[Mag] RSTL Magazine - Week 37 Edition

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

[​IMG]

RSTL Magazine Week 37

Intro
    Recap
    Battle of the Week
    No-Show Shine
    Matchups
    Predictions
    Babe of the Week
    Video of the Week
    T.a.C-tical Interviews
    Grinds My Gears
    Conclusion

1. Intro

Welcome back everyone to the next edition of the RSTL Magazine. This week, we had a lot of great match-ups match ups. We finally get to see Nique in action and we have a lot of people signed into this up coming week. I would to tell everyone that you will need to start voting better on championship matches. There is no reason that this match should have less votes then any other match. I would like to welcome Main Stream, Pent uP, Dicnyaeye, WarMachine, Telonticos, Chemical, and Nom Berryman to the league this week.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

2. Recap

This week was just great for match ups. We only had one no show this week, which is a great accomplishment for us. Let’s see how things went.

Xiej vs. The_K3 – K3 made his long awaited return to the league by going up against Xiej. Both writers took an interesting approach to the topics they chose. Xeij’ verse had some good aspects to it but the story didn’t seem to progress as much as I had hoped, although to other readers it did. On the other hand, K3’s verse offered a good story with good mechanics. The issue seemed to be that the wording, at times was off and you lacked ‘substance’ in your story. Despite this, it seems that K3 picked up the victory, 2-1.

Pain vs Profit – Profit returned to the league this week and faced Pain. Profit wrote a verse that had a nice good flow to it. However, the issue was the verse was simplistic at times and the story was good but could’ve been more creative. Pain wrote a very nice story with good metaphors. The flow was good as well. This allowed Pain to pick up the shutout victory 5-0.

MordridDeschain vs. Urizen – Coming into this match up, I wrote off Urizen think that he would lose. However, this is why we write and improve. Urizen’s story was loved and how he used the topic was really good. The wording was a bit off at times but the core of your verse was pretty solid. MD’s verse was good as well, although a bit simplistic in places. I did enjoy the flow and the imagery of this piece. This match up was surprisingly even talent wise but the voters thought Urizen’s verse was better, 3-1

oNeiRiC vs Nique – This week was the first time most of us has read a verse from Nique and we were not disappointed. She wrote a verse that had great story, nice rhymes and a great concept. The flow was good, which added to the enjoyment. Your story development is tops of the RSTL league, along with a few others. oNe is coming off of writing the verse of his life last week and this verse didn’t disappoint. oNe took a good story and made it enjoyable. The issue was that the wording was a bit off in the latter part of your verse which hurt the development and delivery of your verse. That being sad, it was still a good verse but Nique picked up the shutout victory, 4-0.

ShadowWarriorfs vs. Redeemed – This week, redeemed got his rematch against Shadow. Last time, Shadow defeated Redeem and left him with a bitter taste in his mouth. Redeemed wrote a good verse that was put together better than Shadow’s verse. Shadow tried to do a comedy aspect and didn’t hit with enough punch lines to defeat redeemed. This allowed Redeem to pick up the shutout victory, 5-0.

Memento vs. Got Life? – This match-up was most definitely the best in a very long time. Memento has been slacking in previous week with his stories and would need to wrote to the best of his abilities in order to beat GL. GL? wrote a verse was just amazing. From the development of the verse down to the consistent flow, everything was top notch. After reading this, Memento had a tough task ahead of him. Yet, he was up to the task writing a stellar verse, the best I’ve seen from him. He chose a very difficult picture and wrote so well that I had to put my head down in amazement. This made this match up very difficult to decide. It came to the point that readers had to just pick which verse appealed to them more. GL? put a excellent spin on his topics that I haven’t seen in a while and Memento wrote to a complex topic and just wrote to it very well. In the end, Memento shut GL out, 3-0.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

3. Battle of the Week

Got Life?

