[MAG] The RBL Herald, Week 12

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    Week 12

CONTENTS

1. Introduction
    2. Public Announcement
    3. A Look at Feeding
    4. Top 10 Summary
    5. Weekly Highlights
    6. Punchline Pandemonium
    7. Top 5 Prospects
    8. Next Top Model
    9. No-Show Shine
    10. Official Rankings
    11. Top 20 Predictions
    12. Beauty of the Week
    13. Interview
    14. Outroduction

1. Introduction

First and foremost, this is officially the very first magazine that I have written for the RBL. I have been a member since late 8th grade, and I am now a married man with a month old daughter (whose pictures are in my signature!). I have no idea why I still frequent this site, but I guess it is addictive no matter how uncool that may sound. Cutting to the point, I hope that this magazine be enjoyable for all parties, and I hope that you may read with an open mind. I have experience in constructing these things (nearly two seasons of magazines -32 weeks- in the RSTL) and I hope that you can adjust to my style of writing which I personally feel is more efficient than posting the rules and sign ups and whatnot to feel extra space.

With that said, my formal introduction is now complete. Any ill feelings you may have towards me or my opinions after reading this mag (and possibly future magazines as well) are now declared void. I have no desire to cater to your personal feelings and will only express my opinions and the opinions of those who willingly choose to participate in its creation.

The reason for my writing this mag is to announce the changes that are being made. A new rules thread has been stuck, which I highly recommend that you all read, learn, and abide by to avoid useless confusion and frustration over rule breaches that are easily avoidable.

Besides this announcement, I have also found a new interest in helping this league stay afloat after witnessing the constant beefs and slandering of my fellow moderators. Though I have not been actively present in this forum, and I cannot rightfully say that I agree with each and every decision that has been made up until this point, I can say that I stand firmly beside my moderators and have full faith in their both interest and ability to run this league.

However, I have noticed slight holes in the system, and will hope to fill these holes in the weeks to come. I have appointed moderators for the RSTL (my personal league of choice) and have chosen to dedicate my time over the next few weeks to ensuring the well being of one of the longest serving and most respectable internet battle leagues on the web.

Without further adieu, I would like to end this introduction how I have ended nearly 30 others in the past and that is by extending a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1 @ gmail or instant message me at joekraq. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.

MODERATOR AIM INFO

Master Peace - GODsFavoriteWun
    xX_NASTY_Xx - lyrikalxlord
    Quriosity - joekraq
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

2. Public Announcement

RBL'S Official Rules and Stipulations

In an attempt to clear the constant confusion and senseless squabbles between competitors and moderators, I have reviewed and revised the current standing rules for a more clear and concise listing.

It is impossible to stress the importance of your understanding of these rules. The league will prove unproductive as long as members misinterpret rulings to match their own selfish desires. These rulings have been outlined as such to avoid further discrepancies.

The new rules are similar to that of the old, with only minor changes and more thorough explanations of each ruling. Please, please (I would further repeat, but most of you would not listen) read them and learn them like the URL to the Prowlers' archives (yea, we know you maggots flip lines like there's no tomorrow).

I am making it a point to let all aware of these rulings so that when disciplinary action is taken, the fault will not be on the backs of us moderators, but on yours alone. We will no longer bend or break rules to help or injure certain competitors, regardless of your clout or lack thereof. Rulings that will require a decision to be made by the moderator have also been highlighted and discussed thoroughly.

So please remember to not overlook this section as filler and to actually click the provided link above and to learn and hopefully follow these new changes. And also, trust that I have made these changes for the better of the league.

NOTICE OF CERTAIN RULE CHANGES

[1]
    To those of you who continuously fail to vote sufficiently will begin to see votes deducted per each insufficient vote. You are required to post 5 links and of those 5 links, all must be sufficient in breakdown and deemed as valid. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a vote deduction per each equal to a total of 5 possible vote deductions for each vote required.

Insufficient votes include votes where you have only quoted random lines or votes less than 4 lines in length. Sufficient votes will include votes 4 or more lines in length and/or 2 lines per competitor as well as votes where you have quoted lines followed by an explanation which is 4 lines in length or more and/or 2 lines per verse. Votes that have broken down each bar of each verse will also be deemed valid.

[2]
    Also, the voting link thread will no longer be of use. From now on, you are required to post your 5 links within your match thread, preferably in your check-in post. The 3 post rule has been deleted, however if a continuous amount of freeposting is found to be bothersome to the league and its participants, action will be taken. So please, note that you must post your 5 voting links within your thread, and preferably edited into your earliest post.

