[MAG] The RBL Herald, Week 23

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Oct 5, 2008.

?

How many votes should equal a win by skunk?

1. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

----- RBL CHAMPION, WEEK 23 -----
    [​IMG]

---------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1) Introduction
    2) Weekly Poll
    3) Ranking Update
    4) Punchline Pandemonium
    5) No-Show Shine (Vote!)
    6) Official Rankings
    7) Top 10 Predictions
    8) Top 3 Prospects
    9) Outroduction

---------------

1) Introduction

Another productive week, yet still short of my expectations. I applaud all who showed for their matches and all who voted. A special thanks to those of you who posted and voted early and even some who voted on more than what was required. I also so thicker and more meaningful votes which was a huge positive and I hope it means that you took my article last week into careful consideration.

However, I am disheartened at some of the things I learned this week. First, nearly the entire league moans about magazines being thorough and on time. I have posted 2 meeting these standards, and yet you all seem to only search the thread for your names while paying no mind to what is actually outlined within the mag. It is your responsibility to read the magazine in its entirety as it is primarily used as a tool to transfer information from the moderation to the competitors. A failure to read and understand what is discussed can prove detrimental to your success in the league as many rule changes and announcements are held here. This is your FORMAL WARNING.

Also, please do not private message me pleading to reopen your match so that you may post. I won’t point fingers at specific participants, but I will point out that I do not show any sort of favoritism and I am unwilling to help any competitor more than the other. For this reason, we have rules and I expect you all to learn and follow them. Therefore, if you fail to post and your match is closed, then you have options that are outlined within the rule thread. I will not discus them here as you probably won’t read this either, but from here out I will ignore all inquiries to open a match due to a failure to post on time.

Equally upsetting is the fact that for 2 weeks in a row, the champ match has only seen 1 verse. I give all respects to Caveat1 for continuing to show up on time. Sephiroth was a huge disappointment this week, with excuses of power failures and whatnot that will be overlooked continuously. We have rules and deadlines for specific and obvious reasons. Please, if you have unreliable power sources or an unreliable internet connection, then prepare accordingly. For the first time in weeks we had the possibility of experiencing a promising match and yet even after an extension was granted, the battle was still incomplete. Even if you are in the championship match, you will not receive special attention. You are still subject to all standing rules.

Without further adieu, I would like to end this introduction by extending a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

2) Weekly Poll

Last week’s poll: Who do you feel won the presidential debate? Obama/McCain
    Results: 12 Obama, 3 McCain
    My opinion: LMAO. Obviously, Jook pulled strings and voted thrice with his supermod abilities. No, but really, this is old news now. It seems so long ago. There is no doubt that Obama won though this debate was hardly a game changer as neither really separated themselves from the other. But far more interesting was the vice presidential debate, which also was a democratic victory. However, I honestly think Palin did more for her party than McCain’s debate night, despite the lack of factual knowledge. She was refreshing to watch and contagiously energetic.

This week’s poll: How many votes should equal a win by skunk? 5/6/7

A win by skunk is conceptually a knock-out, or otherwise a win where it is practically impossible for one opponent to comeback. The reason behind the rule is that many matches are slept on while others receive numerous votes and are usually one-sided matches. Thus, a win by skunk will allow matches that are deemed decidable to be closed so that others may receive a fair amount of votes. My original idea was to allow for a 7 vote differential to equal a win by skunk. This was because 7 seemed sufficient enough to decide a match while not disallowing a comeback. Unfortunately, this week saw many matches sit at a 6 vote differential and even more at 5 while others hadn’t even received 5 total votes by as early as this afternoon.

Please, keep in mind that I only use anonymous polling options meaning that I can not view who actually chose what.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

3) Ranking Update

As you may or may not have known, the formula for rankings has been officially changed. All were given the right to vote throughout most of the day, ending in 9 out of 1 opting for the new formula.

In all honesty, I do believe that it is by far the fairest and most definitive formula yet. Everyone will consistently move throughout the rankings in the same manner week in and week out. Winners will move up in order of previous rank while losers do the same in the opposite direction. Aside from being the fairest to competitors, it is also the easiest to conduct and implement as a moderator, and therefore rankings will be up promptly at or near midnight each Monday morning.

FORMULA

• Winners move up in order of previous rank.
    • Losers move down in order of previous rank.
    • New sign-ins with no record are ranked at the bottom.
    • New sign-ins with record are ranked above losers.
    • New sign-ins due to no-show from previous week are ranked above new sign-ins with no record.

