[MAG] The RSTL Tribune: Issue 1, Week 3

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    The RSTL Tribune: Volume 2, Issue 1, Week 3​

Contents

I. Introduction
    II. Up & Comer Award
    III. Tsk Tsk Award
    IV. The Baddest Bitch (Interview)
    V. Weekly Highlights
    VI. Breakdowns
    VII. Percentage Chart
    VIII. Momentum Chart
    IX. Official Rankings
    X. Predictions
    XI. Top 3 Competitor's
    XII. State of the Union Address (Interview)
    XIII. Outroduction

I | Introduction

Okay, these first few weeks have been a bit rocky for us all. Many things have been taking place in my personal life, as always, as well as my fellow moderator walking out on me and stepping up to the plate to run this entire league. A tough task to accomplish and I offer no promises, but I will do my best for as long as I can. The original idea was for me to moderate until school started back in last October or November and somehow I’ve endured through one quarter with straight A’s and I am now back at a University taking 6 classes all currently with A’s or B’s.

Aside from these reasons, the start of a new season is always and will always be rocky as long as it is run how Jook intended. This is the reason that I have changed the Seasonal format slightly. For the tournament held at the end of each 16 weeks, there will only be one bye week for all other participants and losers from the first round will be thrown back into the pool of participants. All signed in will be allowed to vote and all actively participating in the league MUST vote as always. The top 16 will therefore be held as just that, the top 16, until the champion is determined and therefore concluding the end of the season. The rankings for the top 16 will still reflect the NCAA system. Once a champion is determined, the league will continue and the archives will be adjusted accordingly.

Other rule changes have been amended as well. From now on, a recycled verse will be treated as a no show thus resulting in a loss for the recycler and a win for the recyclee assuming the recyclee posts all necessary voting links. Also, a no show suspension rule is now in effect. The first no show will result in no penalty. However, the second no show will result in a two week suspension, the third will result in a three week suspension, and the fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. Sign up requirements have been put in place as well. You must either have 150 posts or a legitimate referral to sign up. If you are new to this site, there is a forum that we call “Sig Check” in which you can raise your post count to meet our requirements. Another amendment has been enacted due to “switch-votes”. Switch-votes or changing one’s vote must be done within an hour of original post time. Anything outside of 60 minutes will automatically discredit that particular vote. Any habits in switch voting will result in a vote deduction against the switcher. Verses exceeding the line limit must be posted AFTER permission has been granted. Any verse exceeding the line limit that has been posted before permission has been granted will be automatically disqualified. Permission can only be granted by the opponent. Other slight changes make take place in the future.

Aside from this, I would like to thank those that have shone consistently last season, this season, or both. You are the heart of this league and we would not exist without you and your dedication. The first 3 weeks have been nothing less of expectations. There have been a fair amount of no shows and finished matches which have increased in number each week. Hopefully, it will continue to get better.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com . I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | Up & Comer Award
    (Recognizing New & Outstanding Participants)

I will not attempt to necessarily cover all outstanding participants, but only those who have gone unnoticed or who may be new to the league and have shown either skill or effort and potential of skill.

To begin, there have been many that have come and go quicker than Lucifa can bust a nut in Got Life?’s eye. However, few have shown a solid grip on writing and the potential to be a stamp within this league.

Some heads have reappeared, such as MetaSin and inkwell, and have shown glimpses of potential to take the throne, while others have come from under the rug and have left a definite impression.

Although I doubt he sticks around, he is currently still signed in. Receiving a loss in what I think was one of the biggest upsets of the week, Craccer_Jacc has shown the potential needed to climb in ranks. His writing is creative and refreshing and his imagery is spot on. Obviously, much work is needed, mainly on the structure/format, but outside of conforming to this league’s standards I thoroughly enjoyed his verse and his writing talent and am enthused to read on. His writing resembles that of a Dougie G with talent.

With that said, I would now like to acknowledge his presence with this Up & Comer Award, in hopes that he will stick around to improve his craft and bring a new life to this league.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | Tsk Tsk Award

With every outstanding feat, there will always be an equally disappointing event to match it. Within these past three weeks, the biggest disappointment has clearly been the large amount of no shows. Aside from the inevitable however, there is a much bigger disappointment amongst us.

By definition, a veteran is an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service. Naturally, one would assume a veteran to know and understand the rules set before him and obviously to abide by those very rules. Ironically, this is not the case for our current number one candidate for co-moderator.

Got Life? has always been a symbol for trouble and defiance. Why end the train ride now? In compliance with his reputation, Got Life? blatantly recycled a verse from years ago which he claims legitimate being that it never received any votes or feedback but simply played as a pawn to a no show verse. Assuming this true, I can see his reasoning however I can also see the rules which state “NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS.”