This is an ode to the irony you'd find in your dreams,
    A notion of lives we lead as we try to succeed,
    The ocean, the rising peaks crash as soon as we see,
    The pain inherent in the truth of the scene...

...I was never really rich, but content with my gifts,
    A smile on my face, if you mentioned my kid,
    Syd, short for Sydney, my favorite city,
    Simply put, reading kiddie books to her was a sacred gimme,
    She, loved the water, we would fish, and we'd swim,
    I'd give her kisses for every single fish she reeled in,
    But man, if you saw her submerged in the water,
    You'd witness gold flow when the currents were harsher,
    I remember the first time at Lake Pristine,
    We were swimming off the docks in the wakes of kings,
    She was young, still hadn't made sixteen,
    But immortality was apparent when she and the waves careened,
    From the distance, the faintest scream,
    Pierced like a needle through the day's mystique,
    A lonely little boy had fallen off of the dock,
    The type of little boy that needs to be watched round the clock,
    But Syd reacted, she dove with no fear,
    Swam there as fast as her soul could go bear,
    Tears down his eyes, water down his pipe,
    He choked out a thank you and went on about his life,
    It was then that I knew my support was needed,
    To help her achieve the goals that she's dreamin'...

...I sold my car, downgraded a bit,
    Sold my mom's jewelry, to pay for the trip,
    She slept on the trip down, missed out on sights,
    But she needed her rest to win this crown tonight,
    It was national try-out, Olympics, she crooned,
    A trip to Florida, for her, a trip to the moon,
    Anything to help my beauty reach what she wants,
    I'd rather be broke than see her unspeakably lost,
    We arrived at the motel, the best my money could touch,
    But with my daughter there, the scene was lovely enough,
    If you could see the smile, her gaze,
    It was like seeing a supernova, sitting but a mile away,
    The shoreline was a hop and a skip,
    She asked, "Hey Pops, wanna swim?" "No, priorities Syd!"
    "It's just a quick dip, I'll be back soon,
    Just sign in, I'll bring my phone, just tell me the room,"
    "Ok, but be careful, try-outs are only hours away,"
    "It's my life's dream dad, you don't need to pound in my brain..."

...And that was the last time I saw her alive,
    She hadn't eaten anything in the car for the drive,
    The twisting aches tortured her limbs,
    And the undertow came rushing so it forced her to give,
    She sank to the bottom of a prodigy's floor,
    They found her body blue, washed up on the shore,
    I wanted to die too, but I lasted a while,
    Barely surviving off the memory of that last loving smile...

[​IMG]

vs

Memento

[​IMG]

He carries a solid block of cement rock,
    On a silent eve; a child of God!
    Stripped from the waist up, semi-odd in his stance
    He embarks… on a spiritual walk
    A modern dance; thrusting dust across his pants
    To show his dedication to the heavenly spirit of creation
    He suffers torment as time goes on, losing coordination

Vision blurs
    Such a crude evaluation, from which this mission was spurred
    Dripping sweat, he rests upon the rock that rips his flesh
    Looks for God in the sky, while he tries to catch his breath

Tears roll off his face
    But moisture clings… to his skin
    He imagines the residues of sin
    Blood-soaked angel’s wings…
    Man’s soul’s mangled whims…
    The tangled limbs of a mutilated tree of life

His destination rests in the distance of his sight,
    Hopeless to motivate him; as it confirms his plight
    All his days and his nights have been long forgotten
    But the struggles of the moment proceed to haunt him
    Experiences come together in a blending design
    Where time is at a standstill, each minute reclined
    The night breeze sends chills to his spine
    Towing Mother Nature’s line…
    As winds grow… stronger, his limbs slow
    Eyes brimmed with angst, lacking strength in his slim form
    But having this hope, and this belief to trigger, he grips more
    Time and energy
    A vibe that readily
    Strikes a steady stream of courage, so he mentally diverges…
    Mentally, his person has been physically converted
    Spiritually he’s nervous, the tips of his fingers sweat
    The grip of his trigger gets… tighter… his goal: picturesque,
    As he visualizes the accomplishment
    He can do it, he knows it; He’s supposed to go through it
    His doubts face his admonishment
    Longing this victory in self-discipline, confidence melts into him
    This child looks to the Heavens and listens in
    Hears time ticking, then… winces in pain, but ditches it
    He staggers, dragging the slag of rock with him
    With a miraculous tug of oxygen, he hoists the slate atop his head
    And marches on…

