[MAG] The Tribune: Vol 2; Iss 4, Wk 6

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    The RSTL Tribune: Volume 2, Issue 4, Week 6

Table of Contents

i. Introduction
    ii. The Spotlight
    iii. Weekly Highlights
    iv. Got Life’s Breakdowns
    v. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher
    vi. TheReturn’s Power Rankings
    vii. The Official Rankings
    viii. Got Life’s Crystal Ball
    ix. Q’s Top 3 Competitors
    x. Interview with the Devil
    xi. Outroduction

i. Introduction

A terrific week in terms of completion rates and good verses; but still, there is much room for improvement. Many produced and performed leaving Got Life’s breakdowns probably the lengthiest since last season. I was thoroughly pleased and thoroughly impressed, although my opponent did happen to be tardy; it was a much needed one being that I was out of town for our first baby shower. Thank you to all who decided to show and to those who are beginning to sign in/out based on their schedules and probability to show.

Aside from this, I have seen numerous slant-talking about my fellow moderator pulling tricks to win matches. Because of my inevitable absence of last week, I was only here to vote and therefore I may have missed the bulk that this argument is based on. I can only speak for myself and therefore I will not attempt to cover Got Life?’s ass, however I can assure you that under my watch there will be no funny business. I am confident in Got Life?’s ability to moderate this league and I am equally confident in his willingness to abide by each and all rules. Therefore I highly doubt that he has pulled any tricks, and I can guarantee that he has pulled none with my consent. I am not a cheater and I never will be and so I expect not to be labeled as such. I work very hard to fit this league into my schedule and at the moment my life is very hectic so I deserve your support and respect. I am only saying this because I have also seen that those who view Got Life? as a cheater have associated myself with his supposed antics. I am almost positive that Got Life? has not cheated and will not cheat as long as I still control this league and therefore I kindly suggest that those who have a bitter taste on their tongue please keep my name, and my co-mod’s, out of your mouth until concrete evidence is brought to light. Our rules are just and very concise, and offer little to no room for anyone to cheat, including the moderators. If there ever is an instance where you feel that someone is cheating, please feel free to contact myself because I assure you that it will not be me. I will right each wrong of this league in a timely manner.

On another note, I would like to apologize for the repeated editing of your votes. I have spoken with Got Life? time and again, only to return from vacation and find that his editing powers have been revoked. I do not know the circumstances nor do I wish to. I trust Jeff’s morals and decision making, and therefore I would only like to apologize to those whom may have been on the other end of the situation. Posts should/shall not be edited. However, it is a known fact that free posting of threads and nonsensical posts that are deemed unethical and offend those of this board and this league may be moved to the archive thread in our sub forum. I hope that we can all look past this and continue to move forward as a league.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

ii. The Spotlight

Along with the arrival of this new season, there has been new beef. Of course I doubt this league will ever function without the presence of beef, at times it can just seem nonsensical. Legitimate beefs are healthy entertainment for the league and board and keep us all active and engaged in this forum. However useless and unnecessary beef can be blown out of proportion and become a bore to read and tolerate; for example, LDogg’s beef with the powers of this league as a whole. But aside from this, there has been another trouble maker brewing in our mist.

He receives far more credit than he is consistently worth, and because of this should be more than grateful. However, recently his personality has transformed from a gnat on the wall to a newborn baby in the crib. Overlooked by many in the last season as the kid who was persistent but with little potential, he is now the golden boy of the new era who has turned the entirety of the league into his own cheerleading squad. Needless to say, this has not amounted to more votes and/or wins.

Frankly, I find it bold and outrageous for one of such caliber to even have the audacity to pick fights. Though he claims to be kidding afterwards, he has continually complained from one topic to the next and speaks of theories that Got Life? and myself are cheating to win the title. Ridiculously enough, I feel it only right to address this issue within the magazine so that we all may share our views and opinions on the matter.

My take is that Dougie G needs to look in the mirror. I fear that our lighthearted humor and encouragement has led to a much larger ego than we ever imagined. TheReturn continuously exaggerates the abilities of his supposed crew mate, thus leading to the overly proud Dougie G that now stands before us.

To make things quite clear, I am the complete opposite of a “Dougie G Hater”. In fact, now that it has been made known that my less attractive alias was Kid Phikshen, it should also be known that I was the one who felt that Dougie G defeated Pain. If I can recall correctly, a portion of my vote even made it into Dougie’s signature, however he finds it certain that I hate him and continue to bash him.

It’s as simple as this, your skills speak little of your potential. I believe in you just as I believe in everyone else, that you have the potential to be great. The main difference in you is that your heart and determination shone through your verses. But frankly, you have made little progression since the first verse that I have read from you. Although in comparison you are far better than before, in actuality you are also equally as far from ever obtaining a belt. With the support that you now receive, you should be more than grateful. Quit complaining about the rankings and stating that we are cheating to keep you lower in the ranks. Also, quit crying about people’s opinions of you in the magazine and on the boards. This and other things that you constantly continue to whine about should only make your writing stronger. I do not know who coined the phrase, but you should certainly live by it: “Show and Prove!” You should only strive to do just that, show and prove. You can only grow with time, so quit complaining and get back to the humble Dougie that we know and love.

