[MAG] The Tribune: Vol. 2, Issue 2, Week 5

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    The RSTL Tribune: Volume 2, Issue 2, Week 5​

Contents

I. Introduction
    II. The Explanation
    III. Family First
    IV. Bill of Rights
    V. Weekly Highlights
    VI. Got Life's Breakdowns
    VII. Lucifa's Loose Cypher
    VIII. TheReturn of TheStatistician
    IX. Official Rankings
    X. TheReturn's Power Rankings
    XI. Predictions
    XII. IV's Top 10 Countdown
    XIII. IT's Weekly Blog
    XIV. Interview With a Villian
    XV. Outroduction

I | Introduction

All in all, this past week was the best so far this season. However, I won’t hand that credit over to Got Life? just yet. Of course he has been a major help in regards to my time management, but I don’t believe that his presence influenced those that did to show up for their matches. No, I give all the credit to you, the participants. And I thank you deeply for striving to show up and perform to your best potential. The weeks are only getting better and our numbers are only growing stronger.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com . I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | The Explanation

Quite a few standout matches, or more importantly, stand out verses from last week. There were some exciting bouts and some unfortunate upsets. But my biggest beef with last week was the fact that there were no shows in the top eight matches. Now, some of you may partially blame the moderators and our ranking system, which by the way is quite simple. Many of you may feel that some competitor’s do not deserve to be ranked where they are. Well, let me briefly discuss just exactly how our ranking system works and stress the fact that the longer the same people stay signed in and perform, the better the rankings will reflect the actual skill level of our participants.

The explanation is simple: winners move up and losers move down. Last season’s formula was a bit different than what me and Got Life? have just recently implemented. In the past season, losers moved to the bottom of the ranks and winners moved to the top, leaving new signs smack dab in the middle. But, to be fairer, we have placed new sign-ins at the bottom and then new sign-ins with records, followed by losers, no show winners who failed to vote, and winners; thus, producing the current rankings that you see today.

Simplistic in nature and very easy to understand. I am sure that there are many more formulas that you self proclaimed statisticians have developed which may or may not work better than the current, but as for now we will stick with this and observe how it pans out.

I hope that clears a lot of minds and eases a lot of hearts. I see people take this league more personally that I ever imagined, complaining of their spot. I appreciate participants, like Lucifa, who have proclaimed time and time again that they are purely here to produce and perform. This is not a popularity contest, and no matter the formula your skill level will always speak for itself. People such as Dougie G reach the top off pure chance, luck, and persistence. But it is unfair to place a “Dougie G” in his rightful position based on the rules set before the league solely because we feel that he does not truly deserve to be there based on skill. His progression is a direct result of the chain reaction of no shows within the top portion of the ladder.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | Family First

Voting has been great for the most part, although there are still those that drop one-liners, which means more work for us moderators to ensure that those law breakers not slip through the cracks and receive undeserved wins. I like to view this league as a family in the sense that its success sits on the shoulders of us all. We must work together as a family to ensure the upward progression of this league in every aspect. Those who fail to vote or vote properly are only hurting the family, the league, and repeat offenders will be dealt with in the near future. Right now I just want to reach out to all of you and stress that this league is built on feedback. Most of us participate only to receive constructive criticism from a community of creative writers. If we fail to see that, we tend to lose interest those injuring the family. Therefore, we must not only post our verses and expect the same in return, but we must give what we wish to receive.

Now, obviously I am not speaking to everyone as we have many who continue to vote and vote early. Lucifa, being one of them, has been a stand up participant since his early entrance of last season. There are many others as well and I would like to acknowledge those, such as Insanevillian, who have taken heed of the new rules and have been informing other participants to avoid such idiotic technicalities.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV | Bill of Rights

Many new rules have been set into place, one in particular that I feel the need to stress to all participants. Recently, there has been a significant increase in free posting within threads either from the competitors, other participants, or outsiders such as TheReturn. This must stop. Clogging of threads is not only an annoyance but a hassle for us moderators to seed through worthless posts and determine the correct vote count. Nonetheless, it takes the spotlight from other battles that have yet to receive sufficient votes by dropping them to the bottom of the forum. The new rule set in place will attempt to alleviate from this grave annoyance by allowing only the necessary amount of posts within a match.

Also, rules have been amended pertaining to extensions. Any extension of 24 hours, or beyond Friday, must be cleared by a moderator. Otherwise, all battles, regardless of extensions, will be void 11:59PM EST Friday. In simple terms, this means that any extension within 24 hours must still be cleared by each opponent and any extension granted of up to 24 hours will still pertain to each opponent. However, 24 hours is the limit and will be for the majority. Any extension over 24 hours must be submitted to a moderator accompanied by a legitimate excuse. Repeat offenders will be handled accordingly. No show rules are also in effect.