Please note as well that you need not change the formatting of the url's. We do not need them labeled as 'vote 1, vote 2, etc'. Please, leave url's as original url codes and it will be automatically formatted to show the name of the actual thread. This is the easiest way for us to determine who has voted on what and if you have all voted on the required Champ/Contender matches.

[3]
    A new 5 minute window rule is now in effect. This is to rid the bitchassness of the league in calling in rule violations 45 minutes before battles are to be closed. Therefore, if a competitor has posted 5 minutes late or less and it has been overlooked by moderation, then the opponent must report this violation before Friday @11:59PM EST. Otherwise, it will be deemed valid and voting will commence. Any verse outside of the 5 minute window will be deemed void regardless of the time of recognition. This should be known so that there may be no surprises in the future.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

3. A Look at Feeding

As you may have noticed from reading and reviewing the new rules spread (which I'm sure you maggots have yet to do), the issue concerning feeding has been amended to fit more realistic situations.

In my personal opinion (and in no way do I mean this as an attempt to attack certain members who may have opposing views) feeding is a healthy form of battling. In any situation, whether a verse has been recycled, flipped, bitten, or simply original but in some way a retaliation of an opponent's verse, the better of the two will prevail. What I mean is that, the better writer, or the writer who wrote the better verse within that week, will always win, regardless of any outside forces (other than terrible voting habits).

Now, in no way do I mean to side with a biter, or one who blatantly flips the lines of others, or even recyclers (only because it promotes laziness). But, I do not understand the trouble behind feeding. Understand that I am not a rapper of any sort, and have never rapped outside of this website. However, I would imagine that in a live battle (which many of you claim to frequent), feeding would be common ground. All in all, most effective material is feeding in some sort, whether it be from the other verse in the thread, verses from the opponents past, personal information that has been shared, an avatar or signature, etc. These are all forms of feeding, and drawing the line between them can become very tedious.

I have found an excerpt from a previous magazine concerning the views of members within the league at that time about the subject. Here is what I discovered.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Mixed feelings, clearly, which only solidifies my theory that the disciplining of those that feed can be a very strenuous activity. Now, in the rules, I have stressed that feeding will be extremely frowned upon, but will be dealt with on a case by case scenario as felt necessary. For the most part, no disciplinary action will be taken in the case of healthy feeding, even if a respectable head feels as though he is "unfairly" losing because of an opponent feeding from his verse. In RBL's past, there has never been a rule which restricted feeding, and many great battles have been the result of it. I has also been countered for ages by great battlers and has never had a significant impact on the level of one's skill.

However, if feeding is seen to give an unfair advantage (which is almost impossible to determine legitimately), then action may be taken if deemed necessary.

With that said, I would suggest those of you who have a problem with feeding to either post closer to the deadline to avoid such situations, or to post better and win your matches by the amount of skill, which is how battle's should be won in the first place.

This is my stance, and as for now, this will be the standard for the league. If it is found to be problematic or disruptive in any way, or if the majority of the league is strongly against it to the point where it may hurt the league, then other options will be weighed. But in all honesty, the ban of "feeding" is a bit ridiculous, and only pussies will argue this fact.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

4. Top 10 Summary

CHAMPIONSHIP
    MetaSin 10-1 vs 2. Defcon_5 5-1

An easily predictable outcome, but I think I speak for the entirety of the league when I say that we at least expected a fight out of Def. Granted, I haven't read much in recent weeks, but I have skimmed at least the last 2 and Def con hasn't been stellar, while Meta has been on a rampage since Meta became Meta. However, there was a certain hype about this match, and with Meta pressed for time, it would seem as though the underdog would possess the upper hand. Completely the opposite here with Def dropping a decent '401k plan' line against a well balanced and well stacked verse courtesy of yours truly, MetaSin. Nothing out of the ordinary here, with Meta retaining the title while effortlessly knocking out the number one contender.

MetaSin wins, 9-0

5. BronzeAtlas 6-2 vs 6. TorrMup 5-4

Somewhat of a pleasant surprise, although both verses were technically found to be underdeveloped, the battle turned out to be a much better read than expected, with slight hope for the underdog. Obviously, the man sporting the near .500 winning percentage was slated to lose miserably, however TorrMup actually managed to collect a substantial amount of votes against a lackluster BronzeAtlas verse that left most wondering what the hype was all about it. Bad execution left BA wide open for a loss, but he was able to pull it out here with just enough umph to topple the slow paced, self proclaimed slapstick comedy of a verse that Torr dropped.

