[MAG] RBL Week 16 Mag

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Table of Contents

I. Intro
    II. Week 15 Review
    III. Top 10 Punches
    IV. Battle of the Week
    V. Verse of the Week
    VI. Preview of Week 16
    VII. Power Rankings
    VIII. Mind of Menso
    IX. Conclusion
    test
  2. Tacky Jones

I. Intro

Welp, I guess the perfect attendance streak was bound to end quickly. At least we had the one perfect week. Lol. Anywhoo, most people showed up, and we got a few good sign ins for this coming week. One of the all time greats, Magus/King Nicholis/Silent L/a million other names, rejoined. Now, odds are that he’ll no show, but I’ma hound him on twitter and try to make him show up. Prolly wont work but whatever. Also, Armor King signed in. I’ve never seen anything he’s written, but word is that he’s a good writer, so we’ll see. Hopefully both show and come with heat. Lets get into the reviews.
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

II. Week 15 Review

5. Breathless vs 6. WuNser Solo vs 7. Ion Metatron

This match was a pretty pleasant surprise. I didn’t expect much, as I thought Ion would show and would mop the floor with these two. But, Ion took himself out of the equation by no showing. Leaving Breath vs WuNser. The same two who faced off in a threeway match last week. WuN is still a mystery to me, so I didn’t know what to expect. Breath has had his issues. Breath posted first, and came better, and more aggressive than we’ve seen in past weeks. WuN came with the most common text approach. This battle was close, tied 1 to 1. But WuN missed his voting links and got the deduction, giving Breath the win.

3. Gramur vs 4. Lyricalpriest

These two don’t like eachother. Those of you who were around earlier this year saw them go back and forth quite a bit. So, here’s their chance to settle it. I expected each to have some venom in their verses. Gramur posted first and he came correct. Pointing out LP’s wigger tendencies, and cashing in on some comments about LP made in the mag. LP came with fire too, making jokes about Gram’s name, and coming with metaphors/punches galore, even if some are majorly played concepts. He still had some dopeness in it. A late vote was snuck in minutes before thread closing that gave LP the win. But, in true LP fashion, he didn’t vote, and lost.

C. T.a.C vs 2. Mrjdm998

I’ve gone on record multiple times saying I’m a fan of this kid, so this was a battle I was looking forward to. Mrj drew first blood, posting some good name flips, and a Simpson line I loved, being a Simpson junkie. I followed up with some jokes about his age, and about his style/history in the league. In the end, I took the win, 2-0 to retain.
    test
  4. Tacky Jones

III. Top 10 Punchlines

10. These fags are out the battle, so Im takin this humble dude
    Its like shopping for low budget cars, we dont expect a B.M.W – WuNser Solo

9. Priest, your style is at a stand still..I'm bombin on you
    your verses Cold War tactics....mines World War 2- Gramur

8. When TAC's not writing a battle it's 'cus he fucked up his wi-fi encryption
    Guy's a bitch from the Westside who uses keys...
    ...He's Cookie Kwan from the Simpsons – Mrjdm998

7. You’re now in the big leagues, I hope you’re set to lose
    Call this league NAMBLA…
    …A group of men that wanna see this lil boy get abused – T.a.C

6. watch when the tables turn I bet money he won't be able to DJ
    b/c I'm spittin Miami Heat
    ...........that's why his bitch wanna know how much the D-wade – LyricalPriest

5. You've got an over inflated ego, gassing yourself up with no bars
    T's always with an A.C...
    ...So of course he's a blow hard – Mrjdm998

4. Quit the ruse, Bitch, I have proof that you bend fo’ dick
    Cuz all your last title reigned showed is you give it up to Men-so quick – T.a.C

3. Fuck ur G-card it just got pulled bitch.....
    Like A Good Neighbor State Farm is there...with a better opponent
    Man I knew them commercials was bull shit. – LyricalPriest

2. Even though you’re being slaughtered like cattle, smile
    Cuz truth is, I like you…
    …None of this is anything personal, you know, like your battle style – T.a.C

1. your moms a whore too...with prostitution charges
    ^and this is off the record< but judging by yours..you're fuckin garbage – Gramur
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

IV. Battle of the Week​

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...er-3-gramur-1-1-vs-4-lyricalpriest-3-4-a.html

vs

test
  6. Tacky Jones

V. Verse of the Week

T.a.C

test
  7. Tacky Jones

VI. Preview of Week 16

9. ChopChoiceBeats vs 10. Shadowcast

I don’t know Shadowcast, and only vaguely know Chop. But with that minimal familiarity, I’m going to have to ride with Chop.

Prediction: ChopChoiceBeats

7. KingNicholis vs 8. Semblance CIT

I don’t know Semblance, but I’m not sure that it matters. If Nicholis shows, he will win.

