[Mag] RSTL Magazine Week 30 Edition

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

[​IMG]

RSTL Magazine Week 30

Intro
    Recap
    Battle of the Week
    No-Show Shine
    Matchups
    Predictions
    Babe of the Week
    Video of the Week
    T.a.C-tical Interviews
    Grinds My Gears
    Conclusion

1. Intro

Welcome back everyone to the next edition of the RSTL Magazine. I would like to thanks everyone for showing up. Only 2 no-shows this week and I think that is a great improvement. I see the voting is slowly getting better as well.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

2. Recap

This week was better for no-shows. Fac3 and 3-Planes were the only one who failed to show up this week. Let’s see how everyone did this week.

Deadeyes – This was an interesting verse here. You have a lot of good things with this such as good rhymes, nice vocabulary and an ok flow to it. I think you need to proof read your verse a bit better because it causes the reader to have to re-read the lines a couple times just to get the point of the story. I think the story had some good points in here but I felt as if it lacked something to tie it all together. I wanted to see a character in here being developed and perhaps going through something. This was still a good verse though.

Urizen vs 0NeiRiC – This match-up was thought to be a pretty even match-up. Both coming off a triple threat defeat and were looking to rebound. oNe came in with a decent verse but seemed to lack the mechanics to make his verse stronger and his story seemed to jump around a bit. Urizen, however, told a very good story and had a good flow, rhymes and nice delivery. Both competitors need to work on checking their verses from spelling and grammar errors but in this match-up, Urizen wins in a 3-0 shutout win.

Pain vs GL? – This match-up here had SOO much potential. Pain came in and decided to do something a little different in his verse. He used a writing style from the Theatre of Absurd. I read the verse with and without the link and determined that if you are unfamiliar with the style you won’t truly grasp the affect of his verse. Pain had all the mechanics and told a very good, unique story. GL had a lot of potential with his verse and started it off very nice with a good creative yet hilarious story. The imagery was off the hook but he didn’t develop the story enough to make his story stellar like it could’ve been, which allowed Pain to get the shutout win, 4-0.

Lucifa vs T.a.C – This match-up was had a very interesting vibe to it. T.a.C came in here and dropped a, yet again, hilarious story. His rhymes were good and the flow was nice. Readers found your story enjoyable and felt like it came natural. Lucifa, on the other hand, seemed to have dropped a rushed verse that had great mechanics but the story wasn’t developed really and seemed to hope around a lot. It almost sounds like a nursery rhyme kinda thing. This being said, T.a.C ended up winning this match-up, 2-1.

ShadowWarriorfs vs Born Deaf – This match-up was nicely done by both competitors and was enjoyable to the readers. Shadow upped his skills and delivered a good verse that was well told and had good mechanics while BD did the same. This match-up came down to which story the readers enjoyed more. The issue with Shadow’s story was that some readers wanted to have a different twist to it. This is what hurt Shadow and allow BD to pick up the 3-2 victory.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

3. Battle of the Week

ShadowWarriorfs

The Inner Crisis – The Transformation

There has always been war between good and evil
    Both craved dominance, neither wanted to be equal
    Elixir of the people has become weak and deadly
    Spreading through civilization with heat and confetti
    I do not know why but I have become infected
    Internally feeling a division being built and erected
    God wanted to help but I lacked the will to correct it
    Why was it Him that everyone loved and respected?
    Anger began to take my spirit into a downward spiral
    Emotions have become unstable and the air is now viral
    Who has put me on trial? Innocence chained with denial
    Walking the isle to find peace yet God hasn’t touch that dial
    Where is the antidote that He had spoke of in his vision?
    All I can see is confusion, anger and lines of division
    Our current paths cause collision, so I embraced the good
    Given power to reign over the world as King, like I should

But…

I expunge my rage, “breathe,” as I bow to my knees
    Greed started to consume me, “Jesus! Will you leave?”
    Always nagging me as if the venom started to teethe
    Calmly I stopped, I did not want evil to succeed.

