[MAG] The RBL Herald, Week 25

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Are grudge matches a good addition to the format of this league?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

----- RBL CHAMPION, WEEK 25 -----
    [​IMG]

---------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1) Introduction
    2) Weekly Poll
    3) Shameless Advertisement
    4) Match of the Week (MOTW)
    5) Punchline Pandemonium
    6) Personals Pandemonium
    7) No-Show Shine
    8) Official Rankings
    9) Top 10 Predictions
    10) Top 3 Prospects
    11) Outroduction

---------------

1) Introduction

Wow, best week yet. I am over impressed and almost inclined to do some special stuff (once I think of something to actually do) for this league. I mean seriously, this past week was probably the best completion rate in centuries. I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a league with perfect attendance but 16/20 (80%) matches is damn near perfect. Not to mention that the actual rate would’ve reflected 17/20 (85%) had Jai dropped the chip on her shoulder. Seriously though, I am extremely proud of the participants within this league and though we’ve yet to break 50 (which would be easily done if Deon just co-moderated with me and merged) we have consistently stayed near 30-40 with high completion rates week in/out.

Also, the effects of the ranking system have shone drastically. Some good matches have been produced and the top of the tier is beginning to look more elite. Competition is also being mixed well and people jumping around the ranks more frequently.

In other news, we still have late voters and those of you who sign out due to a loss. It always seems suspect from my end when after you’re down by 5 on Sunday night, you all the sudden have a profound revelation of how you have too much work to continue competing. True enough that we all have our lives outside of this window, and I respect that you leave when you can instead of no-showing and tainting our progress. I’m just saying that it’s very ironic that you only realize you have little time upon a loss.

Late voters are a problem as well. Not necessarily for the league, but for me. My wife gets home around 11:15 which is when I intend on showering and preparing for sleep. This is why I made changes to the voting deadline. I encourage you all to vote as early as possible as matches will be closed by 10:00PM each Sunday. Matches that haven’t received enough votes by this time will only prolong the week and you will begin to see matches up Monday afternoons instead of Sunday nights. It’s your call. Please note that failure to post links no longer results in a loss. I have been lenient do to low activity and good voting turnouts but this past week was slack and I am beginning to consider enforced the rules thoroughly. Still, a failure to post links will only lead to a loss due to technicality but will be treated as an actual win and the competitor will advance as such. For a more thorough ruling, please refer to the official rules thread.

Also note that line limit changes are in effect.

Moving on, without any further adieu, I would like to end this introduction by extending a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

2) Weekly Poll

Last week’s poll: Is my editing your posts abusing my mod powers? Yes/No
    Results: 5 Yes, 9 No
    My opinion: By definition yes. But I stress to you that my only intent is to reduce freeposting while at the same time reducing infractions to those that fail to comply by the rules. I believe it will be wiser in the future to just move all posts to a JUNK thread, however I felt as though the editing/merging posts was a good solution to a problem. What are your views? Since OZ turned me in, the results of this poll will probably not matter, but I'm still curious as to what your thoughts on the subject are. Please, express yourselves.

My final decision is that I will continue to run the league as I see fit or until a higher power eliminates that ability. Until then, I assure you that this league will thrive like never before, no matter the amount of competitors. I am Quriosity, and I approve this message.

This week’s poll: Are grudge matches a good addition to the format of this league? Yes/No

Expand.

PLEASE, KEEP IN MIND THAT I ONLY USE ANONYMOUS POLLING OPTIONS MEANING THAT I CAN NOT VIEW WHO ACTUALLY CHOSE WHAT.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

3) Shameless Advertisement

[​IMG]
    Click The Banner To Show Your Interest

Can’t say much else about it being as how I don’t know much to begin with. I had requested Lucifa send me some sort or form of article of information, but he failed to do so. All I know is that it is a tournament for storytellers. I excel in the art and therefore I will be a part of it in support of my home league. I encourage you all to do so as well IF you are a true storyteller and IF you have the time. The last thing I want to do is hinder the success of this league for another and vice versa. But, if you have interest and have time, then show your interest by clicking the banner. Otherwise, talk shit and carry on as usual.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

4) Match of the Week (MOTW)

5. Muffffy 3-0 v. 6. Quriosity 3-0

A classical conflict between two heavyweight writers of different eras. This was easily the best and most sought for match of the week, accumulating near 300 views and ending in what seemed to be a blowout fashion. I think Muffffy will agree, however, that I delivered the more fundamentally, mechanically, and traditionally advanced verse.