BronzeAtlas wins, 6-4

7. kungfugrip 4-0 vs 8. Rap Antics 4-2

To begin, Rap Antics felt a bit shaky, but more than enough to whoop some newbie ass on the battle boards. Unfortunately for him, Kungfu is no newbie. Another predictable match here, with Kung nearly sweeping the opposition in votes. Possibly a closer match than votes may depict, but Kung proved victorious due to fresher concepts and a much stronger swag that reads through in his verse. He had some original wordplay mixed with a fairly good flow and disses against a verse that started off stronger than it finished. Consistency and originality prevails.

kungfugrip wins, 7-1

9. Drugs 3-0 vs 10. Voodu 3-0

One of the better matches, with Drugs never disappointing. Voodu seemed promising to some (but never sold me) with some decent disses and a certain sense of confidence about his verse. However, when picked apart, most of his good lines were executed poorly and the rest were either played or just simply not good. Drugs on the other hand was more consistent with fresher disses and simply one of the better verses of the week. A few hiccups towards the end, but overall he never let up and delivered it with a certain swag that just made you rock along to it, and at times I actually felt sorry for Voodu. For some reason it just seemed as though Voodu thought he came much better than he actually did, and most probably felt that he had a good chance of winning. Not so, and this battle would end as most predicted, with the votes heavily in Drug's favor.

Drugs wins, 8-2
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

5. Weekly Highlights

Best Match
    "13. Vivify 3-1 vs 14. Qualm 3-1"

A tough call, but based on consistency, strength in punches from both parties, and closeness between skill levels in verses leaves only one clear option, the overlooked battle of no-names or most probably "hidden aliases" looking to start over fresh with a new reputation and climb their way to the top. Although very brief in length, both sides delivered well for what ended up being the most balanced of the week.

Runner-up = 9. Drugs 3-0 vs 10. Voodu 3-0,

Best of the Best
    "Drugs"

Against what appeared to be a fairly decent verse, up until Drugs came and tore it apart. A very consistent verse with each line always good enough to counter nearly any line that the opposition had to offer. There were slight instances where it seemed to slack, but overall it was a solid performance with quite a few quoteables, more so than that of MetaSin's verse, which lands drugs at the top of the list for verses of the week. Good shit, homie.

Runner-up = MetaSin

Best of the Worst
    "Eusich"

What seems to be an up and comer, and what could very well be another alias trying to reinvent himself under a name in order to lose the risk of tarnishing a name with an unexpected loss. Whichever the case, he showed true potential and with fresher concepts, could be a force to be reckoned. His swag was present, along with a good flow, and although some punches were played, he actually produced at least two solid lines. Hopefully, he can keep up the work and prove his worth, or go down as another one hit wonder.

Runner-up = none, because all other fresh meat no-showed.

Most Improved
    "Light Saber"

After last week's lackluster showing, and against a self proclaimed beast, this battle stirred up some heat early on and collecting numerous votes from being one of the first to post. LS showed and proved here, wiping the floor with the likes of a overconfident, cocky, son of a newbie who is hardly decent and conceptually retired since late 2001. A great chance to put in some work and build credibility, LS took advantage of a weak opponent with a name surpassing his level of skill, and brought his A game to the table. Still, much work is needed if LS wishes to continue climbing, but he definitely made one of the biggest 'step ups' of the week. Tough call, with TorrMup improving as well, but a major difference is that LS is actually defeating someone with more clout than he has, while TorrMup just gets a pat on the back for being better than expected.

Runner-up = TorrMup

Worst Voter
    "TorrMup"

That he boasted that he voted on every match of the week, nearly all were seen as inefficient and did not count. Is it that hard to must up 4 lines of dialogue per match? I mean really, your entire verse was damn near filler and yet you can't find the filler to stretch a fucking vote just ONE MORE line? Please, take note and fix the issue because action will be taken in the future.

Runner-up = Every other faggot who posted less than 4 lines per vote.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

6. Punchline Pandemonium

RUNNER-UP

[11]
    leavin' pathetic nerd on a short leash, now pop that collar fuck
    EU is so fucking terrible, that the value of the US dollar is up
    -Prometheus-

TOP TEN

[10]
    Checked ur past, I saw only a few battles I believe that u won
    I seen everything Re-do...
    ... and usually a ^^^^^ is then what needs to be done
    DaTrusHurtz

[9]
    Ya Generic Punches Plus No Personals Equal The Worst Rap
    Those Blanket Statements Only Led To Ya Eventual Dirt Nap
    Caveat1

[8]
    this dude can't get with chicks, they're sick of his evil stalkings
    viv's a one for convo..well normally thats the number of people talking
    Qualm

[7]
    i'm provin he's fake, i'll bring Bayou to a dead stop and..
    beat the faggots ass so bad he'll change his name to Red Swampland
    Wash.