I don’t want to sound as though I am telling you not to voice your opinion. But constantly stating that we are cheating is ludicrous. Learn from the winners who complain little and show a lot. It is always the losers who pull the cheating card and I don’t want you to get caught in the whirlwind of losing habits.

You asked for a mention, so here it is. Also, mostly what you read in the magazine that is negatively directed towards you is written by none other than Got Life? himself, who I can confidently say is indeed a “Dougie G” hater. But that does not mean that I must fall within the same category.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

iii. Weekly Highlights

Match of the Week
    TheReturn vs LDogg

Best Verse
    TheReturn

Worst Verse
    Condescending

Best Flow
    Lucifa

Best Story
    Got Life?

Best Imagery
    TheReturn

Best Overall Mechanics
    Got Life?

Best Story Progression
    Lucifa

Best Voter
    Lucifa

Biggest Surprise
    Just about everyone showing up

Biggest Upset
    Dougie G beating Master Peace
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

iv. Got Life’s Breakdowns

Well fuck, if I had known that so many of you were going to show I would have tried to sucker someone else into writing the breakdowns this week. As it stands though I seem to have gotten stuck with the oh so joyous task of breaking all of this down and well fuck it. At least it was a great fucking week of people showing up and a lot of people really writing top notch verses. So without anymore bitching from me, here are your breakdowns for week six.

Championship Match:
    1. Metasin 3-0
    2. Got Life? 14-4
    Well the champ match wasn’t the greatest one I’ve ever seen, but both Meta and I definitely did the first title match of the season justice. The voters this week got a familiar topic with Meta’s poetic touch brought forward to them though I don’t think that it’s a topic that has been done as much as everyone hammered. The story was about a guy who lost his love in a car accident so he then himself runs through that same light to get into an accident which puts him in the hospital from where a guardian angel or maybe the ghost of the girl he killed drives him through that same light at which time we hope he finally dies. Though if meta comes back with part 2 of the story with this fuck still twitching I’m gonna personally make sure he’s dead. Though that could actually be clever…anyhow…I totally over did it this past week. I had way to many intangibles that forced just about everyone capable of reading to read the verse more than once, sometimes more than twice to get everything. For those that didn’t here’s your quick breakdown. Father’s at war, he later dies, kind of irrelevant fact, but whichever (I did not focus on the father in this piece). While the Father is at war the Mother is fucking the older brother which the younger brother sees through a window. Upon realizing they’ve been spotted the older brother attacks the younger one leaving him paralyzed. The whole time though, it turns out that their sister saw absolutely everything from behind the roses. From here, the brother becomes an alcoholic, crashes a car killing someone and going to jail for life then the Daughter drugs the mother and sets her up for a car accident and lives out happily taking care of her beloved crippled brother. Fucked the hell up…I know…but none the less a good read from both writers.

5. Lucifa 14-5
    6. Pain 3-1
    While the votes were all cast in favor of Lucifa, pretty much everyone was in consensus with the fact that this match was a lot closer than the votes suggested. However, this match was truly enjoyable and a smooth read from both writers. Pain wrote a piece that focused on an emo note regarding suicide in a very pessimistic outlook though it showed some signs of hope towards the end leaving us with a glimmer of inspiration. At the end of the day though most writers in this league or any other are morbidly tired of suicide pieces as they seem very easy to write and never really tend to offer much beyond what everyone has come to expect. Lucifa on the other hand crafted a rather creative story using the pic provided. A story of a girl trying to reach a lover who was killed as the result of her opening her mouth, in more ways than one. Personally this is quite possibly my favorite piece I’ve read from Lok to date and I think he’s definitely determined to not just be the people’s champ any longer. If you didn’t catch this battle you should go back and check it out though.

9. Stars€reen 0-2
    10. Daht Cahm 1-1
    Whereas some battles were intriguing last week, this was not really one of them. Daht Cahm was definitely plagued by the fact that he really didn’t have to go out of his way and really try to beat Star who’s writing hasn’t really been worth much comment in his four weeks in the league, though I don’t think he’s the worst competitor in the league (more on that later). Star wrote a piece that started out pretty cool this week actually, but I’ll be damned if anyone understood what the hell ended up happening amidst that flood and why in the hell events transpired the way they did. I think Star might be the victim of an over-active mind and not being able to execute his ideas the way he seems them or thinks of them. On the other side Daht showed us what people in the RSTL grow accustomed to from Veteran writers, the ability to just take a topic that we’ve seen a hundred times but execute it in a way that still makes it an enjoyable read. In this case his piece was of pure adultery and sex that ended in death at the hands of a disturbed husband. All in all there was nothing really special about this match, but this wasn’t the worst match of the week by any means.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

motherfuckers.
    11. Sephiroth 2-3
    12. Inkwell (chris) 3-2
    Coming into this match both Seph and Ink certainly had something to prove and I think they left it out there on the table with what was probably the closest match with two far different styles and verses. Inkwell took the picture of a boy sitting there and wrote about the proverbial American dream, an ideal that as you read the piece you almost wanted to laugh at, but then again you wished that it were so and you could believe it. That there is no better place to be a kid growing up. And then you think about it, no matter how much shit is screwed up over here, this is still the best place to grow up as a kid. This is the land of opportunity and no matter how much scrutiny we give to everything, Ink reminded us that this is where we all definitely want to be. On the other hand Seph went the route of a demented serial killer who cannot remember certain facets of what he does and involved us in the turmoil surrounding both his work and his family life, until at the end the significance of that crumpled paper with numbers upon it reveals that each number he writes is based on the number of people he kills. I think Seph could have executed his piece much better than he did, but as it stands this was a really enjoyable battle and a true contrast of styles. Very nice job from both of you clowns.