This is exactly the reason why I chose to highlight my own match. I usually don’t praise myself in the magazine being that I write it, and I don’t intend to do so here. Baron Mynd posed a compelling question in hookups this week (Ref. 1) along with Muffffy’s humble response (Ref. 2). What was most impressive in this match was Muffffy’s uncanny ability to overcome the “better” verse.

Stumbling in wording and grammar and delivering few punches, Muff instead took a comical approach. By capturing visual scenes with crisp flow and pure comedy based on somewhat factual evidence, Muff was able to win votes as well as my respect for him as a true contender. His verse was innovative and refreshing. On first read, I had little appreciation for it, but he truly outmatched and outwitted his opponent, not by punches but by overcoming those punches with a style that would resonate in the minds of voters. I tip my hat to you sir and I hope that others will follow in your fashion.

I GUESS THE MORAL TO MY STORY IS TO POST SECONDS BEFORE THE DEADLINE LIKE CAV SO MY OPPONENT CAN’T FIND CRAFTY WAYS TO WHOOP THAT ASS.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

5) Punchline Pandemonium

Runner-Up

[15]
    you wack as fuck, so we know how this shows gonna end
    i'll put you underground like a mole, then gopher the win
    GUNDAM v. d.loke

[14]
    wattup yo..u losin here is a dead given
    ur character is a joke..ur rapmusic's meg griffin
    DEFCON_5 v. sephiroth

[13]
    fuckin faggot aint a threat, this dim bitch is just fake son
    if he got me in a retreat.. I'm celebratin my win with a vacation
    AREA51 v. caveat1

[12]
    This leagues based on Puns...and youre a busted flop
    Which would explain why youre not a player and get crushed a lot
    WINDSPRIZZLE v. yung money

[11]
    i got text to a science, nigguh you just a sloppy learner
    only thing you proving in science is humans won't be evolving further
    SERVICAL v. caliber

Top 10

[10]
    dude could talk a big game, all i know's i hope you brought it
    i got your style down to a T... x-small, pink with a slogan on it
    SEPHIROTH v. defcon_5

[9]
    I'ma shut you out for free, just retreat and quickly pivot
    This beating was on the house.. I'll even throw in the shingles & chimney with it
    CAVEAT1 v. area51

[8]
    N if we hung out? hed want to buy party games like a fuckn fag
    Why buy Twister? your verse manfests one from the sheer amount of suck it has
    MUFFFFY v. quriosity

[7]
    You appear as a pussy, you can check by our literature
    I got finesse when writing, you got finesse as conditioner
    4MATT v. i’m deon

[6]
    so testify!, .. 'n FUCK YOU Q being proud of this geek,
    saying his record was 'staying over caibres'.. till I kicked it out on the streets!
    CALIBRE v. servical

[5]
    yo fuck this bitch, you suck & i perfectly pen scripts
    so when losing runs its course, Matt'll be 1st row w/ perfect attendance
    I’M DEON v. 4matt

[4]
    this shit'll be a landslide, all hope for you is grim
    bitch ACORN couldn't rally up enough fraudelent votes for you to win
    AREA51 v. caveat1

[3]
    You got a single ill bar, the rest is filler and worthless trash
    So when I walk all over that tight line.. it's not some kinda circus act
    CAVEAT1 v. area51

[2]
    my lord, you're terrible! noone is askin u chump
    shit, u drop weaker than if Ghandi collapsed after fastin for months
    GALLACTICO v. wordp1ay

[1]
    you need more definition in ya verse - it'd probably be...
    "Noun; meaning wack as fuck, or don't bother to read"
    USERNAME v. eternalpath

[FAN FAVORITE]
    Q stays up late nights at his comp like "yo, my text ill"
    Throws a fist pump and dumps a cookie into breastmilk
    MUFFFFY v. quriosity

[MOST CONSISTENT]
    thats a lotta filler you got there, that boring shit is clever?
    so wheres the punchlines? cuzz all i see is 14 different set ups
    i said 16 but oh well, i aint wanna see ya worked up
    like 2 bars less'll make any difference when each of yours suck
    guys like cav can champ the league cuz they skills tight
    yung would win a title, but he already rocks a custom belt in real life
    you boring as fuck, how you thinking ya flow wild?
    ima rip you plain and simple, just to compliment your dull style
    an wow@ya chick, you already prove ya lady loves to eat well
    she could cover alot of ground with out explaining things in detail
    but hey, beggers can't be choosers, beare with it, ok?
    we just want you to face the music, without scaring it away
    ugly faggot, you vs. me? they got the ranks a little wrong
    see that, theres nothing there right ? thats where YOU belong
    TRISTAN v. yung money
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