[6]
    And speaking of wits, I'm the wisest with flow schemes,
    While the light bulb in his head must've decided to go Green,
    Eusich

[5]
    Voodu? Sounds like a goth kid – I bet this bitch ass hoe’s pale
    If you dropped a polished verse, it’s only to match your black finger & toe nails
    Drugs

[4]
    who sent me this homo? cuz ur pal is a fuck-up
    i can't Behr ur shit. so u need like 417293473 gallons of touchup
    kungfugrip

[3]
    My lines are famous so learn em.. cause urs are ancient and worthless
    Why’d u leave the ‘oo out of your name, but not do the same for your verses?
    Drugs

[2]
    Ya text is wack, and ya even more worthless on a beat
    Fuck “Kick, Push”….
    When I wanna loop a fiasco, I’ll put all ya audio verses on repeat
    MetaSin

[1]
    But something about ur shit puzzles me, and really I just gotta know
    Why 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but one Du can write a lot of don’ts
    Drugs
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

7. Top 5 Prospects

[5]
    Qualm

A competitor that has shown significant talent, I believe that calm is a force waiting to be discovered. Most probably an alias or site hopper as most new names with a pinch of skill are, but either way his true talent has yet to be shown, or discovered even. I sense that he feels he may be better than what he currently really is, but will wind up being better than he ever imagined. As for now, he just makes the top 5 for being one of the most consistent of the week, and one who has shown potential in increasing in talent.

[4]
    Mufffy

Been around and on several different sites and because of this, is a polished veteran who knows what it takes to win. Although his verse this past week was somewhat lacking in the skill associated with his name, I still believe that he can deliver when needed and can duke it out with the best of them (as of now, at least). However, I still believe he needs much work to snatch the title here, but as of now, will be a regular in the top 10-20 and a solid competitor for any battler who is lucky enough to be pitted with the muffster.

[3]
    kungfugrip

Obviously, he has already made a name for himself as most have come to realize. However, I am still unaware of who he is. Maybe my memory has left me, but I never remember a kungfugrip from back in my day. Nevertheless, I've read a few of his more recent battles and I can vouch for his talent. With further development, he could truly be a beast and a constant contender for the title. Nevertheless, at his current pace, he will still most likely see a shot sooner or later, though I don't feel as though he has reach his true height.

[2]
    MetaSin

Obviously enough, he has been Champ for some time now, and a multiple champ at that. He is polished with great delivery and a knack for originality. He is also loved by many and hated by few. But with time constraints and whatnot, I just can't bring myself to placing him in the number one spot. I do not doubt his ability to win under any pressure and I know that he is hungrier than ever, everyday. But, realistically, Meta is beatable by a few and with the constant need for an extension and other extracurricular, I feel that his force field may be just weak enough for a worthy competitor to come in and capitalize.

[1]
    Drugs

Posting arguably the best verse of the week, along with the most consistent and original in concepts, Drugs seems hungrier than ever with a solid swag and confidence in his abilities to win. I am also confident, for the most part, in his talent, which is why he has rightfully earned the top spot. It looks as though competition is slim for Drugs, and if he stays consistent, it will look to be an interesting match up against Meta in weeks to come.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

8. Next Top Model

"Eusich"

In what became a slightly anticipated match-up of no-namers after early trash talk in the ranks thread, a writer of true potential was birthed into the league. Not nearly talented enough to tackle the likes of MetaSin, our current standing champ, but with practice, consistency, and longevity, I think Eusich may have what it takes to at least become a respected name within this forum.

Outside of the "big name" matches, I feel that Eusich versus -Prometheus- was easily the best. Neither was overly skilled, however Eu showcased the much needed swag and momentum to win a string of text battles. Prom also displayed potential, but fell short here against most probably "the better alias" of the two.

With that said, I hear by declare Eusich as the "Next Top Model" of week 13. Meaning that out of the new sign ups and no-namers, Eusich has shown the most potential to withstand the test of time within these threads. Congratulations of being the first (by default) "Next Top Model", and hopefully in weeks to come you will prove it to be true and stay on a consistent and deserving path.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

9. No-Show Shine

[2]
    "E Tha Real"