13. Dougie G 2-3
    14. Master Peace 0-1
    For those of you paying attention these past few weeks you know I’ve been getting into it with Dougie G. Personally I’m not a fan of the whole charity and pity bullshit and I think all writers should be held to the same standard. I know when linxz was in the league writing on this kind of level he was laughed out of here. I guess everyone just loves TheReturn so much that they put up with this clown but anyway, this battle was a real disappointment. Master Peace basically just had to show up and post a decent verse and he would have ran off with the win, but instead he fucked himself by not honing the mechanics of his writing. Master Peace’s piece was about a little girl (presumably in China) who dreamt of ending the life of her retarded born brother who’s retardation had been blamed on her since she first entered this world. Events were built up to show her disdain and why it boiled so, but the climax wasn’t very climatic and the piece definitely fell short with some sloppy mechanics and stretched bars. On the other hand Dougie G wrote quite possibly the most elementary verse seen all week. In fact where every other writer continues to expand and really grasp the concept of building upon a story, Dougie seems content spewing the same basic jargon with this piece being no different about a secret service agent who was fucking Hillary Clinton, who Bill Clinton confided in that he thinks his wife is cheating, and who then at the end encourages us to vote for Hillary. Some republican we have here. Anyway, enough bashing bird brains, lets keep it moving.

15. TheReturn 10-2
    16. LDogg 4-3
    As this match got set up in the rankings I thought it was going to be a much bigger landslide and win for TR then what actually ended up going down. For those of you who didn’t read what I’m sure will go down in most everyone’s book as verse of the week, TheReturn brought back Topicals. While Pent Up was seen getting this posts moved all week for being a whiny twat claiming that he topicals better, the rest of us highly doubt the fact. TR’s topical was about all the fucked up shit going on in our world from rape, murder, abortion, and all kinds of other really really fun stuff. LDogg really surprised us all though writing a story that while it felt like one that we’ve all heard a million times over, there was just something very endearing about the way he wrote it. The piece ended up really drawing in the reader and that’s why LDogg ended up putting up somewhat of a fight against TR. This also goes to show you that a story will still beat a topical as if LDogg’s story was superb instead of just good it would have beaten a very good topical presented by TR. I don’t know if this was my match of the week, but it’s certainly worthy of that title.

9. Cereal Killa 0-0
    20. Alias2 0-0
    When you looked at this match coming into the week I was happy that I paired CK up with Alias because this way if they both no-show it’s not like someone’s left with a thumb up their ass. Instead both of these crackheads showed up and they gave us one hell of a show as these are two of the more slept on yet rather talented motherfuckers in the league. Alias wrote a piece flipping the heroin in the bloodstream topic into religion in society and how the affects seem the same as heroin injected in the body. The correlation was really clever and a really fluid flow allowed this piece to really shine and provide an enjoyable read although the whole topic of religion has been beat to death so much that you can only take it so far. On the other side of the match you have CK who also had a religiously charged piece (big shocker there…) except his focus was more on the Middle East and all the fucked up shit that’s been occurring there, focusing obviously more towards present day rather than say the crusades, but the piece was really clever and it made me chuckle as it closed out… “You’ve been punked”…Middle East. Most of you numb nuts didn’t vote on this battle so I suggest you take some time out of your pointless lives and give this match a read.

21. Condescending 0-0
    22. DeadKing 0-0
    And last and well, least…the worst match of the week. Both of these writers have had their RSTL careers plagued by the fact that they always undershoot everything. Con ended up writing a really boring piece from the angle of a gangbanger…how fucking original. DK on the other side wrote a verse about a girl who’s in love with a married man who realizes at the end of the day that she’s just his whore. The content was drab from both writers here but DK managed to edge this one.

All in all, a great week, a lot of surprises, and a lot to look forward to…keep at it
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

v. Lucifa’s Loose Cypher

[​IMG]

Loose Cypher: A Few Words

This week has been a good week for the RSTL, in my humble opinion. I do remember the days of the need for 2 forums to split the ranks and actually entered for a week or 2, but I was a battle head in them days so didn’t see the appeal of an open mic league, although, I never actually entered the RBL, staying mostly within just the textcee area of the forum. So although it meant there was more reading for me, personally, to do. It was good to see such a strong showing with plenty of battles up for votes and few no-shows to ruin the mood. Any league is only as good as the competitors make it. This week caused me dramas though, having to select my top 5. The top 2 were pretty clear cut for me, but the league had a bunch of ‘mention worthy’ status verses. Inkwell, MetaSin, Alias2, Speedy Calhoun, Pain and DaAlmightyDolla, are some competitors that were of note this week, all with solid verses that were worth reading. I also tip my hat to Dougie G actually gaining my elusive vote this week too, with his most established piece to date. A notable week in the history of the new RSTL archives. I’m writing this long before voting deadline day, so I’m only predicting here, but I will say congratulations to the 1st champ of the new season, Got Life?. (If Meta pulls it around, then congrats buddy). Back next week, here’s MY Top 5..

