[Mag] RSTL Magazine Week 38 Edition

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

[​IMG]

RSTL Magazine Week 38

Intro
    Recap
    Battle of the Week
    No-Show Shine
    Matchups
    Predictions
    Babe of the Week
    Video of the Week
    Picture of the Week
    T.a.C-tical Interviews
    Grinds My Gears
    Conclusion

1. Intro

Welcome back everyone to the next edition of the RSTL Magazine. This week, we had a lot of great match-ups like we did last week. I would like to welcome everyone who signed into this week and wish them the best of luck in their matches. Once again, people seem to have forgotten that everyone is REQUIRED to vote on other matches and I don’t mean 2-3 lines total for both writers. This is what keeps the league growing and moving forward. We will be deducting votes from people who don’t vote.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

2. Recap

This week was just great for match ups. We only had three no shows and everyone else wrote very well to their topics and we had some compelling battles and unthinkable upsets.

The_K3 – This was a good no show verse. The rhymes were verse good and it read like you were having fun with the topic. It sucks that you were no showed this week and you couldn’t put your full effort into your verse or story. Still, this was an enjoyable no show read and I look forward to your match next week.

MordridDeschain – I would’ve loved to see you complete this verse here. It had great flow and good rhyming and the story was nice. Despite being so short, you developed it nicely and it was easy to follow. Good job on this verse MD and I look forward to your match next week.

ChemicalZen – This verse had lots of potential. You showed light of being able to develop a good story and being creative with it. You were the only one of our no shows that wrote a serious verse so you will get a full breakdown. You seem to have issues with wording, which affected your flow. Some lines read well but others did not. I’m not sure if English is your first language or not but proof reading your verse will help you a lot. I found that since you were actually narrating your own story to the court, you didn’t need some of the words you used. Also, using speech similar to that being used in a court. Still this was a good verse. Nicely done Chem and welcome to the league.

WarMachine vs. Dicnyaeye – This week, our two newcomers to the league went at it. I heard that Dic was a vet from back in the day but never had the please of reading any of his work. In this match-up, both writers seemed to limit themselves on the length of their story which seem to restrict the development of their stories. Dic wrote a great lyrical verse that had great rhyming and a good consistent flow. War had the same level of mechanics as Dic but made a better attempt to developed his story better. This, as well as the imagery helped propel War over Dic with a 4-2 victory(1-0 after non vote deductions).

Nom vs. Xiej – This match up was surprisingly close. Nom wrote a verse well story that was mechanically sound. His verse read like a poem to me, which was refreshing at times. The imagery was very good in this piece and I enjoyed how the story was developed. The readers seemed to agree with this. Xeij, on the other hand, wrote a good story that lacked in some mechanical areas and you lacked imagery and descriptions in your story. Once you accomplish this, you will be hard to beat in this league. Still, Nom ended up winning this match up, 6-0 however with Nom’s lack of voting, he only ended up winning 1 to -2.

ShadowWarriorfs vs. oNeiRiC – This week both Shadow and oNe are coming off of loses they both felt they could win. This week, they chose the same topic and decided to see who would use it better. oNe limited himself by writing a shorter verse. You had a good rhyme scheme and your creativity was good however you lack story development. The readers seemed to enjoy Shadow’s verse was more developed and told a more heartfelt story. Shadow was more basic with his rhymes but had good wording. This help Shadow win this match 4-0(4 to -5).

Pent uP vs. Main Stream – This match was predicted to be the battle of the week. Everyone had high expectations on these two veteran writers and they did not disappoint. Pent wrote an impressive verse that featured great imagery, nice flow and good rhymes. Main wrote a very enjoyable verse with good imagery and nice rhyming. The one thing that separated these two from each other was the approach these two writers took to their piece. Although, it wasn’t a huge difference, the readers felt that Pent had the more powerful story that wasn’t just well written, but creative as well. Pent won this match up, 3-0. Awesome matchup guys

Nique vs. Urizen – Urizen and Nique are both coming off of impressive victories and face each other in the number one contenders match. Urizen’s verse was a great improvement over his previous matches. Urizen has great creativity and it showed in this piece. The only issue was that the wording through things off and made it a little more difficult to get the full meaning of your piece. Although, this was true, against other opponents in the league, you could’ve been victorious. However, going up against Nique, who usually drops flawless verses, you needed to write a complete story. Nique was on a whole other level with her mechanics and story development. It’s going to be very difficult to beat Nique any week and she picked up the victory this week, 4-0.

