[MAG] The RBL Herald, Week 22

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Sep 28, 2008.

?

Who do you feel won the presidential debate?

1. Barack Obama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. John McCain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

----- RBL CHAMPION, WEEK 22 -----
    [​IMG]

---------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1) Introduction
    2) Weekly Poll
    3) Technical Bouts
    4) Other Rules
    5) Voting Issues
    6) Punchline Pandemonium
    7) No-Show Shine (Vote!)
    8) Official Rankings
    9) Top 10 Predictions
    10) Top 3 Prospects
    11) Interview
    12) Outroduction

---------------

1) Introduction

This was a good week in my opinion. If nothing else, a productive week and a sign of positive change. Many verses were posted extremely early and nearly all matches saw an abundance in votes.

It was also a let down, however, with special thanks to Jimmy Eles aka Nephyou who will most certainly be banned from competition for a currently undetermined period of time. No-showing in a champion match really hurts the league in more ways than one and frankly will no longer be tolerated on my watch. There will be penalties in place for those of you with such little respect for the league to actually no-show in a champion/contender match up.

Also disappointing is the fact that our oldest member to date strapped on the Huggie for one more ride down Immabigfatpussy Lane. Revanon, who chose not to plead his case or reason with the league and its moderation but instead refuse to post, has really shown his true colors and so we, the league, intend to show ours. Regardless of reputation, individuals will not receive special attention. This type of behavior will not be tolerated. There is already a no-show suspension in place which has recently been overlooked due to low activity and strength of numbers. Nevertheless, blatantly no-showing with no excuse other than disrespect for the league and its members is hereby deemed punishable. Although I do not expect such a faggot to show his face in the league again for awhile, he too will be banned from competition for a currently undetermined period of time.

Aside from these incidences, we actually had a fairly productive week. Eleven completed matches as opposed to eight no-shows is a good start. Another positive is that our sign-in rate has increased in number. In time, this shall all lead to a more productive league seeing fewer no-shows and more completed matches and valid votes. Well, hopefully at least.

So, Caveat1 retains his title. Interestingly enough, his road to success was hardly impressive and he hardly showed true talent, or at least a level equal to that of a competitor who holds the title successfully for a consecutive four weeks. Even so, he has found his comfort zone and has been on an upward roll for quite some time. Beatable, though much prepared, Cav has a veteranistic style which screams alias and yet a very immature posting reputation which screams imfakingit. By that, I mean that I am damn near sure he is an alias, which means he has been holding back this entire time and is more than capable of posting whatever he feels is necessary to advance. Because of this, he has been an increasingly tough competitor for all who oppose, and I believe will continue to be until we see a sharp decline in creative material. Either that or someone worthy stays in long enough to climb the ranks and challenge the throne.

Along the same subject, my best guess is that Caveat1=Oneduh. Makes sense, because oneduh’s decline in activity is countered by caveat1’s activeness. Also, I noticed that Oneduh removed Cav’s verse, which leads me to think why on earth would Cav ask One to remove his verse when the nigga hasn’t been around all week. Or why would One resurface just to remove a verse? Hmm. Speaking of which, we do not remove verses. This enables competitors to recycle which is against the rules. Any further incidences will be found punishable. But yea, I say Cav=Oneduh. What’s your guess?

Anyway, I’m more than excited to see how this week pans out. We have a list of exciting matches filled with veterans, aliases, and eager newcomers. Diverse in style and presence, I see a glimpse of our past shining down upon us. Please, let’s work together to make this league something special once again.

Without further adieu, I would like to end this introduction how I have ended nearly 30 others in the past and that is by extending a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

2) Weekly Poll

Last week’s poll: Do you like the new graphics for the RBL? Yes/No
    Results: 14 Yes, 0 No
    My opinion: Of course I love the new graphics… I created them. However, I would like to address the comments pertaining to the “dumb boxer graphics”. My intent was to liven this place up while keeping a common theme of excellence and prestige. This is why I chose the gold wording as the basis for the graphics. However, the anime was thrown in as an interchangeable them to add more umph into each week. They are, again, interchangeable and I intend to change them as the league grows. As of now, they’re only purpose is to add color and something cool to look at in each thread outside of the standard gold lettering.