Lucifa's Verse Of The Week

TheReturn
    I remember back when Return posted a verse about an NFL player getting killed, whilst a hint of ego crept into some of his posts. I couldn’t see how he ‘rated himself’ on that evidence and we didn’t get off to the best start. However, week after week he showed more and more evidence that he could walk as good as he talks. This verse was fire. Return has dropped some dope pieces in his time, and as good as his piece in Open Mic is, this is my personal favourite. I was there, with him, with Return, in his head. His verse dragged me into his statistics that were incredibly woven into a verse that flowed effortlessly. The Champ is back.

Lucifa's Runner-Up Verse

-Sephiroth-
    For me, Seph killed his topic (pun intended). I really enjoyed the story he told and I was totally sucked into the story and emotions of the character. The entertainment from the content was high and that held together with a strong showing where writing skills are concerned. He’s like a silent assassin at the moment, creeping under the radar ready to bite one of the ‘big boys’. Good verse Seph.

Completing The Top 5 (in no particular order)

Daht Cahm
    This guy almost gave me wood (no homo), in what was a somewhat under par verse in terms of originality. However, the verse he crafted was alive with imagery and scene setting. He told a stale story, but told it really well. A definite heavy weight of the RSTL.

Got Life?
    Disappointing only in not getting a verse of the week from the champ match, his battle was a closely contested one. Got Life? Makes the my top 5 list with a very solid verse that flowed almost as well as Return’s joint. The content was engaging with no real sacrifices made to keep the flow as smooth as it was. Worthy of taking the title in that match-up.

LDogg
    Although my latter 3 picks aren’t in a rank order, this week did have like 5 verses competing for my ‘final selection’ (as such). I was splitting hairs and at the end of it all I just felt I got more from LDogg’s piece in regards to how it connected to me whilst reading. The story just had an appeal for me that warrants me highlighting it in this section of the mag.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

vi. TheReturn’s Power Rankings

RSTL Week 6 Power Rankings
    Courtesy of TheReturn

Alright so I came back to drop a gem for you folks and now I'm back on the sidelines giving y'all a chance to do what you do. This week we crowned the first outright champ of season two, as well as a special appearance from a legend in the top 10. So here we go, week six's power rankings.

The first number listed is what the writer is currently ranked, the number in parenthesis is what the writer was ranked last week, followed by the writer's name, the points they received, and what happened in the past week that justified the change.

TheReturns Power Rankings for Week 6

1. (1) Got Life (38.2 points) - This season's first champion is crowned off of some early match shenanigans that was the product of an AOL peer-to-peer chat software, excessive whining, and most likely some cybersexual faggotry that resulted in some changed and edited votes. Nonetheless, Got Life? remains at the top.

2. (3) Lucifa a.k.a. LokStok (22.4) - Up a spot after MetaSin's loss, Lucy continues to move up in search of that elusive archives police badge.

3. (5) Kid Phikshen (15 points) - The not-fooling-anyone alias jumps up two spots after his no show Contendership win over .Apogee. Potential match of the week in the championship here as he faces Got Life? to retake the title.

4. (2) MetaSin (14.1 points) - The victim of the previously aforementioned faggotry and shenanigans falls two spots where he looks to rebound in week seven.

5. (7) SpeedyCalhoun (10.9 points) - Rounding out the top five is the Golden Boy, fellow Text Master and collab artist SpeedyCalhoozy after a no show win against the no-show King, Grimet. See what I did there?

6. (8) Daht Cahm (10.6 points) - Favorite verse of the week out of the like...four...that I ended up reading due to laziness and bouts of "Holy fuck those are long lines, I'm not reading that."

7. (6) inkwell (chris) (8 points) - Winning the match, yet failing to give enough critique in his votes cost him the win, as well as a ranking.

8. (n/a) DaAlmightyDolla (4.2 points) - One match, one win, thanks to a no-showing Everest. Otherwise this clown wouldn't crack my top 10, lolz. TRoDaS!

9. (n/a) Dougie G (2.1 points) - Yes, folks. The god is officially in the top ten. The wildest flowing, most creative, most versatile, most sickest plotlining Republican son of a bitch alive decided to grace you wack fucks with his almighty presence in this top ten, and if none of you want to give this beast of a writer the respect he deserves in your magazine, that's fine. Because he is officially getting it from the only person that matters RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Dougie in the HOUSE motherfuckers! Seriously though, Dougie, if you ever write a verse supporting Hillary with that Republican Party tag in your sig again, I WILL END YOU.

10. (n/a) Cereal Killer (1 point) - The man once written off as a guaranteed no show, and look at him now. Rounding out the top ten as he carries the coattails of Dougie G while the god continues his road to number one.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

vii. The Official Rankings

----- The Official RSTL Rankings & Lounge -----
    WEEK SEVEN

------------------------------

Championship Match:
    1. Got Life? 15-4
    2. Eye-Rime 3-0

Contendership Match:
    3. Lucifa 15-5
    4. Daht Cahm 2-1

The Rest of the Pack

5. Sephiroth 3-3
    6. Dougie G 3-3

7. Cereal Killer 1-0
    8. DeadKing 1-0

9. Apogee 5-4
    10. SpeedyCalhoun 1-0

11. DaAlmightyDolla 6-5
    12. Hazeville 0-1

13. MetaSin 3-1
    14. Stars€reen 0-3

15. Inkwell (chris) 3-3
    16. LDogg 0-1

17. Alias2 0-1
    18. Condescending 0-1

19. Bodian 2-0
    20. Rocket 0-0

21. Infinite Truth 0-0
    22. MrMister 0-0

test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

viii. Got Life’s Crystal Ball

Well for starters anyone that doesn’t realize that my crystal ball kicks fucking ass is a reject. I was 10 for 12 last week, only making an error in the case of Dougie G over Master P and Inkwell over Sephiroth. Though both of those matches were decided by a vote, so fuck ya’ll. This week, I will continue to be a complete and utter asshole and yet predict completely on fucking point as always.
    Oh and for those of you curious as to how you did…here you go maggots…

Got Life? 10 of 12
    TheReturn 9 of 12
    Lucifa 9 of 12
    DeadKing 4 of 12

The rest of you rabid rejects didn’t make predictions. So yea…
    This week here’s how I see it.

Championship Match:
    1. Got Life? 15-4
    2. Eye-Rime 3-0
    The match up of the moderators except like everything else in life Q will come up short when compared to a far better and far smarter man in myself. I think Q’s time constraint is definitely going to play to my favor as he will be found forcing the bejesus out of his lines, and well, unlike last time where I had Jook chirping on my shoulder about how easily I should win this, I will not sleep on Q again, though at the same time I will thoroughly enjoy knocking him back down the ladder as I’m in the mood for some police badges myself. As far as votes go I see Q getting a couple as my personality tends to rub faggots the wrong way, but however the fuck it happens, I will emerge atop the shark tank for at least another week.

Contendership Match:
    3. Lucifa 15-5
    4. Daht Cahm 2-1
    Well I just read Lucifa’s verse and thought it was enjoyable although a little dry considering the fact that it almost feels like a been done kind of thing now. I would love to say that Daht is going to win and I’m going to face him again, this time for the title, but honestly I haven’t seen the kid on much in a minute and based on his tendency to stretch his bars I just don’t know. Honestly I want Lucifa to win, because I haven’t stomped him out in a while and would rather face Lucifa than Daht considering who I’ve faced more recently. Regardless I predict a Daht Cahm win, and it will fucking happen.

5. Sephiroth 3-3
    6. Dougie G 3-3
    Sephiroth will be in the contender match next week, there is no doubt in my mind that this will happen as I will make sure that he gets his verse in on time, which I’ve been doing for weeks now, nagging him. And well Dougie G is a terrible writer and the only person in the league right now that I see him maybe beating is Starscreen. Other then that it’s a wrap. Sephiroth wins by a mile.

7. Cereal Killer 1-0
    8. DeadKing 1-0
    While I much rather predict CK because he’s crew DeadKing seems really excited by the topic and seems like he’s all about it. Personally I’m not sure how well the execution will go over and what route he’ll take. Also you never know how much time CK will have to really put his verse together. Whichever the case at the end of the day these two guys will surely give us a show. My prediction goes to Cereal Killa though, cause he’s a fuckin hooligan.

9. Apogee 5-4
    10. SpeedyCalhoun 1-0
    I really don’t see any surprises here. On one side you have Ap, a writer who is hit or miss and who seems unpolished and unfocused. On the other hand Speedy seems like he grasps the general idea of being involved in the RSTL and he will continue writing well enough to see his way into a contender match shortly enough. Con on the other hand still has a long way to go. Thus I predict a Speedy victory.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

11. DaAlmightyDolla 6-5
    12. Hazeville 0-1
    Dad seemed to imply that he’s not going to show and Haze is pretty sure some things will be coming up in life that’ll prevent him from showing. Hence my prediction should be a double no-show, but I will still go ahead and predict that Haze win.

13. MetaSin 3-1
    14. Stars€reen 0-3
    This is a joke, you take someone who really contended for the title last week and you put him against a clown that hasn’t won a battle in 4 weeks and doesn’t show signs of any of that changing anytime soon. I precict that MetaSin wins this one by a mile and change.

15. Inkwell (chris) 3-3
    16. LDogg 0-1
    This to me is the sleeper battle of the week, both of the cats can write and both of them are ranked at the bottom and naturally they would love to climb. Inkwell is definitely a little hungrier as he has more to prove than LDogg, but I think L had a stronger showing last week and will continue in stride off of that. You heard it here first, L Dogg wins and Inkwell throws a temper tantrum.