From the Earth they rose at Eden’s threshold
    Created in His image? What makes them special?
    Constructed to serve Him but I ruled this planet
    Flesh formed to perfection, “You are a fool God damn it!”
    Over time I learned patience and came to love humans
    Congruent with us, their speech patterns became fluent
    After all these years, have they become your favorite?
    I love all creation.” These words burned me with hatred

“Ah save it, I gave them death, my tongue is persuasive
    Once tasted, these men will stripe quick to rape it
    This world is devastated and they will curse your name
    Fueling flames, my army will prove YOU were insane"

But…

Calmly I stopped, I did not want evil to succeed

Darkness had overtaken me, the good began to bleed
    I failed to stop it and allowed my demon to succeed
    Became Evil personified the moment I tempted Eve
    No longer entrapped in lines, *snapped* I was forceful
    Course now set, as I plan to dissect human torso
    ‘Like a lion seeking to devour’, I shower them in pain
    Rains turn acidic as it chemical incinerate their remains
    I will make them hate you, watch their hearts turn black
    Attack each other blindly because guidance they lack
    Fading into the darkness, I couldn’t help but laugh..

But…

Calmly I stopped, I did not want evil to succeed

[​IMG]

vs

Born Deaf

if it wasn't for the nothing i was i'd have nothing to be,
    so what if i'm blind, maybe theres nothing to see.
    you all living in reversed circuits, this is my circus.
    a man without pupils, just serving his purpose.
    so view me worthless, already know that i'm worth it.
    ya'll got the almost, i cut you off & got the perfect.
    no horseshoes or hand grenades about it.
    i'm beyond doubting, i dare you to doubt it.
    a rock in-between two mountains, plateauing…
    your below the very low of the lowest.
    it's cool though. i keep focus even though they're bogus.
    tell myself I'm confident so therefore I don't show it.
    that behind these patches a mans emotional side.
    curls up & dies.
    hurls up at night.
    curls up & sighs
    unfurled spread wide, what a wonderful shield mind provides.
    even behind those hollow eyes.
    even when your world is shadows.
    fight your battles, life was better as a newborn playing rattles.
    we spawn innocent & unknowing.
    but hey knowing's only half the...
    well you get the picture, you see my birth defects…
    i heard the saw movies, and said me, please me next.
    i'm unafraid of death were all dead before we know it.
    were dying growing.
    creeping closer each moment.. I bet it looks great!
    so go and paint, draw, read scripts, record,hit play…
    i'll be here in the back, hearing the display.
    just tv listening. i like it this way.
    maybe I'm used to not understanding what sight is.
    i've never had a chance to see where light lives.
    and as much as you describe.
    a glow, a spark, a glare, a chart.
    i'll only stare in dark.
    behind these patches where a sad man resides
    there until he dies.

there until he dies.

i'll never see her feel me up.
    who am i kidding she'll never feel me up.
    i kill myself with overconfidence.
    silly mind shielding incompetence.
    mama never loved me, daddy never looked.
    they all think they're so smart,
    read their books.
    watch their movies, foods they cook.
    i'll never see what i taste.
    tongue risks with every bite.
    fall asleep.
    i don't even have eyes to cry at night.
    fall asleep.
    i won't see the sunrise.
    fall asleep,
    & still wake up the man born with no eyes.

if it wasn't for the nothing i was i'd have nothing to be,
    so what if i'm blind, maybe theres nothing to see.
    you all living in reversed circuits, this is my circus.
    a man without pupils, just serving his purpose.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

4. No Show Shine

Deadeyes

this was gonna be my no show verse.. but I liked it so I keyed a whole one in.. dude no showed.. but I'll leave it up.. hopefull some one will give me some feed back on it