Easily one of the best of participants that were no-showed, but not easily one of the best. E has new found clout in this league and can hold his own for the most part, but minor slips in his dress leave him exposed for criticism. Just mechanical errors mainly, and the fact that everyone can't be as creative as a John Hensley or MetaSin, or at least not nearly as consistently. Here, the main problem that I found were with flow and concepts. The syllables for the most part were off throughout the entire verse which really makes for an uneasy flow, that i just feel as though you were saying too much per each line. Stretched, if you will, and for no particular reason. All in all there were still some decent punches thrown and some personals in there, but I also felt as though the concepts became too repetitive towards the middle and through the finish. It just read as though the verse was longer than needed, and you seemed to dedicate at least 2 lines per personal which really just drug it on conceptually (like the calibre and oneduh segments). There were also a few that just weren't worthy of being written, such as Ron Jeremy, and others that could have been used better, such as the papa john's. I did like a few though, such as the clueless and maui lines, and a few personals hit as well (but not with as much impact as they should, given better mechanics), but overall i felt this was good on a newbie board scale, but low as a respected head and contender for the title. You'll have to do much better next week to snag the title.

[1]
    "Wash"

Out of the verses available to choose from, I believe this to be the best. Others showed potential, but as a whole, Wash clearly showed the most skill in writing. Some good punches along with some decent ones and a few wack lines, but overall it was fairly consistent with a pretty good flow. Out of the punches above, the bayou line was nice but I would assume it to be played, calibre was a decent personal/filler punch, blue in the sky was eh, blue in the face was nice, red swampland was nice, blues line was eh, herald was okayish to borderline eh, and the closer was true and a decent enough closer for the job but also a bit fillerish. Overall I think you focused too heavily on blue bayou nameplays which is a "no, no" here being that 'blue' lines are far too simplistic for the most part, and you proved this to be true with about 75% of your blue lines. But I did dig the blue in the face and red swampland, which were both effective and very good 'in your face' type punches. Overall, I'd say work on creativity and originality in concepts, which seemed to be your weakest trait here. Good shit though homie.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

10. Official Rankings

[​IMG]

Week 14
    Official Rankings

TOP 20

CHAMPIONSHIP
    1. MetaSin 11-1
    2. E Tha Real 9-3

CONTENDER
    3. kungfugrip 5-0
    4. Light Saber 5-2

5. Vivify 4-1
    6. Medichi 4-1

7. Wash. 3-1
    8. DaTrusHurtz 3-1

9. Mic-illaH 3-0
    10. Muffffy 3-2

11. Sir. Ebral 3-2
    12. Pablo BaZooka 2-0

13. Trombley 2-0
    14. -=Kolli$ion=- 2-2

15. DeSiMaTiOn 2-2
    16. Don Dotta 2-1

17. D.LOKE 1-1
    18. _KDP_ 1-0

19. New Styles 1-0
    20. Eusich 1-0

THE REST

21. Oneduh 6-0
    22. magus. 3-0

23. Chrit 4-2
    24. Defcon_5 5-2

25. TorrMup 5-5
    26. Rap Antics 4-3

27. Strikta 3-2
    28. N. Sight 4-4

29. Rex Regis 2-2
    30. Allegory 2-1

31. sfsportsfan 3-6
    32. Caveat1 1-1

33. criticize 1-1
    34. JAIBE 1-2

35. Illion 0-4
    36. -Prometheus- 0-1

37. TonyB 2-2
    38. Keith Lettuce 1-1

39. Beyond.. 1-2
    40. Ribo Nuke 0-1

41. Agnidira 0-0
    42. Ben Blayzin 0-0

43. DeadKing 0-0
    44. Diso. 0-0

45. Dope Chris 0-0
    46. Ekim MC 0-0

47. fist 0-0
    48. Joe Metts 0-0

49. King Grimet 0-0
    50. MoneyMatters 0-0

51. Larkin 0-0
    52. Sutherland 0-0
    53. The Night 0-0

OUT

BronzeAtlas 7-2
    Drugs 4-0
    Qualm 4-1
    Voodu 3-1
    Czar Chasm 3-4

NO-SHOWS
    john hensley 9-2
    Blue Bayou 3-3
    dReadfulL 2-3
    Coherent. 1-2
    Chin Kwon 0-4
    Calibre. 0-1
    RicanTheoryz 0-1
    SkitSoFrenic 0-1
    Ribo Nuke 0-1
    rocket 0-1
    Drugs 4-0

test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

11. Top 20 Predictions

1. MetaSin 11-1 v. 2. E Tha Real 9-3
    MetaSin -3

Though E does have the potential to win at any given moment, his swagger is not as fan friendly nor are his concepts. Meta appeals to the common reader and brings his A game to the table not only consistently within the match, but with every match. He is also very creative and tends to drop solid disses with a smooth flow. E goes the more indirect route with arguably wittier disses that are also more wordy and have a lesser impact. With that said, I think Meta will take this one pretty easily in the end, but E will put up a good fight for another classic match, and definitely more enjoyable than last weeks.

