[MAG] A Tacky Tourney Mag Round 1

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

I.Intro
    II. Rule Changes
    III. Quick Review of Weeks 48-51
    IV. Week 52 Wrap Up
    V. Preview of Tourney Round 1
    VI. Babe of the Week
    VII. Outro

test
  2. Tacky Jones

I. Intro

52 weeks. 52 fuckin weeks. 5 fuckin 2. What a ride. 52 weeks of ups, downs, fighting, peace, the group uniting when Jowelz came in acting like a dick, and being split when it came to the recycling rule, amongst others. From the weeks with 20 people participating, to when we were down to 6 members. From the rank threads having 300+ posts a week to the weeks where we were lucky to get 30. From the weeks where the mag mods did their job, to the weeks where we went magless. From dealing with Shadow’s dedication to my half assing it, to about 10 people being replaced. Its been a ride. This is the second complete season I’ve been around for. That’s 104 fuckin weeks, plus one successful tourney. Part of me thinks its time to move on and get a fuckin life. The other part of me is already excited for season three. But now that were closing season two, I just feel its time to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who was around and kept the league from dying off. Thank you to Jeff and Judgekure, who probably wont ever see this, but helped the league survive during a very slow period by getting the word out and pimping the league on the front page. Thanks to Shadow who participated in the league as well as modding for all 52 weeks. Thanks to all of you who contributed to the mags without being modded. Fuck it, thank you to the mods who did write a few mags before being removed. Thank you to the constant members. Coup, thanks for always being ready to help with the mag, being a consistent member, and sticking around in the league, even when you were living in your car. Cigma, you’re like Kenny from South Park. Its rare I understand what you’re saying, but I still love you, no homo. You’ll be my vote for best voter if we end up having awards. Cereal_Dance. Yes, I combined you two, want to fight about it? Lol. But thank you guys for sticking around and kicking our asses. Regardless of what GL? says about you two, you guys pretty much dominated while you were around. Riot, despite the fact you no showed more than anyone, thank you for being around. You nearly died so I guess it was a good excuse. Thank you GL?, you fuckin dick, because by being a fuckin dick you kept the league going. You drew interest to the league and had everyone wanting to try to beat you. Thanks Muti for showing up sporadically and having God bless us. Thanks Ink for doing what you do. Thanks IAmBent who probably also wont see this, for pimping us and try to get members to join and always staying positive. Thank you guys. I appreciate the effort and keeping this hobby we all enjoy going for a full year. Thanks. Was it a lot of work? Yes. There were times where I just wished the season would end already, especially during the down time. Its disappointing to do rankings for 6 members sometimes. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I wanted to carry this out to the end. I wanted to win a championship. Both of which happened, So this year of work was well worth it. After the tourney wraps up, we’ll take a couple months off, then get right back in to this. Season 3 is around the corner fellas. So thanks. Now fuck off, I’m going to kick all your asses and win this shit.

test
  3. Tacky Jones

II. Rule Changes

New Rules:

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM EST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent. Failure to acknowledge an extension request results in it being granted.
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default. A no show in the tourney will result in elimination.
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory. A failure to post voting links will result in a loss.
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Monday @ 8:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match!!!
    •Voting is open until matches are closed. Deadlines are flexible!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs

So what has changed? For now on, when your opponent asks for an extension, if you don’t acknowledge it, it will be granted automatically. So if you don’t want to give your opponent the extra 24 hours, say no. For the tourney, if you no show, you’re automatically eliminated. Its double elimination otherwise. We’re going to be strict on voting for the tourney and the future. So if you don’t vote, you don’t win. Plain and simple. Aside from this though, the league will be ran as it always has. Sorry Shadow, I know how you feel about the no showing in champ match situation, but that one isn’t going to change.

test
  4. Tacky Jones

III. Quick Review of Weeks 48-51

Since LP has been slacking, I’ll do a quick review of the weeks he missed leading up to present. The last mag was posted before week 48, so that’s where I’ll start.

Week 48 was the week where a shitstorm was unleashed. But I’ll start with the threeway of LP vs Obsent Hope vs Resilient, in which Resilient made it to the endzone untouched, winning 4 to 0 to -4. Shadow and The Inkwell faced off, but Ink had some family issues and dropped a no show mocking Nom’s past boy in a bubble verse. Shadow ended up with a 7-0 victory. Nom faced Cigma, and this is where the drama starts. Nom ended up winning in the votes, but an anonymous tipster revealed to the mods that Nom had recycled. He was DQ’d. I’ll revisit this issue shortly. Next is the contenders match with myself vs Coup. I had family visit this week and couldn’t post up, so I posted a no show verse and a couple jokes. Coup won. And next is the champ match. Got Life? vs IAmBent. Got Life? won this match up 4-0. However, after it was revealed that Nom would be DQ’d, he pointed out that GL? had recycled. Therefore GL? was DQ’d and we had no champ.

Week 49 was the aftermath of the recycling issue. Nom and GL? were moved to the bottom of the ranks, but both decided to just sign out. Enough of that shit. PerfectoUnoJr faced off with KonviKt. Kon no showed, Perfecto won. RSTL legend Vern Acular faced off with Racecar, who also no showed. LP faced CK, and big surprise, another no show. By LP. CK wins. The no show streak was ended there though, as I faced off with Resilient, and took the win 4-1. In the contenders match Cigma faced off with Shadow, who posted an unfinished verse, and ended up losing 4-0. And in the champ match, IAmBent who got a second chance after GL?’s disqualification ended up losing to Coup d’etat 2-1.

Week 50 marked the return of The Inkwell, Fairydance, and Riot to the league. And HOLY FUCKIN SHIT, RIOT SHOWED…kinda. He posted a no show verse, Ink no showed and Fairy marched to victory 7 to 0. Resilient faced Nu’maaN who was also returning. However his return wasn’t as sweet as Fairys and he got whooped 5-1. Bent faced Shadow, and didn’t show. Vern and Perfecto faced off, and wrote to the same topic. In the end the vet ended up with a 2-1 win. In the contenders match, I was put up against Cereal_Killer, who beat me 4-2. Dick. In the champ match Coup d’etat faced Cigma, the two most poetic heads in the league. In a great champ match, Coup ended up defending his championship 4-2.

Week 51 saw Riot on the otherside of the no show, as he beat some guy named Oatmeal. Cigma was against PerfectoUnoJr in which Cig won by the unusual tally of 0 to -3. Resilient met Fairydance, which ended up with her arm being raised in victory, 1 to -1. In the contenders match, one of the best to ever do it met with one of the best the league has had this season. Unfortunately for Shadow, experience would prevail, 2-1. In the champ match Coup faced off with Cereal_Killer, and in the end CK turned coup into cereal, winning 3 to -1.

Glad were caught up. These recaps sucked, I know, but I didn’t have time to go through and detail every week, so accept it or fuck off.
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

IV. Week 52 Wrap Up

9. billy nomates vs 10. Muti
    Apparently nobody told the RSTL’s resident pastor that no showing is a sin. Lol. Anyway, nom won by no show.

7. T.a.C vs 8. Noble Soldier
    This was a match I was really excited for. I’ve said multiple times that Noble was a big influence in me improving my writing, not to mention, hes jus my motherfuckin nigga. Even if he is a dirty ginger. He wrote a short verse which ended up hurting him, while I got the victory for posting a more complete story. T.a.C wins 2-0.

5. Riot vs 6. ShadowWarriorfs
    This should have been a great match but it ended up sucking because one person dropped a no show verse and the other dropped a short verse. Made it easy to vote for though so I thank you. Anyway, Riot won 3-0.

Contender 3. Fairydance vs 4. Cigma
    Cigma posted a half of a verse because he was busy with outside stuff. Fairy won by writing a complete verse. 3-0.

Champ C. Cereal_Killer vs 2. Vern Acular
    A battle that lived up to its name. CK has pretty much undisputedly been the champ of this season. When hes around, hes winning, plain and simple. I’ve heard people say Vern is the best ever. CK of course wrote a twisted story as usually. Vern raped the mechanical aspect of his verse. But in the end the voters went with the story, giving CK a win 4-1. The final champion of season 52.
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

V. Preview of Tourney Rd. 1

1.T.a.C vs 21. Blackanese

Good luck, homey.

2. ShadowWarriorfs vs 20. PhilaTit

I don’t know Phila, so I’m going to have to go with Shadow

3. Coup d’etat vs 19. breathless

I don’t know breathless, so Coup.

4. Got Life?vs 18. Lord Drama

I don’t think Drama is going to show, so Got Life?

5. Cigma vs 17. Muti

This will be a good match. Muti is a really strong writer, but he hasn’t been around much. I’m going to count on him having some rust and Cigma will end up winning.

6. Fairydance2000 vs 16. Noble Soldier

Another good match up. Noble is known to half ass though. Though I think for the tourney he will try. However, Fairy has shown to be a consistent winner, and that’s why I predict she’ll win.

7. Cereal_Killer vs 15. Mrjdm998

Apparently CK has to sign out, so I feel confident in predicting Mrj to win this. Book it.

8. Vern Acular vs 14. Nu’maaN

Match of the motherfuckin tourney right here. Nu was runner up last year, looking to avenge his lost. But Vern will kick his ass. Sorry Nu.

9. iLLWeeMan vs 13. PerfectoUnoJr

Uno’s still pretty new around here but hes been impressive so far. But Resilient is a proven vet, and I think experience is on his side, he’ll win.

10.nom is dull vs 11. Murderous Keys vs 12. The Inkwell

Provided MK and Ink show, they’ll make it close, but Nom is Nom and Nom will win.
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

VI. Babe of the Week

JWoww

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

test
  8. Tacky Jones

VII. Outro

Well fuckfaces, that’s all I got. Write some dope shit and have fun with the tourney ladies(Fairy and Shadow) and gents. Thanks for reading.

test
  9. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

*Magazine supplement*

Coup's Corner

I want to give a well deserved and honest shout out to T.a.C and ShadowWarriorfs for giving us all a platform to write on and for making us a place to express our interest in writing. Without the RSTL I would not rhyme as often and would not have developed in such a regulated, rule-controlled way to great benefit (no matter how sloppy I am).

With the governing rules here at RSTL I find one is more creative, searching out new ways to compose within the standard box of RSTL tradition. So, a big thank you friend ShadowWarriorfs and T.a.C for the consistent labors and efforts to provide an awesome league environment.

*Music Analogy*​

Mozart is considered to be the greatest musical mind that has ever lived; past, present and probably future. His success was in that he did not break away from the well defined, already established frame-work of the Classical style of the day. Rather, he wrote in profound and inventive ways in and around those rules, bringing the classical style unto his own perception. With his amazing resourcefulness in learning and his resilient attention to detail under the laws governing the classical style, he deepened and expanded the genre into new, prolific possibilities. Demonstrations of his genus under this governing body of composition utilized and explored every inch of the 'box' he wrote in. By twisting these rules he consequently developed new musical relationships between theory and practice - he presented to the world music that stands timeless; music so expressive that it has always existed as part of nature, just waiting our discovery.

Just like the rules governing the RSTL; with the accepted mechanics and its expected format, many have excelled under its strict, defining rules. Without laws, without governing demands of any Art, many will fail creatively at the expense of self and at the loss of future avenues of said art. If there is, abruptly, no standard outside oneself to bounce around foundations in new and dynamic ways noting will be compounded or advanced. But if regulated, the 'box' must eventually (after being twisted, folded, manipulated and explored in staunch detail) evolve out of it's old frame into a completely new animal. Then and only then, a new Art form, with its own rules and laws respectively, will establish itself. I see this type of evolution here at the RSTL and understand a branching style growing out from the perfection of old boxes. And like Mozart, who forced a musical revolution out of the Classical style into the exposition of the Romantic era, the same is happening today in Rapmuic.com's competitive text leagues. Beethoven profited from Mozart's ingenuity and likewise, we can and will take the next evolutionary step in Season 3 - and profit from the soldiers of the pen of seasons past.

See you all there.

*I am no longer living in my car in a parking lot or park. I am now my new House; life is good. The RSTL is part responsible for my growth from torn rags to whole rags. Writing is truly therapy for the mind and I am glad I know you all and have climbed out with you all, no homo. What a good bunch to write with.

The shepherd psalm​

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Psalm 23

end/
    test
  10. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Good Mag.

I will not lose. Nom and ink are dead, DEAD.

Niggas.

Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  11. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Jesus Christ isn't real.
    test
  12. billy nomates.

billy nomates. rain cancels play.

'but an anonymous tipster revealed to the mods that Nom had recycled.'

i posted the link to the original piece in the rank thread asking for feedback. was i my own anonymous tipster?
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

I didnt know you posted a link to it
    test
  14. billy nomates.

billy nomates. rain cancels play.

test
  15. BLACK ATTICUS

BLACK ATTICUS An Actual Show Rocka!!

not too many interruptions

Just wanted to share what i've been up to for those who remember WHY i made the 'hall of fame' here lol --- been dropping fire on that mic, hope you can appreciate!

[​IMG]

oh yeah...and feel free to use the album cover in the topics, i know u think it's sick haha
    test
  16. Muti

Muti I just write

9. billy nomates vs 10. Muti
    Apparently nobody told the RSTL’s resident pastor that no showing is a sin. Lol. Anyway, nom won by no show.

Thats funny, yeah I was moving that week so i didn't even know I had a match but won't happen again. I don't no show! :(

and GL JESUS is as REAL as it gets! That is all
    test
  17. fairydance2000

fairydance2000 don't wait, Procrastinate

Great mag TAC, good catch up, and i think you mods do a fab job and a big thank you for your time and effort. you guys are the glue.
    a special thanks for the kind words
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.