For further clarification, here are the current standing rules:

----- The RSTL Official Rules & Regulations -----

"GENERAL RULES"

VERSUS DUE: Every Thursday @ 11:59 PM EST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    • Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent

• Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    • If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    • CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    • Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics
    • A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    • If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 2 voting links in order to claim victory
    • A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    • If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    • Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with.

"VOTING RULES"

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM EST

• You MUST vote on AT LEAST 4 matches AND post links in your thread
    • EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    • Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    • Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid
    • If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on AT LEAST 2 matches as well as posting those links in your match!!!
    • Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    • Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    • PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 4 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    • Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V | Weekly Highlights

Week 4

Match of the Week
    Pain v. MetaSin

Best Verse
    Daht Cahm

Worst Verse
    Blackanese

Best Flow
    Pain
    Insanevillian

Best Story
    Insanevillian

Best Imagery
    Daht Cahm

Best Overall Mechanics
    Got Life?

Best Story Progression
    Daht Cahm

Best Voter
    Kid Phikshen

Biggest Surprise
    MetaSin winning

Biggest Upset
    Pain losing
    Rymaholik/Bodian being another Baron Mynd alias

test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | Got Life's Breakdowns

With Jook’s departure the league was looking a little unstable, but with the addition of the wonderful and all mighty Got Life? hounding you fucks things look back to normal. This week in particular I was quite impressed with the battles that went down and how many truly quality verses caught my eyes. If anyone thinks holding the crown will be easy or even attaining it, they have another thing coming. But with that I bring you the breakdowns from this past week.

1. Lucifa 13-4 vs 2. Insanevillian 3-0

Well these two certainly did not disappoint and pulled out a match worthy of two beasts that are competing to try for that first title shot. As predicted though Lucifa is allergic to police badges, I say this because while his story had character development, a creative subject, and smooth progression the ending never really hit home and left readers disappointed with the content. On the other hand IV honed his proverbial missles in and didn’t disappoint the crowds as he picked poor Lucifa off. He did it by using creativity, a flow like hot lava, and a story that just kept everyone entertained with it’s comedic value. At the end of the day the votes don’t show how close this was because if Lucifa pulled out a good finish to his verse I think this would have gone either way, but as it stands the self proclaimed diety continues to make quick work of the RSTL in his climb towards the top of the mountain.

3. Pain 2-0 vs 4. MetaSin 1-0

In another great match this week we saw two entirely different styles of writing clash. On one side we had veteran favorite pain who ran with a more topical based style that favored his natural rhyme scheme and flow while producing a story that really drew in the reader and played off the pictures he used pretty well. On the other hand though MetaSin demonstrated what we’ve all come to find. That point being, that topicals really don’t hold much weight in the league anymore as more people favorite a good story over a good topical. That was definitely the case here as both writers shined in what they wrote, although MetaSin’s piece about a soldier and his mental state after what he’s been through definitely was able to capture readers due to the emotional impact of the writing and of course the main factor in it all. The reader’s ability to relate it all back to their lives. I think Q was definitely on point in picking MetaSin as one of his favorite up and coming writers as he is definitely opening more and more eyes with each week.

5. Got Life? 12-4 vs 6. Dougie G 2-1

A lot of people said that this battle was close, personally I don’t see it, I guess it’s a matter that I didn’t go out of my way to blow Dougie G out of the water more than I needed to. At the end of the day I know I did more than enough by writing a piece that slightly reflected about my life, but stemmed into how reflecting on my life allows me to get over writers block. Whether or not I have writer’s block right now is a secret I’ll keep to myself, so don’t get to excited IV ;). Dougie G on the other hand actually had a pretty good comedic value present in his verse when relating to the topic of A.I.D.S. and I’m glad to see that he continues to struggle it out and progress more and more with each week. Keep at it, you’re an inspiration to midgets and cripples world wide.

9. BaySick 0-0 vs 10. Daht Calm 0-0

Well, not that many people knew what to expect out of Daht Calm other than me and my boy did not disappoint. Q was left crying at the end of everything as he saw another TMU prospect decide that their blood boils heron and cooks crack and in truth Daht was always meant to be a Hooligan. And as a hooligan in typical fashion Daht made very quick work of BaySick writing one of the better verses I saw last week which progressed from the picture of the boy playing a saxophone into a piece about how youth corrupts and turns to turmoil and war and how as a child he loved jazz, but now his expression is found through his gun as he is a soldier. Baysick on the other hand wrote a rather simple and seemingly incomplete piece about a black presidential candidate who gets assassinated. Something that might catch the eye of the patriot act, in which case if we are now being monitored I will kick Baysick in the throat because that stops me from drug trafficking through this league and a motherfucker’s gotta eat…but yea…moving along.

15. inkwell (chris) 2-1 vs 16. Stars€reen 0-1

I think Star is definitely the new Dougie G of the league or maybe it’s Dougie G just giving us double the trouble in disguise. I say this because their talent is virtually on the same level so when you pit him against Inkwell, no one expected much to come of it. As it stood Inkwell wrote a pretty good emo piece that captured enough of the readers attention to win this week, but at the end of this battle I was left with a taste in my mouth that resonated of a Second rate TheReturn vs a second rate Dougie G with Inkwell being the victor.