With that said, I am awarding GL with the Tsk Tsk Award for being disappointing as a veteran and blatantly defying the rules, whatever the reason may be. Hopefully he has recognized and realized his wrongdoing and will strive to set a better example for his fellow participants.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV | The Baddest Bitch
    (Interview)

Got Life: so lets begin...
    Got Life: you've been in the league on and off now since the return what are your thoughts on it to date?
    Bonnie Bathory: I like the league... I think we had kind of that good cop bad cop mod thing going on and it helped to balance... it should only get more interesting once there are two bad boys running it... overall tho... I think the talent is great in the league and I've had a few opponents I'm proud to say I had the chance to battle
    Got Life: I feel you on that, although I have to say when I first came around the league you had riko, tali, vern, claus, dic, and a lot of other top notch writers, which honestly right now I don't see. Infact only four of the 27 people in this past week have ever won a championship. Only 2 of us having won it more than once.
    Got Life: That though is mainly based on motivation...what keeps you motivated to write in the RSTL?
    Bonnie Bathory: I think my past has been fairly wild... I try to incorporate what I can from my real experiences into my story lines... it doesn't always make for the most imaginative verses so far, but it has helped me to avoid writers block
    Got Life: I tend to agree with that, for the most part if I'm ever lacking a real idea I'll reflect on something from my past as well.
    Got Life: So you've been regarded by some as the top chick, how do you feel about that categorization?
    Bonnie Bathory: From what I've seen on this board it's pretty accurate haha!
    Got Life: Well I'll stick with my statement that Nique is a dude, and if that's the story then I'd say you're up there although if I'm wrong in that regard I'd have to give kudos to Nique.
    Bonnie Bathory: I haven't had the pleasure of reading one of her verses yet, though I hear great things
    Bonnie Bathory: I'd love there to be more great female writers, I'm not sure why more girls haven't gotten into it
    Got Life: In my time I've seen Nique, Tha Dq, Lola Cruz, Erykah Caine, Misskey and yourself
    Got Life: but only you have really been around consistently
    Bonnie Bathory: Haven't heard of any of them but Nique... Lucy Leviathan was good from what I remember, and Bobby Pen has torn up the Cypher a few times, though, I'm not sure if either are actually females... you never know on RM dudes havin identity issues all the time
    Got Life: lol yea, Dic use to use a female alias because he said it got him more votes...but at the same time, what do you think the league is lacking?
    Bonnie Bathory: I think a few people cast resentful votes in spite, other than that... lately, maybe lack of useable topics... that is just my lazy creativity though. I'm impartial to whether a lot of people post or write well, I will post a verse either way
    Got Life: True, but then again come the tournament you flaked, what happened?
    Bonnie Bathory: I recieved a settlement check from my father's will right before battles were posted... and I was out fragrantly spending it like there was no tomorrow
    Got Life: I guess nothing can stop a chick from shopping
    Bonnie Bathory: haha true that
    Got Life: so...what makes you tick?
    Bonnie Bathory: probably instant gratification... Im in constant quest to have immediate fun
    Bonnie Bathory: I suck at patience over anything
    Bonnie Bathory: which will explain anytime you see multiple posts from me
    Got Life: I guess I'ma have to link up /w you once I get to AZ
    Got Life: Well Q is definitely the queen of multiple posts
    Bonnie Bathory: oh ya you'd have a blast! im always out partying
    Got Life: That's normally my story too, but the whole knee surgery has had me down for weeks...
    Bonnie Bathory: Hold please, phone
    Got Life: kk
    Bonnie Bathory: Great! Going to a house party tonight with my girls wo0t w0ot!
    Got Life: Does this mean more girl on girl pics for your rm fans lol?
    Bonnie Bathory: haha! I could take plenty of those if that is what the fans want to see... I'm a beautiful lesbian magnet, I duno why... It's a gift
    Got Life: sounds like a good time
    Bonnie Bathory: I will be taking pictures tonight, its Feb. 29th... won't be another day like today for four more years
    Got Life: i'ma be here, lifting weights, chewing pain killers, and pissing off 1/2 the planet
    Bonnie Bathory: Yea, I've noticed you have quite a following of haters
    Got Life: I'm quite proud of that, it actually all spurred from some dumb shit...I signed into the league around the time insense signed out and everyone thought I was insense and they wouldn't leave it alone, so naturally I got pissed
    Got Life: plus I wrote a mag article each week talking shit about just about everyone...so yea...
    Got Life: from there I continued being a cocky asshole and I seem to step on toes left and right...
    Bonnie Bathory: I feel you, I had my time at RM where I was widely disliked... mainly when I was much younger, probably 18 or so and had a very abrasive personality
    Bonnie Bathory: Corm once told me I have the most unlikeable personality on the entire internet LOL!
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Got Life: I'm just very honest...and well that's never gonna carry over well on RM
    Bonnie Bathory: Meh... if you put yourself out there, you have to expect strangers to be brutally honest
    Bonnie Bathory: Fighting everybody who doesn't think you're as awesome as you are is an neverending battle
    Bonnie Bathory: you do* rather
    Got Life: haha, i liked it more the first way
    Bonnie Bathory: lol
    Bonnie Bathory: I think you're alright... you seem to give sincere breakdowns and thats appreciated by me
    Got Life: word, I can live with that
    Got Life: so lets wrap this up with a word associaton...just hit me with the first thing that comes to mind
    Bonnie Bathory: alrighty go
    Got Life: Jook
    Bonnie Bathory: leaving
    Got Life: Q
    Bonnie Bathory: modding
    Got Life: IV
    Bonnie Bathory: is good
    Got Life: heroin
    Bonnie Bathory: is bad
    Got Life: cocaine
    Bonnie Bathory: crazy times
    Got Life: hip hop
    Bonnie Bathory: doesnt stop
    Bonnie Bathory: LOL
    Got Life: net dating
    Bonnie Bathory: lame
    Got Life: baron mynd
    Bonnie Bathory: dramatic
    Got Life: tekneek
    Bonnie Bathory: asian
    Got Life: favorite sexual position
    Bonnie Bathory: doggy
    Got Life: ideal first date?
    Bonnie Bathory: house party
    Bonnie Bathory: beer pong! wo0t
    Got Life: beer of choice?
    Bonnie Bathory: newcastle
    Got Life: choice of drug?
    Bonnie Bathory: mary jane
    Got Life: rstl championship
    Bonnie Bathory: hard to achieve
    Got Life: size matters?
    Bonnie Bathory: sure does (sorry!)
    Got Life: haha
    Bonnie Bathory: lol
    Got Life: well i think that will give most of the guys something to ponder and dream about...and that last one is sure to break tek's heart...
    Bonnie Bathory: LOL!
    Got Life: anything else you'd like to add?
    Bonnie Bathory: Ya... I love people. You guys are mostly pretty cool, thanks for accepting me as a writer... and (mostly) not hating on me for being a female writer.
    Bonnie Bathory: A few have told me to go back to the kitchen, LOL, but not in the last few years
    Got Life: And thank you for being probably the only chick chill enough to tolerate some of my obnoxious questions, you definitely earn your spot as "one of the guys"
    Bonnie Bathory: Thanks... whoever had the smallest weenor can rest assured I've taken over that position for them
    Got Life: lmao...
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V | Weekly Highlights