Reaches a tiding river, where his reflection’s revealed
    He drops the block from the docks with a reckoning shrill
    The water splashes high into the air, crashing over him
    It refreshes the soul within this kid who knows his sin
    He prays to the Father, asking him to clean his slate
    It drifts to the bottom of the lake
    But he has faith

4. No Show Shine

The only no show was in a triple threat match and everyone else showed up. Nicely done.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

5. Matchups

CHAMPIONSHIP
    C. Memento 6-0
    2. Redeemed 3-0

Prediction – Both are coming off impressive victories and this is probably Redeemeds first championship shot. The problem is, he is facing a red hot Memento, who is coming off his defeat of GL. If Memento writes a verse like he did last week, he will win 4-0.

CONTENDERSHIP
    3. Nique... 2-0
    4. Urizen 7-5

Prediction – Nique is coming off a impressive defeat of oNe and Urizen is doing likewise. Urizen has proven that he cannot be taken lightly. However, I do not believe Nique will do that and she should win, 4-0.

5. .:pain:. 1-0
    6. The_K3 1-0

Prediction – This is an interesting match and I feel like it has happened before. Both of these writers are really talented but it will come down to how they develop their stories. I believe Pain will win 3-1.

7. Pent uP 5-0
    8. Main Stream 4-1

Prediction – I think this will be the battle of the week. Both of these writers are very talented and it will be great seeing them in action again. I think that if both writers take this seriously and show up. Pent should come out on top 4-3.

9. ShadowWarriorfs 17-14
    10. oNeiRiC 3-5

Prediction – Both writers are still improving and have a lot to learn. I believe that this match-up will come down which writer wants it more because both showed glimpses of being good but haven’t lived up to the potential as much. I believe Shadow will win 3-1.

11. MordridDeschain 2-2
    12. profit55 0-4

Prediction – This should be a nice match up. Profit is still growing in the league and has improve his flow a lot. MD is coming off a loss and is looking to rebound back into his winning ways. I believe he does so by beating Profit 4-0.

13. Xiej 0-1
    14. nom berryman. 0-0

Prediction – This will be a fun match. Nom has returned to the league and is looking to have some fun by beat Xiej. Xiej will look to upset Nom and has the potential to do so but I believe Nom will win 3-1.

15. Telonticos 0-0
    16. ChemicalZen 0-0

Prediction – I predict both will no show.

17. WarMachine 0-0
    18. Dicnyaeye 0-0

Prediction – I haven’t see any of these writers before but I am excited about the chance. Although I believe that War will no show and Dic will win via no show.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

6. Babe of the Week

We have a babe double header this week guys :eek:

Lacey Chabert

Lacey Chabert Picture Gallery Hot and Sexy Pics

&

Noureen DeWulf

Official FanSite for Noureen DeWulf | #1 Source for Noureen DeWulf | Biography, Photos, Video
    Noureen DeWulf Pics - AskMen.com

7. Video of the Week

[youtube]WJdCiV3EkTA&feature=related[/youtube]
    [youtube]NwDAfdmNMVw&feature=related[/youtube]
    [youtube]6Xeaj7EUwlk[/youtube]
    [youtube]NkiljpZMVuE&feature=related[/youtube]

8. T.a.C-tical Interviews – No Interview this week. If you wish to be interviewed then hit T.a.C up on AIM or PM during the week.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

9. Grinds My Gears – You know what really grinds my gears, old nasty whores that spend their time complain about how much no one loves them. I realize it must suck that even ugly people find you repulsive but why in the world do you think that is? Maybe it’s because your vagina looks like roast beef that is 2 weeks past its expiration date. Or maybe it’s because your intellect is the equivalence of a retarded 8 year old that is in a coma. So, instead of spending all of your time arguing with society about how much of a ‘stand up citizen’ you are maybe you should consider killing yourselves. This is what really grinds my gears.