19. Craccer_Jacc 0-1 vs 20. Blackanese 0-1 vs 21. Rymaholik 0-1

This battle actually had a lot of turmoil behind what was going on, the biggest issue being with the whole extensions scenario, which is why I’m encouraging people to post early and get things out of the way. Waiting till the last minute is not always the way to go. As far as the verses go, Black wrote a quick 16 that needed work on just about every element of writing you could think of other than some decent imagery and a little shred of emotion that was spotted. Craccer wrote a pretty good verse that showed much better consistency than his verse last week and with the addition of a better structure I expect to see him finally acquire some success in the weeks to come. But at the end of the day the dark horse Rymaholik aka Bodian turned out to be Baron Mynd. One of the more controversial but at the same time extremely successful writers all time in the RSTL. Baron made quick work of the competition with a verse that hit harder as far as all elements of writing are concerned. Only time will tell which Baron has returned and what will come of it. For now though I will believe that he is genuinely back and desires to compete.

And with that I leave you fuckers to ponder over what happened last week and looking forward to the week ahead of us.

*Ghost*
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | Lucifa's Loose Cypher

[​IMG]

Loose Cypher: A Few Words

This will be my section of the mag for a few weeks and then ongoing should it all go fairly dramaless. I will compile my personal top 5 verses of the given week and present them here for the mag. These opinions are mine and mine alone, not influenced by votes or of any influence from mods or members of the RSTL. If you agree with my list then fine, if not, that's fine too. You may feel you wrote a verse better than my 5th place, that's your opinion. You may even win against a verse I select for my top 5 and yet your verse isn't on here, that's how the cookie crumbles. This is MY top 5, not THE top 5, as I would't accept this section of the mag if I was just to gauge the breakdowns and votes of others and collect them as statistics to present a top 5 list. My lists will also be composed as I read and vote, so most of the time, my breakdowns will not be aware of whether the given verse actually won it's given battle or not. The verse of the week and runner-up are presented in order (quite obviously), but the lower 3 of my 5 will be given in no particular order. I will also never enter my own verses into these lists, even if I feel my verse could even be 'verse of the week'. I am explaining this for this week only as future lists will be headed with a similar "Loose Cypher" where I will take a moment to comment on an issue or the week in general before the list. So here goes the first Top 5 as selected by me, Lucifa aka LokStok.

Lucifa's Verse Of The Week

Daht Cahm
    A new screen-name on the RSTL block and by all means this was an impressive "hello". I won't mention names but we have seen competitors make a good impact on their first week and then fade to the 'also ran' list, so I hope Daht Cahm will buck that trend. His verse was not original in concept, but against the back drop of this weeks verses it did have a freshness to it. A metaphorical piece with some nice wordplay in a switch between a saxophone and assault rifle. The fine use of poetry mechanics whilst keeping a hiphop feel was executed rather well and all in all was a very complete verse worthy of top spot this week. Welcome to the RSTL, looks forward to seeing more from you.

Lucifa's Runner-Up Verse

.:pain:.
    I'm surprised myself that out of my top 5, I have selected the non-story piece to be my runner up. However, we had a debate last season where we discussed RSTL being Rap Story Telling League vs Rap Story 'and' Topical League. It's still clear as mud, but I think we can all appreciate topical pieces when they are written well. This piece was indeed written well and as I said in the breakdown, "would seem more suited to the open mic forum", however never felt out of place either. It competed well against an opponent that delivered a decent story piece that lacked in presentation. The ego trip topical is far from a new concept but Pain didn't leave his piece cliche ridden or boring like retreading very old ground. Well structured and well written, given the content and concept.

Completing The Top 5 (in no particular order)

Got Life?
    This verse had to go up against Dougie G, a guy constantly improving and that's good to see. However, (and Dougie himself agrees) he is not a strong opponent for the cats with a more 'veteran' status. True to form, the result looks to be as clear cut as anyone would have predicted. You can't help but smile at Dougie's verse but as 'entertaining' as that was, it wasn't near the standard of writing put forward by Got Life? this week. A well structured verse where the content wasn't the strong point but certainly wasn't bland, it was just outshone slightly by some experienced mechanics being bought into play. Got Life? has written far better verses than this but the verse this week is deserving of a top 5 allocation given the standard in general.

Insanevillian
    This is an odd one for me to critique as it is against my own verse, a verse I feel was very competitive given the league standard. The votes are somewhat irrelevant in the reasons I compete in the RSTL, as the feedback is my main objective and I have to give props to IV for a PM he sent me at the weekend. Some people may have read IV's post about exploiting a weakness etc., and although I personally don't feel he really blew me away with what he tried to exploit, he did bring an enjoyable verse to read. It will be a sad day in the RSTL when 'mechanics' are what voters center their attention on, but yes, IV showed some text tricks to catch the readers eye. There's an awful lot to be said about the content and entertainment value though, and without multis etc. I don't think the verse was jumping through loops. It was easy to read with the novelty factor of using RM members and it does stand out from the crowd. So gets on to my top 5.

