[MAG] The Tribune: Vol. 2, Issue 3, Week 5

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    The RSTL Tribune: Volume 2, Issue 3, Week 5

Table of Contents

I. Public Service Announcement
    II. Introduction
    III. Weekly Highlights
    IV. Got Life’s Breakdowns
    V. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher
    VI. TheReturn’s Power Rankings
    VII. The Official RSTL Rankings
    VIII. Got Life’s Crystal Ball
    IX. Q’s Top 3 Competitors
    X. The Overdose Interview
    XI. www . Interview With . com
    XII. Outroduction

I| Public Service Announcement

First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge those members who have been outstanding participants throughout the past two seasons by continuously competing, voting, and just being model citizens within this forum. There are quite a few people that have consistently been a shoulder to lean on within this league, such as Got Life? during the first season who, despite his beef with me, was more than willing to help with the magazine and other minor duties that conflicted with my time schedule in order to ensure this league’s success. For this, and other obvious reasons, he has been chosen to succeed Jook’s position. Others, such as TheReturn, have performed every week and are now among many who have also joined the staff of journalist within this Tribune and I thank him for his presence and help in writing this magazine. To the Dougie G’s of the league, I also thank you for being persistent in your journey to the title and performing consistently as well as voting and just being a vital aspect of this league.

But aside from these, there is one name that I did not mention that I feel deserves recognition above the rest. I remember him back in my BONKERZ days in the hookups and on the boards, but never as a storytelling emcee. Last season he entered early on and has become a staple within this forum. He consistently writes for his own improvement and continues to vote early on nearly all of the matches that are available for voting. Not only this, but he has also recently dedicated himself to submitting a weekly article to the Tribune. For this, I thank him and acknowledge his reputable merits. Lucifa, you are truly within the bloodstream of this society and without you, we would be a much weaker body. Thank you for being a stand up guy.

[​IMG]
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II| Introduction

This past week looked to be a promising one, but what a tease it was. Numerous no shows erupted towards the end of the week, ending in only 5 of at least 10 matches completed; a grave disappointment. Nevertheless, the league is beginning to feel like home once again. We, as moderators, are determined to do our part and insist that you all do yours. As the weeks go by, and we near the end of the season, we expect the completion rate to increase at a steady pace so that by the playoffs, no showers will be eliminated. Now, I understand that things happen to us all, although mostly procrastination has and will be our biggest enemy, but please strive to keep your word and if you know that you will not have time to either compete or vote, then sign out for that week or let us know early on so that we may replace you with another promising emcee. We must work on this problem, because it is the biggest problem of all.

Aside from this, I would like to address a few things from moderator to league. I know that beef is a vital part of this society and human nature as a whole. There will always be differences between people and a means to express those differences. As I mature into a father and a young man, I find it time consuming above all else to constantly beefs over pointless things. Yes, I am directing this paragraph to Lord Drama, who finds it a sport to humiliate his self in attempts to anger others. There is no room for immaturity within this league. Now don’t get me wrong, I encourage healthy disagreements and mediations between people of this league, but for legitimate reasons only. More importantly, you as participants and we as moderators should work together to improve the moral and state of this league. This goes both ways. I will no longer tolerate pointless nonsense between moderator and participant. We work very hard to keep this locomotion moving and we deserve your respect above all else. If you, Lord Drama, or anyone else feels a certain way about this league or how we run it, then by all means sign out and post as many threads in hookups as possible. Hell, campaign to Jeff to moderate you instead for all I care. But please do not attempt to disrupt the pace of this league. As a participant and a man, you should be more mature than that. Being a member of a league in which you hate the leaders is a contradiction within itself in which I will gladly adjust accordingly. So please, take this to heart and squash whatever differences you have towards me or my co-moderator. And let me stress that this goes both ways, so Got Life? please take heed and ignore his and others’ comments. As moderators, we shall not beef with our participants unless deemed necessary. In conclusion, take that shit to hookups. Thank you and have a nice day.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV| Got Life’s Breakdowns

Well, I was worried at first that breakdowns were going to take me forever to write because of how many people checked in and all the excitement coming into the week with good topics and a great mag, but then again, a lot of people proved to me what I’ve always known as truth, the fact that I can always count on people to fail. I know several people in fact like Infinite Truth who simply fell asleep with verse in hand. I think you all know what you can do, but in case you’re unaware, please familiarize yourself with the taint of a greased pig until you become rather fond and intimate of that whole scenario.