For more information, view my posts in the following thread: http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...265-attn-vote-next-weeks-ranking-formula.html.

Please, allow time to see the effects of the new formula before you pass judgement. Trust that it is the better of the two. You will all be awarded accordingly, per week. If after time, it is found to be unproductive, I will gladly change back to the previous formula.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

4) Punchline Pandemonium

11] QUACKERJACKER
    On the realness dun.. Who you appeal to? Noone so kill it son
    You know its sad when the pediphiles aren't even feelin Yung

10] XQUISITE
    I gotta versatile style but dude…u got some lame rhymes
    shit, imma start callin u a whistle cuz u blow when its game time

09] THA WON
    Stop with the front.. come on, man don’t play us
    Cuz if u ever became an OG, Loke.. It’d be the one from San Andreas

08] G.Q..
    I saw a snapshot of his girl..didnt know shit could actually stack
    If a hunch is a clue..i ran outta guesses halfway down her back

07] I'M DEON
    and jai had ya shook so fast, ya last verse had no hooks, no jabs
    man i NEVER thought i'd see a bitch make a cat fight look so bad
    i'm clownin this gal, but i bet it wont be a shock to her
    cuz jokes on EP's what made comedians like Pryor & Carlin so popular

06] 4MATT
    And all that violence and gunplay is just weak to me
    The only thing you flashing is yourself when i'm driving up easy street

05] WINDSPRIZZLE
    Flaming faggot…and your odor just sticks in the air
    Cuz every gynos you’re a pussy…just by your lips and your hair

04] I’M DEON
    the shit you drops pathetic E, so quit with ya prose boo
    cuz u have no shot. the safety's on & the scope cap is closed too
    see i'm cunning & brave, my sigs full of names stunning the game
    but thats also the order we entered the room on this slut runnin a train

03] GALLACTICO
    pfff, n ur ranking lacks merit, b
    cuz if anyone put THIS nine to my head...i'd just laugh hysterically

02] USERNAME
    weed, coke, acid... all those drugs are the best in my school
    but i wanna try whatever made u think underscores & X's are cool

01] MIC-ILLAH
    Describe this bitch? .....Man, I'm all about it V
    I got the Qur for wackness.....and now T.a.C's PM'in the shit outta me

And…

Verse of the Week
    SERVICAL (v. RA ILL)

...nagguh please, go'head and actually try me.
    last time you seen S Curl up, it was back in the nineties.
    your whole careers a flop faggot, and dogg i really mean it.
    you better off turning all those losses into a new a millie remix.
    it's like your not even here, noones noticed or given a damn.
    i'm the superman of the league, bitch you just the invisible man.
    but thx fa showin' up though... and yea i seen you tryina edit.
    you musta forgot to post a real verse the second time you did it.
    think he soldier ? niggah dumb as shit.
    if he screamin Hoo-Rah, it's cause he don't even know who the fuck HE is.
    so wise up and show respect to ya elders and elites.
    cause it's gon cost you an ass whoopin and im sellin them for cheap.
    hiding under the bleechers since women wouldn't speak to this geek.
    yea bitches kick they legs up and scream "RA"...when they cheerin for me.
    ya moms was knocked up and drunk so it's obvious what your poison is...
    alcohol's a drug of choice, too bad you had no choice in it.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

5) No-Show Shine

6] WORDP1AY
    5] MORPHUS
    4] JAIBE
    3] MUFFFFY
    2] AREA51
    1] CAVEAT1
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