Bonnie Bathory
    This saw a no-show homo opponent, which was a shame, cos this verse will not get the feedback it deserved. In true Bonnie fashion, she crafted a verse that flirts with abstract wording and ideas. The 'Lullabies' topic was a popular one this week and each of the members that used it, used it with their own flavours and approach to crafting a verse. Bonnie's verse felt fluid and she has a nice way of only meeting the reader half way in terms of entertainment. She writes for herself with her fairly distinct style and leaves it up to you as the reader to take from it what you want. A really enjoyable verse that deserved opposition.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | TheReturn of TheStatistician

League Statistics - Volume 1
    Courtesy of TheReturn

Since the rebirth of the league last year, over 110 different people have signed in to compete in the newest version of the Rapmusic Storytelling & Topical League. One problem, however, was the ability for someone to sign out if they lost more than they wanted, and sign back in with a fresh record. Sure, you can fool the new sign-ins with that pretty little undefeated record, but you can't fool me. I went back and tallied up everyone's total record (minus Baron because 1. I forgot all the aliases he used/wasn't sure of ones he was rumored to have used and 2. He's a biter and recycled more in three weeks than Got Life? has in two seasons) along with some other random statistics, which I will continue to update each week and post every 4 weeks or so to show how much has changed. So, with that said, I present some statistics since the league's rebirth.

Top Five Most Regular Season Wins

Eye-Rime a.k.a. Norrin Radd - 14
    Lucifa a.k.a LokStok - 13
    Got Life? - 13
    Vern Acular a.k.a. Vada - 12
    TheReturn - 10

Highest Percentage Time at Number 1 (Titles + Defenses / Weeks Active)

TheReturn - 0.417
    nah son - 0.364
    Eye Rime a.k.a. Norrin Radd - 0.105
    Vern Acular a.k.a. Vada - 0.059
    Got Life? - 0.050

Longest Regular Season Winning Streak

TheReturn - 9 wins in a row
    Eye-Rime a.k.a. MCQuriosity - 7 wins in a row
    nah son - 5 wins in a row
    SacriFICE - 5 wins in a row

Longest Active Regular Season Winning Streak

Insanevillian a.k.a. Pusher - 4 wins in a row
    Cane - 3 wins in a row

Longest Active Regular Season Losing Streak

rocket - 6 losses in a row
    Unavailable a.k.a. BaySick - 6 losses in a row
    King Grimet - 5 losses in a row

Most No Shows

rocket - 5
    TeKneeK - 4
    Alias2 - 4
    King Grimet - 4
    3 tied at 3

Highest No Show Percentage (At least 2 sign ins)

Event Horizon - 1.000 (2 out of 2)
    Vigil - 0.750 (3 out of 4)
    MC4SIGHT - 0.667 (2 out of 3)
    Ribo Nuke - 0.667 (2 out of 3)
    King Grimet - 0.571 (4 out of 7)
    rocket - 0.556 (5 out of 9)
    6 tied at 0.500
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | Official Rankings

Contender 1. Insanevillian 4-0
    Contender 2. MetaSin 2-0

Contender 3. Got Life? 13-4
    Contender 4. Daht Calm 1-0

5. Kid Phikshen 1-0
    6. inkwell (chris) 3-1

7. -Sephiroth- 2-2
    8. Bodian 1-0

9. Bonnie Bathory 7-2
    10. Juked 0-0

11. Craccer_Jacc 0-1
    12. .ApoGee. 4-4

13. Smoke Trail 2-2
    14. Lucifa 13-5

15. Pain 2-1
    16. Dougie G 2-2

17. BaySick 0-1
    18. Stars€reen 0-2

19. Blackanese 0-2
    20. DopeVisuals 0-0

21. Infinite Truth 0-0
    22. Insanity 0-0

23. Master Peace 0-0
    24. SpeedyCalhoun 0-0

25. rocket 0-0
    26. Pharaohe Def 0-0

No Show List:

Condescending 1-3
    DiggityDiggs 0-1
    Memorie 0-1
    Memento 1-3
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | TheReturn's Power Rankings

Season 2 Power Rankings
    Courtesy of TheReturn

With the absense of J o o k, the league lost its statistician. What Got Life? can make up for in rankings and keeping track of the point system for the playoffs, I will make up for with a system of my own to rank the league's competitors week in and week out. Wins and losses will hold most of the weight, however whether you win by decision or no show, whether you posted a full verse or a no show verse, as well as vote margin and opponent's record will also be taken into account. Heavy significance will be put on winning the title and defending it, and penalties will be enforced for recycling (lol), which will finally amount to my Top Ten Power Rankings signed in for the current week.

