DeadKing 3-0

Lucifa -2

I know that his verse is up already and would aid my prediction greatly, however I don’t plan on reading it until both verses are posted and I am ready to vote and/or critique. But, my gut tells me that Lucy can pull this out. Or maybe its my head, because I believe in him and would really like to see this guy defend his long sought title at least one week. Especially being the writer who stole my chance of a defense. Deadking is a new name to me, and I have yet to be truly impressed by his writing, although I’m not sure if I’ve read more than one verse from him. But a fast and the furious script just won’t cut it this week. I predict both writer their hearts out and the battle comes down to the wire just as last week’s, but the ex-people’s champ will pull through by at least 2 votes.

Contendership Match:
    3. DaAlmightyDolla 8-5
    4. MetaSin 5-1

Metasin -3

Sorry DAD, and although you seem to be renewed and hungry, I’ve honestly never been a fan of your writing. I think this will be a well fought battle and hopefully if DAD doesn’t go off on multiple tangents, this could actually be his battle being that I know he really wants that title shot against Lucy. But Meta has proved to be a more consistent and captivating writer in recent weeks and I just think he’ll shine with a simple and thought provoking plot accompanied with steady progression, a good flow, and good imagery. DAD will lose due to excess creativity and bad mechanics. Good luck to both and this could honestly go either way, but my gut says Meta by at least 3 votes.

5. Bodian 4-0
    6. Infinite Truth 2-0

IT -1

Closer than some may believe, and although I think IT might be the better writer, his creativeness will easily become his downfall here. Both have a band of voters who warm to each writer’s style respectively and this will be a battle to the wire. If both show, which I’m almost certain at least Baron will, this could easily become the match of the week. However, my gut still says that IT has the experience to realize what it takes to win here and I definitely don’t doubt the talent of neither competitor. Bodian will post a long dragging verse with stretched lines but full of multiple rhymes while IT will keep it short and sweet with a quick rhythmic pattern and draw the attention of the reader closer. Infinite Truth wins here by at least a vote or two.

7. Cereal Killa 2-1
    8. Speedy Calhoun 2-1

Speedy -2

CK is a cool character, but his writing has yet to truly impress me. Sure he has talent, but I see him falling short here with a rocky flow and big words making for a somewhat abstract aura but essentially a bunch of mumble jumble. Speedy will capitalize with smooth flow and transitions and overall a better story. Both have enough to win here, but my gut says Speedy by at least two votes.

9. Pain 4-1
    10. 3-Planes 1-0

3-Planes -3

Pain is inconsistent as of late. Not so much with his writing but with the opinions of his writing. It’s hit or miss and if he doesn’t switch up the content of his plots, this week will definitely be a miss against a very formidable opponent. Great match up here but I see Pain spending little time on his verse thus producing another topical with a smooth flow about a generic topic whereas 3-Planes will capitalize with a refreshing style to the RSTL community. 3PA by three.

11. Apogee 6-4
    12. LDogg 1-2

LDogg -4

Honestly, he is clearly the better writer. Coming off a loss in which he greatly deserved, I hope he recuperates quickly and capitalizes off last weeks mistakes. The big font irks me, but LDogg’s biggest downfall is his ideas. He is a good enough writer to match anyone but his ideas are very hit or miss. A bad idea along with stretched lines equals a loss. Apo however, has yet to prove his worth but is definitely worth not underestimating. He is also a good enough writer to kick anybody when they’re down, but if LDogg really focuses on writing and less on making a public statement, he should take this one fairly easily. LDogg in a landslide.

13. Alias2 1-2
    14. Got Life 15-6

Got Life? -1

Uh oh, two tough competitors, although records only reflect one as such. Alias2 is a misunderstood writer with a lot to say while GL? has a formula for success. With many gore inspired topics and pictures, I see GL? capitalizing here and ensuring that he doesn’t lose three in a row. Alias definitely has what it takes, but if his verse reflects that, or if the voters adapt to his style is another story. If Lucy votes for GL?, then Alias is doomed. I’ll say Got Life? by at least a vote.