17. Alias2 0-1
    18. Condescending 0-1
    Condescending usually gets that exact kind of feedback when it comes to the different shit that he writes. Alias2 is pretty much the exact opposite. Considering the fact that his verse has already been laid down and is out there to only intimidate Con further, this will be a much easier win for Alias2 rather than his match where he locked horns with Aussie Hooligan CK. I predict that Alias2 takes this one by a nice healthy margin.

19. Bodian 2-0
    20. Rocket 0-0
    Baron posted a verse and from what I skimmed it’s actually pretty good. On the other hand rocket tends to no-show and is a waste of sperm about 99% of the time. I think even if Rocket shows he won’t be able to out class the mechanics of young Mr. Baron Mynd. I think any bird brain could figure that one out though there are some really thick headed motherfuckers in the league.

21. Infinite Truth 0-0
    22. MrMister 0-0
    I was talking to IT and from what I understand; his verse is already written, being that the case, as long as he posts it, it’s over. IT is a much stronger writer in literally every single aspect as compared to MrMister aka Urizen. The day that this becomes a close match is not likely to happen anytime soon, although captain Lucifa the robot failed to inform us about when those happen. Regardless, I predict IT by a mile.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

ix. Q’s Top 3 Competitors

[3] Dougie G: Though I do not predict him to win at all, Dougie will most definitely be one of the top 3 competitors of this week. Feeling bashed and ridiculed by his RSTL family, he will strive to prove his worth here, only to fall short once again to a much more polished competitor. At no fault of his own, but Sephiroth is clearly the better writer of the two. However, I feel that if Dougie G were to find time and patience to deliver his best verse to date, Seph’ would be the opponent to upset. A good chance here for a victory though I’m not counting on it, but Dougie will definitely write his heart out. Good luck to the both of you.

[2] Lucifa: Back at the top of the ranks with a great chance of punching it out for the title against me next week, Lucifa will look to come off with an impressive win against the new Shawn Michaels of the RSTL. ‘Pretty boy Floyd Daht Cahm’ has been on a rampage in gaining momentum and fans. If he shows, it will most certainly be a tough week for the young Satanist, being that he leads the fan club. Nonetheless, my gut tells me that Lucifa has a better shot than some may think. He brings a much more relaxing and easy on the eyes read with a smoother rhythm and if his storyline can match up to whatever Daht pulls out of his barrel, I think this will be a contender not only for the title but match of the week as well. Good luck to you both.

[1] Got Life?: With an ego to rival the mass of the universe, Got Life? intends to retain his beloved title. Being that I stripped him of it last season, my chances are high of being a repeat offender. Therefore, I am positive that Got Life? will do anything necessary to regain the right to claim that he is a better writer than myself. He has already promised defeat in my favor and therefore if he fails to show and prove, I will ensure that he be the laughing stock of season two. With no publicly explaining verses and editing votes allowed, I’d say that I’ll take the cake here. But only time will tell, as my time is very limited and I know he’ll contest the same although he has all the time in the world to produce the verse of his life. With his ego, braggin’ rights, and belt on the line… I expect a VOTW here and nothing less. Good luck to you, GL?.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

x. Interview with the Devil

Got Life?: So Kids...a special treat...an interview from across the pond...how goes it Lok?

Lucifa: not bad at all

Got Life?: Fair enough...so this being our first time actually speaking...anything you'd like to get off your chest?

Lucifa: ha .. actually no .. things are what they are and I'm in a good place right now ..

Got Life?: Yeah, you're writing seems to speak that way, what was it that IV said to you that seemed to have sparked a resurgence in your writing?

Lucifa: he sent me a pm in which he told me what he thought of me as a writer, giving crit on the different aspects and told me where he thought I could lift it a level .. I've just tried to take what he said on board and raise my game a bit ..

Lucifa: basically using that dreaded "mechanics" word ..

Got Life?: haha, i'll champion mechanics all day long...love that shit...

Got Life?: so do you think you'll finally shake that bittersweet token of People's Champ?

Lucifa: I have to see what Daht Cahm brings this week first .. he's the 'hot new thing' right now but maybe he'll run out of steam .. my verse is up early though, so he knows what he has to do to try and win it. Then yes .. I'm ready to give you or Q a run for the champ title next week, should I win.

Got Life?: I haven't seen Daht all week and considering he's serving in a military post in Iraq that's not a good thing, but that's that one...who would you rather face for your shot at the title?

Lucifa: for obvious personal reasons .. if I was to win the champ match .. I would prefer it to be against you .. but I think both you and Q are strong writers so either way is going to be tough.

Got Life?: I feel you in that regard...now as far as what you actually think about writers in this league, you've been around now and you read people's work so lets hand out some grades and reasons why...from bottom to top.

Got Life?: MrMister aka Urizen

Lucifa: He's an unkown to me .. but opinion seems to be good .. I dunno .. D- for no-showing against me

Got Life?: Haha, i'm sure he'll appreciate that, I'd give him a solid C based on a good amount of creativity but a failure to execute.

Got Life?: What about the famed Infinite Truth?