The first number listed is what the writer is currently ranked, the number in parenthesis is what the writer was ranked last week, followed by the writer's name, the points they received, and what happened in the past week that justified the change.

TheReturn's Power Rankings for Week 4

1. (n/a) Insanevillian a.k.a. Pusher (21.1 points) - Coming off of a wide margined win against the other top contender, Lucifa, IV solidifies himself at the top of the rankings after four straight victories to open up the season.

2. (n/a) Got Life? (17.4) - After cleaning house with Dougie G, Got Life? returns to the top two for the first time since his trip to the Recycle Bin.

3. (n/a) MetaSin (12.6 points) - A big win over Pain catapulted MetaSin to the top three, where he gets a shot at his first title against top rated Insanevillian.

4. (n/a) inkwell (chris) (11.3 points) - A stronger schedule helped inkwell edge Lucifa for the number four spot after improving to 3-1 with a win over StarsCreen.

5. (n/a) Lucifa a.k.a. LokStok (10.8 points) - A loss to IV broke the tie for the top ranking and caused Lucifa to fall to fifth, where he looks to regain momentum (lol Q) in hopes for his first title.

6. (n/a) .:pain:. (7.7 points) - Losing to up and comer MetaSin knocked Pain down a notch, but previous wins over Eye-Rime and TheReturn keep him from falling further in the rankings.

7. (n/a) Bonnie Bathory (7.3 points) - A no show loss killed this femcee's chances of breaking the top five, but if consistent, she will be right next to Lucifa as writers chasing their first championship this season.

8. (n/a) Daht Cahm (6.8 points) - A newcomer to the league that flawlessed a lackluster Baysick, yet nonetheless proved that he has the skills to compete at the top, and gets his first crack at competition this week against Got Life?.

9. (n/a) Bodian (6.6 points) - Baron Mynd is back with an all new alias, and should move up quick as long as he keeps fresh verses coming

10. (n/a) ***** a.k.a. Kid Phikshen (4 points) - A no show win in his first week puts KP in at number ten before even having a chance to test his skills.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | Q's Predictions

Contender 1. Insanevillian 4-0
    Contender 2. MetaSin 2-0

Isanevillian -2

Slight edge here solely based on hunger and determination. MetaSin showed signs of doubt last week in his ability to produce and perform. IV, on the other hand, has never publicly questioned his own skill or his ability to win, more specifically against Meta. IV has the experience needed and obviously the skill, while Meta seems a bit rusty and unsure of an approach. His writing as proven inconsistent and he’s coming off a, for lack of a better word, weird win against Pain who proved to be the better writer and yet wrote about much of nothing. I have to trust IV here and his guarantee of a win so I’m going with Insanevillian by at least two votes.

Contender 3. Got Life? 13-4
    Contender 4. Daht Cahm 1-0

Got Life? -3

With potential of becoming match of the week, it also has its potential of disappointing. Daht Cahm has become the poster boy of the league overnight. He’s like the Brad Pitt AND Angelina Jolie off one verse against one of the easiest opponents around. I’m not jumping on this bandwagon just yet. I did enjoy his verse last week, but Got Life? has proven to be of the most consistent writers to ever grace this league, while Daht has proven to out write BaySick. More importantly, I doubt Daht’s ability to recreate the aura of last week’s verse. Of course, I hope that I am wrong because I would love to see Daht whoop that ass, but I have to go with the Iron Man here, Got Life? by at least two or three votes.

5. Kid Phikshen 1-0
    6. inkwell (chris) 3-1

Inkwell -4

Kid Phikshen has yet to show and prove, and though he proclaims in numerous threads that he will not lose, it is highly doubtful. Inkwell has gathered a following of people who believe him to possess skill and the potential to be a top competitor. If he is hungry enough, this may be his week to hop back into the top four and prove his worth. If not, then it looks like we may have a “new kid in town”. Either way, I have to give ink the edge here being that he’s facing a potential newbie, therefore I say inkwell by at least three or four.

7. -Sephiroth- 2-2
    8. Bodian 1-0

9. Bonnie Bathory 7-2
    10. Juked 0-0

11. Craccer_Jacc 0-1
    12. .ApoGee. 4-4

13. Smoke Trail 2-2
    14. Lucifa 13-5

15. Pain 2-1
    16. Dougie G 2-2

17. BaySick 0-1
    18. Stars€reen 0-2

19. Blackanese 0-2
    20. DopeVisuals 0-0

21. Infinite Truth 0-0
    22. Insanity 0-0

23. Master Peace 0-0
    24. SpeedyCalhoun 0-0

25. rocket 0-0
    26. Pharaohe Def 0-0
    27. Hazeville 0-0

test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | IV's Top 10 Countdown

RSTL Countdown!!!!

welcome all to the first addition of the RSTL Countdown in this... the new RSTL... I am your host IV. now to all those who don't know what the countdown is.. it's a hype magazine for this week's upcoming mathups in the top 10... Thuis will break down all of the controversy and so forth relating to this week's RSTL matchups...

