[MAG] The RBL Herald, Week 21

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Sep 22, 2008.

?

Do you like the new graphics for the RBL?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

----- RBL CHAMPION, WEEK 21 -----
    [​IMG]

---------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Introduction
    2. Public Apology
    3. Poll
    4. No-Show Voting
    5. Top 5 Summary
    6. Weekly Highlights
    7. Punchline Pandemonium
    8. Top 3 Prospects
    9. No-Show Shine
    10. Official Rankings
    11. Top 10 Predictions
    12. Outroduction

---------------

1. Introduction

Back at it again, and going strong. Though this is only the first week since my return, as well as Jook’s, I see a bright future for this league.

Assuming that a co-moderator is found for Oneduh and also assuming that Oneduh finds the time needed to dedicate to this league, it will be a smooth ascent from here on out. Even without, I am here and I will ensure that at the very least, threads are closed and opened on time. As for the magazine, I do not intend to continue writing. I am only producing this edition because I have the free time and I do not feel like studying.

Nevertheless, I encourage you all to tell a friend to tell a friend that the league is back and thriving. Numbers should increase (hopefully), and if not at least we can work together to increase the number of completed battles per week. Incentives and quirks are in the working. Not gimmicks, but simple solutions to problems that plague the league. Please trust that any incentive will only be optional and that all will be well thought and only geared towards bettering the league.

We are currently “taking applications” for a moderator. The main tasks of that moderator would more than likely be to write the magazine and post it on time with Tuesday being the latest possible date. Of course there are no immediate penalties for posting late, but excessive failure to comply with moderation deadlines will result in being relieved of duty. Please, if you feel that you have what it takes or are interested in ensuring the success of this league, submit articles weekly, vote on time and thoroughly, and help in any way that you can. You WILL be noticed.

Without further adieu, I would like to end this introduction how I have ended nearly 30 others in the past and that is by extending a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

2. Public Apology

To begin, these past four/five weeks have been quite rocky. I would like to publicly apologize for that as I feel it was partly my fault.

I originally stepped in to help Nasty and Master Peace. It was not my intention to take over or disrupt the flow of the league. Unfortunately, Nasty and Master Peace took offense. In short, Master Peace was demoded and Nasty demoded himself which left the league at a slight standstill.

We were quick to find replacements. Based solely on empty promises and past reputations, MetaSin, Username, and Oneduh were chose to head up the operation. Meta never showed signs of life while Oneduh declared himself the sole leader and Username ended up doing most of the work (that is, the work that was completed).

Nearing my point, Oneduh found it righteous to bend rules for the “greatest good”, or in other words, more often than not. My opposing view was to always follow the rules and only make decisions pertaining to gray areas, and that those decisions made be ethical and in correlation with the standards set before it by the governing body of rules.

I don’t say this to down my fellow moderator, but to explain my recent hiatus and negative viewpoint on the league these past four weeks.

The disagreement arose at a time in my life where interest in the league was little to none. Though I felt strongly about my beliefs and I could foresee the death of the league, I did not care to argue my point. So I let Oneduh have his way, but under one condition: that I would no longer help him or his moderation team. He assured me that this was best, and that he did not need my help. He presented his track record and claimed that he knew how to run a successful.

Again, I am not negating his ability. Though his effort is hardly noticed, I do feel that his view has its place, and if the league were in a healthy state upon his arrival, it may have thrived under such rule. I also do not credit the disintegration of the league solely on Oneduh or his team. I only type this to say that I was wrong.

Wrong. I was wrong to turn my back on you all. The disagreement was exaggerated and hardly worth my departure. Truth be told, I enjoy moderating. Though my time is limited, for weeks I have watched in hopes that Oneduh would fail. Guilty as charged. And I know admit that I was wrong.

Not wrong in my view, but wrong in my actions. And for that, I apologize. You may feel that this is hardly needed, but I needed to ease my internet conscience. Thank you for giving me your time.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

3. Poll

Do you like the new graphics for the RBL? Yes/No

Each week, when it applies, I will post a poll to facilitate some form of healthy/helpful discussion for the league. I encourage you all to participate not only in voting but in discussing your views/reasons behind your vote. This will not only help in moderation but it will increase daily activity and help bring us together as a functioning league.

This week is just a simple test and a bit of self glorification on my behalf since there really isn’t much to discuss as of yet. More in-depth polls are sure to come.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

4. No-Show Voting

It has recently come to my attention that many of you who win by way of no-show feel that you are not obligated to vote on any battles. Even worse, many of you feel that you are not obligated to post a verse at all, so long as you checked in and the other competitor did not.

This is ridiculous, to be frank. All competitors who wish to receive a win must post a valid verse and must also vote on at least 5 matches. Last week, I was leniently on voting because nearly all voted and all matches receive a suitable amount. But, please don’t expect any handouts. You must ALL VOTE on 5 matches, including the champ/contender matches. Failure to do so will result in no win.