This week’s poll: Who do you feel won the presidential debate? Obama/McCain

Please, keep in mind that I only use anonymous polling options meaning that I can not view who actually chose what. So please, feel free to vote honestly and if you do not have a problem with disclosing your political views, then please feel free to discuss the election and your views on the candidates within this thread.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

3) Technical Bouts

Because I intend to enforce the standing rules to their full extent in due time, I feel the need to address the situation of winning by technicality.

My intentions are not to reward losers who follow rules and punish winners who violate them, but to motivate you all to challenge yourselves week in and week out and actually help in the growth of this league.

Voting is a huge issue, and always has been. I found it hard to believe that you can not write a full 2 lines pertaining to each verse in at least 5 matches. However, many of you find ways each week to do so. This will not be tolerated as it offers little criticism/feedback for writers to take in and more often than not it reflects the opinions of other votes which leads some to believe that one did not even read the verses. Because this is impossible to prove over the internet, I have chosen to reward those that follow rules and punish those that violate them, while not punishing the winners and/or losers.

My plan is this:

For every vote in your match in your favor found to be invalid, it will be deducted from the total vote tally of that match as well as the total link tally of that voter. By this, I mean that you will lose votes in favor of you for each vote found to be invalid and that voter will lose links within his match which will result in a loss of votes from his total vote tally.

By the match’s end, a total vote tally and a technical vote tally will be displayed.

All who win by votes, but lose due to a technicality will have an L tacked to their record and advance accordingly. This L will be displayed in a new Technical Loss column (i.e., 10-3-1 translates as 10 wins and 3 losses with 1 due to technicality).

When a competitor reaches a total of 3 technicality decisions, he/she will be banned for 3 weeks of competition. In order to erase a loss due to technicality, a voter must vote on at least 10 matches (double the requirement) when available to do so. A competitor can only erase 1 technical loss per week.

All who win due to a technical loss will have an L tacked to their record and fall in ranks accordingly.​

This rule shall apply to no-shows and shall not apply to a vote loss due to an extension.

Hopefully, this will encourage all to vote and post links, as well as to actually compete and put forth effort rather than reaching for wins due to technicality.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

4) Other Rules

7-0 Skunk

Keeping with tradition, I have chosen the lucky number 7. My reasoning is that many battles are flooded with votes due to either an easy decision based on length or difference in talent or by reputation/popularity while others are overlooked either because the competitors are unknown/untalented or the verses are long as fuck. The votes need to spread evenly in order for the entire league to push forward.

Because of this, any match with a 7 vote deficit will be closed and decided. This shall eliminate the problem while not eliminating the opportunity of a comeback.

Permission Granted

From now on, let it be known that you do not need permission from your opponent to use public information available on the net against that opponent. This mainly includes but is not limited to pictures and videos.

Rules prohibiting the material available for a writer’s use within a battle league due to personal issues are hereby found to be utterly ridiculous. Advantages should be encouraged and not labeled as unfair. Anything opposite is merely a cop out of a bad writer and/or a writer who lacks the equal amount of material.

Extensions Penalized

I have been playing with the idea of extending the week to make for a full work’s week of time to construct verses. Currently, I am unsold on the idea; however it is a very strong option. Until then, and even after, an extension will only be granted for up to 24 hours and must be either requested before an opponent has posted a verse or cleared by that opponent. Any extension past 24 hours will result in a 3 vote automatic deduction and must be cleared by an opponent in writing and delivered to my P/M Box accompanied by a verse no later than 11:59PM Saturday. This is the responsibility of the party in need of an extension.

THIS JUST IN!

Competitor’s are not allowed to remove verses, ESPECIALLY after the match has been closed. In the rules, it is clearly outlined that a valid verse must remain in order to be considered for a win. The removal of a verse only enables the competitor to recycle from that verse which is highly prohibited.

You may only edit a verse if it falls under the rules to do so, meaning if another verse hasn’t been posted and or you posted second and a vote has not been cast. However, a valid verse must still remain. Under no circumstances will you be allowed to remove a verse from a thread that has been closed.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

5) Voting Issues

This section was originally reserved for a Top 10 Summary, however I think it’s pretty foolish for me to continue to rehash my votes in a summary of the top 10 matches to fill space for the magazine. Therefore, the Top 10 Summary will cease to exist until a volunteer steps up to write it. I would prefer a different writer each week, so as to mix the opinions/views that are displayed within the magazine. I’m sure eventually you will all grow tired of just reading what Q thinks about the league and its participants.