Prediction: KingNicholis

5. Lyricalpriest vs 6. Armor King

Honestly, I don’t think there will be a winner of this match. I’m pretty sure Armor will no show, and I’m pretty sure LP will no vote, resulting in both taking a loss.

Prediction: No one

3. Breathless vs 4. Mrjdm998
    If Breath can build upon the momentum from his last win, I think he can make this a close battle, but I think Mrj is the better puncher still, and that will help him here.

Prediction: Mrjdm998

C. T.a.C vs 2. Gramur
    We’ve faced off multiple times, many a days ago. It’ll come down to who can still come up with fresh concepts for the other. Good luck, brother.

Prediction: Good luck.
    test
  8. Tacky Jones

VII. Power Rankings

5. Lyricalpriest

Posted a solid verse this week and proved that he is infact on the right track. If he woulda voted, he woulda been in the champ match in a three way. But since he’s lazy, he’ll be moving down in the ranks, but standing pat in the power ranks.

4. Mrjdm998

Takes a step back with the loss this week, but could very easily move back up into the top 3 with a strong showing this week in his match.

3. Gramur
    Moved up a spot with a win, and is now about to fight for the title, and the chance to move to the top of the ranks this week. Good luck, bud.

2. T.a.C
    Man, I’m undefeated, been champ for weeks, and I still move down coming off a win. Guess that’s what happens when a legend jumps in.

1. King Nicholis
    Easily the best here. If he takes 15 minutes to come up with a verse this run in the league, he’ll probably be spending too much time on it. So, as long as he shows, he should be holding this rank for a while.
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

VIII. Mind of Menso
    By Menso, obviously

What's up, gentleman, Tac and I talked about me doing a mag spot this week and its something I've wanted to do, so here you go.

Originally we had planned on me writing about how people stack up or compare to different heads from the past. I decided against it, mainly because I don't think its fair to do that. Instead, I wanted to give you guys something more constructive. I mean, how demoralizing would it be to get compared to nasif? Or, compare someone in today's league to Dough in 01-ish... wow, did I just say that? :eek: Then I realize none of you know who I'm talking about :scared:. Maybe I'll do a short history of the RBL one of these weeks.

In order to save your fragile egos, I wanted do something that was Dojo-esque. I wanted to grab a few punches from some of your verses, and tell you why I love/hate them. Tbch, I read most of the battle this week and I thought it was good. I almost regretted signing out... but... nah. Back to reality, though, I'm going to critique some lines, mainly setups, that you guys wrote. I think you guys need to understand how much that setup counts. Its the jab that sets the table for a haymaker. I hope no one gets offended by what I say, I'm not trying to be a dick; or, even insinuate that I'm somehow an authority.

The Good

Breathless vs Wunser

I've got the cleverest mind, but on the negative side
    I'm positive ion's got his eye on it, but won't develop the prize

I tried to vote on your battle, but it got closed before I got to it. This was dope, and not only did it have that nice subtlety that you need in text, to a certain extent, but I could still rap it. More on that later. I personally would've omitted the "I'm" in the punchline, but I'm totally reaching, because itbdoesnt sound right loo.

The negative side/positive ion/develop wordplay was nice. This is what made this punch dope. It wasn't just some random multis to setup a rhyme, it was conceptually tied to the punchline. And the wordplay with Ion's name topped it off. Damn Ion for not showing btw

Mr JDM vs Señor Taco :scared:

Half your bars just feel like one liner jokes the novelty didn't last long
    'Cus when it comes to quality punches your verses/vs contain Zero...
    ...Marvel vs Capcom

This was also nice. I think the setup could've been a little better (don't ask me how, though), but, it was still setting up with a little personal. Not sure you needed the explanation mid bar, though; sometimes I'll choose the word that doesn't make sense literally, so that the wordplay is more pronounced. On a side note, you don't see this style of punch often in battles, but it worked well. Kind of a reverse of the 3 bar setup, a punctuated punchline, if you will.

T.a.C vs Mr JDM

Quit the ruse, Bitch, I have proof that you bend fo’ dick
    Cuz all your last title reigned showed is you give it up to Men-so quick

I've honestly seen this flip so many times; I was still like :jaydamn: when I read it. Seriously, it's the only one that I've really liked, and I've done a few myself. The reason why I like it is the double entendre. Its a nice personal and setup properly with the previous line.

The Bad

T.a.C vs Mr JDM

Even though you’re being slaughtered like cattle, smile
    Cuz truth is, I like you…
    …None of this is anything personal, you know, like your battle style

The three bar punch has to be shorter, T.a.C lol. Besides that, that setup was no bueno; it came off real forced. I know you must have had a hell of a time thinking of a rhyme, and that's when you should rework the setup and the concept. The three bar delivery wasn't working here, either; the setup and punch were stretched a bit too much. The pauses in the punch threw the flow off; IMO, the "you know," part could've gone.