Week 1

Match of the Week
    Lucifa vs Alias2

Best Verse
    Infinite Truth

Worst Verse
    Everest

Best Flow
    Pain

Best Story
    Alias2

Best Imagery
    Infinite Truth

Best Overall Mechanics
    Infinite Truth

Best Story Progression
    Lucifa

Best Voter
    Eye-Rime

Biggest Surprise
    IT actually showed to his match

Biggest Upset
    Jook’s departure

Week 3

Match of the Week
    Insanevillian v. inkwell (chris)

Best Verse
    MetaSin

Worst Verse
    Craccer_Jacc

Best Flow
    Pain

Best Story
    MetaSin

Best Imagery
    Got Life?

Best Overall Mechanics
    Got Life?

Best Story Progression
    Metasin

Best Voter
    Eye-Rime

Biggest Surprise
    MetaSin

Biggest Upset
    Lack of good voting.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | Breakdowns

The RSTL Returns again…

So the league is back and I’m still here. I guess what else is new. For those of you that missed it the tourney went off alright although it didn’t really showcase anyone pulling out all the stops. Although now it appears that the cash at the end of the road has vanished as Jook takes his retirement from the net. I know he’s doing it because it’s the right thing for him to be doing at this point in his life and so I fully support his move. In light of that, please be patient with Q because running his life and this league by himself will not be an easy task until he is provided help moderating it. Naturally I’ll be doing my part and might even be the person to become the assisting moderator, but whichever the case.

At the moment no one is ranked yet because we didn’t want anyone just jumping up and taking the title right off the bat, but there are a few people showing signs that they can do the damn. I’ll certainly be in the mix with all you suckers, but yea, we’ll see how it all pans out. No more recycling from me considering my fan club is running rampant and I can’t sneeze the same way twice. Anyhow, with that I bring you the breakdowns of the matches we’ve had so far that actually deserve any breakdown.

Season 2, Week 1:

The Battle of the Brits
    Lucifa vs Alias2

Alias2 came to the table with a beautiful verse as far as I’m concerned especially coming from the picture that he used about the baton march, but in the way he depicted it, the piece was very smooth and the emotion really jumps out at you. At the end of the day the only thing the verse lacked was a clear cut character that stood out and was developed in order to make it relatable to all the readers. At the same time Lok went a more consistent route really building up a piece around the character and winding it into a trial with a somewhat provoking end. To me though one of the things that Lok does which was also evident here was really dumbed down rhyming and a way of taking on a character that seemingly speaks like a less educated person and he rhymes like that person would. While I appreciate the attention to detail to me that drives me nuts as I don’t feel that’s the route to go. At the end of the day Lok pulled out the win, but the decision wasn’t unanimous.