6) Official Rankings

[​IMG]
    Week 24

TOP 10

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 12-1
    2. Mount 4-1

CONTENDER
    3. Jai-Z 3-0
    4. Area51 6-1

5. Gallactico 2-0
    6. T.a.C. 4-2

7. I'm Deon 1-1
    8. Wordp1ay 5-1

9. Muffffy 2-0
    10. Morphus 2-0

THE REST

11. Quriosity 2-0
    12. Windsprizzle 2-0

13. Servical 2-0
    14. JAIBE 1-0

15. QuackerJacker 1-1
    16. Xquisite 1-1

17. xX_Nasty_Xx 3-1
    18. Calibre 8-3

19. UserName 1-1
    20. -Atreyu- 3-1

21. 4Matt 3-2
    22. G.Q.. 1-1

23. EarlLeeGraves 3-4
    24. Eternalpath 2-4

25. Mic-illaH 5-5
    26. D.LOKE 4-5

27. Gundam 2-3
    28. Yung Troy 0-1

29. u.n. owen 0-2
    30. Defcon_5 0-1

31. -Sephiroth- 5-1
    32. Tristan. 0-0

33. Yung Money 0-0
    34. PERTAiN2LiFE 0-0

35. -Oz- 0-0
    36. Blue Bayou 0-0

37. (`•.¸NINJA¸.•´) 0-0
    38. Pounds 0-0

---------------

OUT

Ra Ill 1-1,000,001
    Tha Won 2-0

NO-SHOW

-Sephiroth- 5-1
    E tha Real 2-2
    Ironside 1-1
    DaTrusHurtz 8-4
    _KDP_ 2-2
    Defcon_5 0-1
    Something_Else 0-1
    Ben Blazyn 0-1

test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

7) Top 10 Predictions

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 12-1
    2. Mount 4-1
    Caveat1 -5

Caveat1 has been continuously impressive and consistently victorious. Though unchallenged in the past two weeks, I don’t think he’s run out of steam quite yet. In predicting this match, I have to go by both competitors’ past skill shone and by that measure Mount is in terrible shape. He’s been disappointing each week, but has somehow been matched against more disappointing competition. This past week he has proudly proclaimed that he has came wack each week in a purposeful master plan to save his true talent for caveat1 in the champ match. I pray to God that he is telling the truth, or otherwise this will be closed after the first 7 votes. I’ve got Cav taking this one by a few kilometers. His disses are more direct and far cleverer. Everything about him is levels above the opposition. However, assuming Mount isn’t bluffing, this should be a match for the ages. I still see Cav on top either way. He’ll stay champ for another 2/3 weeks or at least until the weak competition is seeded out.

CONTENDER
    3. Jai-Z 3-0
    4. Area51 6-1
    Area51 -3

Potential to be a helluva match. Jai slaughtered EP and stole a win last week and has the potential here to do it again against a slightly inconsistent yet highly talented Area51. I think based of pure skill, you have to place you bet on Area as he is clearly the better writer. But, with a league flooded with newcomers and voters simply from a different age than when I was active, it’s very hard to tell. Also, Jai has the ability to surprise and hopefully will do so to make this a match to read. Either way, I’ve got Area51 edging it out off pure hunger, consistency in activeness, and experience.

5. Gallactico 2-0
    6. T.a.C 4-2
    Gallactico -5

Wow. The top 10 is in poor shape. I don’t mean to be rude and T.a.C has been more than consistent in activity and has also made leaps and bounds in improvement. However, he’s still ranked a bottom feeder as far as talent goes and definitely doesn’t have what it takes to hit the top 10 rightfully. Gallactico has shown slight promise, and this should be a pushover for him, coming away with an easy win and practice for the contender match to come. Hopefully, T.a.C puts up a fight and makes this more interesting than it looks, but I highly doubt it.

7. I'm Deon 1-1
    8. Wordp1ay 5-1
    I’m Deon -4

Possibly one of the better matches of the top 10 and possibly another blowout. By record, Wordp1ay is a formidable opponent; however, I think this is highly misconstrued. He talks a big game but has yet to show any promise of pure talent in my opinion. Whereas, Deon is due for a title shot and judging by last week’s slaughter, I’m assuming he feels the same way. Hungry and talented equals a deadliest combination. Hopefully Word can put up a good fight and protect that undeserved ego so that we may have a match to keep and eye on. But, the more likely outcome would be for Deon to pummel the opposition. I don’t see much of a fight here though my memory could very well be mistaken, but I’ve got Deon off hunger and simply being the better battler of the two.

9. Muffffy 2-0
    10. Morphus 2-0
    Muffffy -5

Wow. An abomination of many sorts. No joke, if Muffffy loses then I’m banning him for life. Seriously, that is my promise. If only we could all have such a bye week. This is utterly ridiculous. Though both sport the same flawless record, Morph has yet to actually defeat an opponent. Ironically, this path has landed him in the top 10. Luckily, Muff will certainly send him frolicking back to the bottom of the ranks where he belongs. I believe in fairness and equal opportunity, but this is sad. What’s even sadder is that it’s unavoidable. A no-show when, after all, is a win and it’s unjust to punish a competitor simply because his opponent decided to neglect the league. Nevertheless, it’s sad and will be sad to watch. I’ve got Muff skunking the comp in 7 votes.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

8) Top 3 Prospects

3] JAI-Z
    A wildcard each week, Jai has managed to surpass competition consistently and continues to grow in talent. Her potential is endless, though what she has shone clearly has its limits. Easily beatable and yet easily a tough competitor. All in all, I think she's undeservingly at the third spot and yet I see it feeding her hunger to succeed. She will go all out and put up an unexpectedly good fight against more than formidable competition. Though I don't see her winning here, I do see her showing us a little of what she can and will become in time. This will be a test of astronomical proportions for Jai, and if by chance she advances to the Champ match, then even i'll bite my tongue. Her chances are higher than I give her credit, seeing as how Deon single handedly retired any good lines pertaining to females. Good luck.