3. kungfugrip 5-0 v. 4. Light Saber 5-2
    kungfugrip -5

The better of the two is quite clear, although Saber has shown slight improvement with each match. Kung seems to be a household name around here and associated with dope often while Saber is looked to be just another "has never been". By that, I mean an old had who has resurfaced but never had much clout to begin with. He was always a cool cat and I remember a brief buzz way back when, but nothing major. With that said, I see Kung winning this easily, as he'll turn it up a notch with 2 wins away from holding the title. Saber'll put up a surprisingly good fight, but won't receive more than a vote or two.

5. Vivify 4-1 v. 6. Medichi 4-1
    Even

Hmm, maybe undeserving of such a high rank, but both have done well and sport fairly good records. Viv was somewhat nice last week, as was Med, and this looks to be one of the closer matches of the top 20 by far. Without much reputation to go on, I'll say Viv edges it out with better concepts, while Med drops the more direct hits but loses by a hair. Nonetheless, it will be an interesting match to witness.

7. Wash. 3-1 v. 8. DaTrusHurtz 3-1
    Wash -2

Trus is coming from an undeserved win while Wash is coming from an undeserved advancement. Either way, I think Wash is the better of the two and whether he's well rested or too rested due to last week's no show will determine the outcome of this match. Trus talks of himself as if he has what it takes, and boasts about being in the champ match during his last stint. While either of the two will have to show and prove here, but I'm giving Wash the slight edge.

9. Mic-illaH 3-0 v. 10. Muffffy 3-2
    Muffffy -3

Mic's decent and Muffffy's been around the block quite a bit. I think experience in knowing what to expect will play a part here as Muff will not underestimate his seemingly newbish opponent. Both will impress, but I've got Muff coming out on top and continuing his climb up the ranks, with Mic coming just that close to pull off the upset.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

11. Sir. Ebral 3-2 v. 12. Pablo BaZooka 2-0
    Even

Not much to say here on account of I know nathan about either competitor. Based solely off of last week's amount of skill, hunch, and coolness of name alone, I'd have to call this in Sir's favor by quite a margin.

13. Trombley 2-0 v. 14. -=Kolli$ion=- 2-2
    Trombley -1

Another close match up. Despite the gayness of his name, Kollision does possess a hint of skill, and if he posts to his full potential, i think he could take this one quite easily. Although the same goes for Trombley, which I think is the better writer by a hair. It'll be a battle of concepts, and the one with the most creative will prevail here. In my opinion, I'll go with Trombley but a nut hair because of consistency in his lyrics and having the more impressive win of the two from last week.

15. DeSiMaTiOn 2-2 v. 16. Don Dotta 2-1
    Even

It's almost saddening when I have no ideal who either battler is within the top 20. Both sport ugly records and ugly names. I'll pick Don for being the better alias. That, and Desimation looks as if he really may be a newbie and not an alias, while Don looks like he may have some tricks up his sleeve. Could go either way though.

17. D.LOKE 1-1
    18. _KDP_ 1-0

Even

Fuck if I know. D.LOKE?

19. New Styles 1-0 v. 20. Eusich 1-0
    Eusich -1

Toss up. Eusich did well last week, and I've never heard of New Styles. I'd call it even on account of not know one of the competitors, but I'll go with who I think may be the better of the two aliases. Eusich by a smidget.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