Nevertheless, there is a growing concern with voting. Many voters are being accused of piggy backing while others simply quote lines and make their decisions based on how few “HEH’S” or how many “OK’S” which I think is equally retarded.

There is no rule that will fix the problem, and if there is and I am just mistaken then please submit it immediately. Until then, we must work together to raise the bar.

A vote should consist of your opinion of each verse with reason to back it, followed by the name of the voter you chose and why. If you opt to break it down bar for bar then by all means, do so. But please, add substance to your feedback. After all, we complain about newbies and lack of talent and yet feedback is one of the few ways that a newbie can learn what he is doing wrong and grow as a writer.

I am extremely disappointed in our champion, who I will use as an example in relation to a vote of mine.

Now, while some of you may frequently opt for this style in voting and even side with it, I am going to try to convince you that this is very ineffective.

For one, Cav fails to give any reasoning whatsoever behind any of his comments or his decision. He also shows little knowledge in his decision as to why he actually voted for E, who by his count had 1 less OK and yet he can’t recall whether it was 1 or 2. All of this is a bit tedious though and maybe only somebody like me with OCD would notice such small details.

Secondly, and most importantly, Cav fails to give any feedback or constructive criticism whatsoever. This really should be the focal point of a vote. Grey nor E know what they did right or wrong or how to improve. This can be detrimental to the growth of writers within a league and if we all continue to do this then our league’s talent for the most part will be at a standstill.

Many others had votes that could mimic this, however I chose Cav for other reasons. He is our champion and should be a role model to most. He is the highest ranked participant and yet his votes are the least detailed of them all. They also seem to be conducted jokingly and almost in a masking manner in the sense that they are a contradiction of his actual talent and his view of talent. This really leads me to challenge the validity of his votes. My take is that he is an alias, most probably of Oneduh or some other well known veteran, who does not have the interest in voting and only does so to meet the requirements.

If he were to provide reasoning or substance within his votes, it would be impossible to actually argue its validity. This leads me to my interpretation of E’s verse.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Here, though you may not agree with my opinions or views, you clearly can not say that I piggy backed or that I just ran through the verses to meet the requirement. I offered insight and reasoning to why I felt a certain way about a line as opposed to blank statements and text message talk (LOTB, LOL, OMG, ETC).

I am not contending that I am the best voter or that my votes are any more “right” than the next persons. But I am saying that you can find much less wrong with a vote well explained than a vote not explained at all. You can also determine where you may have went wrong, where you went right, and what you can do to better yourself.

Of course, this is not the standing issue that most of you complain about. And that’s because most complaints come from veterans who feel as though newbies are bad voters not by mechanics but by insight alone. I can agree, however I can not hate. You, as a veteran and a bad voter, are the main cause. These newbies come in knowing little and leave the same way because you are all unwilling to take the time to tell them what to fix. Their votes are many times more explained than yours and yet you’re upset because they did not vote the way you expected them to. This is ridiculous. At least they explained why. If you have a problem with their views, then challenge it and change it. Give them another perspective to think about. If they only read other newbie votes, then they’re views are uninfluenced by a higher rank and therefore they are not challenged to change.

I’m over talking now, but I hope you really get the message. We must be thorough. And no, that does not mean a paragraph as I choose to write, but a simple 2-5 lines per verse plus a reason behind your decision will do wonders.

And to those of you who vote thoroughly or at least feel they do, then I apologize for having you read all of this. But if I manage to influence just one of you, then I have accomplished my task.

I would like to also say that there is nothing I can do to change the way you vote and I know that. There is neither a direct reward nor penalty for voting inefficiently, so long as the vote is valid (2 lines per competitor). So please, feel free to vote as you wish, but keep in mind that you are only hurting the league with empty votes.