The New Guy meets That Chick
    Everest vs Bonnie

In all honesty this battle was close, but it didn’t really bring too much to the table. In essence the reason why it caught so many votes was because it was a nice short battle. Everest had a piece that essentially broke down to nothing. It’s one of those flaws that a lot of writers fall into with thinking that it’s clever, but at the end of the day. You are the writer, finish your verse, make it what you want, not what the reader wants necessarily. At the same time, Bonnie did what Bonnie does, almost Erykah Caine like. She writes pieces about her personal experiences and her struggles, yet she does it flawlessly as a true artist. At the end of the day Everest actually won this battle though his faults at not voting ended up making this battle a tie. Regardless of which I didn’t feel like this battle exemplified the level of writing either of these two are capable of.

Captain Disappointment meets The New Poet
    S.Issue vs Memento

So S.I. continues to disappoint me. Probably one of the more talented cats that’s been around almost consistently every other week last season, S.I. pulled up short yet again this week and put together a piece that lacked any closure as all he really gave us was the beginning, although it was a pretty good one. Now memento didn’t exactly write a novel as he obviously wasn’t going for overkill, but what he did show was a lot of depth behind what he wrote, something that he’s exemplified in both weeks of competition so far which shows resurgence for the more poetic writers in the RSTL. This is something I use to be against, yet I find memento to be rather refreshing, for now at least. The voters did as well as he ran off with the win.

Iron Man meets the Shit Lister
    Got Life? vs Condescending

This was a joke, I pulled out a topical piece about whatever I felt like throwing together in about 20 minutes because honestly, Condescending is a joke to me and I didn’t feel like wasting my time writing against him. At the end of the day it was more than enough to blow past whatever he decided to put up.

Season 2, Week 2:

Here comes the drama…
    Got Life? vs Inkwell (Chris)

Ok so yea, I recycled. Blah, blow me. Inkwell gave me a run for my money over a year ago, these days I don’t consider him competition nor did I bother to write, instead I rehashed a solid verse that I had written for Pain, a battle to which Pain didn’t show. Regardless Ink put up a decent verse about angels or something or other, anyway, the drama of me recycling drew enough attention to this battle so most of you read what he wrote, I didn’t.

Battle of the mods
    Tek vs King Grimet

So tek came to the table this week putting up a piece that lacked some of the “gangsta” shit that people get really annoyed at tek for bringing to the table. At the same time if you really look at the piece it definitely was inspired by “the ghetto”, yet the subtlety of the piece is what made it captivating and actually something worth reading. KG on the other hand can’t seem the catch a break whether it’s the loss via no-show in week 1 because he’s not use to how people act in the RSTL and this week finally catching tek in somewhat fighting form. KG committed one of the fatal sins of writing though, writing a piece about personal emotion. This never goes over well unless done in an abstract where others can relate because at the end of the day, while I’m one of the few that will actually admit it, no one here gives a fuck about the other person. Naturally tek won, but keep plugging away KG, even though you’re an emotional fucker.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

And I’m out of witty titles…
    Lucifa vs Memento

Lok came to the table with his measured approach and he did his thing there, but at the same time it was very blah to me which is why I’ll be brief. To me mem had the better piece where he brought a much more poetic piece that had more flavor to it, but whichever the case, it’s getting late and the vicodin is kicking in.

Dougie G vs Craka Jak

What I can tell you about this is both of these kids chose to write about acid without having any knowledge about acid. Bad call, two bad verses, giant waste of time.

Sephiroth vs Everest

See above, minus the acid. Add in the fact that they both took bland approaches to the same pic and it took till Sunday for this to get posted.

And so it is what it is really, there’s nothing here that wasn’t necessarily expected as the ranks aren’t established yet and the real beasts haven’t reared their heads yet. As the weeks move forward and we get into full swing, expect to see some real fire come out the kitchen.

So yea, keep it moving fuckers.

Season 2, Week 3

Insanevillian 2-0 vs inkwell (chris) 2-0

So honestly I was disappointed by this battle although it seems that everyone else doesn’t quite agree with me. Inkwell took his topic quite literally and wrote a piece about a guy who ends up fucking his cousin’s girl at his grandmother’s funeral in a church. This topic could have been done very taboo or with a nice comedic twist, but instead ink just gave us a very straight forward account without adding much to the already provided storyline. In light of this it’s no surprise that a much better ending from IV took this battle. IV’s piece started out slow about a broke musician peddling on the streets, but keeping a love for music. Essentially it was nothing out of the ordinary even as the musician met a girl that put out, not only to him, but to connects to move things forwards. It almost felt like an 8 mile rendition, but then as she kills him with a shotgun and our musician is revealed to be Kurt Cobain, the twist does the piece justice and brings it together quite well.