10. Conclusion – This week we really had some impressive matches yet not many votes. This needs to be fixed because there is not reason that a Championship match should only get three votes yet non-title match get five votes. I know reading these verses can be a bit stressful and overwhelming at times but think about it like this. If you want people to vote on your verses then you need to start voting on theirs. I am close to finalizing a deduction of votes for you when you don’t votes. For example, in this weeks, Got Life and Memento’s match, Got Life voted on one battle while Memento did not vote at all. Since you must vote on at least 5 matches(this will vary depending on the participants) both would’ve lost votes. The match ended in a 3-0 victory for Memento but his and GL? lack of voting on 5 other match(4 other for GL?) caused him to lose 5 votes to claim a -2 to -4 victory over GL? However if GL would’ve voted on all battles he would win 0 to -2. This is just an idea of how thing might go, I’m still working things out but this is an attempt to get people to vote. If you have other suggestion then voice them but there is no reason that to not vote in this league were voting is key. The current Champ and Mods needs to be the one to set a good example for the rest of the league because the league is a reflection of us. Thank you everyone for reading, enjoy this weeks magazine and good luck to everyone this week.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  8. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

damn yall puttin in work on these things. nicely done
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I love writing top 5 verses in twenty minutes...
    test
  10. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

fixed.
    test
  11. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

I did not vote in the Championship match nor did I intend on doing so because I did not want to be accused of "cheating." Therefore, I didn't bother to read it as well, but people should be penalized for not voting. No one should be placed on a hierarchy in this league. Everyone should be voting otherwise they should be kicked out or something, especially if you've been in the league for years. Good magazine.
    test
  12. Got Life?

For someone with a collegiate education, you'd do yourself a favor and note that the current league rules indicate nothing in regards to a voting requirement unless your opponent no-shows in which case you're required to still post 3 links.
    test
  13. UneekTestimony

For someone with a collegiate education, you'd do yourself a favor and note that I did not state that the current league had any rules indicating repercussions would follow. I simply stated what should be done, hence me using the following phrase, "should be penalized." If there were rules implemented that were not enforced, my sentence would have changed to, "I do not understand why the rules weren't enforced." Therefore, there is nothing wrong with what I wrote. I think you just like seeing yourself post. Or you just wanted me to acknowledge you. You've been acknowledged.

Anyway, Shadow and/or Tac and whoever Mod's the league. If these rules aren't enforced, people like those who were in the Championship match, will take advantage of the opportunity to make this league better. It also comes off as selfish. This league although competitive, should be a unified attempt improve our ability to vote as well write.
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Thanks man...still working on improving this mag even more

:)

I understand what you're getting at but as long as you explain your vote, no one, that matters, will discredit your vote

I agree. Do u think my idea for how the votes should be deducted(negative votes) is a good idea? I believe these rules need to be enforced.
    test
  15. UneekTestimony

I think it will work. It was always a rule. I don't understand why you guys took it out in the first place tbh. I was searching for the voting rule hard last week and I realized you guys didn't have one, lol, but I still voted.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  17. Got Life?

the deduction for not voting is an old rule and was always enforced prior.
    test
  18. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

question?

so this is a story telling league/topical league right??

so if i write a topic and its not exactly a story itll still cut it right??

i think shits gettin twisted
    test
  19. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

an ye me and pain did a video collab where he beat me 2-1 i believe

i still think i took it tho :)

and i thoguht i won 3-1 in my battle
    test
  20. UneekTestimony

Lol @ Got Life editing his initial post [funny]
    test