Madden 09 Pros & Cons

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Alphabet, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphabet

Alphabet Soup

overall its a decent game...better than last year by far

still some glitchness but its cool, they got rid of the "moss ball" (throwing it deep to a reciever and watch him smoke the corner just because he is 1 or two points faster and the safety is defenseless)
    test
  2. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

i don't understand why people buy this game every year. 99% of it is the same exact game.
    test
  3. deadweather

deadweather ******

i agree 100%
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

even though every grand theft auto follows the same exact formula and offers more of the same, at least you can argue that a new storyline makes it worth the cost of admission.

but umm... madden every fucking year?

i dunno
    test
  5. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

my first time buying it since 06
    test
  6. deadweather

deadweather ******

at least that is practical
    test
  7. Alphabet

Alphabet Soup

new rosters..graphic, animations...whole nine..well like whole 6 yards

lol
    test
  8. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I played Madden 09 yesterday, it is absolute GARBAGE. Why do they keep making these games???? The graphics are HORRIBLE for a next gen system. NFL 2K(the first one) had better graphics than this. They almost look playstation 2ish. Wow... The hits look so SOFT. The player animations aren't fluid and are really outdated looking. Horrible game. Thank God for Gamefly...Im sending this crap back ASAP
    test
  9. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Wreckt - I'd never thought you'd say that.

Anyway, I enjoy it, because I take it for what it is. I'm just glad I don't have to hear Madden do the commentary, it'll be bearable for a couple weeks.
    test
  10. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

cuz we can afford it ya dirty scrub

but yeah this years game im not too big a fan of so far but im slowly but surely getting used to it. graphics are insane, and this is my first year having madden online so the updated rosters and capabilities of playing against other humans at all times anytime i want is quite awesome. i cant get used to the fucking buttons though. the defensive and offensive formations and audibles are hard to memorize. also the whole r2 button to sprint is bugging me out (considering the fact ive been using x to sprint for the past like 5 years). to be honest i havent particularly found any new features that i actually prefer compared to the old style/interface. i think that is mostly cuz im sooooooo used to madden since 04 (the they really stepped it up and revolutionized the game) till 08, and this is almost like a whole new game.

i fear change. in about 2 weeks though i will probably be obsessed with the game and smoking all that step in my path
    test
  11. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Yea, I tried playing it with that intent. I just feel that Madden hasn't been good since 2000. I ALWAYS played Madden 2000...I loved that game...then I got a dreamcast and got accustomed to a REAL football game which, at the time, appeared to be absolutely flawless. The hits in Madden 2000 were bonecrushing..I couldn't stand madden's comments either but...it was a good football game. Madden 2009 is just bleh. It's the same rehashed material with a few extras and tweaks. The graphics, for a next gen game, are subpar. I've seen both the 360 and PS3 versions and they are equally abysmal. It was good to get rid of Madden's commentary but the game just did nothing for me you know?
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

true...this is my first time playing since 2003, so it's kinda fresh to me
    test
  13. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

same here, never understood that shit. Dudes pay $60+ for updated rosters and minor tweaks.

I played the demo and the graphics were shit, my receivers dropped wide open catches in the endzone like 4 times, the catch+run animation is STILL clunky as fuck, tackles are weak, old ass John and the AMAZING IQ SYSTEM lol what a fucking joke
    test
  14. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

test
  15. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Same here and I had NCAA 2006 at that. My last Madden was 2003..
    test
  16. Alphabet

Alphabet Soup

i love it...i guess im just a down right die hard
    test
  17. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

I HATE HATE Madden... only reason I'm getting it is to whoop ass when my friends come over...

they need to bring back 2K
    test
  18. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

man this madden is by far better than previous maddens... all the teams are pretty good so theres not a lot of blow outs... graphics are way better..

whoever said the hits are weak -- play the game a little more...

the run game is serious.. all the players move fluidly...

i can go on and on about how good this madden is...

downfall -- too many interceptions... ai seems to play smarter.. mad tipped up interceptions... ive seen it too many times already where the cb will tip up the ball twice and someone else will get the pick before the ball hits the ground...
    test
  19. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

2k series was the shit tho
    test
  20. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I honestly love this Madden. Honestly I wondered why people bought new versions every year outside of roster changes.

But this year, man I can tell a difference. The graphics first of all, are very good. The game has a good atmosphere, especially during rivalry games. I like the "My Skill" Difficulty. I used to play on All pro and just rape, then I'd switch to all-madden and couldn't get a first down, so it's a nice adjustment, and the games are all pretty challenging.

There are areas of the game that need improvement still of course, like when I pass it to a guy near the out of bounds and he can clearly cut in but he just runs backwards and out of bounds, but that's ok. It's something I can deal with. I also think the player animation has gotten better since last year. Now players aren't just letting balls bounce off their hands and doing nothing - they actually dive for bobbled balls and stuff.

I like it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.