Contender 3. Got Life? 13-4
    Contender 4. Daht Calm 1-0

Usually I don’t comment to much on my own battles beyond the normal breakdown, but this week I feel the need to do just that considering I think this battle showcased two of the better verses written this week, it was the match of the week in my eyes, and well there was a lot of misunderstanding in my verse due to how quickly and easily it read. My piece was about one man and one woman; the guy loved the girl though she was a stripper and a whore…literally. Until he found out that she gave him HIV. He gets away from her though she tries to give chase seeking his forgiveness. The only thing that keeps him going is his drive to repay her and he manages to do so by sealing a cake in a bakery that she as a stripper was supposed to jump out of, hence a got life? piece…there was love…and someone died. Daht on the other hand made only one flaw in his piece and that was the stretched bars and small font though his content was really moving and top notch. If you missed this battle, go read it, learn a thing or two about writing you muppets.

5. Kid Phikshen 1-0
    6. inkwell (chris) 3-1

Well this battle pretty much went down the way I saw it happening. Ink wrote an emo piece that turned out to be rather touching towards the end as the conclusion to the piece was revealed, but pretty much everyone agreed that had he not included about 30 of his first 40 lines this verse would probably only have been stronger. Following suit with a lot of filler and missed imagery was Kid Phikshen who ended up winning over the RSTL crowd this past week with a verse about a guy driven nuts by a zit/pimple upon his girl’s face which eventually lead him to stab her through the pimple. Naturally this lead to her imminent demise and death, a nice, light and fresh read though there was nothing really stand out to be found in this match.

7. -Sephiroth- 2-2
    8. Bodian 1-0

Well if you’re into cliché stories and terribly boring dragging reads, this was the battle for you. Seph wrote a piece about music and how it inspired the life of his protagonist character without really building much basis beyond that, which tends to be the typical piece written by every rapper, musician, poet, tree-hugging faggot. And well Baron, he continued to be his regular pompous and boring self writing somewhere near 110 bars of shit that could have been fit in about 40. There were stretched bars all over the place and not much for good rhyming. The whole story feels “borrowed” as if a slightly hip hop’d interpretation of a short story. Then again, Baron will always fall victim to such accusations thanks to his own behavior. Regardless the piece about a mother who gives birth to a baby for money then pretends to freak during the child’s staged kidnapping was pretty clever, especially in light of what was implied by Baron with how the piece ended. Needless to say though, if that ending had come 50 bars sooner this piece would have been much stronger and a more gripping read that would not have allowed the difference in this battle to simply be that Sephiroth messed up while voting.

15. Pain 2-1
    16. Dougie G 2-2

This battle was honestly a no brainer except for the bird brained long winded rambling voting of Kid Phikshen. Dougie’s verse while decent just didn’t really execute well and the quality of the writing just wasn’t something that left much to be desired. At the same time Pain’s piece about a moment of clarity wasn’t something above and beyond, but the quality of writing, the smooth flow, and the strong writers voice really carried this topical styled piece through for a nice and easy win over a much weaker and much more inexperienced opponent.

23. Master Peace 0-0
    24. SpeedyCalhoun 0-0

Well these two requested to battle each other so I think it came by no surprise to anyone that they really brought the fire this week. Both of them used the Mother Nature picture and both executed in a very unique way. Personally I was alone in voting for Master Peace, but I don’t really care. I think he wrote the more mature piece that hit on a topical element without being topical, something that’s far more difficult than people realize. On the other hand Speedy took the concept of planets and giving them personalities and such to a whole new level way past what has been done in the league before, and his piece ended up almost like a love letter from Pluto to Earth. One thing I will give Speedy though is that his last line is one hell of a quotable.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V| Lucifa’s Loose Cypher

[​IMG]

Loose Cypher: A Few Words

Week 2 of the Loose Cypher and as promised, this week I'm going to ramble on for a while about something RSTL related. There's no real drama or hot topic to run with this week for me, outside of the horrible amount of no-shows. So I'm going to use the space this week to give a big up to the mods. Although Q takes some things to heart when it comes to people criticizing anything he does, he does those things. We all have lives and some weeks are far more hectic than others but Q still makes an effort to keep the league ticking over. He now has (and needs) Got Life? on board to help keep the cogs churning. Since Q's exit from last season's playoffs, he has dipped in activity, but apart from the lack of mags, things have kept moving. Now he has a more active sidekick and I really like GL?'s approach to using the community. Q would give an option to submit but I feel GL? has really gone to the people and asked for the input that helps the league stay active and competitive. There is a real high standard of writers in the league and to keep these writers interested, the league needs good modding. As long as the league is running smoothly then I think some people (mentioning no names) should leave their beefs to personal beefs and not use it against the league. Got Life? is Got Life? and I've had my issues with him, but regardless of whether those issues reoccur, I wouldn't let them impose on how I see the league. So, Sign Up, stay killing it and get yourself on my list!