So let's get to crackin' with the matchups... grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show!

9. Bonnie Bathory 7-2 vs. 10. Juked 0-0

Now before i get started i would like to say... how in the hell does an unranked opponent get to the top 10? i've been wonderin that question myself, but i guess all room for arguement is null and void because this matchup is here...

Juked, i know little about, unless i know his alias name, i can't really speak to much about him... but let's just say his a dark horse with alot to prove and a big matchup on his plate.. after posting a four line verse last week and failing to vote... he moves up!!!! while bonnie bathory... who also failed to vote moves down? this is some crazy ranking system that is new to me, but hey let's talk about the matchup...

Bonnie is coming off of a no show win where if she woulda voted she would be in the number 1 contendership match right now... but the RSTL punishes those who don't vote and now she's gonna have to wait possibly two weeks to get a shot in the number one contendership match... she is pretty good and has had title shots before..., but she is like the girl we [/u]dont want to sleep with[/u] because all she does is take and she hardly ever gives out her input in return... Let's keep it real bonnie... you are a vet, and if u serious about this league, u should vote... but hey... u get to face an unproven opponent this week in Juked.. but i have to say i was very dissapointed u didn't show up in my thread this week considering i mentioned your name in my verse...

Juked has the scary name... cuz it rhymes with JooK (sorta) ... can he take out the RSTL's current leading lady? and if Bonnie scores the victory... will she VOTE to secure her win... Many questions to be answered in this battle... but we all have to wait and see...

7. Sephiroth 2-2 vs. 8. Baron Mynd 1-0

Now this matchup will be interesting... It features Baron Mynd, a guy who has made some mistakes in his RSTL past against a rising young Star... Baron defeated two opponents at once last week, and is now in the 8 slot... but Baron has had a fishy past... At one time Baron was apart of The ELITE however so i KNOW he has the skills to KILL ANYBODY at any given time... But everyone is hoping that he doesn't succumb to the tactics that he has used in the past... Tactics of making aliases and voting for himself to win in the matchups is what i've heard... but i don't know what's true and what isn't ... I just hope he put it all behind him and is now focused on taking the crown...

On the other side of the spectrum is a real interesting cat... Sephiroth... RBL Champion... but he is in a close one from last week... and we all know he has the skills to write a barn burner... He came a little bit soft when he faced current RSTL mod Got life? and suffered a defeat, but he bounced back with a no show win... Now he has to prove his mettle once again this time against one of the RSTL's biggest names... Can Seph send Season 1's dissapointment back out of the league with his tail between his legs?... Or will baron prove that what's in the past is over... and now he is for real?

5. Kid Phrikshen 1-0 vs. 6. Inkwell 2-1

This matchup is in the air... Phrikshen came into the league last week, and even though he won by no show... HE CAME AND VOTED WITH HUGE EXPLANATIONS IN ALOT OF BATTLES... Kudos to u with your long as hell explanation... in my eyes u were the voter of the week... but this week we will see if this guy actually knows what the hell he's talking about... or if it is all hot air... cuz this week he has to show and prove against one of the RSTL's hungriest opponents...

Inkwell... a guy who has a great rhyme scheme most of the time, but needs to pull some creativity out of his hat... BUT... he is one win away from being in the number one contendership match... so is this where we see inkwell unleashed... imo his best verse came on a no show victory in week one..., and then he got by Got life? on a technicality... which we will explain later... afterwards he ran into IV and put up a very strong showing in which many feel that he shoulda won... and he did this without even building on a scenario, he did this with just writing the scenario... he bounced back last week, with a not so impressive verse but he still notched the win... and all that stands before him for another shot for the title is the long winded Kid

can the Kid pull out the UPSET and send inkwell back to the drawing board for some answers? or will inkwell finally push himself onto the pedestal where he can finally start getting the recognition he deserves?

Contendership Match!!!!

3. Got Life? 13-4 vs. 4. Daht Cahm 1-0

Got Life thought he could breeze to the title match with ease... he figured bonnie would vote... and he would walk all over her... not quite his own words but pretty close... But he hasn't been too impressive in the league so far THIS SEASON... pulling victories out by not going all out and doing enough to win... He even RECYCLED but was caught for it... but didn't get an L on his record...he still stayed one of the top competitors... However he proclaims HE has a strangle hold on the league and NO oNE in their right mind can beat him on ANY given day... But his cakewalk has come to an abrupt halt... Cuz now the guy who HE BROUGHT TO THE LEAGUE has come to steal his thunder...