LP vs Gramur

Fuck ur G-card it just got pulled bitch.....
    Like A Good Neighbor State Farm is there...with a better opponent
    Man I knew them commercials was bull shit.

I'm going to open with: your playground/greyhound line was nice. Probably should've used it as an example, but I figured you're used to getting shit on lol (thanks T.a.C)

I like the idea, bit, only from the punchline looking back. Wtf @ G card, though. I don't want to offer a suggestion,but the setup was totally filler; specifically, it didn't setup the State Farm commercial play. And yeah, what's a Gcard? Lol, I was thinking the setup would work with a punch based on wifi cards (specifically, wireless g :eek:), but it's a stretch. Like with T.a.C's previous punch, maybe you needed to rework the concept. I sang the jingle when I read this btw lol

The Ugly

Not much, I didn't see any "you got cheap flows like fritos," or "I ground beef like floor cow," stuff. I think those were both nasif lines back in the day, btw. I really think the league is headed in the right direction. While we wont ever see 200 competitors again, having 30 nice cats was really what RBL was like in the day. If we have 30 guys and most of them are nice, then that's great! RBL was dope, but it was watered down; 30-50 dope heads and 150 wack heads (maybe like a 30-50 man buffer between good/bad)?. For an idea, I was usually around that cutoff; I can't remember, but I think my highest rank was like 30-something. Im getting emotional :cry:. Moving on...

Since, I don't have any intention of signing back in, at least anytime soon, and I constantly think of punchlines, I'm gonna give you a little example of how nasty a simple setup can make a punch for this section:

This battle easy, and even though we need this rap,
    I'm disgusted,
    But I still said thank you for keeping the league in-T.a.C

Wow... pause...

Ha ha yeah, the punch was a little personal, but, the setup could still be better, though. The league intact wordplay is fine, but the league in T.a.C play needs to be setup better. If you guys want to rework the line with a setup, feel free, share the ideas so other cats understand what we look for in a punchline. I don't want T.a.C to break Oneduh's record, too, so step your game up! <3's

Seenz and Silentt, show up and learn these kids something! I'm pretty sure you guys might have examples that I want to use next time. For the rest of you, I don't know when next time is, but it will be soon. Keep showing up and voting.
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

IX. Conclusion

Well guys, we’re at ten people. Let’s all show up, vote, and keep the league on the upswing. This is the most positive I’ve felt about this league since I took over. We got some good core heads, and we’re getting the participation level up slowly. Tell your friends to join up. Spread the word. And lets have some fun. Special thanks to Menso for his section.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Bravo.. gentelmen.. thank you menso, i though i could make a lil sense out of my punchline about state farm.. well you know how in the commercial you say "like a good neighbor state farm is there" and they show up boom.. well i said "with a better opponent"

obviously gramur remained my opponent at that point so i pointed out how "bullshit" that commercial is.. b/c state farm is just another "false advertisement" if you'v had state farm insurance you'd know what i mean.. always tryna work u on the back end .. anyways. appreciate the critique tho.. i really didn't want to lose to gramur again especially since i felt i beat him before but lost :scared:

good job senor taco.. good luck to the league..
    test
  12. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Ha ha I understood the punch, LP, I didn't like the setup. Wow @ Tac giving himself verse of the week; I guess humility isn't something RBL champs are known for. I giggled at the power rankings, but, Silentt is that good. His 15 minutes would demolish most in the league; well, probably everyone in the league. Legend has it I beat him in a battle once :eek:... yeah, once lol. Hope he shows, it would be good for the league. I doubt sneez shows, though. But, if they do, I might sign in and take some vets down :double:

As a final note.... holy roflmmfao @ that smileybeing double!

dead
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

i actually only chose myself cuz i our battle was the least even in votes. there wasnt a real clear cut winner, imo, so i had to use that as a deciding factor.
    test
  14. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Ha ha yeah, we know.FTP

;)
    test
  15. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

lol... ,magus just needs to show to win...

magus striking fear in em

i dont think tac should have verse of the week tho

he wrote the mag... when i did rstl mags, even when i thought my verse was the dopest i left my verse out of it
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

imo... t.a.c. did have verse of the week.. aside from mine obviously
    test
  17. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

thats cool... what im saying is... the writer of the mag should leave himself out of it....

or have someone else... an outsider do verse of the week
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

ya but the leagues so little.. and whoever writes the mag should have creative control .. i know what ur sayin tho.. but lets just hope tac doesnt get VOW every week
    test
  19. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

test
  20. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

I was thinking about offering to do punchlines and verse of the week. I want to wait to see how Mich time I spend on RSTL, beforebi commit, though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.