Eye-Rime 14-2 vs Pain 1-0

When you consider the caliber of both writers in this match there is no surprise that it is as close as it is and that it was worth the read. On one side you have Pain, one of the longest serving members in the RSTL and a former champion before the league crossed hands. On the other side you have Q, the league’s mod and one of the most formidable opponents as of late. Here Pain brought out the kind of piece those that know him have come to expect from him. A great flow and nice building rhyme scheme and a piece that showed off his writer’s voice while talking about something that absolutely everyone and their grandmother can relate to. In this case a relationship that built between a guy and a girl, a girl who was originally dating the guy’s friend. Really nothing out of the ordinary in this piece or anything over the top, but it was a good piece of writing none the less. Q brought a great piece of rhyming to the table as well although it felt very methodical and scripted almost to the point where it was dry and drab, but the piece focused on a father with a child on the way where something goes awry and ends in suicide. The actual piece I’m sure Q can offer more insight on as maybe I didn’t get all of it, but to me it lacked clarity. Currently the battle is a tie, but when this mag is put up, you’ll know the victor.

MetaSin 0-0 vs Stars€reen 0-0

While this was actually the first battle up not to many people noticed it and in all honesty I don’t blame them as this was the worst battle with the exception of condescending vs ••••••• jacc. Star wrote a piece that attacked some of the hip hop you hear on the radio these days and also talked about a déjà vu experience that centered around his car and some problems he was having, but the piece lacked any real profound ideas or a solid execution of ideas. Meta took the win easy on account of this as he had a piece that was carried by strong progression, good imagery, and much more focused and thought out ideas. I think both of these guys can become solid writers if they stick it out and allow themselves to develop as writers.

Got Life? 11-4 vs -Sephiroth- 1-1

I think Sephiroth is honestly quite shady and should be signed out from the week to come. He didn’t really show up himself, never even having signed on since the topics were posted, then out of nowhere he pm’s his verse to DannyC for that fag to post it? Eh…I dunno about all that, but regardless, he still hasn’t been seen since that moment, but no worries. I made nice and easy work of Sephiroth without really putting too much effort into my piece. He wrote a piece about the night and the streets that flowed well and had some smooth rhyming, but it really did not carry much weight or provide much of an entertainment factor. I wrote a piece that builds as a conversation amongst two men, one who is so strongly driven by the love and infatuation of a girl who he describes as almost a goddess, but as events come to pass you realize that the girl didn’t share his affection as she ends the date by slapping him in the face. Short sweet and to the point, I have nothing else to say about this so keep it moving.

Memento 1-1 vs Bonnie Bathory 6-2

As opposed to the days where you would see guys slug it out with 64 bars a piece and asking for line limit extensions this battle was nice and short, but both of these young writers came to the table and didn’t make it an easy decision. What ended up prevailing was Bonnie’s clarity over Memento’s poetic obscurity. Bonnie wrote a piece that related to her own life which cycles through a nightmare or dreamlike state which executes upon the topic of déjà vu quite well. On the other end of the table Memento had a poetic and rather in depth yet short piece that was seemingly written as to be the devil talking about the evil’s in the world and how they sway our society. At the end of the day the lack of a truly developed character was the downfall of memento’s piece. I look forward to reading more from both of these young writers though.

Condescending 0-2 vs Craccer_Jacc 0-0

Considering the effort put forth by both of these guys I won’t put much effort into the breakdown of this battle. No name ••••••• jacc wrote some absolute non-sense that was an utter pain in the ass to follow with an awkward structure and pattern that resembled very little actual rap or rhyming. Beyond that there was very little clarity here regardless. Con on the other hand had clarity in his piece and even had a pretty good idea, but he lacked the desire to really make his writing stand out, which he promises to finally do one of these days, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Regardless, Condescending improves upon his record and moves up the ranks to 1-2.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | Percentage Chart

1. Insanevillian 100% (3-0)
    1. Pain 100% (2-0)
    1. MetaSin 100% (1-0)
    2. Bonnie Bathory 78% (7-2)
    3. Lucifa 76% (13-4)
    4. Got Life? 75% (12-4)
    5. Dougie G 67% (2-1)
    5. inkwell (chris) 67% (2-1)
    6. Condescending 33% (1-2)
    6. Memento 33% (1-2)
    6. -Sephiroth- 33% (1-2)
    7. Stars€reen 0% (0-1)
    7. Craccer_Jacc 0% (0-1)
    7. Blackanese 0% (0-1)
    7. Rymaholik 0% (0-1)
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | Momentum Chart