Dat Cahm... who has really lucked out to be in a contendership match this early in his RSTL career... getting there by only winning once in a crushing KO of Baysick last week... BUT... He TRULY BROUGHT THE PAIN... and leaving my verse out of consideration (it's unfair to throw my verse in there only cuz it's mine) he had the VERSE OF THE WEEK last week... he dropped a verse most kids woulda no showed to.... and now he is taking his game to the next level... as he trys to out the man who showed him the light (the RSTL) and jumping right into a title match next week...

Can the rookie overcome the vet in this HIGHLY ANTICIPATED MATCHUP?... This is MUST SEE.. cuz this soldier is aiming to snatch Got's life, and send him back down the rankings shaking his head for answers... Possibly Matchup of the week... ​
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Contendership Match!!!!

1. Insanevillian 4-0 vs. 2. Metasin 2-0

IV feels like he is the uncrowned champ... and there was a minitourney made to halt his ceremony... but even if i wasn't IV, i would think of IV to be champ too... why? He is the only standing member of the RSTL that has been here since week one and remains unbeaten... (Got Life? lost by Recycling but wasn't awarded the loss). He defeated the RSTL's hottest member in Lucifa last week... By KO... so why isn't he champ? cuz there was a tournament letting in previous losers and newbies to crown the first champ... but get shit straight... IV SHOULD BE CHAMP... AND HE LOOKS AT HIMSELF AS CHAMP... as long as he sits in the driver's seat in the number one pole position... but IV also has some issues... for the last two years... IV was a no show phenimenon... in the previous week against inkwell... IV appeared rusty and his structure WAS a little bit out of wack... and now his biggest test so far as stepped up to the podium in...

Metasin... a man who KO'd one opponent and upsetted a BAD BAD MAN last week in Pain... Metasin...who won verse of the week in the week previous... and now he get's a shot to be NUMBER ONE headed into the TITLE SHOWDOWN NEXT WEEK... can Metasin handle the pressure of facing a formewr RSTL great...??? With a win here Metasin would have great MOMENTUM heading into the title match next and many believe he has the skills to do it... Can Metasin etch is name into the history books and do what only few have done..

Conquer IV?...

Is IV's Run Over?

MetaSin : Legend Killer???

Or....

Will IV Prove Once Again....

He is a force to Be Reckoned With...???

There's Only one Way To Find Out....

Be There!!!
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | IT's Weekly Blog

i.t.’s weekly blog.

week one: a whole lot of nothing

my clusterfucked kaleidoscope of cursive calculated to computer intelligence by binary bilinguistics of dual pentium fours, fueled millennium-towards with huge, incredible force are, yes, submitted infrequently, yet swiftly with suave seductive qualities & psycho-fucked poetics. more & more seemingly, i sweetly sing symphonies & soliloquies, while striving for sobriety.

quiet, please. sirens cease. choirs breathe in; breathe out. smoke clouds blown out grow out higher.

be silent, b.

okay; okay.

my name is dan. no; daniel. no; scatterboxx. no; infinite truth.

fucking remember the latter, kid.

gotti got no life offered an eight ball of blow & a couple hits of acid if i’d write this. didn’t really care about the ‘cid. still, i got got life ‘cause he got white.

heh.

holla back hoodlums & hookers of the cyber league of rhythmic literary doom. now you sit & barely move, got you kids all scared; please, dukes…

…& i just said a whole lot of nothing.

i must fuck off now.

toodles!

-i.t.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIV | Interview With A Villian