Also, I have not been actively enforcing the voting rule (2 lines per competitor). This is due to the fact that activity has been low and I want to strengthen that before throwing out penalties. Also because the league has been shaky with inconsistent moderation and many of our numbers now are either aliases or newcomers. But please be aware of it and know that it can and will be enforced when I feel it necessary and I will be consistent in doing so, meaning that it will be a league-wide adjustment. Also be aware that votes that are obviously unacceptable will be discarded accordingly.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Here, though you may not agree with my opinions or views, you clearly can not say that I piggy backed or that I just ran through the verses to meet the requirement. I offered insight and reasoning to why I felt a certain way about a line as opposed to blank statements and text message talk (LOTB, LOL, OMG, ETC).

I am not contending that I am the best voter or that my votes are any more “right” than the next persons. But I am saying that you can find much less wrong with a vote well explained than a vote not explained at all. You can also determine where you may have went wrong, where you went right, and what you can do to better yourself.

Of course, this is not the standing issue that most of you complain about. And that’s because most complaints come from veterans who feel as though newbies are bad voters not by mechanics but by insight alone. I can agree, however I can not hate. You, as a veteran and a bad voter, are the main cause. These newbies come in knowing little and leave the same way because you are all unwilling to take the time to tell them what to fix. Their votes are many times more explained than yours and yet you’re upset because they did not vote the way you expected them to. This is ridiculous. At least they explained why. If you have a problem with their views, then challenge it and change it. Give them another perspective to think about. If they only read other newbie votes, then they’re views are uninfluenced by a higher rank and therefore they are not challenged to change.

I’m over talking now, but I hope you really get the message. We must be thorough. And no, that does not mean a paragraph as I choose to write, but a simple 2-5 lines per verse plus a reason behind your decision will do wonders.

And to those of you who vote thoroughly or at least feel they do, then I apologize for having you read all of this. But if I manage to influence just one of you, then I have accomplished my task.

I would like to also say that there is nothing I can do to change the way you vote and I know that. There is neither a direct reward nor penalty for voting inefficiently, so long as the vote is valid (2 lines per competitor). So please, feel free to vote as you wish, but keep in mind that you are only hurting the league with empty votes.

Also, I have not been actively enforcing the voting rule (2 lines per competitor). This is due to the fact that activity has been low and I want to strengthen that before throwing out penalties. Also because the league has been shaky with inconsistent moderation and many of our numbers now are either aliases or newcomers. But please be aware of it and know that it can and will be enforced when I feel it necessary and I will be consistent in doing so, meaning that it will be a league-wide adjustment. Also be aware that votes that are obviously unacceptable will be discarded accordingly.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

6) Punchline Pandemonium

RUNNERS UP

[15]
    “QUACKERJACKER”
    You can save alot on gas if you decide to make a budget
    Realize i was embarrassin you so i thought i change the subject
    Target practice.noone can feed me that your text is nicer
    Yet me beatin you is a longshot. Too bad im a expert sniper

[14]
    “THA WON”
    no ones respecting u
    and an extra head never hurt nobody? NAH, well.. only if that extra head is u
    weren't vouched for neither, got in from the pity in ya message b'
    and thanks, ur horrible skills got Quriosity's mod spot in jeapordy

[13]
    “CALIBRE”
    you'll leave damaged, this clone geek will get batterd 'n thrown deep
    i'll make this a 1 man show like Quriosity 'n his modding the whole league.

[12]
    “I’M DEON”
    nigga playing arounds savage, you'll get hit and ya stayin down maggot
    you trying to stomp with the big dogs got kujo rollin over in his grave now faggot

[11]
    “SEPHIROTH”
    you got a few ooh's and ah's though but thinking your great ? cmon
    with lines so stretched, that it could've drove me and my date to prom

TOP 10

[10]
    “EXODUSIII”
    call yourself the firestarter, but that aint got me shook dawg
    it's no surprise... starting fires is all your rhyme book is good for
    that's why they're gassin you bitch, shit'll light quicker
    and since you dont do nothin but text you can watch your life flicker

[9]
    “SEPHIROTH”
    beaten frac, cause he ain't care or bother'd showin', bitch
    cal's like a stealth bomber, he only droppin when nobody notices
    and bro ya chick ain't no Helen of Troy, stop the misconception
    her face could launch a thousand ships, in the opposite direction
    you ain't even in-tune with yourself, whats sad and depressing...
    is if you had any rhythm going, you'd have to ask where it's heading