Memento vs. Redeemed – In this match up, it was predicted that Memento would keep rolling and beat Redeemed with little to no effort. However, Memento wrote a verse that didn’t seem up to his level of skill and it showed this week. The story was great however, the mechanics were just ‘off’ for some reason. However, Redeemed wrote a verse that wasn’t just well written but was developed really well. The emotion was great and it seemed to flow off the pages. This is how Redeemed defeated Memento and became the [kat][kat][kat]new RSTL Champion. Congratulations Redeemed[kat][kat][kat]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

3. Battle of the Week

Main Stream

[​IMG]

Remember when you had time on your side,
    Back then your life was exciting and it's vibrancy thrived.
    You walked the tightest of lines between success and that word,
    Which you neglected to murmur within earshot of your friends...
    You were popular then.
    You had options again.
    And viewed working around the clock as a negative means to a positive end.
    There was no watching your step, you were ahead of the pack,
    A young intelligent man maturing ever so fast.
    There was nothing pegging you back, you could fully support yourself,
    But you knew this all too well so expectations were high...
    Only time was racing you by while you made up your mind,
    And came to decide what it was you wanted to make of your life.
    While taking the time to analyse the real specifics,
    Your steeled exhibits showed the hands of time had begun to feel constrictive.
    You clearly witnessed it's hands tighten their grip on your throat,
    Habitually choking the very essence that made you you...
    It shaped your views,
    It changed your mood,
    It made you blue.
    To the point the socialite became a social lights-out-each-day-at-noon.
    Some say it proved the catalyst ignited between,
    You realising your dream and finding all wasn't quite as it seemed.
    But time is a ceaseless competitor of powerful guise,
    Towering right over your shoulder waiting for that final hour to arrive.
    It's glowering eye is cast from the clock faces blank expression,
    And those hands that beckoned you on to determine your worth...
    Will be the same hands that will strangle you when things take a turn for the worst.
    You observed with concern, it was not that you never listened,
    You were bothered by repetition.
    It was lost in your definition.
    You weren't a cog in a mechanism that could plod to a steady rhythm,
    Nor bob with athleticism to keep things ticking along...
    As another tick in a long production line that didn't belong.
    But your resistance was strong and wouldn't grind to a hault,
    When they would find you at fault for falling behind in results.
    You derived your impulse from knowing that sadly,
    One day we're all thrown to the scrapheap where the golds and the brass meet.
    Alone on the factory floor is where all's revealed,
    When it almost feels like a holes been punched through your heart-shaped ball of steel.
    When time's forced the wheels to stop spinning, and it's springs have sprung,
    The clocks integral pins are run down and they're in need of a fix...
    Not realising you're the key that permit them to even exist.
    With the clock ceasing to tick despite them taking it apart,
    Only then will they find just how truly irreplaceable you are...

Vs

Pent uP

They say dreams are the windows of the soul--take a peek and you can see the inner workings, the nuts and bolts.
    -Henry Bromel,

The Foggy World

Here its clear I keep a Bottle furled.
    I thought the yearning was less than probable.
    This crop of herb was always optional;
    in three years these peers never got perturbed.
    Now lots are worked up to spill the jokes
    while I drill my throat with a milky smoke.
    It starts in my nose like Colbee Callait's song
    and hits my brain to wipe my pallet gone.
    I get lost in a haze, shocked in a state
    properly commonly named 'startin to fade.'
    Clumped thumps as blood pumps the heart in a rage
    - tongue numbs; the drunk once part of the race
    smartles away. Colors melt from carpets to drapes
    before my arduous gaze becomes a marvelous waste.
    The air becomes way too thin to breathe...
    sinking blinking leads into fruitive sleep

and

Lucidity.