Lucifa's Verse Of The Week

Bodian
    This verse exceeded the line limit. This verse was a chore to read. This verse was very wordy. This verse is my verse of the week. Baron always has to bring some kind of dilema and drama to his battles and this week was no different in terms of how the voter views the match-up. The likes of Trybz and Tekneek would have probably called in the rule breech but this was allowed to stand. I agree with my own openning on the 'faults' of the piece, as it was lengthy and hardly had a flawless flow. The feel of a movie was well done but you could have done with running it through an editing suite considering you have limits to work to in the RSTL. You could have chopped parts from the intro and given us a better ending. Over all though, I really enjoyed the story Baron posted this week, which I'm weighing up against the 'mechanical' aspects of my runner-up.

Lucifa's Runner-Up Verse

Got Life?
    Dougie G posted (I know you love how I start your spot with his name) a piece on Aids/HIV last week and he should take notes as this is more, 'how it's done'. As entertaining a read as Dougie's was, it was always more in a 'this is cute' sense. This was crafted with solid writing and appreciation for the read voters are looking for. Kept the piece solid in all breakdown issues, thus holding together a good average score when rounding the aspects up. Nothing that's going to blow the reader away, but certainly good enough to entertain readers and voters alike.

Completing The Top 5 (in no particular order)

-Sephiroth-
    Went to town on the images as topics and built a really good verse around them. The writing was a good standard with an easy to read format and pleasure to read content. A very solid showing and I could definitely see the reasons why this split votes between yourself and Bodian.

MetaSin
    A No-Show Homo battle. This piece restored my faith in Meta, after not really keeping up the standard he started out with, last week. He came back this week though, utilisng the music score w/ heart image. I very enjoyable read and it was a shame Insanevillian decided to dodge it.

StarScreen
    A No-Show Homo battle. By a kittens whisker, I placed this above 3 other suitable candidates for the list. To match the name, this piece was very Sci-Fi'esque and I enjoyed the imagery and story within the verse. Good showing and it's just pity it got no-showed against. Use the force Luke.

For this week only, an insight into the method behind my madness. As I read verses I rate them in notepad for personal notes to produce my list. Just so you know I don't pluck them from thin air, here's how I work it -:

Name - Score - (Memory Jog)
    Cahm - 6.4/10 (desire)
    Gl? - 7/10 (hiv)
    StarScreen - 6.5/10 (escape)
    Dougie G - 5.5/10 (ghost)
    Pain - 6.4/10 (metaphorical highway)
    Inkwell - 5.8/10 (desert)
    Kid Phikshen - 6.2/10 (pimple)
    Apo - 5.5/10 (M.L.King)
    MetaSin - 6.9/10 (music)
    Bodian - 7.1/10 (baby)
    Seph - 6.9/10 (multi-pic)
    Master - 5.5/10 (biblical)
    Speedy - 6.4/10 (mother nature)
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI| TheReturn’s Power Rankings

RSTL Week 5 Power Rankings
    Courtesy of TheReturn

Well, well, well. Apparently IV wasn't as hungry as he thought and decided to skip out on the main course this week, which just so happened to be: Writing a Verse. Week five sees a new number one in the rankings, a few new faces for the top ten, some first timers in the league altogether, and some old heads returning. Hats off to everyone who posted verses, lots of creativity and good mechanics in the ones that I read. The league is looking good each week, with skilled newcomers replacing vets faster than they can sign out. So without further ado, here are the week five power rankings.

The first number listed is what the writer is currently ranked, the number in parenthesis is what the writer was ranked last week, followed by the writer's name, the points they received, and what happened in the past week that justified the change.

TheReturns Power Rankings for Week 4

1. (2) Got Life? (23.5 points) - A solid win over his buddy Daht Cahm, as well as Insanevillian's curious disappearance allowed Got Life? to claim the number one spot in this week's rankings, where he will face MetaSin to become this season's first champion.

2. (3) MetaSin (17 points) - Picking up a no show win against IV gave him a few points, but not enough to close the gap between himself and Got Life? His chance will come this week, however, as MetaSin looks to grab his first RSTL title.

3. (5) Lucifa a.k.a. LokStok (14.8 points) - Another no show win for a top competitor gives Lucifa a few needed points, but not as much as a win by decision and the additional vote margin points would had gained had his opponent showed.

4. (6) .:pain:. (13.7 points) - A curious win over Dougie G, in what looked like a no show at first, moved Pain up two slots and back into the top five.

5. (10) Kid Phikshen (10.5 points) - Notching a win over previously top-fiver inkwell, Kid Phikshen jumps up half the rankings to round out the top five before he faces a Contendership match this week.