It seems like life is a dream and most lack any purpose,
    living a superficial life full of cracks on it's surface.
    Many relgious fools sit, and wait for the rapture;
    the facade of society face has been fractured.
    As a whole numb and dumb, always drift into wars;
    the foundation of humanity has been chiped to the core.
    Kids grow up brain washed by idiots with bibles,
    raised by TV and the web they worship idiots for idols.
    There is no doubt cracks, racists with hate for gays,
    domestic abuse, the surface starts to break away.
    ..but wait, it's getting worse..
    People sit on mountains of money, others are way in the hole;
    the American dream means you're just a paid slave to be sold.
    Consider this world a stone, shaped by hands in space;
    the bed-rock of our foundation's mixed with the sands of fate.
    History's a gust of wind blown from the nethers unknown;
    man kind is a plight who has slowly weathered the stone.
    people are estranged from modesty, corupt as the empire of Rome
    we've broke the chains of honesty, done nothing to better our home.
    It's a brave new world that is run by greedy cowards,
    only out to feed their ego and increase their powers.
    ..And one must wonder what lies beyond the surface..
    But the surface is just what you see with your eye;
    the cracks on the outside go much, much deeper inside.
    The core is in perail, mother earth feels much sadness,
    the people on the surface seem to be out to deal her damage.
    Waste and pollution, keep on consuming and using;
    breed and breed, destroy and kill is the only use of her humans.
    The surface is no garden of Eden, that long has past;
    the cracks will spread farther after the next atomic blast.
    Time moves strong and fast getting colder not better,
    too many cracks and too deep, no glue could hold it together.
    Life as we know it's a monsterous race, we cannot conquer our hate,
    it's looking like the surface soon will break.. a millions rocks into space
    A dark cloud of death aproaches from behind the shroud,
    you better work on sealing those cracks.. the time is NOW!!!​
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

5. Matchups

CHAMPIONSHIP
    1. Born Deaf 8-1
    2. T.a.C 6-4

Predictions – Both are coming off solid performance that have these guys fighting for the title. T.a.C has improved soo much and it makes me proud that his skills have put him in a Championship match. However, I don’t think it will be enough to be Born Deaf this week as he takes this match in a 4-2 win.

CONTENDERSHIP
    3. Urizen 3-2
    4. .:pain:. 1-0

Prediction – Pain is coming off a stellar performance and seems to not have much of any rust on his pen. He is up again Urizen who has been known as a sleep amongst the league. He has the talent to go far but has had issues with spelling and grammar that have cost him matches. I don’t believe he will have enough this week to beat Pain but I believe he will improve more this week. Pain wins in a 4-0 shutout victory.

5. Deadeyes 1-0
    6. Cereal_Killer 3-2

Prediction – It is great to see CK back in the league again and this week he is up against Deadeyes, who is coming off a no show win against 3-planes. This will be a very interesting match-up since I believe these guys are pretty even in their skill. I, however, believe that CK will take this in a 4-1 victory.

7. ShadowWarriorfs 12-12
    8. Lucifa 10-8

Prediction – I’m getting tired of see Lucifa lol. It seems that shadow is still improving in this league while Lucifa is coming off a lackluster performance that lead him to lose against T.a.C. I believe he will gain the desire to go hard this week and will likely gain a victory IF he comes with everything he’s got. Lucifa 3-2.

9. oNeiRiC 0-2
    10. Got Life? 0-1

Prediction – GL is coming off a lose, in which he lost motivation to finish his verse and faces oNeiRiC. oNe is doing a lot of good things in this league but needs to polish some things such as spelling and grammar and develop his story. I think he will improve this week but if GL actually tries, even a little bit, he’ll beat oNe easy, 4-0.

11. killaeffect 0-0
    12. Blackanese 0-0

Prediction – I don’t know the skill level of Killa or Black. I think both will likely no show but if I had to chose a winner, Killa will win since he signed in first.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

6. Babe of the Week

April Scott

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amber Heard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Video Of The Week

[youtube]tEkiSy-SH8I&feature=related[/youtube]
    [youtube]aUG7mbeN7Zw[/youtube]
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

8. T.a.C-tical Interviews – This week T.a.C interviewed Pain, let’s see how it went.

T.a.C: Where did you come up with the name .:pain:.?