[8]
    “SEPHIROTH”
    yea dough father'd your style, but im'a have all of em laughin
    he's such a failure to his fam, even his coat of arms wanna slap him

[7]
    “GUNDAM”
    i'll admit, last time i seen Owen drop i wanted to cry
    he rose to the occasion...fell, hit the turnbuckle and died

[6]
    “SEPHIROTH”
    he'll lose, pout and then quit, no surprise cal threw a fit
    shit even your voice activation system thinks you sound like a bitch
    noone proud of this kid, hope i ain't making you cry, dude
    i feel like your dad, cause you look up to me and yet i straight up despise you

[5]
    “GALLACTICO”
    whoaaa chubbs. quit all this random wack shit
    he has so many chins his neck looks like a staircase to an abandoned attic

[4]
    “CALIBRE”
    It's over, them played lines got me predicting what you'll say fool
    ^ 'n thats more than 'Cal' see'em' coming, its half the periodic table

[3]
    “4MATT”
    Would've, could've, and should've, you always losing kid.
    The only real question for you is why the fuck you still doing this ?
    This mayne delirious, noone takes you serious.
    I'll crush Exo skeleton.
    And all his concepts that date back to the crustacean period.

[2]
    “MOUNT”
    Take you into the mind of the battlers, right before the bell chimes,
    He's thinking he's sick...I'm just thinking "Do I have to waste 12 lines?"

[1]
    “4MATT”
    I aint never been in a champ match Ex, shit was ill right ?
    You could tell me all about that.
    Too bad you can't tell me what winning one feels like.
    Your resume "On The Waterfront", i bet it's hard to handle.
    Don't feel bad, atleast you coulda been a contender like Marlon Brando.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

7) No-Show Rankings

[6]
    [5]
    [4]
    [3]
    [2]
    [1]
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

8) Official Rankings

[​IMG]
    Week 23

TOP 10

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 11-1
    2. -Sephiroth- 5-0

CONTENDER
    3. Mount 3-1
    4. -Atreyu- 3-0

5. 4Matt 3-1
    6. Jai-Z 2-0

7. E tha Real 2-1
    8. Area51 5-1

9. G.Q.. 1-0
    10. Gallactico 1-0

THE REST

11. T.a.C. 3-2
    12. EarlLeeGraves 3-3

13. Eternalpath 2-3
    14. I'm Deon 0-1

15. Wordp1ay 4-1
    16. Ironside 1-0

17. DaTrusHurtz 8-3
    18. Muffffy 1-0

19. _KDP_ 2-1
    20. Morphus 1-0

21. Mic-illaH 5-3
    22. Voltron 1-0

23. D.LOKE 4-4
    24. Tha Won 1-0

25. Windsprizzle 1-0
    26. Gundam 2-2

27. Servical 1-0
    28. Ra Ill 1-1,000,000

29. Defcon_5 0-0
    30. Something_Else 0-0

31. JAIBE 0-0
    32. Ben Blazyn 0-0

33. Yung Troy 0-0
    34. QuackerJacker 0-1

35. Xquisite 0-1
    36. u.n. owen 0-1

---------------

OUT

Calibre 8-3
    ExodusIII 9-6
    Grey Fox 0-1
    Gramur 0-3

NO-SHOW

Jimmy eles 4-2
    UserName 0-1
    Joe Nobody 0-1
    Medichi. 0-1
    Revanon 0-1
    Wordz AhGod 0-1
    L. Kross 0-1
    Ekim MC 5-3

test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

9) Top 10 Predictions

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 11-1
    2. -Sephiroth- 5-0
    Even

Honestly, I obviously think that if Cav is Oneduh or someone of equal caliber, then he should be able to take this one easily. Even if he is purely just a newcomer who has made huge advancements since his earlier battles, I’d still say that he has the talent to steamroll the competition here. However, Seph is no pushover. I think Seph is hungry and if he has the same amount of time as last week along with more determination and focus, this could be one of the few classic matches since the return of the RBL. Hopefully, they go all out at like 24-30 lines. For predictions sake, I’ll say Cav takes in by about 3 votes. Still, I think Seph can muster the creativity to come out on top, though putting my money on him is the higher risk.

CONTENDER
    3. Mount 3-1
    4. -Atreyu- 3-0
    Mount -2

Hard to say. Mount had a very well crafted bar last week accompanied by a not so well crafted verse. Atreyu was also lackluster, coming off a match that I think he easily lost. Both are mediocre writers and both are closer to the title than they should be according to talent. Nevertheless, I think Mount just may be the better writer of the two. My guess is that he posted poorly against his competition this past week on purpose, and therefore he possesses a slightly higher level of skill within that brain of his. Atreyu, on the other hand, seemingly gave a substantial amount of effort and barely edged out a competitor that is overlooked, and rightfully so, by many. I’m going with Mount, by a couple of votes.

5. 4Matt 3-1
    6. Jai-Z 2-0
    4Matt -4

I would say a landslide based on last week’s matches, but 4Matt is slightly inconsistent and Jai-Z has potential. Even so, with all the energy and creativeness that she could muster, I do not see Jai coming out on top in this one. 4 just showed too much pizzazz in his writing last week. He’s on another level, and a more mature and appealing level with better wording. He has also shown cleverness that I have yet to gain from reading a Jai verse. She has a fighter’s chance, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’m going with 4Matt in an almost landslide, due to a few bad votes.

7. E tha Real 2-1
    8. Area51 5-1
    Area51 -2

Area51 is off and on while E, IMO, is off more than not. Both possess the ability to crumble the other, while both also possess the ability to be huge disappointments. E has struggled consistency with wording, though his concepts are becoming. If he can do something about his wording and tighten up the flow, I think he has a great shot. However, I’m putting my money on Area who is more consistent in talent, but lacks in effort shone. Assuming E shows (which I’m sure he will) Area will buckle down and deliver, pulling off the win in a close one.

9. G.Q.. 1-0
    10. Gallactico 1-0
    Gallactico -3

Coming off an impressive win, Gallactico will look to show and prove while G.Q.. clearly has far more to actually prove and hopefully both show. G.Q.. was semi-impressive and by semi i mean in the least possible manner. Should be a fairly easy match for Gall assuming that his creativeness can carry over. Neither has had the chance to prove consistent and I'd almost say that Gall is a fluke and won because Deon was uninterested and he had material. Without the fat lines though, or knowledge on his opponent in general, will he still be able to deliver at the same level or higher? G.Q.. should put up a good fight and this should be a good match, but I'm going with Gall on the strength that he did more this past week than the opposition.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

10) Top 3 Prospects

[3]
    “E THA REAL”
    Unimpressive in recent efforts and inconsistent in his career, he is still ranked among the top competitors within the league at any given moment. With that said, I hope he finally takes some of my criticism in to account and loses the undeserved ego. His wording is bad, plain and simple. His ideas also tend to lack at times. If he can focus on wording what ideas he already has though, and tighten the flow, I think he’ll quickly become a strong contender for the belt. Until then, he’ll just be another “Almost Doesn’t Count”. This week he’s rounding out the top 10 and against formidable opposition that is more than capable of making a fool out of him. Therefore, I assume he will take some things into account and actually put forth a little more effort. If he does, I think he has a strong chance of breaking the top 4 and soon gaining the belt that he’s had more chances than any to grasp. But, if he sticks with the macho “I’m already good enough” routine then he’ll only continue to fail and become the staple for failure.

[2]
    “CAVEAT1”
    Obviously the champion is always of the top competitors, and rightfully so. This week though, he actually made the cut because he will actually have to try. Against Sephiroth, a man whom possesses more than enough talent to earn the title is a bit of a hit or miss. I assume that Cav would rather ensure that he miss this week. I look for him to recycle a few lines from last week (hopefully he won’t get caught, because otherwise he will lose by technicality) and throw in some fresh material to turn a few heads and keep the ball rolling another week or so at least. Either that, or he’ll slip up and fall victim to the potential of Sephiroth, a bit of an underrated battler who desperately needs to step his game up to be a legitimate challenger.