Lucifa: haha .. king of the no-show .. hard to rate when he posts 1 verse every 6th sign in ..

Lucifa: but he's a vet .. B- for rust and no shows fucking up the ranks

Got Life?: I'll give you that, but when that fucker shows, he's a beast...I'll give him a solid A...he's not in the least rusty.

Got Life?: We're going to skip Rocket, because he's a douche bag...what are your thoughts on Baron Mizzle?

Lucifa: where do you start with Baron? .. there is no denying the kid can write .. but the side issue of needing therapy hurts him .. B+ cos of his antics

Got Life?: I think I can agree with that, though I wish google was more friendly when it came to trying to find if he's really writing shit. ..though I hate that I always have that lurking in the back of my head...

Got Life?: skipping ahead a bit...what're your thoughts on fellow rumba raver...alias2

Lucifa: misunderstood and underestimated by a lot of rstl members .. he has a unique aspect to his writing that I like .. in a similar fashion to Bonnie he brings his own poetic abstract style to wording his lines .. his verse this week is pretty impressive IMO ..

Lucifa: solid B…but again .. no showing cunt fucks up the ranks ..

Got Life?: Unfortunately that's fucking inevitable...but yea...I'll agree with you on that one...how bout everyone's favorite queer...L Dogg?

Lucifa: the hammer dodger .. well .. I think he can be bland sometimes and not really inspire the reader .. but when he hits a groove he drops a bomb .. his playoffs storybook piece was fire..

Lucifa: C+ at present .. needs to return to 'former glory' ..

Got Life?: I think he needs to get over his own bullshit if he ever plans on returning to "glory" but the kid can surprise people here and there...what about Inkwell?

Lucifa: hit and miss writer .. his flows are usually steady and smooth reads .. but he hasn't been able to hit a point that raises him above the crowd .. he commands respect as he is capable of beating a lot of heads .. but overall I'd go with a C ..

Got Life?: Ink seems to think I have it out for him, personally I don't mind the kid, but he's a second rate TR at best...speaking of second rate writers, what're your thoughts so far on Starscreen?

Lucifa: ha .. you're such a meanie .. I think Star is more of a battle head tbh .. his rstl pieces aren't too bad but there is plenty of scope for improvement .. D

Got Life?: I've suffered through each verse I've read from him, I think he's the single worst writer in the league...on the other scope though...what're your thoughts on MetaSin?

Lucifa: I think Meta is a solid writer .. a top 10 head for sure .. B

Lucifa: and I thought you had Dougie set as the 'worst'?

Got Life?: I have Dougie set as the dumbest, and worst competitor, not worst writer, and I say that because I think there is no brain power put into any of his votes and he has an average IQ at best. Anyway onto the top 10...your TMU buddy SpeedyCal?

Lucifa: I went after Q to hook Speedy up with a TMU diamond encrusted chain .. Speedy has shown he's a very solid writer with good 'mechanics' all round…another solid B

Got Life?: I honestly wouldn't go that high, I don't think Speedy has really been tested to prove that much yet considering he's only beaten Master Peace and well we all know who MP also lost to. I'll move onto Apogee though...

Lucifa: I'm talking the open mic forum too though .. I rate him .. but yeah .. Apogee is cool .. steady with it if never really impressing .. a good C

Got Life?: Fair enough, now you probably haven't seen much from either, but what about DK and CK?

Lucifa: CK's verse wasn't bad last week but I really think he was lucky to beat Alias2 as I found a few more things that were undwerwhelming when compared to Alias's verse .. and DK has shown to be around average so far .. but it's a '99 account so I can't doubt the experience .. CK = C- .. DK = D+ .. (on current experience of reading their verses) ..
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Got Life?: I'd say CK is around a B- and a C for DeadKing from what I know both writers are capable of, but I feel where you're coming from...strangely at number 6 we find Dougie G...thoughts?

Lucifa: lol .. well .. I know you and Q don't see the "improvement" that others are seeing from his verses .. but he is starting to produce tidier pieces .. he won't be gunning for a title any time soon but he stay doing his thing .. and even if I don't really rate it .. I respect it .. afraid he gets an E though ..

Got Life?: E for effort?

Lucifa: E for E finally won via votes

Got Life?: that might quite possibly be the worst knock knock joke ever...

Lucifa: quite fitting then

Got Life?: touche...what're your thoughts on Sephiroth though?

Lucifa: he's like a silent assassin .. I mean .. who the fuck is he? .. he seems to show up with a verse .. sneaks in his votes .. and that's it .. he isn't so much a 'personality' .. more an entity .. he's dropped some good pieces though .. he's up there on current form .. B- ..

Got Life?: haha, I guess I know him better because I actually talk to the guy, but I see where you're coming from...he's definitely a last minute lurker...and a good writer when he has time to string his thoughts together...so what're your thoughts on the newest Hooligan, Daht...

Lucifa: a very welcome addition to the rstl IMO .. solid writer .. shows his enjoyement of writing within his text .. skilled writer with a title belt in him .. how soon he gets that shot will depend though .. very solid B on evidence .. just a matter of stamina now ..

