Madden 08

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Yung Lyon, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

i know some people have it already
    so how did you get it?
    test
  2. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

www.gamedaily.com gave madden a 9.0
    Looks promising, I'm a bit skeptical still but I'm hoping for a great madden
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

it's not out yet.... nobody has it unless EA sent them a promo copy to review or test...lol
    test
  4. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

i have it on preorder
    test
  5. dRa$TiK $TaTiK

dRa$TiK $TaTiK New Member

i just got mines like twenty minutes ago,i havent played it yet but i would let you guys know how da shit plays,also if u live in the l.a. area i know what store is slangin them,pzzzzzzz
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I can't believe people pony up 60 bucks a year for the same old game.
    test
  7. ReverseSWAT

I give both the Xbox 360 & PS3 version a 6.5
    I wasnt impressed in the least. Madden always takes 1 step forward & two steps back. PS2 07 was much better

Where to begin.
    Still only 1 stiff arm button
    No cut moves (like PS2 07)
    No O-line slide protection
    All Madden is beyond hard and ridiculous at times
    The run game is BLAH
    You dont get enough time on D to pick your plays like 12 secs and its hard flipping through all those plays when the playbook screen is tiny.
    The animations are still the same as Ps2 07 IMO..Just next gen up
    Online on PS3..There are already pause glitchers
    Online on 360..Its lame ball fest
    Blitzes are like GOD vs your O-line better hot block 7 guys or u'll be sacked in a 3 step drop
    Seriously.. I never seen so many fumbles...like 9 in one game even protecting the ball with Tomlinson.
    Weapons are blah when you have no time to REALLY set up your D

I might rent PS2's version to see if its gameplay is still good but as of right now Madden NFL 08 is a 5.0 - 6.5 at first play throughs
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Exactly. They just need to end the Madden series. They all suck.
    test
  9. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

when you start with the fact theres only 1 stiff arm button im forced to neglect the rest of your post lol...

you only need 1 stiff arm button my man
    test
  10. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

let me guess, nfl 2k series?

the one where your player can dive half the width of the field? lol
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I think he means you should be able to configure ur controller to stiff arm using a "different" button..just in case that particular configuration is uncomfortable to you.

BTW, the 2K football series shits all over Madden. I'd STILL play 2K football over any Madden game. Madden was finished as a game series in 2000 IMO. Both as a result of 2K sports AND shitty development. That was the last Madden game that I purchased. There has been nothing new in terms of overall play since then. Putting Vince Young or anybody else on the cover of this piece of shit isn't going to convince me the EVER play a Madden game in my life again. Dude, I suffer from the Madden curse..the curse of not wanting to play these shitty games ever again.
    test
  12. ReverseSWAT

Are you blind?
    Last time I checked human beings had two arms.. Correct me if I'm wrong
    A left arm and a right arm.
    So how come I stiff arm a guy on right of me but cant switch ball hands then stiff arm da guy on the left? Makes since but noooo 08 lets you only stiff arm one side... In 07 on Xbox n PS2 I had two stiff arms

My biggest problem though is offensive lineman being retards again getting dominated by a 3 man rush lol Not only that NO O-LINE SLIDE PROTECTION.. Why cant I pinch da line to stop an inside rush or maybe spread da line to stop an outside rush...Theres too many rushing lanes blitzes plow right through even with hot blocking and sometimes It wont let me hot block for some reason so I get hit in less than a second after i snap da ball..

I liked 07 on PS2 more than any madden in da past 8 years
    test
  13. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

DOG you use the 1 button, if hes on your left, you stiff arm left lol.. are you serious? whichever side the closest defenders on is where you will stiff arm, he'll switch ball and everything, it just leaves an extra button open for something else... ill bet your problem is trying to stiff arm last minute, of course it wont work you need to think about the time to switch the ball, its not automatic it actually makes him switch the ball

only arguement you really have is the o-line arguement

as for wrectify, you say they died after 2000? lol the best madden game didnt hit until i think it was 04, maybe 03 i forget, but the biggest leap was then

if 2k games were so much better dont you think they'd be what people made a big deal about every august? or dont you think they would have made more money and took over madden instead of the other way around? LOL

think about it
    business theres no opinion, its fact, madden did better, had more fans, made more money, thats why its still around

in the 2k games let me re-iterate yet again
    you can dive HALF the width of the field
    a guy can be running down the middle the field and i could be a CB over toward the sideline and still tackle him from there... thats ridiculous
    test
  14. ReverseSWAT

That 1 button is no where near responsive enough to stiff arm right then left..it sucks. They should atleast LET me put two there...but then again thats how madden has always been----two steps forward and three steps back.
    test
  15. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

honestly im not happy with it i liked 05-07 way better than this and im used to playing on the playstation and have a 360 now
    test
  16. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

well tehy cant now..

and when 2k5 dropped.. almost everyone i knew had that and madden, as did i..

though i liked madden better, i like 2k5 too, it had the shoulder charge/truck stick and it had the gang tackling..

the 2k series forced madden to put out a good product due to competition.. and ever since they bought out the nfl license.. it has not been nearly as good...
    test
  17. Killumin

Killumin Be happy with what u got!

ima keep my cash for, halo and pro evo 7 after reading post's about thus cheers
    test
  18. ReverseSWAT

Madden hasn't had a decent next-gen football game yet.
    test
  19. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yeah for real...even though I preferred Madden back then because I grew up on it, I didn't mind 2K coming out with their game, especially with it costing $20 brand new. When Madden bought the license, they got lazy as hell...and I PRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY that it never happens with NBA games.
    test
  20. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

^^if it happens to 2k basketball.. i shall kill myself..

nba live is terrrrible...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.