[1]
    “SEPHIROTH”
    And of course, the challenger is my number one pick because I truly believe that he may give the champ a run for his money. If nothing else, he will get good praises and pats on the back while still losing in a landslide that many will label “close” while sugarcoating the fact that almost doesn’t count. Nevertheless, I think Seph is ready and able and if he fixes the little vulnerability that shone this week, we may possibly be looking at a new champion. He’s good cut out the fluff though and sticks with only punches that hit. Hopefully they go around 24 and hopefully at least 18 of those 24 are purely strong punches. Also, he’ll need a strong opener to grab attention and a strong closer to remind voters of why he should win. If he keeps it consistent with the same creative effort of last week, I think we’ve got ourselves a helluva match.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

11) Interview

Q: So, how did you feel about your time as moderator recently? what do you think the problem was? and keep it real, because i see they tried to put you on front street as if you weren't doing your job. respond.
    USER: yea i seen that, it's whatever tho. controversy doesn't suit me anymore, im not in high school and i aint got time for drama - real life or internet-wise. but the whole situation was, i think i had more passion about shit getting done on time then oneduh did. and to prove that point, since i was only added to write the mags - i LET it slack. the way i saw it, i had one responsibility from the jump - write the mags. if you actually go back and look tho, i was closing matches, posting matches - shit i even did ranks once.
    USER: so i let the actions speak for themselves
    Q: i agree. i think you did your part. so, how do you feel about the current state of the league and where do you see it going? think it has the potential to be "GREAT" again, or has that time truly flown by us all?
    USER: i mean it seems like its finally got more than 1 dedicated person doing it - which was a big issue in the past mod teams
    Q: lol, really?
    USER: lately theres only been one out of a pair. nasty and peace - nasty...KG, i forget who before that, but its been a trend
    Q: yea.
    USER: i dont even need to mention meta. Lmao.
    Q: what do you think the league needs to regain it strength? or do you feel that it is already headed in that direction?
    USER: i think its finally headed there. its been a rollercoaster ride, no doubt about that. so saying 'oh its headed in the right direction' is just a repeat of what everyones said each time a new mod team comes into play. i think its cool we got good heads signing in on a steady basis. we started doing that a few weeks back, then it slipped again and noshows were back in full effect. that showed how much of an efect the mods have on a league, competition is one thing - people to set up that competition is another story. but yea i think its on the right track.
    Q: on to other shit, how do you feel about caveat1? who do you think he is? alias or true newcomer?
    USER: lol, i mean i know who he is - but aside from the whole alias mystique of it all, i think hes doing his thing. he couldve easily done it without the name but i see what hes doing and its good for the league. he picked a hilarious way to do it, playing the newb card like he had no idea how to write and used it to his advantage. i think if he sticks around, he could definitely break meta's champ streak.
    Q: i think its one. anyway though... how do you feel about picture battles and what not? i'm sure you noticed that rev threw a hissy fit this past week. do you think permission should actually have to be granted in order to expand your material? and is it really an unfair advantage, or a well-take advantage?
    USER: people bitch over shit, thats always gonna happen. rev took it a lil' far, but he has a valid point. all someone has to say is 'hey im going to use ur picture' and then its at least a known fact so the only disadvantage is the unavailable opponent picture. there was a time when pictures werent even a possible option for battles. and i think rev comes from that school of thought, where its not something he has to worry about. it was a good introduction to the new era for him though. and to answer ur first question, i love pic battles - absolutely love them.
    Q: well, i'm announcing that you no longer need permission. there is no rule permitting it, but i think it needs to be stated because people jumped on me as if i was bending the rules
    USER: well not to jump down ur neck about the whole issue, but u know it used to be a rule right?
    Q: yea, i know.
    USER: aight
    Q: i've alway thought it was stupid though. you shouldn't need permission to diss anything in an internet text league inside of the internet. anyway, let's rap this up with some grading. mad men is on.
    USER: sho' nuffff
    Q: so i'll say some names and you give them a grade and a reason if you choose to. we'll start with one of my favorites, E THA REAL?
    USER: C+ - he's #2 on some austin powers shit. has he won the title? i forget. but the recent flop, get to the title, flop, get to the title, flop pattern hes established is LMAO @ the least.
    Q: no, he lost 4 times i believe, or something like that. check the archives, he's atop the "almost doesn't count" list.
    Q: EXODUSIII?
    USER: C+ - i place him in the E Tha Real category. same basically applies for him. except he's a tad less original. good guy though
    Q: yea, i mix them up quite a bit actually. I'M DEON/TROMBLEY?
    USER: B - funny guy, and when he tries he has some insanely creative stuff. it's very rare that he does though, i attribute that to his years on the net - this is all probably boring for him these days.
    Q: SEPHIROTH?
    USER: B+ - crazy creative, usually overthinks his concepts and i think his wording sacrifices. he's definitely a good writer though. i think he could make a couple title pushes.
    Q: QURIOSITY?
    USER: now or then? lolol
    Q: lol. either or. i can take it. though i think i would've ate rev this past week.
    USER: NOW: C+, THEN: A- - haha, i cant lie you used to be one of those guys i'd peep on the reg early on. you had a reputation for simple yet effective punches. shit came off so crisp back in the day. now, i think u got the same style almost, except simple isnt effective when theyve already been thought of... haha. oh and u write dope mags and make sweet graphics
    Q: lol, well done. i was eusich btw. though i hardly tried. i was still in both leagues and running both at the same time. i left cos i think i whooped cav's ass and an alias isn't good without a flawless record. just a few more... 4MATT?
    USER: C+ - hes decent, i need to see more from him to establish a better grade
    Q: and umm, CALIBRE?
    USER: A++ - dopest there is, ever was, and ever will be. point blank period.
    Q: lmfao. okay, any last words? any advice for newcomers, or for us as moderators? anything you'd like to get off your chest? any guarantees that you'll show this week?
    USER: an apple a day keeps the doctor away, how's that for newcomer advice? except consider the apple an emcee battle arena match, and the doctor's my fucking boot. basically, practice makes perfect. so keep at it. same advice applies to RBL mods. if it gets tough dont bitch out Nasty style. i doubt yall would - just saying haha. ill show this week, i wouldve showed last week but it was a crazy week at the LAST SECOND. nothing i really have to say, aside from fuck anyone who thinks i slacked in any way, shape, or form. and any implications towards so will result in a face-fucking. thx for keeping me in, btw
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