13. Interview

Quriosity: ok, well now that we've established your credibility (whatever that may be), name some of the negatives that you have seen with the league since its rebirth.
    DaTrusHurtz: well one big issue is newb voting. most of the voting in the league isn't bad, but theres a few dudes who pretty much vote for the wrong dude in like every battle n' its kinda annoying
    DaTrusHurtz: also i think theres too many aliases
    DaTrusHurtz: thats about it tho
    Quriosity: yea, that and the short votes are annoying for me
    Quriosity: can you offer any forms of improvement, or is it a dead subject?
    DaTrusHurtz: yea thats annoying too. props for dqing those votes this week
    DaTrusHurtz: well the only way to improve newb voting is not having newbs in the first place, or at least not as many of them, you always need up and coming talent in a league
    DaTrusHurtz: one way to fix it i think is having boot matches between people not doing well in the league
    Quriosity: so, a dead subject really
    Quriosity: its out of our hands
    Quriosity: lol at a boot match, well that's an idea to say the most
    DaTrusHurtz: if u boot losers, u boot a lot of the bad votes
    Quriosity: true, but its better on paper
    DaTrusHurtz: doesn't solve everything, it creates new problems of kicking people out, but it'd improve voting
    Quriosity: kind of like the idea of communism
    DaTrusHurtz: lol yea
    Quriosity: doesn't really work though
    Quriosity: so, how about the positives?
    DaTrusHurtz: well activity, the league is as big as any league has been in awhile
    DaTrusHurtz: and a lot of that activity is from talented heads
    Quriosity: true
    Quriosity: and quite a few up and comers, or people reinventing themselves on new names, but still new names
    Quriosity: any more positives other than activity?
    DaTrusHurtz: yeah definately
    DaTrusHurtz: well its pretty organized i'd say
    DaTrusHurtz: matches are up consistently
    DaTrusHurtz: mag.. thats another story lol but thats aight, the leagues run pretty well
    Quriosity: well, i think the mag will be more thorough than ever this week
    DaTrusHurtz: and as more people see that, the league will only continue to grow
    Quriosity: not that im hatin on my man MP or any others that have done it in the past, but posting the sign up thread, ranks, rules and what not are just filler
    Quriosity: anyway...
    DaTrusHurtz: yea i said that awhile ago, its good the leagues now gettin' a good mag
    Quriosity: yea, not to slander MP though, cos i'll need him to take back over
    Quriosity: but some self glorification isn't bad
    DaTrusHurtz: sure, whateva gets some of the kids excited
    Quriosity: but yo, so who do you look up to as a writer in the league right now?
    Quriosity: if that's a tough one, then just name the top 3 and why..
    DaTrusHurtz: i'd have to say metasin, grip, and muffffy
    DaTrusHurtz: just my 3 favorite writers signed in right now
    Quriosity: fair enough
    DaTrusHurtz: shame hens no-showed, hope he comes back cuz he's one of my faves
    Quriosity: and is that in order?
    DaTrusHurtz: nah, no order
    Quriosity: hmm, id say its a pretty good order as is though
    DaTrusHurtz: i'll keep it then haha
    Quriosity: a lot of hype around Kung, guess i've been gone too long to know who he is, but im slightly impressed thus far
    Quriosity: so, let's rap this up
    DaTrusHurtz: i think u'll be even more impressed as u see more, he's champed a lot of stuff over the last year
    Quriosity: how about we give some grades out?
    DaTrusHurtz: sure
    Quriosity: i'll type a name and you give a grade
    DaTrusHurtz: word
    Quriosity: either A-F, or 1-5, whichever is easiest
    Quriosity: and be honest...
    DaTrusHurtz: no problem
    Quriosity: off of this week alone..
    Quriosity: criticize?
    DaTrusHurtz: D - only reason he doesn't get an F is cuz he voted for me this week lol
    Quriosity: sfsportsfan?
    DaTrusHurtz: F - didn't read him this week, but from what i've seen, thats what he gets
    Quriosity: yea, dont rate them from this week, but im pullin names from this week
    Quriosity: rate them from their rbl career since the rebirth though
    DaTrusHurtz: oh oh aight
    DaTrusHurtz: word
    Quriosity: Light Saber?
    DaTrusHurtz: B- - His styles kinda different from mine so some of his lines aren't my thing but he's not bad
    Quriosity: TorrMup?
    DaTrusHurtz: D- - gotta give props to his dedication, but he's not good and his votes are HORRENDOUS
    Quriosity: Strikta?
    DaTrusHurtz: C+ - I seen lots of dudes give him a lotta props.. he's not bad, but I don't think he's really a contender here
    Quriosity: BronzeAtlas?
    DaTrusHurtz: C+ - gotta see more from him and not sure if he's an alias? he's had some decent stuff but hasn't really stood out to me
    Quriosity: okay, just a few more..
    Quriosity: mic-illah?
    DaTrusHurtz: C - He's 3-0, but I think thats more cuz of his opponents than really how he's dropping.. maybe i'll be more impressed when he has a tough opponent
    Quriosity: e tha real?
    DaTrusHurtz: A- - I'm not really that into his style, but he's pretty witty, his record is no accident
    Quriosity: defcon?
    DaTrusHurtz: B - He could be an A if he were just more consistent, but he's not
    Quriosity: and one more out the hat...
    Quriosity: umm, Drugs?
    DaTrusHurtz: A - he's pretty dope, i wouldn't be surprised if he comes close or actually does champ the league
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Quriosity: okay, now on to other news.. I'm sure readers will have noticed by now that you won by way of technicality (which really sucks for area for being 2 minutes late, but rules are rules)
    Quriosity: and i expect a string of punches to arise from this
    Quriosity: so i'll give you a chance to explain yourself and the situation...
    Quriosity: Go.
    DaTrusHurtz: well i saw i was facing rex regis and wasn't sure if he was an alias or just some wack newb.. so i read his verse last week, and it was bad, i concluded he was a newb. so because of that, i dropped pretty blah this week. after i drop my verse, he posted under the name he's more known as, area51.. which if i'd have known, i'd have spent a little more time on my verse
    DaTrusHurtz: since he caught me off guard and it looked kinda deliberate, i didn't feel that bad about it
    DaTrusHurtz: also i think his first line was recycled
    Quriosity: lol
    Quriosity: well im pretty sure he would have lost anyway had i deducted from voting links
    DaTrusHurtz: i searched.. i couldn't find it, but i could swear i remember reading that line before from him
    Quriosity: but its arguable a bitch move on both parts, so we'll leave it that
    DaTrusHurtz: fair enough
    Quriosity: how about your views on feeding?
    DaTrusHurtz: its pretty gay
    DaTrusHurtz: just isn't fair to the dude who dropped first
    Quriosity: i agree in certain cases
    DaTrusHurtz: anyone that feeds just to learn to think of their own concepts
    Quriosity: but isn't that just another crutch for the first guy
    Quriosity: that's like banning creativity
    Quriosity: i mean, its just another tool for battling
    DaTrusHurtz: its banning creativity in the sense of fairness
    Quriosity: its like baning nameplays
    Quriosity: because its unfair because one guy has a gay name or something
    Quriosity: i dont know, i have mixed feelings
    DaTrusHurtz: only way feeding would be cool is if i got to post, then you post, then i post again, then you post, etc.
    Quriosity: i think it can be unfair, but most can't even utilize it effectively anyway, and those that can would have won either way
    DaTrusHurtz: i suppose thats not that unrealistic an example, but thats subjective where as feeding isn't
    DaTrusHurtz: its not as big a deal as people say, 1 fed bar isn't usually the difference in a battle, but it can be, and still, if feeding is allowed, no one would post first
    Quriosity: well, let's dead that, telling someone who doesn't believe in feeding that feeding is fair is like telling a lil' wayne fan that he's not REALLY the best rapper alive
    Quriosity: so, any last words to end this?
    DaTrusHurtz: mods keep doin' ur thing, i think y'all should even PM/email/aim more dudes to try to get this league even bigger
    DaTrusHurtz: i want to give a shout out to Medichi also, i think he's really talented and doesn't get enough props, so here is his props
    Quriosity: i would, but i have a wife and daughter, plus school and work
    DaTrusHurtz: word, not u necessarily, but someone should
    DaTrusHurtz: gotta aim high... 50 league members is nice, but think how sick it'd be if there was 100
    Quriosity: there used to be well over 100 in the past
    Quriosity: it gets messy as a moderator though, but yea
    Quriosity: anything else?
    DaTrusHurtz: yea i've heard about that, and i think it could happen again with enough work
    DaTrusHurtz: thats about all, keep up the good work here
    Quriosity: well, that's a rap.
    Quriosity: thanks for playing.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