6. (4) inkwell (chris) (9 points) - A loss to up-and-coming contender Kid Phikshen drops inkwell from the top five where he hopes to regain his momentum in week six.

7. (n/a) SpeedyCalhoun (6 points) - Speedy represents the Textmasters of the Universe well with a win in his first RSTL match, as well as flexed his creativity a little bit with the Mother Nature picture. The league, as well as the top 10, welcomes you, Speedy.

8. (7) Daht Cahm (4.1 points) - Week two for the wonder boy proved a little tougher than week one, which saw Daht Cahm even out his record at 1-1 with a loss to top-ranked Got Life?

9. (n/a) DopeVisuals (4 points) - A no show win, sign outs, and lackluster performances let Dope sneak into the nine spot without even posting a single rhyming couplet.

10. (n/a) TheReturn (-0.8 points) - Whoo, thanks to a Baron sign out, yours truly has snuck into the top ten with a negative score left over from week one.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII| The Official RSTL Rankings

Championship Match:
    1. Metasin 3-0
    2. Got Life? 14-4

Contendership Match:
    3. Kid Phikshen 2-0
    4. Apogee 5-4

The Rest

5. Lucifa 14-5
    6. Pain 3-1

7. DopeVisuals 1-0
    8. SpeedyCalhoun 1-0

9. Stars€reen 0-2
    10. Daht Cahm 1-1

11. Sephiroth 2-3
    12. Inkwell (chris) 3-2

13. Dougie G 2-3
    14. Master Peace 0-1

15. TheReturn 10-2
    16. LDogg 4-3

17. DaAlmightyDolla 6-5
    18. Everest 2-1

19. Cereal Killa 0-0
    20. Alias2 0-0

21. Condescending 0-0
    22. DeadKing 0-0

23. Hades. 0-0
    24. Hazeville 0-1
    25. xEPITOMEx 0-0

No-Shows
    ----------
    Condescending
    DiggityDiggs
    Memorie
    Memento
    InsaneVillain
    Bonnie Bathory
    Juked
    Craccer_Jacc
    Smoke Trail
    BaySick
    Blackanese
    Infinite Truth
    Insanity
    Rocket
    Pharoahe Def
    Hazeville
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII| Got Life’s Crystal Ball

For a long time I have given some predictions that have made people feel annoyed with me and rightfully so. If you expected that to change then you can go Easter egg hunting with Baron Mynd down a yellow brick road of go fuck yourself.

Anyway, without further adieu…My predictions.

Championship Match:
    1. Metasin 3-0
    2. Got Life? 14-4

I think the whole Metasin phase was really cute, the whole beating up a no name to stir up an up and comer award in his first week, the whole beating pain’s topical, and then magically punking the self proclaimed god of getting his asshole fingered IV…well the road stops here sunshine. I will not be recycling, I will not be writing a topical, and I will not fail to outshine you in every single aspect of writing that you excel at. This is not just me being a loud mouthed asshole either; this is just a statement of fact. I win this match hands down with every vote cast being for me. How’s that for a prediction!

Contendership Match:
    3. Kid Phikshen 2-0
    4. Apogee 5-4

Apogee’s trip to the contender match was definitely pre-mature on the wings of a Baron sign-out and a malfunction on Sephiroth’s part to cast votes properly even though I can’t see how fucking hard it is to write at least 2 lines per verse in a vote...anyway, in light of that I think Ap got here by sheer luck and unless he really utilizes every aspect of every skill that he has in his little knapsack, this will be an ugly showing where the much more polished yet poorly named competitor advances with ease. I predict a land slide victory for Kid Phikshen.

The Rest

5. Lucifa 14-5
    6. Pain 3-1

Lucifa would have you believe that my vote has already been cast on this match, something along the lines of good flow and scheme by both, with pain edging that out, good mechanics by both with pain’s being just a little more polished, better emotion on Lucifa’s part but Pain coming through with the better Imagery and a stronger writers voice and of course, my vote in Pain’s favor on personal preference, but no. My prediction here is that Pain has probably been convicted as his trial was coming up and that in light of this, we won’t see much of Pain for some time, in which case Lucifa wins via no-show for the second week in a row after which he storms off in anger into a pub where Baron Mynd is lurking at which point he beats Baron to death thus removing the RSTL of it’s alias pestilence.

7. DopeVisuals 1-0
    8. SpeedyCalhoun 1-0

Well let’s face it, King Grimet is here only due to the fact that his opponent last week was a joke and didn’t show. He has not produced a single verse worth reading to date, and that does not simply pertain to the RSTL and well, Speedy is quite the opposite. I think as long as Speedy gets his verse in on time it will be much more elaborate and it will showcase a superior level of writing on all accounts as KG gets blown out of the water or no-shows proving his desire to be a homosexual continues to brew.