.:pain:. Well my life has been kinda fucked up for the most part, and pain has probably been my biggest inspiration. Not just mine, but the pain others feel that I can empathize with. Pain is pretty much universal, and that's how I want my writing to be. I want everyone to be able to relate to whatever theme I am insinuating.

T.a.C: Tell us about yourself..

.:pain:. Ex-pot head till probation is up. Got arrested for selling bud, was sellin' other things at the time which to this day I thank my lucky stars I didn't get caught with, though I did take extra precautions with those things. I used to think, "Who would ever bust someone for sellin' bud?" Well, the Amsterdam Police Dept. would. Spent my first 10 years in various projects around here and in assisted housing situations. My dad got promoted so my parents bought a house in a working class neighborhood. Abuse, drugs, crime, and they typical nineties kid scenario soon followed. Been writing poetry since I was able to write, but only started writing in rap format at about 15. Recently, I re-picked up my guitar and started writing more folky songs.

T.a.C: Who is your favorite artist? Are they your biggest inspiration to write?

.:pain:. It's way too hard to pick one. As far as rap goes, idk anymore, Slug and Cage both recently released some garbage and the were two of my favs. I guess it would be Blu, and yea he does inspire me to write on occasion since I feel we're on the same level, as far as song-writing is concerned. I been listening to more Bob Dylan/The Band lately, which is why lately, most of my stuff has been kind of folky.

T.a.C: Best Cd to drop this year?

.:pain:. Man, I don't think I can name a CD that dropped this year to be honest.

T.a.C: If you could only listen to one cd the rest of your life what would it be?

.:pain:. I never get tired of Below The Heavens. Great album start to finish.

T.a.C: What gengre of music do you hate?

.:pain:. Emo. I can dig some country like Hank Williams and Johnny Cash, but I have never, not once in my life, heard an emo song that I respect musically or lyrically.

T.a.C: What genre are you embarrassed to admit you like?

.:pain:. Haha, I don't really get embarrassed anymore, but I guess it would be R&B or electronica. I love Musiq Soulchild/John Legend and Portishead

T.a.C: Let us know about your history in the league…

.:pain:. Well I was here during the "golden years," but I sucked back then, lol (although I did manage to win a title back then). I bet my record up until 06 or 07 was close to .500. Regardless, back then I was considered one of the league's best topicalists, but as we all know, topical vs. story, story wins. I was really more focused on being as honest as I could be and mechanics, literary devices, and proper grammar and cadence were thrown to the wayside. The stories I wrote were usually true to life, and the extended metaphors and themes were cliche at best. Then, for some odd reason, I began to focus on developing my writing and somehow or another, I became exceptionally good at what I used to be weakest at, extended metaphors and themes. I saw this as the best way to project a message, and those are still my favorite tools to use to this day. Every piece I've ever written, unless overtly done otherwise, has a theme to it. And that's how I won the subsequent two, three, or four titles (I lost track, lol), through continual development and being accepting of criticism, regardless of how harsh it is.

T.a.C: What is your opinion on the league?

.:pain:. Honestly, it's like the league restarted from scratch, lol. It's like the earliest days of text. A couple of you guys, esp. T.a.C. and SW, have an exceptional amount of talent and if you guys keep developing, I can't forsee why you would have trouble competing with the best. Others seem stuck. I'm glad 3PA came here, I always wanted another chance to beat him, but Iglos pulled that faggot shit, so there goes that idea. Got Life should definitely add some life quick fast and in a hurry. I'm pissed that Pent left cuz I honestly cannot remember the last time I faced off against him, though this isn't really the league for him, since his writing is very contextual (too contextual in most people's eyes) and most people don't know what he's talking about half the time. As long as the younger, newer guys stay dedicated and keep progressing, the RSTL should be back to the top STL on the net in no time, but right now, there's work to do.

T.a.C: What are some areas we could improve? Any tips on how to achieve this?

.:pain:. Really the only thing is membership, and the only way to improve that is by spreading the word. Go to netcees and PR , since I think PR 's league is over, try to get some of the dudes over there to come here in their downtime. Once they come here and realize that this is where shit started and continues to blossom, perhaps they'll be inclined to stay. Plus, a lot of the guys over there got their start here, so maybe nostalgia might play a factor.

