[MAG] RBL Magazine, Week 39

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by SPuL, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPuL

SPuL SP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

01. INTRODUCTION

We’re entering the third week of the SP/Oneduh RBL Era and things are moving smoothly. A few no-shows here and there, but for the most part it’s been smooth. Got some good heads signing in, and some potentially dope battles in near future. Was able to get an entertaining interview with Fracture done.

I’d like to apologize though. This mag won’t be as good as last week’s and might seem a little rushed. Oneduh has some family emergencies he’ll be attending to this week, and I got jury duty tomorrow and I had to be at my school until a couple hours ago. Regardless, I will try my best to make this mag as good as it can within these time constraints. Anyways, hope it provides you a good read.​
    test
  2. SPuL

SPuL SP

02. LOOKING IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR

This last week was a little disappointing compared to last week. Had a bunch of no-shows, including a near no-show in the champ match. But besides that, there were some pretty nice battles throughout. Let’s take a look.

A. TOP 20 REVIEW

CHAMP MATCH: 1. BLUE BAYOU (6-0) v.s. 2. ILL NIK-A (4-0)

HIGHLIGHTS:

ILL NIK-A(6)

I’ve beaten 6 in ya crew so I don’t know what is it u trying to see
    cuz if u’re part of Dohpe then u must either be Baking soda, lactose or vitamin B
    Hmm controversial, naw, just kidding, u’re the best, an idol
    like a rock, man; u know one of those champs who couldn’t defend the title
    start running & hide, I’m laughing & its actually funny u tried
    & nigga I’m not only yanking your chain I’m also pawning ya pride

v.s.

BLUE BAYOU (8)

You're the best, the dopest & the hardest w/ bombs
    lol I'm grindin ya Gears...like ur fantasies bout brushin up on Marcus & Dom
    A key for a key... shoulda come ready to be droppn it mean fam
    Cuz now i gotta put u in the Morgan seconds for comin with that Free man
    Nik'll prolly run to BW... tail between his legs like a poor whore
    Thinkin 'it's time to shuffleboards' - ya now that i've left u on the floor, sport
    Virgin loser... don't listen to his stories bout fuckin some bomb poon
    Anything mentionin gettin Ladle be a lie.. kid's never even had a long spoon

OVERALL:

This one won’t be in the running for the best ever RBL champ match, but as a battle it was a pretty good one. Ill came nice. Had a lot of good punches, good wording. Then near middle started to kinda drift off. Had some not too harsh and some played stuff. But overall good stuff. Blue obviously rushed it. You could tell. Wasn’t as good as some of his previous verses. But he still managed to throw some haymakers. It was a pretty close battle, but Blue was able to eek out the victory 5-3.

WINNER AND STILL CHAMPION: Blue Bayou (7-0)

CONTENDERSHIP: 3. RIZPY (4-0) v.s. 4. ROSCOE BABBAGE (3-1)

HIGHLIGHTS:

ROSCOE BABBAGE(4)

reckless herb, wit what I got in store, who's yo ass testin sir
    n a title bout, just count it out, ...like the last cashier on the register
    what's with them childish ass rhymes, flows got no maturity
    every punch Ripz off the Mark, but mine catch him like store security

v.s.

RIZPY (6)

Get ready for a beat down, fuck whateva this whore say
    I'll have my shindig so far into ya chest, it'll rival the party Bush haters'll throw in 4 days
    U got a 1 track style, come on u know its true
    That -Wordplay- can sometimes be fuckin' wack... and thats how he came in his win over you
    Come on man, after that ya deserve to get hit cuz ur lying
    But when u get a weak opponent, u tend to capitalize...
    ... all your bitchin' n' whinin'

OVERALL:

Pretty cool battle here. Roscoe dropped good. Had that Ripz of the mark line I liked. I mean, it had potential to be a KO, but it just didn’t seem worded right. I don’t know why. But how he had it, i still liked it. Rizpy came pretty good, himself. One thing I noticed, he has a lot of good concepts, but sometimes his wording really seems off. Some lines just seem stretched. But he still had a lot of good stuff. The bush party was coo, and I liked the capitalize line going off the quote. Good stuff. In the end Rizpy was able to pull off the victory 6-2.

WINNER: RIZPY (5-0)

5. FRACTURE (5-0) v.s. 6. QURIOSITY (17-3)

HIGHLIGHTS:

FRACTURE(8)

Youre a horrible mod, but ya clowning tenures worse
    I could count ya quotes on 1 hand, if I shoved it down a blender first
    Yea I threw some lines down with my $lim ‘n Tred peers
    ‘N its fuckin hilarious that they got more praise here than u did in 8 years
    User counters fat lines, me? ‘use to be trey’ quotes
    Don’t you find it kind of disturbing that your countering rape jokes?
    This faggot is toast and as far as ya family goes..
    You about to have to tell ya wife ‘n kids goodbye and ya granny hello

v.s.

QURIOSITY (8)

& I’ll spare a joke about USER carrying TRE, cos I doubt it’s severe,
    Since you’ve always been carried by a username throughout your career,
    Used to be wack as fuck as T~R~E and now this child’s on the throne,
    Yea Frac received overnight success.. by shipping Resin’s style to his home,
    Plus he always mentions pussy, but I hear that he’s hardly touched,
    If a bitch shouts ‘Oh Tre!’ it’s cos I asked Oneduh what year did you start to suck,
    I’m hard as fuck to defeat, so nobody’s supporting this whiny punk,
    Cos Fracture’ll need to work Magic for the win better than Jordan in ’91,

OVERALL:

Last week I said this was an early contender for battle of the week, and I think these two backed up that prediction. Both dropped some dope verses. It was only fitting that it ended up in a draw. IMO, they probably should have gone a few lines longer, but it is what it is. Ended in a 7-7 tie.

WINNER: tie

7. EXODUSIII (3-1) v.s. 8. YUNG MONEY (3-1)

In what seems to be becoming a trend, another no-show takes over the top 10. A shame too, I was actually looking forward to seeing Yung spit again. Liked dude’s drop last week. But only Exodus showed up. No-shows suck.

WINNER: ExodusIII (4-1)

9. USERNAME (9-2) v.s. 10. OVEA (2-0)

Again, no-show. Guess Username was more preoccupied with making a run under “Aloe&User” then making a run in the top 10. Boo no-shows.

WINNER: Ovea (3-0)
    test
  3. SPuL

SPuL SP

B. BATTLE OF THE WEEK

In a battle among heavyweights, these two proved why they are placed among the top of the ranks. Fittingly the match finished in a tie.

5. FRACTURE (5-0) v.s. 6. QURIOSITY (17-3)

test
  4. SPuL

SPuL SP

03. WHERE WE STAND

So courtesy of Quriosity, this is how the rankings look right now.

TOP 10

CONTENDER
    01) Rizpy 5-0
    02) Quriosity 18-3

CONTENDER
    03) ExodusIII 4-1
    04) Ovea 3-0

05) Smart.Alix 5-2
    06) Xquisite 2-1

07) Grey Fox 2-1
    08) Burd. 2-0

09) Oliver Twist 3-1
    10) -Sephiroth- 14-4

THE REST

11) T.a.C. 12-9
    12) Defcon_5 6-4

13) -Wordplay- 10-8
    14) Ooh Gots 1-1

15) Diso. 1-0
    16) Resin M-I-C 2-0

17) J. Luth 1-0
    18) Awk is dope 1-0

19) Marley 2-0
    20) ill nik-A 4-1

21) Roscoe Babbage 3-2
    22) Soull 1-0

23) Hush! 2-2
    24) Jordan Robinson 1-2

25) Asulcard 1-1
    26) coil grimely 2-2

27) E Tha Real 6-4
    28) Gramur 0-1

31) Rogue Logic 0-1
    32) mAc Detroit 0-0

33) Strikta 0-0
    34) Purgatory 0-0

35) Aloe&User 0-0
    36) Island 0-0

37) EYE-Z 0-0
    38) Perfect Drug 0-0

39) ForeShadow. 0-0
    40) Headless Verseman 0-0

THE FAGGOTS

41) *Murder.txt 0-0
    42) *Shh. 0-0

43) *jonez 0-0
    44) *werf 0-0
    45) *Rello 0-0

---------------

OUT
    Blue Bayou 7-0 [Champion]
    Fracture 6-0

NO-SHOW
    Yung Money 3-2
    UserName 9-3
    HeimlicManeuveR 2-2
    |-paragon-| 2-2
    Nick Fletcher 1-2
    The "Box" 1-2
    Tony Elbow 2-5
    jtotheclip 0-3
    Opshins 0-1
    *paytribute. 0-1
    *U.N.V.I 0-1
    *SutherLand 0-1
    *GASP 0-1
    test
  5. SPuL

SPuL SP

04. MIC CHECK: FRACTURE

This week we got an interview with your favorite textcee’s favorite textcee, Fracture. Was an entertaining read. Topic of discussion include: Quriosity, text crews, being black, and zombies in an airport.

SP: Yo what’s up man?

Fracture: nada, writing resins verse for him

SP: hahaha So it's still early on, going on it's 3rd week. But what are your thoughts of the Oneduh/SP era of the RBL?

Fracture: better than the 'quriosity im pressed for time cause i gotta take my kids to school and pick em up and serve em dinner' league

SP: haha speaking of Quriosity. You guys recently had a match last week. Ended up in a 7-7 draw. What are your thoughts about that?

Fracture: quriosity a chill dude, but those votes were horrible. even the some of the votes for me.. i swear, wordplays dumbass went in there, quoted the same amount of lines from us both then just says 'vote q.. more consistent'. also, 'oh tre' .. resins style.... working more magic... the fuck. if i ever used that stuff id get clowned for days. voters are proven idiots, like exodus. when rudge was in the league as linesman, i read exodus vote against rudges verse when rudges verse was LEVELS above his opponents, but linesman was unknown and his opponent had like a 4-2 record.

SP: Yea, man I feel you. It's not only RBL, any league you'll find those d/r votes and unintelligent votes. Being honest did you ever feel that sometimes newer heads D/r'd you because of all the hype you get across the net?

Fracture: yep. of course. its a double edge sword though.. cause for every major dickrider, you have a guy with magus mentality that will go out of his way to be different. and when you got a name, the standards of every punchline is significantly higher than, say.... rizpy. i gotta give props to this guy named stretch... i took a dump on his verse when i voted, just being honest. but dude came into my battle and was giving mad props.. dudes real.

SP: Maybe he's just in shock and awe that you actually took the effort to trash his verse man. Who knows. But speaking of d/r votes there's also crew votes. Crews like STFU, Dohpe, BDC., etc. What are your personal thoughts on these text crews? Are you in or were you ever in one?

Fracture: yeah use to be in fobia with resin back when we both were first in the rbl.. as for crew votes, theyre gonna happen. i dont care for them but if we regulated every vote battles would be pointless. we need a better system, but there really is nothing at all

SP: That's true. I know some sites run a hide hack that helps prevent people from viewing previous votes, but that still goes only so far. So you and Oneduh recently battled. What are your thoughts about that match?

Fracture: hide hack sounds cool. one battle was a dope. i prefer battles where theres shit talking and hype. i like putting everything on the line and just going toe to toe. i dont pay attention to the votes much, i just like to throw down for all the marbles

SP: Yea, was a dope battle to read. Both dropped some good shit. Felt like y'all brought out the best in each other. Good shit. So who are some heads you'd like to battle in the near future?

Fracture: rematch kungfu, resin, butler all in the future would be fun. but i immediately want quriosity when i sign back in, no real beef other than i want to display the difference between punchline writers like frac and punchline biters like qur

SP: Yea, some of those rematches would be hot. And you and Q. Possible spotlight match right there. I'm sure Q wouldn't mind. I mentioned people who you'd want to battle, what about people who want to battle you? Do you ever get request from random herbs asking to battle?

Fracture: not that i can think of.. do you know of any?

SP: Nah, not that I know of. So you mentioned your coming back to the RBL. Any time period?

Fracture: nah, soon though. i just dont wanna get burned out. week after week is too lackluster to me now

SP: I can feel that. From doing text for so long, what keeps you still writing to this day? You still have that edge from when you first started out?

Fracture: uhh, i use to come back to restore my legacy. but after realizing that it doesnt matter how many times you come back and stamp the best youre always gonna have shit talkers, its changed. now i just comeback for fun, also i have potential to be better than i was.. my minds opening with age

SP: True true. So any chance we'll hear Fracture ripping it up audio-wise in the near future?

Fracture: doubtful. but some dude whos produces just moved up here from san antonio, my friend works with him.. hes peep some of my lyrics and wants to work with me. i keep saying i will and then do other things like stay at home and watch tv.. so we'll see.

SP: haha ever thought about ghostwriting?

Fracture: nah, well yeah, but i dont really know how to get into that shit

SP: That guy who produces might know man. Should hit him up. But moving on, you mentioned some battlers you'd want to battle. What about some battlers who are just so god damn awful you'd rather jump off a bridge than battle? Let alone read one of their verses.

Fracture: not enuff bridges.

SP: hahaha I feel you. Thought I could get something out of you ha. So uhm before we hit up some name association, what's something about Fracture that most people don't know?

Fracture: I’m black

SP: lmao aiight. So let's wrap this up with some name associations. Let's start with your favorite textcee, Quriosity

Fracture: dead.

SP: Oneduh

Fracture: good for the league. loses to everyone i know and great to talk mma with

SP: haha KungFuGrip

Fracture: He’s really funny, dope battler and bites butler

SP: Blue Bayou

Fracture: middle tier battler with a catchy name

SP: ill nik-A

Fracture: users favorite cuban, seems cool. dont know much about him rhyme wise

SP: [b/] Rizpy

Fracture: lmao no idea, i started to read one of his lines but it never ended so i clicked out of the thread and rickrolled myself

SP: LOL J. Luth

Fracture: i dont know that guy, so ima take this time to tell you that i had a dream the other night where 2 of my 3 main fears came in to play.... i was held captive in an airport because outside were running zombies, by the time we finally took off our plane crashed. only thing left out was a shark attack, something like that prolly means i just died in my sleep

SP: dude, wtf? lmao

Fracture: my bad man, had to get that documented

SP: hahaha ANYWAYS.... let's end with your thoughts on this RBL battle: Aloe&User v.s. Island

Fracture: ima go with aloe and user

SP: Aiight man well thanks for sharing your thoughts, and dreams, with us. Good looks. peaceee

Fracture: lmao, no problem. white and good at science
    test
  6. SPuL

SPuL SP

05. A LOOK AHEAD

LAST WEEK’S PREDICTIONS: 2-0-1

Moving onto this week. Some good matches on deck. Let’s take a look.

A. TOP 10 PREDICTIONS

SPOTLIGHT: DEFCON_5 v.s. QURIOSITY

After denying Eddie.. a late verse in their match last week, Defcon_5 has drawn a lot of hate his way. One of the battlers who’ve taken a few shots at Def is Quriosity. Alas, here we are. Defcon can bring the flames when he wants, and he seems motivated to shut up his haters right now. Q mean time is coming off a great performance against Fracture. Who will want it more in this match that is both meaningless and meaningful at the same time?

PREDICTION:

It should be an enjoyable match. However, Defcon has seemed to be somewhat on a cold streak. Losing a couple matches to Nick Fletcher, and not dropping as hot as he can. For this reason I got Quriosity taking it.. Will be interesting.

CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: 1. RIZPY (5-0) v.s. 2. QURIOSITY (18-3)

Early choice for the battle of the week. Although his wording might get in his way at time, it’s no secret that Rizpy has been dropping hot lately. He’s faced off with a similar head. Q’s been enjoying a bit of a run himself. Both seem primed to be the next RBL championship.

PREDICTION:

It will be a real close call here. I can see either one coming out with the win. However, I think wording will prove to be a deciding factor in the end. For that reason I have Quriosity taking this one as well.

CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: 3. EXODUSIII (4-1) v.s. 4. OVEA (3-0)

Both of these heads have been creeping under the radar, pretty much going unnoticed. Now they find themselves one match away from an RBL title shot. Both got a “week-off” of sorts with no-shows by their opponents. Will they be fresh for this week?

PREDICTION:

I haven’t read enough from either of these heads to be pretty sure of a prediction. However, in the verses I have read Ovea looks like he’ll be the one coming out on top. Don’t be surprised if Exodus comes out on top either. Should be close.

5. SMART.ALIX (5-2) v.s. 6. XQUISITE (2-1)

Haven’t read much from either. But from what I saw wasn’t too impressed. Could have been an off day for them. I’d say this should be a pretty evened match.

PREDICTION:

I’ll take a shot in the dark and say that Smart.Alix will pull it out.

7. GREY FOX (2-1) v.s. 8. BURDEN. (2-0)

Again, this match doesn’t impress me too much. At first impression I feel it’s one sided toward’s Burden. Only peeped Grey Fox’s last verse, and was decent. Had some potential. It could be that I might have a bias since I’ve seen more of Burden’s stuff than I have of Grey’s, but I don’t know.

PREDICTION:

I think Burden. has this in hand.

9. OLIVER TWIST (3-1) v.s. 10. -SEPHIROTH- (14-4)

Could be an entertaining battled. Seen some cool stuff from Oliver in the past. Seph can bring the heat when he wants. He’s also had some down days too. Which version will show?

PREDICTION:

I’ma go on the safe side and go with -Sephiroth- on this one.

B. POWER RANKINGS

In order.

3. Rizpy

2. Quriosity

1. Blue Bayou​
    test
  7. SPuL

SPuL SP

06. THAT'S ALL FOLKS

So again, my bad for the quickness of this mag. But I had a lot of shit on my plate last minute, and Oneduh’s out for this week pretty much. Didn’t want to post this late or not post at all. So hopefully this will give you guys something at least. Anyways, hopefully this week is good and expect a MUCH better effort next week. peace

-SP

test
  8. Smart.Alix

Smart.Alix You LOSE! Good Day Sir!

good effort SP.
    test
  9. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Fracture: i dont know that guy, so ima take this time to tell you that i had a dream the other night where 2 of my 3 main fears came in to play.... i was held captive in an airport because outside were running zombies, by the time we finally took off our plane crashed. only thing left out was a shark attack, something like that prolly means i just died in my sleep

ha.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol at fracture. nigga drops rape/granny lines and complains about votes. then he says slim/tred did more than me. they were failed caveats. i, on the other hand, have champed this league 4x.

punchline biter. pfft.
    test
  11. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

But was the league full of great battlers when you champed the league 4 times? Same when you champed RSTL twice. Do they have any true meaning?
    test
  12. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

dope read here besides the prediction for the spotlight battle
    test
  13. Katharsis

Katharsis Fly......Plane and Simple

hint hint little nigga..

you fucking suck.
    test
  14. Defcon_5

awww the text retiree can't seem to let it go....go take ur vitamins and head to bed grandpa
    test
  15. -Wordplay-

-Wordplay- New Member

the only people allowed to vote on that match would be his crew, everyone else is considered a hate vote
    test
  16. Defcon_5

no u'd be considered a wack ass vote

"Fracture: quriosity a chill dude, but those votes were horrible. even the some of the votes for me.. i swear, wordplays dumbass went in there, quoted the same amount of lines from us both then just says 'vote q.. more consistent'. also, 'oh tre' .. resins style.... working more magic... the fuck. if i ever used that stuff id get clowned for days. voters are proven idiots,"

guess i ain't th only one who thinks that
    test
  17. scratch..

scratch.. nothing exciting here

scratch****
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

do you even know me?

the answer to your question though is yes. most recently, the RSTL consisted of vern acular, jook, thereturn/everkleer, infinite truth, etc. the first time i champed the RBL was back in like 01. the last time i champed the RBL would be the least impressive, though i took out the guy who was on a streak and had took out magus and myself.

all in all, who cares? the statement still stands that slim/tred never did more regardless of who was in the league at the moment.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

but hell, i doubt fracture even cares. he must be hyping the scene up so he can beat me in a spotlight upon his return.

i'm not falling for it. in my eyes, we both slacked off in the match.
    test
  20. Katharsis

Katharsis Fly......Plane and Simple

saying it like that makes it sound like he actually wrote his own verse.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.