9. Stars€reen 0-2
    10. Daht Cahm 1-1

This is going to be fucking ugly. As much as I appreciate Stars effort to stay in the league and post verses on a consistent basis, the guy is anything but a good writer. On the other hand you have Daht who while he is a new comer to the league; he is one of the better writers in it. I think Daht can not only stretch his bars, but he can draw a penis on just about every voters face and still the battle will be so lopsided that the now offended voter will still vote for Daht Cahm.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

11. Sephiroth 2-3
    12. Inkwell (chris) 3-2

This is actually going to be one of the few battles that require a prediction as the end result will be close. On one hand we have Sephiroth who will be motivated to redeem himself after nearly tying Baron Mynd and getting himself a seat in the contender match. On the other hand you have a pissed off and misunderstood Inkwell who will try to tighten up his storytelling and deliver his emo tirade in order to finally win over voters. My vote goes to Inkwell by 2 though because he is the more polished and less busy of the two.

13. Dougie G 2-3
    14. Master Peace 0-1

Some of you might drink the Kool Aid and believe that Dougie G is the future and that he’s climbing and improving. The only thing I have to say to that is I’m a 49ers fan and I was delusional enough to drink the Mike Nolan Kool Aid so you’re not going to catch me drinking that shit twice. I think Dougie needs to improve by leaps and bounds still and I do not see him beating a much more polished and just better spoken writer in Master Peace. Dougie is not only limited by his writing, but by his own creativity. There will come a day when Dougie G may be a fierce competitor. That day is not today.

15. TheReturn 10-2
    16. LDogg 4-3

This puts a smile on my face. Not only does LDogg come back after bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning, but he gets his welcome back fiesta terminated right off the bat. As returning to face him is TheReturn. Yeah, I know, not really that clever, but regardless I will thoroughly enjoy watching L squirm as he gets utterly ripped apart by captain emo crusader who has made just about every RSTLian a fan of his writing and his general witty demeanor. I guess I’ve been predicting them all day, but this will be yet another landslide.

17. DaAlmightyDolla 6-5
    18. Everest 2-1

This battle has the potential to be a blow out and yet it has the potential to be close. The only question is which DAD comes to the table. If it’s the one that writes a pretty decent story then I think he wins this one. If it’s the DAD that thinks he’s clever and creative, then I predict a nice and easy with for Everest. Regardless of which I think this is going to be one of the least interesting battles as far as the verses that will be produced from it. Neither will really shine or honestly be worth my time, so I will be thoroughly annoyed when I vote on it and when I have to write a breakdown about it for the mag. Oh yea…I predict DAD by a couple votes.

19. Cereal Killa 0-0
    20. Alias2 0-0

This is probably a sleeper battle if it happens. CK is crew so you know I’m rooting for the Hooligan, but Alias2 has been known to knock down some of the best writers like Vern, yet lose to clowns like Lucifa, hence you never know which Alias2 will come to the table. Also CK has been dealing with some personal health issues so I don’t know if he’ll show. And well Alias2 is known not to show…so conclusion, this is a clusterfuck. I predict CK by 2 votes.

21. Condescending 0-0
    22. DeadKing 0-0

I really have a hard time believing that DeadKing is back and that he’s actually going to show. If he does expect him to make very quick work of Condescending. I really want to go with predicting a no-show on DK’s part here, but if he shows I see DK winning this by a land slide as well unless he’s so cluttered in rust that shit goes haywire.

23. Hades. 0-0
    24. Hazeville 0-1
    25. xEPITOMEx 0-0

This could really be an interesting match up…both Hades and Epitome seem very eager to get their verses in and prove that they aren’t Baron Mynd...then again, both could be Baron Mynd. Beyond that I know Haze promised me that he will show this week and if he doesn’t then he owes me his life, but regardless this is actually one of those battles where I don’t know who to go with. I’ll go with Haze by 2 votes though simply because I know I’ll make sure that he shows.

And that, you slime, is the way I see next week going down. So yea, prove me wrong or prove me right…regardless, one thing is certain, most of you will think I’m an asshole and that kids is very close to the reality of the matter.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX| Q’s Top 3 Competitors

[3]
    Lucifa: He is steadily climbing the ranks to recover from his sudden departure from the top of the pecking order. With a formidable opponent this week, I expect Lucifa to show and prove with a solid story and a tight flow. He most likely will post early as well as vote early and he will never cry over a loss and therefore I respect him that much more. He will do what is necessary to satisfy his soul, producing a solid story based on his tastes and not that of the leagues. Therefore, each win is that more fulfilling and if he wins here, I see him rolling up hill from there with enough momentum to maybe crack the top 2. Good luck Lucy.