T.a.C: Who do you think are the top 3 writers in the league?
    .:pain:. -Besides me
    CK
    Got Life?
    Lucifa
    That's in no particular order.

T.a.C: Who is the best voter in the league?

.:pain:. Got Life? People get pissed cuz he's brutally honest, but honestly, that's what people need. Don't get your panties in a twist because he criticizes some shit you thought was dope. Take what he says and use it to step your game up. I'll never understand some of these new writers in that regard. If you think he's an asshole, good thing you didn't post back in the day, otherwise some of you mother fuckers would be tears concerning what the old heads would say.

T.a.C: What inspired you to do your verse this week? Are you a big fan of Theatre of the Absurd?

.:pain:. Actually no, haha, I think it's the most retarded style of writing ever and probably the easiest for any writer of any level to pull off. It's simply a style I never used before, and since none of the topics struck me, I used it as a chance to fuck with the reader and expand my horizons. Since it was so well received, I may just use it again.

T.a.C: Who do you most want to battle?

.:pain:. Most of you won't know this guy, but Rikoshay. Mainly I consider him the GOAT talent-wise, and I almost beat him in a tourney a couple years back, and I have been holding onto that since then. I'd like to have a victory over him moreso than anyone in else in the writing community. It would mean more than a championship, or a victory over RC or Tali or anyone else for that matter. He was who I modeled myself after, writing-wise, for a while, and that's really the reason my mechanics are so strong.

T.a.C: Prediction to win this weeks champ match? Born Deaf vs T.a.C

.:pain:. T.a.C. Sorry 4sight, but I'm goin' with the dog on this one. He just keeps improving and improving, and if he improves again this week, he should win this one.

T.a.C: Last but not least, give us a quote or motto you liveby

.:pain:. Well, since I used the Oscar Wilde quote last time, this time I'll use a quote from the Theatre of the Absurd's most famous writer, Samuel Beckett:
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

9. Grinds My Gears – You know what really grinds my gears, parents who don’t discipline their children. This is terrible and society wonders why kids are the way they are. Society has pushed law making it difficult to really discipline children but parents need to learn that they are responsible for their children and how they grow up, not society. So beat your kids, don’t let them beat you.

10. Conclusion – This was a very nice week for matches and voting. Thank you everyone who showed up and voted. I am always up for giving more points for feedback, so, if you breakdown your opponent’s verse, you will get an additional 5 points. I am looking forward to next weeks match-ups and I’m still looking for people to add to the magazine. Thanks everyone and see you next week. P.S Nom…sign back in the league or I will punch you in the right testicle.
    test
  9. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

youll punch nom in the testicle? hes down to one? i knew nigge was freaky

nice mag. is that amber chick from never back down?
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

yeaaaaa....i knew she was in something...just couldn't figure out which movie
    test
  11. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

i would eat sushi rolls out of her ass
    test
  12. nomford

nomford New Member

im waiting for nu'maan.
    test
  13. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

lmaooooo @ sushi rolls out the ass though
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. IgloS

IgloS Eye Glows

fuck cereal killer.. I'm sick of this lame
    if looks could kill dawg'd put hitler to shame

that's all I gotta say.. lol.. nah j/k.. good looks on the props to my no show verse
    test
  15. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

...is it me, or is that line missing something?

LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

yo dog... you're the coolest.
    test
  17. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

cool mag n interview .. lol @ taking my verse as a story of somekind .. Shit was just done on the fly Shads .. but yea .. Expect better this week with time available on Thursday to work on a verse ..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I was trying to hype u up...last time i do u a favor
    test
  19. IgloS

IgloS Eye Glows

you got almost 5 times my total post count on all names and came in 05.. how is your name got life when you clearly don't have one.. stfu

I don't want this asshole voting in any of my battles.. I already know he's gonna hate vote all my shit.
    test
  20. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

woohoooo i got a shout lmfao
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.