Got Life?: I feel you on that..so now modest mouse...grade yourself...something you always seem to avoid.

Lucifa: I avoid it with reason .. as I post my stuff because I like it .. it's up to others to get an opinion or rating of me .. I think my record (although taking a few wins via no-show) says that I'm a good enough writer to be competing and floating around the top 10 .. as for a grade .. I couldn't .. how about you slap a grade on me?

Got Life?: I'll give you a solid B+ when you're on.

Lucifa: fair

Got Life?: So...what about everyone's favorite rapist and hopskotcher...Q ball?

Lucifa: there's Q .. and there's Eye-Rime/Kid Phikshen .. in Eye-Rime mode Q is a very skilled writer .. able to adjust his style to suit a given opponent .. B+ all the way with moments of A- in him

Got Life?: and naturally I save myself for last...what are your thoughts of your once dreaded adversary?

Lucifa: is there a Z-?

Got Life?: HAHA

Lucifa: I kid .. nah .. although we used to go at it in the freepost threads .. I never let that cloud what I thought of your verses .. and some of them are some really good drops .. that piano piece is a standout example to me .. your thing with gore isn't always a bad thing .. only when overdone in consecutive weeks .. again .. a solid B+ with the odd A grade verse ..

Lucifa: looking forward to a really good Champ match this week

Lucifa: do you think you will beat Q? [/rhetorical]

Got Life?: I don't think there's ever been a single person I didn't think I was going to beat. So that's that one really.

Lucifa: indeed

Got Life?: so how do you think the league is doing post the jook era?

Lucifa: I think it's going just fine actually .. which I'm pleasently surprised by as I thought the loss of the prizepool would deter some people .. it's a strong field out there and the ranks are littered with solid writers .. in a few weeks time the top 10 should be more reflective of the standard of writers .. but hey .. we've gone over and over with the ranks .. some people still don't get it ..

Lucifa: some will never get it .. some will just never really feel it's the best way to do it .. but you and Q are keeping a tight ship right now and long may it continue

Got Life?: I'll actually put up 100 for the season tourney...SURPRISE!!!

Lucifa: that's some dedication .. props it does add something to the tensions of a playoff/tournament when there's a cash prize up for grabs

Got Life?: Except unlike Jook, I won't be voting towards certain competitors and I won't be secretly competing myself.

Lucifa: so the nah son rumours were true? lol

Got Life?: I'd put money on it.

Got Life?: I also know at least one fellow insomniac who has pretty much seen Jook sign off his name to post as nah son and revert.

Lucifa: hmm .. conspiracy theorists at the ready .. but then .. there's always something 'dodgey' happening in the rstl .. keeps us on our toes .. and coming back every week

Got Life?: good times, but last words, as I have to jet?

Lucifa: I just hope people appreciate the effort of the mods and the competitors and keep showing for their battles .. dropping the heat .. the league isn't in bad shape .. good to see that.

Got Life?: agreed…and I’ll catch you next week sunshine ;).
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

xi. Outroduction

Please, excuse my loose rambling throughout this magazine. The entire Dougie G article was from the top of the dome as I am very bored and waiting on my next class to start. I should be studying; however I can only seem to study right before the test. A gift and a curse I suppose, seeing as how I tend to score pretty high on nearly all of my test although I look like a zombie half the time due to lack of sleep.

Again, thank you to those that continue to show and that continue to exhibit model behavior. I am slowly but surely trying to mold this league into a creative writing forum for adults and therefore we should all act as such.

Thank you also to those who continue to help with this magazine. As you all know, my time has been limited lately and I know we all have our lives outside of the internet, but as of now I am covering uncharted ground and my life has been more hectic than usual. But I am doing my absolutely best to play the hand I have been dealt and I do not intend on walking out on this league. I gave my word and I will uphold it until I found someone worthy of succeeding where I leave off.

Good luck to you all this week and I hope we have just as good a turnout, if not better, than the week before.

Next week’s headline, the fitting of Q’s new crown!

Haha… good luck GL?.
    test
  15. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

The only crown you'll be wearing is after you got to the dentist from chipping your teeth as your jaw drops from how bad you lose...

I am not solely a dougie g hater...I hate all idiots equally...and get the fuck out of here /w me editting votes...I never editted a single person's votes...I didn't chat anyone up or anything of that nature...and even /w daht cahm's vote, had he kept it for Meta...Meta still got slaughtered in the votes...

Oh and TR, Ink lost by votes, and almost pulled a win had his votes been good, but 2 of his votes were trash.

and my editting powers got taken when i added a comment to master peace's flooding of his thread by informing him that that post docked him a vote...

so yea...that's my 2 cents...good mag...

would love to know TR's formula as to how the fuck Dougie G got into the top 10 or how CK got in above DK as DK won by a much bigger margin.
    test
  16. Dougie G

Dougie G New Member

test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^calm down

i dont even know what happened last night, lol, but its good to know that i can still tick old eugene off
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^that was for GL

and thanks DG
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol anyone can tick me off right now...i'm on my velocity program.
    test
  20. GodLooksUpToMe

GodLooksUpToMe You do too

dougie g> got life
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.