[2]
    Got Life?: Determination is an understatement, as is ego. This super self inflated head of Got Life?’s refuses to accept defeat and therefore I predict that he will do exactly what it takes to win here and nothing more. He is gunning for the title, and has been since I stripped it from him last season. With good competition, and enough to motivate his potential, I expect him to actually try and in the end produce a solid story accompanied by a mechanically sound structure and a decent flow. His imagery, emotion, and connectivity will be of his strongest suits here facing competition that is more than able, but I predict will over write himself, thus being a victim to his own potential. Got Life? wins here in a great match up, but good luck to both.

[1]
    TheReturn: A favorite among many of last season’s spectators, TheReturn has once again, returned, to face none other than the vigilante himself, Lord Drama. Seemingly an easy match up for the number 1 competitor of last season, I don’t see him underestimating his opponent. With that said, I expect TheReturn to make his return memorable within the boundaries of this season. He will produce a somewhat emo story that is mechanically sound with a fluid flow and win the hearts of RSTL voters once again. A highly anticipated match up within the middle to bottom of the pyramid, and it looks to not disappoint. This is defiantly TR’s to win, however I do not doubt the possibility of an upset (although highly improbable). Good luck to both.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X| The Overdose Interview

Got Life?: Ok ladies...the moment you've all been waiting for...an insight into the mind of MetaSin...the veteran slayer.
    Got Life?: So how goes it kiddo?
    MetaSin: I'm doing aite, tho I didn't want to win via no show this week, it's all good.
    Got Life?: Well the "almighty" bitch known as IV im'd me the night verses were due complaining about the topics and how there weren't any good story leads...while everyone else loved the topics, so I unno...he's a fag...moving on.
    Got Life?: Is this your first time to the league?
    MetaSin: Officially... yes... Tho I did ghost for a freind of mine that shall remain nameless a few years back.
    Got Life?: haha, fair enough...there are definitely some ghosts around these parts...what do you think of all the aliases?
    MetaSin: I think people try to gain an advantage anyway they can. Its as if they feel someone will go easy on them, bc they don't know who they're battling... I'm not really with all that.
    Got Life?: yea, I've done my fair share of sleeping on people, but then again, i've been in the league for so long that sometimes I just feel like sleeping.
    MetaSin: haha
    Got Life?: So from what I've seen you dabble in the art of production, with that said do you write to a beat and do you mainly produce or you mainly write?
    MetaSin: Well I do both pretty consistently, it just depends... Some weeks i just produce, and some I just write. I do write to beats, unless I have to rush like the first few weeks of this league... Otherwise I'll pick a beat that fits the vibe to what I'm writing about.
    Got Life?: Word, i'm sure that came natural for the piece you wrote this week, which definitely carrys over to the musical vibe. I guess that's prolly what irritated you about the "stretched" bars...that's one thing we all have to deal with though I guess.
    Got Life?: What do you like the most about the leauge/hate the most
    MetaSin: I like the enviornment... Quite entertaining. Also, I feel the league is run well... Regardless of pointless bitching, things get done promptly, and it is easy to tell there is a lot of effort involved. Thats the difference between the RSTL, and the RBL. I think noshows suck the most out of anything, because the person that did show probably won't get any constructive feedback that week.
    Got Life?: word, I hear you 100% on that, that's the biggest reason I've been in the league as long as I have
    Got Life?: so who do you see as your biggest competition
    MetaSin: You fishin for a compliment? lol Jk... No, seriously tho, the league has great talent... You, Daht, Pain, Bonnie, Seph, Speedy....
    MetaSin: I think you all write things I enjoy
    MetaSin: and that's just off the top of my head
    Got Life?: Word, and I don't fish for compliments, I get them all the time
    MetaSin: lol. True.
    Got Life?: so you coming with the fire this week?
    MetaSin: Yea. I should actually have a good amount of time to do a verse. Plus bein champ in both the RSTL, and RBL would do wonders for my net credibility, and my legions of fans would be up in arms if I didn't bring the belt home.
    MetaSin: lol
    Got Life?: lol, well in that case I can't let that happen
    MetaSin: well, good sir... We shall see
    MetaSin: I imagine you'll be the favorite, thus making my upset victory that much more satisfying
    MetaSin: ;-D
    Got Life?: lol, you're the only person to vote against me in all of season 2
    Got Life?: at all
    MetaSin: I did actually mean to pm you before i voted... My net has been spazzin all week, and I had to vote... I couldn't vote for you without understanding the ending... It could've been me overanalyzing, or the fact i was high... It was a good battle either way.
    MetaSin: lol
    Got Life?: i unno where anyone found 2 girls in that story..there was 1 girl...and she wasn't thrown out of any windows
    MetaSin: lol... then it was the grass on my part... I guess you could explain wat happened
    Got Life?: no worries, that's what the mag breakdowns are for, usually I don't really go in on my verses, but since the confusion I'll clear it up in the breakdowns.
    Got Life?: so beyond that...what inspires you to write?
    MetaSin: I love music, especially hip hop... Somethin bout a rhyme and a beat that drives me. I like to express myself, and challenge myself in music period. The Rstl is a good place to get feedback, and as an aspiring emcee these topicals serve as a balance to keep my mechanics on point, as well as to stay creative. Its the same reason i text battle... It keeps me from falling into the blackhole that is mainstream rap.
    Got Life?: I can respect that as a fellow emcee.
    MetaSin: Word...
    Got Life?: anything else you'd like to add, other than you're scared of me?
    MetaSin: Thanks to all the mods and the participants... I've battled a lotta place from the RBL, to the PBA and must say this league is run the best, and the competition seems to be improving weekly. Any emcees in the league ever need beats, just hit me up, and we can collab or somethin. Thanks for takin the time to interview me, and good luck to you this upcoming week GL?...
    Got Life?: aww that was so touching...I almost don't want to throw an empty bottle of vodka at you
    MetaSin: haha... gotta be politcally correct til i win the title... After that, I'll talk shit...
    Got Life?: fair enough...another member that'll never talk shit
    MetaSin: nice.. lol.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI| www . Interview With . com