Hearty tunes skip a beat.
    An ergonomic acoustic of dreams.
    Melodies steadily fuse with my sleeves,
    my hands jolt and hold the fluid that leaks
    - from tears and blood, to beads of sweat
    and spittle. It glows in streams and clef's -
    fluctuating colors from greens to reds
    between the breaths and my heaving chest.
    Each defense is always micro managed,
    sparkin problems from a pyro's vantage.
    Watching my life as the entire planet
    until my warming glow made the fire vanish
    and the world burned out - diamond to a coal.
    Left me a silhouette with silver lining to the soul.
    As the background danced, mindless of control
    I passed the gated booth, rhyming for a toll.
    The high land of the stroll made circles complete.
    No where to go that seemed worthy to me,
    So I offered myself thanks - a courtesy plea
    and counter offer against impervious sheep.
    Hurdling the urgency made from life to gain.
    Foot on the pedal, trying to escape the hydroplane.
    Spun thrilled until I was laying by snow banks...
    turned water to gold and drank the mind to blank.
    Staying wide awake, watching car parts shower.
    Animals dance in the rain during bar hop hour -
    Heathens and bimbos stay rude as a factor
    ..even in limbo I lack delusions of grandeur
    of being useful and dapper - or a shoo-in that matters.
    Still looking through a book for humans and laughter.
    On cue with the chatter, but decline statements.
    Running backwards to the green light naked;
    slipped and slid into a tree while faded;
    apple hit the head before waking
    dehydrated.

test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

4. No Show Shine

ChemicalZen

The Preperation-

Lawyer: Alright Mr. Preston, let's discuss your plea... They only seem to have the tail end on video tape. I'm thinking you should claim some sort of psychotic break to try and avoid the death penalty.

The Testimony-

Before my veins fizz, Judge, let me tell ya the story,
    but warning: it's grand... felony gory.
    See the thing is, it took a bit in this jailcell to hit me,
    but now I know the first nail fell when my girlfriend tripped me.
    I was already typsy, ok... nearly blind...like solar eclipsing
    my molars were driftin... I mean you might say I was runnin my mouth.
    All I know is that when her foot lashed out, thats when things started to go south.
    One second I'm enjoying a fat mug of mead...
    the next I'm laying in the path of a thundering steed.
    ...Oh I forgot to mention a dimension that might make you baffled
    yeah, this whole thing takes place in a castle.
    the scene for my murdering spree turned out to be
    straight out of the tales, Canterbury.
    Shit even Chaucer'd be at a loss to describe
    what that star crossed night was like, with so many liveried knights losing their lives
    but look deep.. see the truth in my eyes. See, I knew my demise was close at hand
    Yeah, I suppose most folks mighta ran, but I'm a fighter, man.
    I scrambled to my feet... just in time to realize
    that I stood where two jousters were about to meet.

Now I told ya my memory's impaired, it was blackened
    but (I swear) this is how I remember it happenin.
    The air started cracklin... some dark magic creepin
    and thats when I felt it complete me that evenin.
    Merlin musta given me the missing link:
    made an ancient song boil in my blood
    the desire, the fire to my make my foes extinct.
    Before I could stop to think, my hand flashed to adjust the path of a wayward lance
    the first step of an awakened dance... where I started fuckin fate and rapin chance.
    The steel tip bit quick like carnal incisor
    right through the white knight's slight visor.
    Simultaneously I heard a crash, a screech, a splat...
    Watched a shower of splinters as his head reached back:
    a crushed helmet oozin grey and red out each slat.
    Before he could react, I switched my gaze and my course...
    Took down the other one by breakin the legs of his horse.
    That's right, swift kick to his right knee... I mean it was right beside me
    I know! It sounds unlikely, but bite me. Anyway, this fight, see...
    It was over in an instant, if you blinked you mighta missed it.
    Man you shoulda seen how the saddle was twisted... the collosion flipped it...
    You know the the ground? Yeah. His spinal cord kissed it.