1. Insanevillian 3-0
    2. Pain 2-0
    3. MetaSin 1-0
    4. Got Life? 12-4
    5. Bonnie Bathory 7-2
    6. Condescending 1-2
    7. Lucifa 13-4
    8. Dougie G 2-1
    9. inkwell (chris) 2-1
    10. Stars€reen 0-1
    11. -Sephiroth- 1-2
    12. Memento 1-2
    13. Craccer_Jacc 0-1
    14. Blackanese 0-1
    15. Rymaholik 0-1
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | Official Rankings

Contender 1. Lucifa 13-4
    Contender 2. Insanevillian 3-0

Contender 3. Pain 2-0
    Contender 4. MetaSin 1-0

Contender 5. Got Life? 12-4
    Contender 6. Dougie G 2-1

Contender 7. Bonnie Bathory 7-2
    Contender 8. Condescending 1-2

9. BaySick 0-0
    10. Daht Calm 0-0

11. DiggityDiggs 0-0
    12. Juked 0-0

13. ***** 0-0
    14. Memorie 0-0

15. inkwell (chris) 2-1
    16. Stars€reen 0-1

17. -Sephiroth- 1-2
    18. Memento 1-2

19. Craccer_Jacc 0-1
    20. Blackanese 0-1
    21. Rymaholik 0-1
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | Predictions

Contender 1. Lucifa 13-4
    Contender 2. Insanevillian 3-0
    Lucifa -2

To be honest, this could easily be a candidate for best battle of the week and neither has the edge. Both have the potential as writers to produce great works and yet both also have the potential to disappoint. Lucifa is a tough competitor who loves the sport of writing more than the sport of competing and therefore is guaranteed to test himself if nobody else. He will write to impress himself, which can either be good or bad depending if his tastes for the week parallel with the readers or not. IV on the other hand, is a proven writer, or shall I say has been a proven writer in the past. In recent weeks he has yet to produce groundbreaking material and therefore anything goes here. If he drops another mediocre verse like last week, it is very much likely that this will be a blow out. But I am under the impression that IV will produce when needed, and in this case it is much needed. I predict both will show and both will write to impress, but in the end I have to believe my gut and go with Lucifa by at least 2 votes.

Contender 3. Pain 15-2
    Contender 4. MetaSin 1-0
    Pain -1

Contender 5. Got Life? 12-4
    Contender 6. Dougie G 2-1
    Got Life -5

It sucks that rankings ended up in this manner. For some reason Got Life? continues to travel the easy road. By pure luck of course, but wow… it just keeps getting easier and easier. Not to offend Dougie, who is a hell of a competitor, but he’s just not at that level yet to compete in the top six with writers like Got Life?. I wish him the best and I hope that he takes criticism for what it is and improves and continues to improve and possibly gives GL a run for his money, but I highly doubt it. Therefore, I have to go with Got Life? in a landslide.

Contender 7. Bonnie Bathory 7-2
    Contender 8. Condescending 1-2
    Bonnie -3

Another battle which possesses great potential, Bonnie is a proven lyricists and the dopest female in the game by far. Con is still struggling to prove his worth, always falling short with what seem to be last minute verses. However, his potential shines through and I feel that if he finds the time, this battle may be much closer than some may expect. But as is, and from recent history, my gut says that Bonnie has more than enough in her brazier to pull away with the W here. Bonnie by at least 3 votes.

9. BaySick 0-0
    10. Daht Calm 0-0
    Even

Bay is a mediocre author by definition. Daht Calm is unknown, although Got Life? vouches for him. Both are potential no showers. Baysick should either be well rested since his last stint and ready to produce some quality material, or washed up and ready to drop in ranks along with Dougie. I’m torn here, but my gut says Daht Calm wins by a couple.

11. DiggityDiggs 0-0
    12. Juked 0-0
    Even

DiggityDiggs was a late sign in. Juked was here last season and did fairly well. Given they both show (which I would rate Diggs as a possible no show), I’ll go with familiarity and put my chips on Juked simply because I’ve heard his name before.

13. ***** 0-0
    14. Memorie 0-0
    Even

I know of neither and therefore I’ll call this match even. Assuming both show I’ll put my money on the five stars because his name is more appealing.

15. inkwell (chris) 2-1
    16. Stars€reen 0-1
    Even

Neither have done much to prove their worth; however Ink has done slightly more. Skating through a few matches by chance, ink has shown glimpses of potential and if given the time and motivation I feel as though he may out write star here. StarsCreen did fairly well last week and if he keeps it consistent or improves even slightly this should be a close match up. My gut said ink, but I’m going with StarsCreen on this one.

17. -Sephiroth- 1-2
    18. Memento 1-2
    Memento -1

Sephiroth has seemed uninspired as of late and Memento as well. Both have the potential to defeat the other and both have consistently showed. I give Mem the edge here however because he seems to have more time and focus on his hands than Seph. As for skills, I would rate this about equal. Most probably one of the closest matches of the week, but I’m going with Memento by at least a vote.

19. Craccer_Jacc 0-1
    20. Blackanese 0-1
    21. Rymaholik 0-1
    Craccer_Jacc -2

Assuming all parties show, Craccer is the only one that has proven any ounce of skill. Both Black and Rym no showed last week and neither seem motivated to perform. Craccer on the other hand, somewhat impressed me last week and therefore I’m sticking with him by at least 2 votes.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | Top 3 Competitors

1. Insanevillian, because he is at the top of the ranks in a position to win the first title of season one very shortly. His opponent is formidable and he will look to pull a win out of his ass here by attempting to produce a stellar verse. Lucifa will do as always and write for himself and therefore I feel as though the decision is left up to IV. If his groundbreaking verse backfires in his face or he comes with a list of excuses as to why he didn’t have the time, then Luc will take this one easily. Good luck to both.

2. MetaSin, because he has caught a lot of hype after last week’s showing and is also in a good position to steal the title very soon. He will look to improve on last week’s downfalls and capitalize on his strengths, producing a hard to beat verse. Building on his hype, he will have to keep it consistent here or his momentum will be his defeat.

3. Bonnie Bathory, simply put: because she’s always up to perform. She never conforms to the standards and is always hungry for a win against a worthy opponent. Here, I feel she will do more than enough, coming off a close call due to technicalities but a good W under the belt. She is also in a position to possibly grab the title that she once had the chance of taking. In hopes to redeem her reputation as the girl who couldn’t cut it in the champ match, Bonnie is my number three out of three top competitors. Good luck!
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | State of The Union Address
    (Interview)

Got Life: you wanna do an exit interview for the RSTL mag?
    Jook: Sure amigo
    Got Life: Arite, so you've certainly been a figure head for the league in this past 6 months, and definitely one of the top heads to ever enter it...what made you finally say goodbye?
    Jook: Honestly, I am under investigation, and have a lot of shit to do. It's a complicated situation, and I hate that I am involved, but I did the right thing I believe. So until this shit get straight I wont have the time or the energy to provide the league quality service it deserves.
    Got Life: I can't be mad at that, at the end of the day real life takes much more importance than the league, what do you think you'll miss the most about it though?
    Jook: I'll miss the writing. I enjoyed reading most of the people in the league. I'll miss the people who are filled with personality
    Got Life: who in particular will you miss the most and the least, give me a top 5 for each
    Jook: This shit sounds homo. So let me add a no homo to it first and foremost. I will miss everyone. I mean everybody plays a part in the league. From you, Q, and TR, all the way down to Dougie G
    Got Life: Indeed, always taking a political approach, you never were one to really stir beef, but on occassion i've seen you get your feathers ruffled...who are some of your biggest rivals?
    Jook: Lol ah man, I am not really competitive in writing anymore so I can't say I have a rival. But a couple of faggots I hate are nimrod and favian.
    Jook: They have nothing to do with the league of course
    Jook: LOL
    Got Life: indeed, what do you think the league is missing these days though, personally I could go for some good beef, haven't seen any in a long time.
    Jook: Beef is always good. But to me the league is missing tolerance. It will be the death of the league mark my words. I'll use you and Q for an example because I know you nigguhs wont take it personal. You guys vote absolutely harsh. I would like to see more helpful criticism. By you guys going in matches and saying that was wack, weak, horrible, etc, you guys are discouraging the writers. That's why when I vote, I try to help people understand what they need to improve without using such negative words.
    Jook: You guys need to give props. The majority of the league has too much pride
    Jook: I've read some great verses
    Jook: Only to see people come in and say it was okay, could have flowed better.
    Got Life: You know how I feel about your voting following the playoffs, but I hear where you're coming from, but the problem is in voting in general because not many people wanna go in there and give a lot of feed to someone to only get back some generic response that doesn't even look like the person read the battles.
    Got Life: The other thing that I noticed now in season 2 is a lack of top notch writers...do you think that'll be a detriment to the league?
    Jook: Hmm, I think that top notch writers are great. But in a time where Vern the best writer to ever graze the RSTL, is really just decent. It's anyones game and now it
    Jook: is up to anyone who is hungry and focused enough
    Jook: to keep this going
    Got Life: I hear where you're coming from, but looking at the 3 weeks that have gone on so far...the front runners are IV, Pain, and Myself...all former champs, but beyond us and I'd say Q and Lok have written some good verses
    Got Life: I can't see anyone really sparking any flames
    Jook: Well it's just week 3 bro. So stay tuned. You never know who may come back. But I feel you on that. At this moment, you may be right.
    Got Life: Competition is what fuels great writers to me so at the moment I'm a little let down, but indeed we will see.
    Jook: Yeah great writers inspire people
    Jook: But IMO,
    Jook: The current RSTL wouldn't be able to recognize a great writer
    Jook: too much pride in you guys
    Got Life: lol, i think the exact opposite
    Got Life: look how much dap TR got last season
    Jook: TR was a fan fav
    Jook: he got along with people
    Jook: He was in the circle of friends
    Jook: So he was a good writer, plus him being personable was good
    Got Life: wouldn't you agree that being personable is part of being successful though?
    Jook: Yes sir, but my point is a great writer who is not personable will be beat my a good/decent writer who is personable everytime. I've seen it happen
    Got Life: granted, but that's life
    Got Life: at the end of the day it's not like we have robots voting on matches
    Jook: lol no doubt
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Got Life: so i guess lets wrap this up with a grade for writers
    Jook: Okay
    Got Life: IV
    NASDAQ Hustle: B
    Got Life: Inkwell(chris)
    Jook: B
    Jook: Mind you some of these people I've seen write once
    Got Life: Dougie G
    Jook: C-
    Jook: He could use some work
    Got Life: just some?...lol...Bonnie B.
    Jook: B, she has the creativity. She just needs that story development and she'd be really good.
    Got Life: true, how bout your favorite guy...Pain
    Jook: Since I believe you and pain are one of the same, I'll give you guys a B+
    Got Life: lol, you need to get off that, pain and I are two different people
    Jook: Not from what I read.
    Got Life: LOL
    Got Life: we do have exceptional collab chemistry though
    Jook: Same exact comma placement, and period placement, rhyme scheme etc
    Jook: I am a beast finding similarities
    Got Life: then you'd realize pain writes /w a lot of repetition
    Jook: Lol so anyway
    Got Life: and i never use the same word more than twice at the start of any bars
    Jook: Yeah?
    Jook: Okay
    Jook: So is that what makes you think you guys write different
    Jook: Lol
    Got Life: LOL
    Got Life: w/e nigga, you and ldogg are the same person...how's that...
    Jook: Lmfao ah shit
    Got Life: or...more like you and nahson
    Jook: nah son is my nigguh
    Got Life: do you say that in the mirror when talkin to yaself?
    Jook: Lmao
    Jook: man I believe nah son is DAD
    Jook: he got you guys fooled
    Got Life: yawn...dad is busy picking habichuelas along the freeway
    Jook: Lmao DAD is a homie though
    Got Life: yea...every league needs a socially awkward hispanic kid
    Jook: I concur
    Got Life: last but not least for the grades though...the bad cop to your good cop...Q
    Jook: Q is a B+ too. The kid didn't write a single RSTL verse before last season and he was a heavy contender. He reminds me of a younger me, he'll be good if he develops
    Got Life: true
    Got Life: any last words for the kids?
    Jook: Yeah, J o o k will be alright man. They gave me a partner since this shit popped off, but I still got a job LOL. Under the best circumstances I'd like to come back and host playoffs with yall. Everybody keep writing and stay focused. Don't be afraid to show love.
    Jook: SHOW LOVE TO YOUR FELLOW WRITERS.
    Got Life: word, stay clean and stay safe you crooked bastid...and no more myspace...
    Jook: hahaha
    Jook: bet
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | Outroduction

Thus far, this has been a great season. Sign ups are consistent and we have a handful who continue to show up. Our main goal as of now is to increase the number of completed matches. Last week we were over 50% which is great, especially for only the third week of competition. Good luck to you all in your matches and let's make this week history!

Credits

I. Introduction
    By MCQuriosity

II. Up & Comer Award
    By MCQuriosity

III. Tsk Tsk Award
    By MCQuriosity

IV. The Baddest Bitch (Interview)
    By Got Life? & Bonnie Bathory

V. Weekly Highlights
    By Got Life? & MCQuriosity

VI. Breakdowns
    By Got Life?

VII. Percentage Chart
    By MCQuriosity

VIII. Momentum Chart
    By MCQuriosity

IX. Official Rankings
    By MCQuriosity

X. Predictions
    By MCQuriosity

XI. Top 3 Competitor's
    By MCQuriosity

XII. State of the Union Address (Interview)
    By Got Life? & Jook

XIII. Outroduction
    By MCQuriosity
    test
  17. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

looooool, this kid said Nimrod and favian hahaha. Jook stay getting at those Liberals.
    test
  18. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good mag...

the fuck is with the pink and purple...

and am I the only one who didn't get caught in the hype of metasin?
    test
  19. Daht Cahm

Daht Cahm The Poster Child

Haha. Haven't dropped a single line of the artistic literary nature and I am already expected to win. Fantabulous.
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol, jook leaving was gay and well, so are you... so i came up with pink and purple

you're hot pink in the tsk tsk section
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.