6) Personals Pandemonium

Runner-Up

[11]
    You mad at the peeps who voted against you the past few weeks?
    Then i guess your probabaly upset with like half the league
    4MATT v. i’m deon

[11]
    crammin so many words into a line is fake n not good ock
    if safety in numbers is true, ya stretched shit could run the neighborhood watch
    GALLACTICO v. wordp1ay

Top 10

[10]
    checked the punch pandamonium, can't see ya name mentioned
    i can't say you aint dope tho
    cause you and dope should never be used in the same sentence
    YUNG MONEY v. tristan

[9]
    your win last week.... honestly came as a surprise dude
    cuz you've lost every battle.... anybody worth a fuck replied to
    NASTY v. xquisite

[8]
    I'm the best in this G...an infectious disease
    And I be da greatest, ignoring Gramur like the rest of the league...
    WINDSPRIZZLE v. yung money

[7]
    Heard you a fat nigga, so you prolly here for some cooking
    Trom be logging on and off, just to clear up some cookies
    4MATT

[6]
    how am I supposed to fear this fag? every vote this dude rides
    if he got my verse boxed in, it's only to say NICE or DOPE every 2 lines
    AREA51 v. caveat1

[5]
    Q MUST want you to lose, I'm sure that's tough to swallow
    Normally when I see a setup THAT bad.. one of Area's punches follow
    CAVEAT1 v. area51

[4]
    This nanny up cleanin up collumns of legos
    Plastic Cauldrons n Kettles
    Wishin he could go outside and frolick in meadows
    N Your imprisonment is surely a tale that is sad
    But fuck it..that isolation produces One helluva mag
    MUFFFFY v. quriosity

[3]
    you cant say shit when everyone knows imma fat guy
    plus id venture to say my verse is a 10, as well as ur hat size
    USERNAME v. wordp1ay

[2]
    talkin about your secret weapon like it's a reason to quit
    i saw The Peoples Punch... themselves in the head after reading your shit
    SERVICAL v. caliber

[1]
    we can summon captain planet!...you go first to start...
    you sneeze....and ill provide the Fire, Water, Earth and Heart
    USERNAME v. wordp1ay
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

7) No-Show Shine

[3]
    [2]
    [1]
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

8) Official Rankings

[​IMG]
    Week 26

GRUDGES

Jai-Z v. Pounds
    (ACCEPTED, AWAITING POUNDS PICTURE)

Mufffffy v. Coil Grimely
    (DECLINED)

TOP 10

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 14-1
    2. Gallactico 4-0

CONTENDER
    3. Muffffy 4-0
    4. Servical 4-0

5. xX_Nasty_Xx 5-1
    5.5 Xquisite 3-1
    6. UserName 4-1

7. Gundam 4-3
    8. -Sephiroth- 7-1

9. PERTAiN2LiFE 2-0
    10. Jai-Z 4-1

THE REST

11. T.a.C. 5-3
    12. Windsprizzle 3-1

13. Tristan. 1-1
    14. 4Matt 4-3

15. Ren. 1-0
    16. I'm Deon 1-0

17. coil grimely 1-0
    18. Paparazzi 1-0

19. Tha Won 2-0
    20. Area51 7-2

21. Quriosity 4-1
    22. Eternalpath 3-5

23. D.LOKE 5-6
    24. Yung Troy 0-3

25. Yung Money 0-2
    26. (`•.¸NINJA¸.•´) 0-2

27. Soull 0-1
    28. EarlLeeGraves 0-0

29. Future 0-0
    30. Pounds 1-1

31. Diso. 0-0
    32. ILL Cyndicate 0-0

33. Ooh Gots 0-0
    34. SpOoKy 0-0​
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

9) Top 10 Predictions

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 14-1
    2. Gallactico 4-0
    Caveat -3

“The champ is here!”… again. I suppose I am done betting against the champ. Last week I feel as though the match was much closer than the votes reflected. Probably the first limp in Cav’s walk and the most beatable verse he’s posted since champing the league. Nevertheless, he won handily and will more than likely do so again. I guess he just has swag and a way with words that voters relate too. I usually tend to think he is dope as well so I can’t say that I’m not one of them, but last week he just lacked conceptually imo. Here, the difference between the two and the reason I see myself voting for the champ is due to consistency. They will most probably be writing 30 lines and I don’t think Gall has it in him to pump out a solid 20-26 which is what he’ll need to stand a chance against the champ. Cav has proven consistency and if his concepts are fresh, I see another skunk. On the other hand, if Gall can pull it together and keep it consistent, I think he’ll have the flair and conceptual spunk that can finally knock the king from his throne. Only time will tell, but I’ll play it safe and say Cav by a few.