Chaos reigned then finally subsided.... and I alone stood where the wreckage collided.
    Picked up a shard of a wood, drew a line in the sand: defiant.
    Inside my carnage ignited - flarin eyes darin any nine men to try it.
    Nine of them did... nine of them died.
    Just nine more corpses in the wake of my tide.
    There was no breakin my stride once it began,
    I started slaying every last child woman and man...
    and Oh how they ran! They scattered like static.
    It was rather dramatic, swimmin in a sea of asthmatics.
    I'd steal their breath with a slash to the throat
    Or feel their death with a gash or garrote.
    All those fashionate folks... I just loved dashin their hopes,
    Taking a passionate pose as I ended their dreams with slash or a choke.
    They blattered like goats until my fist shattered their notes.
    I composed on the wind, wrote with arcs of blood glistenin,
    Till all was silent again... a jackson pollack the only evidence
    of the ephemeral un'christenin I unleashed in sheets upon the land.
    I'd sated every lust, made them into dust... but I was exhausted, man.
    That's when I finally lost it. Collapsed and hit the ground.
    Fell into a pool so thick, I swear I nearly drowned.
    They say that's where they found me - face down in the fountain:
    the sole proprietor and master of what's now considered the world's greatest disaster:
    They're calling it the Mideval Times Massacre.
    I asked, sure - but they still won't let me join the cast. They wouldn't listen.
    I guess I blew my impromptu audition by getting tossed into prison.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

5. Matchups

CHAMPIONSHIP
    C. Redeemed 4-0
    2. Nique... 3-0

Prediction – This will be an interesting match. Last week, Redeemed upset Memento and took the RSTL crown. It will be interesting to see how. he does against a vet like Nique. I think that Redeem will drop fire once again. However, I believe that Nique will drop another flawless verse and take the belt from Redeem with a 5-0 victory.

CONTENDERSHIP
    3. The_K3 2-0
    4. Pent uP 6-0

Prediction – K3 is coming off of a no show victory while Pent is coming off a shutout victory against Main. This match could be interesting and depends on how serious these two writers take this match. I believe that Pent will want this more and pick up the 4-1 victory

5. ShadowWarriorfs 18-14
    6. MordridDeschain 3-2

Prediction – This will be an interesting match up. MD has a lot of skills and is very creative. Shadow has been pretty basic with his rhyming but has been writing good stories. This will be a nice read from both but I believe MD will edge shadow, 4-2.

7. ChemicalZen 1-0
    8. WarMachine 1-0

Prediction – Chemical is new to the league and wrote a good no show verse last week. He has to work out some of the minor issues with his verse, such as being consistent with his story and wording things better. War wrote a really good verse, despite being short, was very good. I believe that War will write a little more and win this match-up, 5-0.

9. Memento 6-1
    10. oNeiRiC 3-6

Prediction – Memento is coming off of losing his title to Redeemed and is looking to make an example of someone. Unfortunately for oNe, he is going up again a writer who has held the title the longest in this current RSTL League. oNe has the potential to write a very good verse and will need to in order to beat Memento. However, I believe that Memento will beat oNe, 5-0 and climb back into his title match.

11. Xiej 0-2
    12. Dicnyaeye 0-1

Prediction – Xiej and Dic are coming off disappointing loses and look to get back to their winning ways. Xeij has been improving nicely over the weeks and Dic showed that he can write with the best. I believe that both will write a good verse but I believe that Dic will win this match up, 4-2.

13. Main Stream 4-2
    14. Got Life? 0-0

Prediction – This should be battle of the week. GL signed into the league just to beat Main but Main has other ideas. Main is looking to prove to GL that he is a quality writer and he can beat him. GL is looking to prove to the league that he is the best thing since take dumps with the lights off. That being said, I believe Main will win, 4-3.