15. MrMister 0-2
    16. TeKneeK 5-2

Tek -2

MrMister wasn’t very impressive and neither is his record. Tekneek is a good writer when he needs to be and although a bit rusty, I think he has the mechanics to beat the opposition here. The stories will both be uninteresting and uninspired, but Tekneek will have the better written story thus coming off with a W. I’ve got Tek by at least two votes.

17. Linxz 0-0
    18. Defcon_5 0-0

Even

I don’t know Linxz and I’ve never read a story/topical from Def. Therefore I’m blind here, but I’ll go with Def simply because I hope he’s good being that I’ve been in crews with this guy and I used to kick it in hookups with him.

19. Life Support 0-0
    20. Blazin' 0-0

Even

I’ve obviously heard of Blazin’ but I’ve never read anything from either competitor. Another blind vote, But I’ll say Life Support no shows, so Blazin’ wins.

21. Insense 0-0
    22. Chapter II 0-0
    23. 4th Dimension 0-0

Even

Blind. Insense sports the 2x champion signature so I assume that he has talent. Chapter II will most likely no show and 4th Dimension is an interesting name. I’ll go with Insense because he seems to know what it takes to win and may very well be the only to show.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIV. Q’s Top 3 Competitors

[3] Lucifa | I placed you at the bottom mainly because I hope that you will do all that it takes and yet at the same time you’ve already posted and its Tuesday morning which leads me to believe that not only is your verse vulnerable to a “read and write what it takes” but that you haven’t done everything necessary to ensure that this is the best possible verse that you can write for the week. I have yet to read it but I’m sure that its still entertaining and that you are more than hungry enough to defend and therefore you are definitely one of the top competitors. Good luck.

[2] LDogg | Because you seem to have something to prove and if you lose here, it would be a mockery. Normally, I would say that you wouldn’t have to try but so hard against Apogee, but as is you’ve probably amped him up and seeing as how you’ve damn near took a shit on his chin, a loss here would be unacceptable. Therefore you will do whatever it takes to keep your word. Also coming from a loss in which you feel was undeserved, I look to see you capitalize off last week’s mistakes and hopefully write a real story and reclaim and bit of that respect that once earned. Good luck.

[1] Got Life? | Coming off a loss from his stepfather, Got Life? will look to climb the ranks in a frantic hurry. Boasting to have never loss three in a row (and last week I think it was two in a row) he will write his heart out and produce a groundbreaking verse here. Though Alias2 is a much more formidable opponent than Dougie G was, I expect him to take the same precautions and produce at the same caliber as last season. A solid writer dropping to the bottom fast, but hopefully he can pick it up here (although last week was still a good showing). Even if he loses, I see him making the Loose Cypher easily as I am sure he will do what he thinks it takes to win. Good luck.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XV. Confession of a Killa