Got Life?: well RSTL'ians...we have a treat for you today, some insight into the mind of Mr. Daht Cahm.
    Got Life?: what's going on brotha
    Daht Cahm:: Just got back into the tent (yes literal tent)
    Got Life?: how does that work, the whole being in Iraq and yet being able to participate in the RSTL and such.
    Daht Cahm:: I work 13 hours shifts, but because of the time difference (8 hours difference from where I'm from) my day is your night, your day is my night, so it works out well when I'm off work most people are online
    Got Life?: What exactly do you do out there?
    Daht Cahm:: I actually can't talk about it (Opsec)
    Got Life?: haha, word, well anyways, i know you've been around the net battle scene for quite some time, I actually ran into you a good 5-6 years ago, so what do you think of the RSTL compared to other places you've frequented
    Daht Cahm:: The people seem more legit. I'm not a big fan of the "regular" text battle scene on the site. They focus on things that I don't think matter in battles and not on the stuff I see important. But over all the people in RSTL are cool and there isn't a whole lot of drama which makes it more enjoyable.
    Daht Cahm:: Plus the average IQ is above 10 which beats out most sites that I've encountered
    Got Life?: IQ wise i'll agree with you, most people in the RSTL definitely tend to be more intelligent, but as far as drama goes, I think it's the opposite...a lot of big personalities tends to lead to drama and a lot of clashing of heads
    Daht Cahm:: Well I no longer consider conflicting oppinions to be drama. Because it's expected and in a lot of ways, I find it neccesary. What I mean is there isn't any of the fake "I'm going to find you and kill you" type of stuff.
    Daht Cahm:: But clashing heads makes for good television;-)
    Got Life?: Yea, not many e-thugs roam within the chambers of the RSTL, although I'm sure you can find LDogg posting in front of his Spice Girls poster holding a supersoaker
    Got Life?: so I know you've been reading a lot of the battles...who do you like so far
    Got Life?: and who do you think is trash
    Daht Cahm:: Ahha, everyone is talented in their own right, some people just have further to go than others.
    Daht Cahm:: I like everyone's stuff a little bit. And it varies from week to week. Sometimes people are on, sometimes their not. It's just how it goes.
    Got Life?: That's very cute and diplomatic of you.
    Daht Cahm:: Everyone brings something new to the table. some people are great at painting a picture, some people are great at twisting your mind until it feels ready to explode
    Daht Cahm:: What can I say, I'm a people person.
    Got Life?: Some might say that makes you a cocksucker lol.
    Daht Cahm:: Some might say that. Those people usually don't talk much afterwards
    Got Life?: I'll take my chances.
    Got Life?: haha
    Daht Cahm:: Anywho:cool:
    Got Life?: So who do you think is your biggest competition?
    Daht Cahm:: Well, I hate giving vague answers, because they aren't as entertaining to read. But honestly I think essentially I can beat anyone in the league if I'm on. And anyone in the league can beat me if they're on. I don't see anyone in the league to be "unstoppable". Never know what could happen next week.
    Got Life?: I'll give you that, this is definitely the kind of place where the competition keeps you on your toes.
    Got Life?: So what inspires you as a writer?
    Daht Cahm:: Everything around me. I've always been good at talking. Since I was little I could talk my way out of anything, got older and I could talk my way INTO anything;-) (what's shakin ladies?). So I started writing and as I experience more I have more to say.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Got Life?: I don't think you're going to find much vag in the RSTL, but arite kiddo. I'll get an answer out of you yet, time to play the grading game. I name a writer, you grade them A to F.
    Daht Cahm:: Well there goes me being liked by everyone...
    Got Life?: Kid Phikshen
    Daht Cahm:: B+
    Got Life?: Dougie G
    Daht Cahm:: D+ (And rising, slowly, but steadily)
    Got Life?: Sephiroth
    Daht Cahm:: Man I'm new I'm trying to sort through my brain and remember off the top of my head who wrote what haha.
    Daht Cahm:: B
    Got Life?: Bodian
    Got Life?: Inkwell
    Daht Cahm:: B+
    Got Life?: Pain
    Daht Cahm:: B-
    Got Life?: MetaSin
    Got Life?: Lucifa
    Daht Cahm:: Can't remember any stuff off the top of my head... pass
    Got Life?: last but not least, Got Life?
    Daht Cahm:: A-
    Daht Cahm:: yeah that's right, MINUS
    Got Life?: lol, I'll live with it, hard to motivate me to pull the trigger on someone these days
    Daht Cahm:: I can agree with that
    Got Life?: So what's your goal for Season 2?
    Daht Cahm:: I want people to look at the bracket each week... and when they see their name beside mine I want them to say "Damn... looks like I'm going to have to give it my all".
    Got Life?: Haha, i'm not mad at that. So lets end this with a word association
    Got Life?: March Madness
    Daht Cahm:: Gay
    Got Life?: 300
    Daht Cahm:: SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Got Life?: Iraq?
    Daht Cahm:: LaTachee
    Got Life?: Barack Obama
    Daht Cahm:: Boo
    Got Life?: Edward Norton as the Hulk
    Daht Cahm:: Mistake
    Got Life?: Losing to Got Life?
    Daht Cahm:: Respectable
    Got Life?: Kick boxing
    Daht Cahm:: Champion
    Got Life?: TheReturn?
    Daht Cahm:: Waiting
    Got Life?: Home?
    Daht Cahm:: Crumbling
    Got Life?: The future?
    Daht Cahm:: Grim
    Got Life?: Pussy?
    Daht Cahm:: What?
    Got Life?: haha, I figured you'd say it was great or something and I'd end it on the clever note of at least we have something to look forward to, but so be it.
    Got Life?: Any final words?
    Daht Cahm:: Haven't seen pussy in a long while
    Daht Cahm:: Hm, finals words?
    Got Life?: That's sad...
    Daht Cahm:: Good luck to everybody, sorry I couldn't achieve your wet dreams and knock GL? down a peg or two... I'm only human
    Daht Cahm:: Shookran
    Got Life?: Haha, well with that said, my ego can't possibly get any bigger, so I'll leave it at that before my head floats off
    Daht Cahm:: But I'll be here for a while, and your streat of no votes against you was broken;-)
    Got Life?: Meh…
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII| Outroduction