2] I’M DEON
    Losing to Gallactico and then trouncing EternalPath, I think Deon has finally taken off the gloves and is ready for combat. He has determined his weakness in lack of effort and has thus been reenergized in talent and determination. He has always been ranked among the best battlers within the RBL, and yet his potential has been constantly overshadowed by his will to show and prove. Here and now, I see him finally proving to the RM familia why he's so fat... because he loves to eat wack faggots in text matches. Enough said. Against unsteady competition, I see him overestimating here (and rightfully so) and putting the smack down and a less formidable Wordp1ay. If he can keep the concepts creative, then I see him taking it to the top in due time. Good luck.

1] MOUNT
    Hmm. What more can I say? The mystery man who claims to have what it takes to finally knock King Cav off his pedestal. Only time will tell. Judging by this past week's verse, Mount will be fed to the fishes, or sharks rather, in 7 easy votes. But, I'll give him the benefit of doubt and trust that he will show and prove. The pressure is on because he has turned it on, and we are all watching and holding our breath. I'm actually cheering this nigga on even though I'm quite sure that he will lose by a landslide. Hopefully, I am wrong and this becomes a more interesting match that what it seems to be. Mount, if you are bluffing, then please end the game now. And whatever you do, don't no-show and blame it on a power outage. Good luck.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

9) Outroduction

I would like to thank those of you who actually read last week’s magazine and continue to read on. You are the sole reason as to why I continue to waste my precious time writing a magazine to stroke the ego’s of thirty some odd grown ass men at home filing punch lines in a hidden word file. I would also like to thank Caveat1 and others for offering more thorough breakdowns with more definitive reasons as to why you chose the winner. Voting, criticism, and all forms of feedback are collectively the spine of progress within this league.

As I said in my introduction, this was another productive week. Activity jumped off early and there was a lot of enthusiasm throughout the week. Verses and votes were also early and votes were piling in for the most part. Still, the champ match was vacant for the second straight week and no-shows plagued the league. We have to get this down to a minimum. A long for a week where 100% of the battles are complete by Thursday night.

Please, keep in mind that the due date for this week is THURSDAY. All extensions must follow the rules outlined in the rules thread. I refuse to accept requests for special attention.

Let’s make this week one to remember. Good luck to you all and thank you for your time.
    test
  10. Gallactico

Gallactico New Member

2] I’M DEON
    Losing to Gallactico and then trouncing EternalPath, I think Deon has finally taken off the gloves and is ready for combat. He has determined his weakness in lack of effort and has thus been reenergized in talent and determination. He has always been ranked among the best battlers within the RBL, and yet his potential has been constantly overshadowed by his will to show and prove. Here and now, I see him finally proving to the RM familia why he's so fat... because he loves to eat wack faggots in text matches. Enough said. Against unsteady competition, I see him overestimating here (and rightfully so) and putting the smack down and a less formidable Wordp1ay. If he can keep the concepts creative, then I see him taking it to the top in due time. Good luck.

he lost to me. :/
    test
  11. Muffffy

Muffffy Attack of the Muff

im going to defecate on this kid

i hope he shows..when he dropped last week..he said "im going to be gone for the week" i hope he only meant THAT week
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  13. Muffffy

btw i read it this time dude.

lol i saw the formal warning
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

good. everything's up. i'm off to bed.
    test
  15. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

thanks for the harsh vote

I know u expect me to lose to calibre.... but I've beat him before

Good lookin mag btw
    test
  16. Muffffy

after that verse against user..you could get him ..just remain consistent
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Props on the league Q. Looking real good -- being run with an iron fist. I havent seen this kind of dedication since Llama. Mags might seem like a waste, but niggas appreciate them.
    test
  18. U S E R

U S E R NON-DOHPE.squad

true, Q

good job.
    test
  19. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Real nice mag.
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator