[MAG] RBL Week 15 Magazine

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Table of Contents

I. Intro
    II. Week 14 Review
    III. Top 10 Punches
    IV. Battle of the Week
    V. Verse of the Week
    VI. Preview of Week 15
    VII. Power Rankings
    VIII. Conclusion

test
  2. Tacky Jones

I. Intro

Whatsup cocksuckers. I figured I’d hit you guys with a mag this week, as we haven’t had one since I’ve taken over and I have some time to do it. I’m going to try to do it at least every two weeks, but I’m a full time student who is job searching right now, so bare with me. Anyway, this was a great week for the league. Not a single no-show. What the fuck? I woulda never expected that, especially the week of New Years. For that, I want to send a special thank you to all of you. Thank you for showing, thank you for voting (those of you that did.) Thank you.

But something that has been an issue, that needs to be addressed is voting. Motherfuckers, I don’t care what you guys have going on, take the time to cast the votes. It takes 5-10 minutes per battle. I see motherfuckers on here arguing stupid shit in other parts of the site, that consistently don’t vote. *Ahem* LP *Ahem*. You will continually take losses for that. I made the rule that you cant win without voting, and I’m 100% serious with enforcing that. I had to knock Gramur for it his first week, which hurt me to do cuz he’s a good dude, and a good personality for the league. But I had to do it. And I will continue to do it. So start voting.

Other than that, I’m happy with how things are looking. We got a good core of dudes writing. We got people who show week in and week out (Breath, LP, myself). Ions a solid head. I don’t know WuNser, so I cant speak on him, but I hope he sticks around cuz he seems like hes pretty good. And Mrj is the quickest learning sum’bitch I’ve seen. So we’re good. We just need a few more heads, so spread the word.

Alright, enough kissing your asses.

test
  3. Tacky Jones

II. Week 14 Review

5. Breathless vs 6. Gramur vs 7. WuNser Solo

This was a matchup between a new head (WuNser), a vet (Gram) and an in-betweener(Breath). Breath has been around for 13 weeks and has been trying to learn what it takes to succeed and grow in this league. He’s rolled with the punches and stayed positive while trying to find his style. Gramur has been around for some time and during his last few runs in the league it seems he’s found his style. He’s improved by leaps and bounds and has undoubtedly earned the title of being a vet. And WuNser. He may be an alias, or a battler from other sites, but I personally don’t know anything about him, so he’s a new head, imo. Now that I wrote a college thesis intro, lets get into the battle. WuN posted first, and had some dope concepts, some of which we’re hurt a bit by weak wording. Breath’s verses always have strong rhymes, but the punches are generally soft. This week was more of the same. It’s a trial and error thing so hopefully he stays interested and dedicated. Gramur dropped the most consistent of the three verses, and in the end took the W 3-0.

3. Mrjdm998 vs 4. Lyricalpriest

These two have a history as some of you may know. When Riot was running the league these two did not get a long at all. I don’t even remember what their beef was about, but it lead to some heated arguments. Since then, Mrj has shot up the rankings while LP has shown moments of brilliance, and followed them with moments of retardation. But I know LP didn’t want to take another L to this kid. And it was obvious with the verse he dropped. He came with some heat this week. Hitting Mrj with punches, that while some were hard hitting, some we’re duds. But the solid punches outweighed the duds. Though this week it was in a wasted effort as Mrj beasted on LP, hitting him with quotable after quotable, and taking the win 3 to -1. START VOTING LP. FUCK.

C. T.a.C vs 2. Menso

This was the third matchup between the two of us in the last 7 weeks. To say we were running low on ammo would be an understatement. So he suggested we do a pic battle. Something I’ve tried a couple times but have never before won. We both agreed, and exchanged pics for this matchup. I posted first, using a picture of him holding two beers and wearing a tiara. He chose one of me in my bathroom making an unintentional “duck face”, looking like a total fag. So we both had some ammo to work with this week. The voters said we had around the same amount of quotables, but that Menso’s verse was more inconsistent, and I ended up taking the win 3-0, and retaining. Menso has signed out, and I just want to thank him for the time he put in, being a solid contributor, as well as dope ass battler these last 14 weeks.
    test
  4. Tacky Jones

III. Top 10 Punches

#10.
    Or maybe I’ll let you win, as you’re nearing death, bitch
    I know I’ve called you old as fuck before, but I really didn’t expect THIS -
    T.a.C

#9.
    LP'll bitch and whine about his record just ignore him hell
    Priest wouldn't go 4-3/for 3 on 4th and twelve
    - Mrjdm998

#8.
    his writtens are not provokin'. bitches hate him...he's lame
    they got a pocket full of tokens, from avoiding his Game
    - Gramur

#7.
    G's verses are terrible & bro you need to do better
    Its funny how his name is Gramur when his whole verse is an error
    - WuNser Solo

#6.
    My screen name says ima lyrical priest 'jdm.. I'm a rhymin reverend
    but today im terrorism.................
    because you'll be gettn murdered and covered up like in 9 / 11
    - LyricalPriest

#5.
    You should hit the booth, I'm sure you'd make some fans dude,
    But, I ain't talking audio... dawg, you should get a tan soon,
    - Menso

#4.
    Voters are about to see the verse LP's scribbling fail
    And he'll be finished on the 29th like after-Christmas sales
    - Mrjdm998

#3.
    I can tell the shower never been used, but, not cus its clean,
    TAC, how you freshen up?
    ...when there ain't a bar of soap to be seen?
    - Menso

#2.
    I’ve fathered you twice, I’d say rape but that’d be incest
    You’ll never be the King of the league again…
    …but it looks like you’re comfortable with being the Princess
    - T.a.C

keep drivin in my lane your heading to be served
    your atheist views is more false profit then the federal reserve
    - LyricalPriest
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

IV. Battle of the Week

C. T.a.C vs 2. Menso

T.a.C:

Vs

Menso:

test
  6. Tacky Jones

V. Verse of the Week

Mrjdm998:

test
  7. Tacky Jones

VI. Preview of Week 15

5. Breathless vs 6. WuNser Solo vs 7. Ion Metatron

Breath and WuN have to face off again, which is killer for personals. Hopefully these two have saved some shit for eachother, or can come up with some dope shit for eachother this week. But I feel like it may be a lost cause, because Ion is a fuckin’ beast and if he shows and doesn’t have any rust, I believe he will take this pretty easily.

Prediction: Ion Metatron

3. Gramur vs 4. Lyricalpriest

Should be an interesting battle. Both are capable of writing some dope shit, but both are also capable of being inconsistent. This battle will come down to who prepares the best and who puts the most time into dropping something sick. While I think LP is hungry to get his winning percentage up to .500. But I believe experience will win out, and Gramur edges it out.

Prediction: Gramur

C. T.a.C vs Mrjdm998

I don’t think we’ve faced, so there should be a few fresh concepts for both to use. I don’t feel right predicting my own battle, so I’ll just say good luck, homey.
    Prediction: A good battle.
    test
  8. Tacky Jones

VII. Power Rankings:

#5. Lyricalpriest:

Yeah, I know, I’ve spent the better part of this mag bashing him, but he has improved over the last few weeks, and I’ve seen him come with some dope shit. His creativity has been impressive, but at the same time it hinders him, as I think he tries to get “too cute” with it.

# 4. Gramur

A veteran who’s put in work and really improved in the last couple of years. Pretty impressive what he’s done, but I don’t think he’s done improving. Should be 2-0 right now and very well could have been in the champ match this week if it wasn’t for a rule violation. We’ll just have to wait and see how he climbs in the ranks.

#3. Mrjdm998

Kid has been texting in the rbl for less than a year and has already done quite a bit. Yes, the leagues been in a soft state, but the kid held the lightweight title when we had the weight classes (and possibly the middle weight, I don’t remember), as well as holding the title for a few weeks after the weights we’re discontinued. Crazy potential in him.

#2. Ion Metatron

Yeah, I know he hasn’t competed in a while, but this vet aint to play with. Dudes kinda like a great white and he’s going to be sniffing out blood in the league.

#1 T.a.C

Not being cocky. You disagree, beat me.
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

VIII. Conclusion

In conclusion guys, let’s make this another great week. Show up to your battles, vote, post your links, have some fun in the longue, and let’s get this motherfucker popping again. Tell people you know to join. Spread the word. Let’s go.
    test
  10. WuNser Solo

WuNser Solo It Is...

This was pretty good.
    test
  11. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Dope mag, Tac! But wtf at making the first one after I sign out
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

we're celebrating, obviously.

lmfao.

idk, i felt inspired to write one sunday night. lol. sign back in and ill do one next week.
    test
  13. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

You don't need me... go check the sign in thread :eek:

If he shows up, he's dope
    test
  14. Tacky Jones

Is he? I was thinking he was jus trolling
    test
  15. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

While that's entirely possible, maybe even likely, if I'm not mistaken, he's As Seen On TV. Not sure what other aliases he used.
    test
  16. Tacky Jones

Yeah. Ive never seen ASOTV text
    test
  17. Yung Troy

Yung Troy The Lyrical King

I have a while back..he was straight
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

dope mag.. next time dont use red font