And if it wasn’t obvious enough, you must ALL POST A VERSE in order to be even considered for a win. Regardless of your opponent’s situation, if you fail to post a verse then you are deemed a no-show and will receive a loss.

Please, I encourage you all to read the rules. Leniency will be common during the next few weeks due to inactivity and unawareness, but all rules are expected to be followed at all times.

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-com-battle-league/1106656-rules-official-rules-stipulations.html
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

5. Top 10 Summary

CHAMP: 1. Caveat1 9-1 v. 2. ExodusIII 9-4
    OUTCOME: Caveat1 wins, 13-1

A bit disappointing in my opinion. While Caveat1 showed some finesse in lyrics and easily wiped the floor, I think we all can agree that we always expect more than is received from an Exodus verse. Or maybe it’s just me. Either way, he’s a somewhat respected name, though lately all he has accomplished is climbing the ranks only to repeatedly lose (5 times). I’m not sure if that is good or bad. In retrospect, he does tend to always REACH the top. But a failure is a failure, and that is how I felt about his verse and many others. Just bad wording and forced wordplay.

CONTENDER: 3. kungfugrip 9-1 v. 4. Jimmy eles 3-1
    OUTCOME: Jimmy eles wins due to no-show

5. -Sephiroth- 3-0 v. 6. 4Matt 2-0
    OUTCOME: -Sephiroth- wins, 6-5

A better match than I had expected. 4Matt is a fairly new name to me, though I see that he has a band of fans already. Many voted, and voted for 4Matt at that. Not a great match as far as talent shown but in level of talent it was nearly equal according to the votes. With that said, I still found little reason to warrant 4Matt a win, and I suppose my vote turned the tides. Sephiroth comes out on top in a very close one due to slightly stronger punches and more recognizable swaggerisms.

7. Eternalpath 2-1 v. 8. Calibre 7-2
    OUTCOME: Calibre wins, 7-2

A much expected result, with Calibre making it out on top in a huge margin. A blow out by my standards, with EP offering little hope in her verse while Cal was a bit consistent but kept it at least 3 levels above the opposition’s talent. Some good punches here and there as the people’s champ continues his journey en route to becoming an actual champion.

9. BronzeAtlas 10-4 v. 10. Wordp1ay 2-1
    OUTCOME: Wordplay wins due to no-show
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

7. Punchline Pandemonium

RUNNER UP

[6] We're all waiting for Ex to step on the throttle & do harm
    Turns out his best shot came straight out a bottle of Boones Farm
    “Caveat1”

TOP 5

[5]
    It's over, lehman brothers shut 'n ya wordpad doc was graded shambles
    I just hope when you File for Close, you skip Save As & striaght up Cancel
    ”Calibre”

[4]
    you talentless fag. pardon my french, but take a breather
    cuz consistently speaking. Mount, u'd never learn that language either
    “Trombley”

[3]
    i'll give you a oldschool whoopin for frontin and actin silly
    so when i say 'hammer time', i mean something like subway attacks in philly
    “-Sephiroth-“

[2]
    But I don't have to turn up my nose at you, you broke clown,
    Cause I can easily smell your garbage lines a mile away with my nose down.
    “Mount”

[1]
    He got overrated in power rankings, now people thinking he could impress
    But there's no reason to read Ex-Cav, only one of us is Gooden text
    “Caveat1”
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

8. Top 3 Prospects

[3]
    “USERNAME”

With formidable opposition his first week back, User has the talent and hopefully can find the time to come correct and pummel his way through the bottom ranks. Area51 will put up a good fight, consistently above average. User will either no-show, post to his potential, or lose and blame it on time constraints. Either way, he’s easily one of the best currently active participants, so for that alone I’ll say he’s one to look out for.

[2]
    “CAVEAT1”

Champion. Enough said. I haven’t read much of Jimmy, especially within this league. However, I hope that he can put up a good fight. Nevertheless, Cav increases in potential each week and I look to see another slight increase in talent while still not really putting forth his full amount of effort. He’ll post second and do just enough to snag the win. If Jimmy does turn out to be good, then he’ll post even better. Either way I see it, he’s definitely one of the top competitors within the league, though I think there are many climbing that could easily beat his current state.

[1]
    “CALIBRE”

The people’s champion. Not enough said. LOL. Seriously though, he’s pretty good. Better at times, but consistently slightly above average. He’s a match away from the belt and pitted against a formidable opponent. Show and prove here. Strikta stepped on his last run and he publicly acknowledged that he underestimated. A cop out in my opinion, and only an idiot would make the same mistake twice (or at least use the same excuse). Seph’s verse last week was highly beatable, and assuming both post at the same level then I’ve got Cal taking it. Add in his hunger and determination and he’ll be tough to beat. But, if he posts first then I think Seph has the talent to win.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