Got Life: ladies and gentlemen...the long awaited insight into the mind of I fucking Vizzle...where the hell have you been man?
    Insanevillain: i have been doin' alot of soul searchin'
    Insanevillain: trying to figure out what the fuck i'm gonna do with my life
    Got Life: some people who were around back in the day, might say that after that pink slip loss to pent up, that's warranted...
    Got Life: have you come to any conclusions?
    Insanevillain: i actually apologized to pent for those comments... i poked fun at his suicide attempt... and thas not cool... and after the pink slip match was made... i lost heart and focus... cuz i felt wrong for saying those comments in the first place...
    Insanevillain: but now that i'm working on an album i plan to come back to the RSTL and wreck shop
    Got Life: Eh, I unno, I made fun of him for that...kind of a cage moment..."suicidal failure"...but then again I've been known for being a fucked up person to begin with...at the end of the day we're all men...
    Insanevillain: true... except for bonnie that is... but nique is included in that comment...
    Got Life: lol, i'll definitely champion the fact that Nique is a dude, but yea...I'll give you that...so how much do you feel that the RSTL helps you as an artist
    Insanevillain: it helps me with my creativity... plus it helps to get critiques on my lyrics so when i sit down and write lyrics for music it all flows perfectly the first time... it actually takes work to perfect a verse....
    Got Life: I have no argument with you there, but sometimes I have the issue of simply a lack of motivation based on who i'm facing
    Got Life: ever have the same issue?
    Insanevillain: that is always a problem... but maybe you could look at it like this... THIS WEEK I AM FACING THE WHOLE LEAGUE... and i plan to have the best verse put on the board period... that's how the i vizzle plans on looking at it from here on out... so even if chase murda challenges me to a topical he's gonna get burned with the heat... ya feel me?
    Insanevillain: but i have had that problem in the past though
    Got Life: I know where you're coming from and I definitely use to be that way when I was the trademark bad guy, but last season I dropped one of my best verses to date vs dougie g...and that's just not fair and not close...and there's no reason for it
    Insanevillain: fuck that... if they wanna step up to the god... they gonna feel his fury... if they cant take it... they will get good critiques to help them improve
    Got Life: haha, well there's no doubt that you're the hungriest guy going for the title, who do you think is your biggest competition
    Insanevillain: I can only look to my next opponent like the new england patriots... and Metasin is who i'm looking at now with my heat seeking missles penetrating to find his weakness
    Got Life: his weaknesses are on the table, pain just made the mistake of going topical in a league that has long since shown that topicals don't hold much weight
    Insanevillain: true... and then i'll more than likely face u unless bonnie can get motivated and find the time to beat you
    Got Life: not for nothing, but i'm not losing to Bonnie...matter fact, i'm not losing...
    Got Life: so you've been around for quite some time, what do you think about the current state of the league
    Insanevillain: lol... u kind of remind me of myself with that ego of yours... but the original god is back... and i plan to be on top for a long time... did u know i went two years without losing in the rstl for a stretch?
    Insanevillain: the only way i lost was by no show
    Got Life: you know i've been in the RSTL for over 2 years straight now...never missing a single week
    Got Life: we'll see whether God can fuck with the man of Iron
    Insanevillain: well... we will have time to hype up our matchup when the time comes... let's not flood this whole interview with how i'm gonna murda you in two weeks :) your boy daht cahm looks fresh...
    Got Life: yea, that's one mean white boy sitting over there in Iraq
    Got Life: who else do you like in the league?
    Insanevillain: the only topical writer who scares I vizzle is infinite truth... if he comes back and shows... it will be a site to behold
    Insanevillain: inkwell has potential... he just needs to work on his creativity cuz the flow is there
    Insanevillain: Pain can be a beast
    Insanevillain: and as for newbies... i like reading sephiroth verses...
    Got Life: I don't think Sephiroth is a newbie by any means, plus Baron Mynd is back
    Insanevillain: baron mynd is dope... i heard that back in the day he had like 3 aliases of his vote for him in a match against DiC... tell me why is baron so hated these days.. i missed that whole thing...
    Got Life: Baron pulled some shady antics, I won't go into them in the interview though, I can tell you behind scenes if you want. I hope that it is all past him and he's here to compete and be a real dude, if not he won't be in the leauge long.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Insanevillain: word... so now that there is no money... are u confident enough to put your money on the table for the RSTL?
    Got Life: in all honesty if the league continues as well as it's going and stays competitive, i'll put up 100 bills
    Insanevillain: word... well behind the scenes i will give u my addy so u know where to send that money to when i win... :)
    Got Life: no worries, i'm sure i'll be keeping my money
    Got Life: so lets go for a word association to wrap things up
    Insanevillain: aight.. i'm down
    Got Life: Pent Up
    Insanevillain: my ninja
    Got Life: Dic
    Insanevillain: oakland killa
    Got Life: Jook?
    Insanevillain: pig
    Got Life: Rap
    Insanevillain: my life
    Got Life: Wheaties
    Insanevillain:: fuck em.. cheerios
    Got Life: Heron
    Insanevillain: all up in yo veins
    Got Life: Power of the Dollar
    Insanevillain: respect
    Got Life: Got Life? champing the league again
    Insanevillain: not while i'm in this bitch
    Insanevillain: :)
    Got Life: haha, IV's life expectancy
    Insanevillain: shit... tomorrow?
    Got Life: well in that case, you better get to livin and fuckin
    Insanevillain: hell yeah... i'm out this bitch...
    Insanevillain: need to go live...
    Insanevillain: lol
    Got Life: take care homie...i'll see you when I see you
    Insanevillain: aight... pz
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XV | Outroduction

I would like to thank everyone that helped out with this issue of the tribune and I hope that you all continue to do so. It was really inspiring to see so many come together for a good cause. This is the most help that I have ever had since I have been writing and asking for help. So to Got Life? who has continued to help, Insanevillian, Lucifa, and TheReturn.. I thank you. Oh, and also to Infinite Truth.

I would also like to thank all of you for participating continually and showing for your battles and voting. This league really has progressed more than I had originally expected when I agreed to moderate. I am very proud of what we have accomplished and how far we have come.

I just finished the predictions and it said that the length was too long, and then I accidently canceled the changes. So i'll finish that when I get home tonight.

Again, thanks to everyone and good luck this week.
    test
  18. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

top notch mag.

this thing is finally starting to come together.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^yea, im pissed though
    read my outro
    test
  20. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I await for the flak for my runner-up selection ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.