15. -Atreyu- 0-0
    16. Stacey James 0-0

Prediction – I’m not sure who Stacey is and Atreyu seems to be in and out of these league like crazy. I give the nod to Atreyu since I know how skilled he is.

17. MISSKEYdaQUEEN 0-0
    18. DeadKing 0-0
    19. Narsil 0-0

Prediction – I believe that all three will no show and if one does show, they will do the bare minimum to just pick up the no show win. I think that if anyone shows up, it’ll be Dead. No idea how I got that, just a guess.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

6. Babe of the Week

KT-So

Chinese Girls, Chinese Models, Chinese Babes

KT SO Photo Gallery by TGeorgePhotography at pbase.com

7. Video of the Week

Decided to go old school classics this week

[youtube]CCqHOt3Lu68&feature=fvw[/youtube]
    [youtube]kTQJ2QiK4QU[/youtube]
    [youtube]tykrVNkrt-8[/youtube]
    [youtube]cFZ7ZhqFc5o[/youtube]

8. Funny Pictures Of The Week

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. T.a.C-tical Interviews – No Interview this week. If you wish to be interviewed then hit T.a.C or myself up on AIM or PM during the week.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

10. Grinds My Gears – You know what really grinds my gears, people who pump up their own ego without have any grounds to do so. I’m all for bluffing and trying to impress the ladies but there is a point that this becomes ridiculous. Seriously, I understand that everyone should have self-confidence but arrogance is just retarded. My reason behind this is that I bet that these people were picked on their entire life. They were called names, insulted, beat up and just beat down. So they decide that they will put on a persona that gets people to believe the opposite of how they truly feel about themselves. I bet that these arrogant individuals go home at night and feel full of loneliness and sorrow and despite their efforts to ease this, nothing seems to give them comfort. My suggestion to these people is to stop trying to change the reality of the situation and just be you. This is what really grinds my gears.

11. Conclusion – This week we really had some impressive matches and an improvement on voting. I think that everyone did very well with their votes, giving good feedback to the writers. I would like to once again say congratulations to Redeemed for his first RSTL Title and hope he sets a good example as champ on voting and writing. Now, I’ve heard some things about the vote deduction, whether the minimum votes should be five, four or three. I will leave it to you guys to tell me what you believe it should be. Please explain why you feel it should be changed as well. I’ll post a poll in this thread for people to vote on as well (if I remember). I wish everyone the best of luck this week in their matches and hope everyone enjoys their week.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  9. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

test
  10. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

in your predictions, do you factor in any logic?

baron and I couldn't get 7 votes on our battle without phoning in former league champs not currently signed in via hook ups unless we battled at least twice.

battles are lucky to get 3 votes in this shit hole.
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

for someone who constantly fails to vote on more then 1 battle, u sure like to complain
    test
  12. UneekTestimony

Good point. He's scared of people voting against him. Unless it's a Pain battle.
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

that's possible....not to mention that it is possible to have 7 votes since there are 9 matches this week..Me, as a mod, like to inspire and give people the benefit of the doubt and since we have soo many writers this week, it's possible for there to be 7 votes per match
    test
  14. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

test
  15. MordridDeschain

MordridDeschain New Member

I'll be sure and vote this week.. good mag shadow
    test
  16. Blitz_krieg

Blitz_krieg SAY WHA.........

yeah good mag... thnks for taking the time to do this..
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

yea i figured u would
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

thanks...looking forward your votes

thank u
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i don't vote when people don't vote on my battles it's really that simple.

the only week I didn't vote with exception of just an estranged week when I'm to busy was when the champ match had 1 vote until like 3 minutes left to vote.

also agree with pent on several things wrong.

1) you can't call pain the biggest faggot when he requested an ext and was never granted it.

2) I didn't read the champ match, but both pent and baron had better verses than nom and nique.
    test
  20. UneekTestimony

[funny] @ you actually caring what the Magazine says. Shadow, predict me to lose every week and never put me in the Top Five verses.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.