Another banger here… Thanks to all that helped and all that will read and acknowledge our efforts. We bleed hard work onto these internet pages.

I encourage you all, please show up for your matches and in future instances if you know that your time is limited during that week then don’t gamble with our success. Do us all a huge favor and just sign yourself out. Bodian did it; learn from him and other members who continue to encourage positive behavior. No shows are this league’s cancer. We must stray away from pointless no shows.

All in all, I am proud of this league and the way that this season has been running. I assumed that Jook’s departure would hit much harder than it has. Thank you to Got Life? for picking up his slack and helping out. He has really allowed me time for my family and schooling and that is much appreciated.

As you all know, my life is changing at a fast pace and sometimes I feel overwhelmed. But ignore my inactivity, because I am always watching and I am in constant communication with my co-moderator.

Not much left to say. Good luck to you all and I hope this week shows some improvements in completions because I sure did spend enough time talking about it.

See you next week.
    test
  14. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

yea...Q is always text messaging me and asking me to name his baby...

great mag guys...

lol @ TR sneaking himself into the top 10...

and I agree with the opening sentiments...

Lucifa is definitely the People's Champ
    test
  15. Dougie G

Dougie G New Member

No matter what i do each week, I get the same response in every mag, YOU SUCK!!!!, that's all I ever get.
    test
  16. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

lol... i love the predictions for me and gl?'s match...
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

muah..lol
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

noted.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

uh, what?