1) Outroduction

Though I am not cocky in my efforts, I do feel as though my approach to moderation is highly effective and proven to be so. Therefore, if you oppose my views, changes, opinions, or rulings, then I encourage you to offer more productive alternatives with extensive reasoning to back it. I am not unwilling to change or to listen to the participants of this league, however many make empty accusations with little actual interest in bettering the league. If you feel strongly about something in life, you should react accordingly.

Hopefully we can at least keep the completion rate about 50%, though I am striving for 75% this week. The more you give, the more I am willing to give. Meaning the more we all cooperate as a functioning family, then the more corners we can bend together for the better of the league.

All in all, I believe I am very fair and very understanding. I do not wish to be a dictator or anything of the sort. I do not wish to come off as disrespectful in my opinions or votes because I respect you all as writers and love you all as people. So please, be understanding of me as well and stick it out and we will make this league legendary once again.

Good luck to you all.
    test
  15. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

good shit homie.... where's the sign in thread.... imma jump in
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  17. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

test
  18. I'm Deon

I'm Deon the guy who fucked ur mom

yeah thats about right user
    test
  19. Ben Blazyn

Ben Blazyn fuck you.

yo Q any way u can give antics a match he wanted to sign in but he couldnt..if not its cool
    test
  20. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

I'm a little buzzed from to many drinks so excuse my being blunt,
    but i definately won the beloved RBL belt before. but who cares->
    being proud of that is something to be ashamed of.

I love that almost doesn't count list, that was entertaining.
    especially for someone who mods the league and half the vets
    have no recollection of you battling this decade. now let's
    talk about doesn't count. LMAO

But now I'm starting to think I'm wasted, How the fuck are
    you going to question the validity of Caveats vote? I mean he
    champs this poor excuse of a league you mod and you go out of your
    way to throw a cheap shot at how he votes? pathetic.

why don't you do yourself a favor and take the loss of my record.
    and prove you can atleast mod correctly. and I don't have ego,
    you calling yourself a good voter based on longevity is symbolic
    that you have one.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.