CONTENDER
    3. Muffffy 4-0
    4. Servical 4-0
    Servical -2

Potentially match of the week, even more so than the champ match being that Cav generally skunks all of his competition. Servical (if he is who I think he is) is a proven competitor and somewhat a legend in his own right. Even if he is not who I think he is, his talent is apparent and given the first real challenge of his four matches, I see him finally winning over some dick-riders with this one. On the other hand, you have a guy who normally I would say would lose this by a landslide, but he showed true potential, wisdom, and knowledge last week in out thinking his competition and most importantly he portrayed a profound ability to adapt and deliver. If both post close to deadline, I’ve got Serv taking this pretty easily, however Muff has the ability to show and prove. I don’t think he can pull another verse like last week out of his ass though against a competitor who he knows little about and one thing he showed last week is that his punches are underdeveloped. Therefore, even if Serv posts before I release this mag, I still see him pulling it out here. But Muff definitely has a fighting chance and enough talent to pull off the upset.

5. xX_Nasty_Xx 5-1
    5.5 Xquisite 3-1
    6. UserName 4-1
    UserName -3

The rematch of rematches. Only one has the respect and reputation to deserve a spot in the league while the other sport fairly impressive records and have been consistent as of late. I didn’t have the chance to thoroughly dissect last week’s battle between Xquisite and Nasty, however I’d assume they’re about equal in talent based on the outcome. User, on the other hand, I’d say tied with Nasty as a result of a fluke or lack of time/interest. He is clearly the better of the three and should advance from here into the contender match next week. I’d say it’s up to him or Servical (or Muffffy) to defeat the current reigning champ working on a near historical record. User wins this with ease.

7. Gundam 4-3
    8. -Sephiroth- 7-1
    Sephiroth - 2

Should be a pushover for Seph. If we rated this on records, it would be a landslide. Nevertheless, Seph has been a bit inconsistent lately and even runs the threat of simply not showing. Gundam is average to slightly above average in talent and if he can stay consistently right above average then I think it may be enough to tackle the few standouts that Seph drops. On the other hand, Seph is good writer/battler and if he deliver here like the Seph I know, he’ll embarrass a premature Gundam with ease and advance to some tougher competition. Either way, I don’t think Gun has what it takes, so I’m calling it Seph by at least two only depending on his consistency in strong punches.

9. PERTAiN2LiFE 2-0
    10. Jai-Z 4-1
    PERTAiN2LiFE -2

Both breaking the top 10 by way of no-show, but one less deserving than the other. Jai declined her opponent the ability to post which is purely her right and I don’t down her for it, but I can only assume that Pounds would’ve spanked that ass as he most probably will this week in the Grudge Match. Pert shows pure potential though in his approach and given the proper material, he should prove to be the better battler. However, if his concepts lack in creativity or originality, Jai can pull this out off pure hunger and experience. It’s a toss up, but I’ll give the nod to the newcomer on talent.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

10) Top 3 Prospects

[3] USERNAME

He’s obviously one of the best who’ve done it and is still doing it today. Crafty in his words and precise in his execution, he has matched wits with some of the best and reputation-wise, there aren’t many in the league who could oppose. Nevertheless, he had a rocky start with issues of showing up, voting late, and post lackadaisical verses. However, this past week he has shown vast improvements and a glimpse of former and future self. Now, against what should be easy meat for such a seasoned veteran, he faces Nasty who nearly defeated him a few weeks ago with a match ending in a tie. Nearer to the top, I see him looking for closure in a match that should’ve been settled long ago. Add Xquisite to the mix and it’ll be two woodpeckers with 1 stone.

[2] MUFFFFY

A somewhat respected veteran across the net, this site-hopper is just beginning to find his true self in the art of internet battling. He has always held his own and has achieved titles and ownerships of crowns in multiple sites. Here, he has traveled a jagged road. But, with last weeks impressive win under his belt against a veteran in his own right; Muff has established himself as a force to be reckoned. Quite possibly the most impressive adaptation ever seen in my time, Muff morphed into a style like no other and wowed voters and I alike. His verse was less impressive along traditional standards, but hit home in ways that the average verse fails to graze. He is now in a position to win the title and against VERY formidable opposition that has been consistently eliminating those around him. I expect him to at least try and pull off the same stylish win as last week.

[1] GALLACTICO

He’s had a decent road to the champ match, facing off against mainly average talent. However, each week he over-produces and impresses the fuck out of me, for what his matches are worth. I won’t go as far as to say that he’s on a championship-level of writing just yet, but he has the potential. This week will definitely be not only his toughest match, but probably his first tough match within the league. It will be his proving ground, and though I expect him to lose, I think this will give him the umph that he needs to finally gain the title in weeks to come. He does have a slight chance however, showing off witty concepts and fairly good wording. If he can keep it consistent for 24-30 lines, then he just may have what it takes to knock of a champ who’s bound to either run out of ideas or interest soon. Only time will tell, but I definitely expect him to show up and show out, regardless of victory.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

11) Outroduction

80% is always good, but I think we can grasp that big one oh oh. I’m shooting for it and until it happens, my worth and ego as a moderator will always be less than complete.

Some potentially dope matches this week, even beyond the top 10. I’m always anxious to read and see how well people have advanced. Hopefully you will all show and prove and make a name for yourself within the most respected league on the net.

I don’t have much to say other than show up or shut up. All rules will begin to be enforced completely in due time. I’m still working out some kinks in the system and as long as thing continue to run smoothly, there is no rush to begin throwing penalties and somewhat hindering the morale of participants league-wide.

Please, I encourage you to vote early and read/understand all standing rules. Many have complained about losing when a competitor has failed to post links. The league no longer grants false wins. There are other minor changes that you should familiarize yourselves with.

Also, please offer feedback on grudge matches and if you feel the idea is fair/likeable. I think it offers another form of competition and a chance to earn bragging rights outside of the usual rankings. All wins/losses are added to your records and votes on grudge matches are counted towards your link total.

Oh, also, please submit your pictures if you have any on the web to my P/M box. I am in the process of compiling an RBL Competitor Picture Archive which will allow grudge matches to run more smoothly. If you feel this puts you at a disadvantage by posting your picture then fuck you. Who cares? Talent speaks for itself with/without a picture. Man up and post your pictures for us all to see.

With that said, I’d just like to wish you all a good week and hopefully you find the time within your busy lives to buckle down and perform well in your matches.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  13. Muffffy

Muffffy Attack of the Muff

fucking great mag

who is servical..ppl tell me demik..but demik throws a shitload of general concepts

this guy dishes personals too

and funny q how you said lol i might be at a disadvantage because i dont know who he is

that thought slid across my mind..b4 u posted this mag looool good observation..you just confirmed my worries
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

if its demik, then disregard everything i said.
    test
  15. Muffffy

Muffffy Attack of the Muff

lmfao you dont like demik?

's my boy from eons ago

he did his thing
    test
  16. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I know who everyone is. It's like Christmas.

I got Cav winning.

I got Muff winning.

Pz.

Great mag too. You the man.
    test
  17. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

it's not demik

cuz servical was in the league while demik was champ
    test
  18. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Nasty what does that mean?
    test
  19. Area51.

Area51. New Member

test
  20. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Lol.. Q I think you've picked me to lose in every battle so far.

"Jai declined her opponent the ability to post which is purely her right and I don’t down her for it, but I can only assume that Pounds would’ve spanked that ass as he most probably will the week in the Grudge Match."

He wouldve got the knod to post, if he didnt ask the day battles were due. Im not letting no1 study my verse for 1 day, and then decide that the 1 day they already had wasnt enough, and ask for an extra day to study my verse. I mean really.. how long do you really need to feed off some1s verse? Seriously.

If rankings are up by Monday, why can't you have your verses done on time, by Thursday? Every1 knows who there opponent is by then. You have 4 days to post. I understand people have jobs, school and a social life. But geeze.. you mean to tell me you cant find the time to write 16-30 lines with in 96hrs? Is more time really needed?

Yall niggaz need to stop being so last minute. That's just lame to me.

And dont come on here tryna talk "you shook, I wanna grudge match for not letting me post"... bullshit! You had 4 days to post. I had my verse done a day in advance, Pounds. Your unprepared ass is the 1 who was shook. Begging for an extension like a pussy.

Hurry up and post your raggidy ass pic so I can lay you out already.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.