9. No-Show Shine

[2]
    [1]
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

10. Official Rankings

[​IMG]
    Week 22

TOP 20

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 10-1
    2. Jimmy eles 4-1

CONTENDER
    3. -Sephiroth- 4-0
    4. Calibre 8-2

5. T.a.C. 3-1
    6. Mount 2-1

7. EarlLeeGraves 3-2
    8. -Atreyu- 2-0

9. ExodusIII 9-5
    10. 4Matt 2-1

11. Eternalpath 2-2
    12. Jai-Z 1-0

13. E tha Real 1-1
    14. Grey Fox 0-0

15. Area51 4-1
    16. UserName 0-0

17. G.Q.. 0-0
    18. Gramur 0-2

19. I'm Deon 0-0
    20. Gallactico 0-0

THE REST

21. Ironside 0-0
    22. Joe Nobody 0-0

23. Medichi. 0-0
    24. Muffffy 0-0

25. Morphus 0-0
    26. QuackerJacker 0-0

27. Revanon 0-0
    28. Voltron 0-0

29. Tha Won 0-0
    30. Xquisite 0-0

31. u.n. owen 0-0
    32. Gundam 1-2

33. Windsprizzle 0-0
    34. Wordz AhGod 0-0

35. Servical 0-0
    36. L. Kross 0-1

37. Ekim MC 5-2
    38. Ra Ill 0-1,000,000

OUT

Wordp1ay 3-1
    Trombley 6-5

NO-SHOW

kungfugrip 9-2
    BronzeAtlas 10-5
    Resin M-I-C 1-1
    Strikta 8-5
    Chris P. Nutz 1-2
    Gundam 1-2
    rev0lution 1-1
    meticulous 3-4
    EYE-Z 0-1
    StubbilyMug 0-1
    L. Kross 0-1
    jpizzle19 0-1
    Light Saber 0-1
    The Old Man 0-2
    Servical 0-1

test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

11. Top 10 Predictions

CHAMP
    1. Caveat1 10-1
    2. Jimmy eles 4-1
    Caveat1 -5

I’ll say another blow out. I thought of placing a safe bet since I know little of Nephyou’s battle talent. But then again, Cav is not only gaining in momentum but he’s knocking off some decent competition. Granted his road to the champ match was arguably unrespectable, he is earning his stripes within the top position and until some of the lower ranked tough guys can catch up, he looks to retain his belt.

CONTENDER
    3. -Sephiroth- 4-0
    4. Calibre 8-2
    Calibre -2

Seph has the potential, but I’m not sure if he’ll give it his all. Calibre has probably already written his verse and I know he wants it more than a Willy Wonka’s golden ticket. He also possesses the talent to take this one and I think the difference lies in his obsessive hunger for the belt, in which case I think he’ll edge this one out only to lose a week from now.

5. T.a.C.3-1
    6. Mount 2-1
    Mount -5

T.a.C. is hardly considered a competitor. It’s hysterical that he’s rounding out the top 6. Nevertheless, Mount has talent and more than enough to steam roll T.a.C into the pavement. Easy win.

7. EarlLeeGraves 3-2
    8. -Atreyu- 2-0
    Atreyu -1

I’m uncertain. I’ve read few of both and can’t recall any from Earl, though I recall him running his mouth. He’s also not a great voter, judging by his opinions last week. Based on that and the fact that his record is ugly, I’ll say Atreyu edges this one out.

9. ExodusIII 9-5
    10. 4Matt 2-1
    ExodussIII -3

Ex should win this fairly easily. He’s usually aggressive outside of the champ match, though I’m still not a fan of his style and/or wording. With that said, I found trouble with 4Matt’s style/wording last week as well. I think Ex is on a higher level plus has the experience and reputation to take this one quite easily. 4Matt will put up a surprisingly good fight though and edge out some votes, but he’ll lose in the end and even that record of his while Ex does the same.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

12. Outroduction

Hopefully this week will fly by. A lot of check-ins thus far so I’m praying for the best. I’m exhausted though and all written out so I’ll leave it at that. Good luck to you all.
    test
  13. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

It wont let me vote, also I cant start a thread in the other forums,whats up wit dat?
    test
  14. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Umm, ur no show shine vese is crap. Earleegraves is a biter. His "dick in your/fuck what you heard" line belongs to Rakim, damn near word for word. The "price ova ya head/money ova bitches" stolen too. Lol I just skimmed thru and spotted it.
    test
  15. Calibre

Calibre Peoples Champ

best mag for ages, nice shit

appreciate the comments too. good looking out. nice graphics too.
    test
  16. EarlLeeGraves

EarlLeeGraves Line Em Up

Sure I would bite Rakim Top 5 dead or alive smh. theres nothing new under the sun in case u havent noticed
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i didn't read, it was the only 2 complete verses i could find, the others were geared towards no-shows from what i saw
    test
  18. Area51.

Area51. New Member

cool shit
    test
  19. J o o k

J o o k Guest

That's my boy Qubert right there.

Dope mag bruh.

Woot!
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i'm working on a new archives as we type. since week 1 of the rebirth, similar to what we did for RSTL but hopefully more extensive. you can see it in moderation in the archive forum. tell me what you think thus far.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.