Got Life?: whaddup cousin
    Cereal Killa: howdy nikka
    Got Life?: got time for an interview?
    Cereal Killa: yeh dude
    Got Life?: word
    Got Life?: Ladies and Gentlemen...fuck your mothers...this week...an interview special with the Hooligan from down under...
    Got Life?: How goes it brother?
    Cereal Killa: yeh pretty sweet mate how does u
    Got Life?: Enjoying the bye week...hectic at work...trying to get this masters program wrapped up
    Cereal Killa: nice nice
    Got Life?: so you've been around here and there...what'd you think of the league as of right now?
    Cereal Killa: ima def fan.. trying to ignore all rumours n looking past all the minor beef poppen up its fairy decent
    Got Life?: True...you must be well rested this week though knowing you have Dougie G...how do you expect to do this week?
    Cereal Killa: pretty good got this fair concept to one of the pic topics chosen
    Got Life?: Fair enough...so what inspires you as a writer, most people notice the dark themes and poetic vibes, but where does it stem from?
    Cereal Killa: a misslead childhood of eating paintchips n sniffing my grandmas panties.. lol no on serious note a rough past n alot of drug come downs
    Cereal Killa: there is so much vile shit on the news aswell its just hard to look past it sometimes
    Got Life?: I feel you, I'm no stranger to the dark and gory road...but you know you sniffed some panties in your day you sick fuck...lol
    Got Life?: so there's been a lot of debate in week's past as to what people look for in a piece they read...so what does it for you as not only a writer, but a reader?
    Cereal Killa: i'm into originalty and delivery of story
    Cereal Killa: if it's smoothly writen i think a piece def does stand out
    Cereal Killa: after that i look for internal rhymes but as of late there isnt too much of that happening writers are more into shorter lines instead
    Cereal Killa: but its all cool still some nice readings
    Got Life?: Yeah, it's funny how things change...I use to really champion the short bar structure and use to catch flack for it...now it seems like the trendy thing to do.
    Cereal Killa: for sure
    Cereal Killa: i've tried it a few times but in the end i always go over the line limit
    Got Life?: yeah, what works for some doesn't always work for all
    Got Life?: so who do you think is your biggest competition in the league today?
    Cereal Killa: 3pa or TR atm
    Got Life?: I'm interested, why 3PA, he hasn't really ever stayed in the league long enough to be a force to reckon with
    Cereal Killa: i've seen some of his pieces over at pr n the dudes got talent
    Cereal Killa: give him a fe weeks over here n he'll make his mark
    Got Life?: I've seen him here for a few weeks, seems to have the talent, but never goes all out with it, but that's the case for many writers
    Got Life?: Who's writing do you absolutely hate though?
    Cereal Killa: I gotta say barons style in writing the same end sounding rhymer for like 8 bars plus inners starts to get boring... out of the 5 or so verses i've seen him do it, only one about graffiti did he pull it off with still using good vocab
    Cereal Killa: though saying that i dont haet is writing just a certain style he sometimes does can come off as dragging on
    Got Life?: Truthfully I didn't expect that answer, but I can see where you're coming from...Q drives me insane with his formulaic blocks of writing with terribly forced rhymes
    Cereal Killa: lol i think his strong poetic wording is what pulls him through as a writer.. n his word choices show his got intelligence which is always a plus for me as a reader
    Got Life?: vocab to try and show intelligence can be rather misleading...take immortal technique for example...i've never spoken to a more ignorant human being
    Cereal Killa: lol yeh some people just cant talk on the spot they need time to re-word thet want to say so it delivers the punch they want
    Got Life?: I unno...I'm a pretty obnoxious person...but I know what I want to say and say it when I want.
    Got Life?: As far as the league goes though...anything you'd like to see happen or change?
    Cereal Killa: im starten to like the whole adding audio to it but at the same time if it never happens ill still stay
    Cereal Killa: umm plus i cant wait til we get a top twenty section again
    Got Life?: yeah, i'd love to see more people in the league, but the era of text has certainly declined...as for audio...that whole thing crumbled...most likely because Tek was at the helm, but I don't see that happening any day soon
    Cereal Killa: yeh me either turthly its just for certain verses.. if i popped some speed ina glass of turkey n drop n audio it might help how i want my flow to come across
    Cereal Killa: but i write for myself so either way im happy whether its understood or not
    Cereal Killa: so its all good
    Got Life?: Fair enough, can't blame you there
    Got Life?: so who do you think is MIA?
    Cereal Killa: this week or should get there ass back in the league
    Got Life?: the latter
    Cereal Killa: talent, trap n noib... three complete dif caliber of writers but all entertaining
    Got Life?: good choices, thank god at least someone didn't say Tali
    Got Life?: though I'd love to see Rikoshay return and whip some people into shape
    Cereal Killa: his def a decent writer
    Got Life?: I'd say he's a little bit better than decent amigo, but whatevers clever
    Got Life?: Any predictions or anything else you'd like to add?
    Cereal Killa: the mags been the best i've seen it in about 2-3 years so keep up the good work guys
    Got Life?: Thanks princess...now go write your verse and beat Dougie's ass
    Cereal Killa: shall do..
    ps remember to crush your e's they disolve better pz
    Got Life?: noted.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XVI. Outroduction

Sorry for the delay and good luck this week.

I'm late for work, holler!
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good shit.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

..is that it?
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

you expect more feed from someone who wrote most of this?
    test
  20. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.