14. Outroduction

All in all, this was a fairly dope week and I am more than inspired to stick around and ensure the long term success of this league.

Though Nasty and MP are doing a great job, and I don't wish to step on their toes by any means, but I feel as though I have neglected my priorities as a moderator here and now that the RSTL is squared away (at least for the next few weeks) and I have signed out of the league, I think i have enough free time to stick around here during the week and make sure that everything runs smoothly.

The process begins here, with new graphics, a new magazine, new rules, and just an overall new swagger and prestige about the league.

Please respect our efforts and if you have any serious concerns, then direct them to us either through email or private message in a mature and civilized manner and we can work towards a feasible solution. If we can not all cooperate, then how can we be productive as a league. I'm not pushing to stop the beef, because beef is important and healthy within any league, but stop the useless bickering and picking fights with the moderators because you failed to follow the rules. Own up and except responsibility for your actions and we can all move forward.

In closing, I would like to say good luck to all and I hope you've enjoyed this thorough edition of the Herald.

VIDEO OF THE WEEK

[youtube]onpZKxclxrU[/youtube]

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep."

Fran Lebowitz

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Do you like the new graphics/layout?
    Yay or Nay​

Peace, and chicken grease.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

eat it up.
    test
  20. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

lmmfao@having me at 29th in the ranks in here..wtf Q..that shit makes me wanna sign out like right now...i have no comment on the breakdown cause i've already said my piece about that but real talk dog wtf r u doin
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.