Machida Beats Evans

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Crates, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

test
  2. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

The light heavyweight division won't be the same. Machida will have fighters going back to the drawing board. I don't see even Rampage being able to handle Machida.
    test
  3. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

I thought(and still think) Rashad is a harder match-up for Machida than Rampage. He's more patient, better training camp, and faster hand speed. Also, Rampage admittedly hates working out and has been known to get fat between fights. He might have the better chin and absurd strength, but that won't get him too far against Machida.
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

or maybe it will

all bets are off when it comes to figuring out machida at this point
    test
  5. word.. machida looked impressive as shit tonight..
    test
  6. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

machida is the fedor of lhw.. been saying it all along.

fuck the haters... dude just KOD and schooled 2 undefeated guys back 2 back....

gonna be a champ for a LOOOOOONG time.. rampage has nothing to offer him.
    test
  7. Nikkles

Nikkles Don't Fuck With Chuck

I wasn't surprised Machida won I called that when they first announced the fight, dude is just to quick to technical for anyone to handle, Rashad couldn't handle his speed and counter striking and Rashad is one of the quickest in that division and he was chasing shadows. Rashad never saw fists he just saw blurs of fists and feet.

I think Machida will put away alot of guys, Rampage won't beat him the only guy I think would make a good match at the minute is Shogun.

It was dope match I thought, Every time Machida threw something Rashad looked like he was gonna be in trouble. Machida may have an unorthodox style but dude knows how to evade, counter and has power to so the LHW division best watch out cause dude is going to be champion for a good while.

Rashad looked like he died when he hit the mat lol
    [​IMG]
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

Yeah.. I wanted Rashad but I bet on Lyoto against people because I just knew goin into this.. he's something unreal..

Rashad is unbelievably fast and couldn't even respond to Lyoto's quick attacks, he barely moved, thats insane to me.. Lyoto's hand speed and foot speed is on a whole different level than the entire LHW division

I don't see Machida losing anytime soon.. sadly Rampage will take another L if they face off, power means nothing when you can't land, and Rampage is not faster than Evans

Lyoto was hit what 2-3 times that fight?
    His ability to take apart such high competition and not take any damage is whats really unbelievable.. it's not like hes fighting slouchs, hes fighting the top tier fighters at 205.. and 205 is considered the most stacked weightclass by far.. and he seems to have no problem.
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

PS: I read the end of that article..

I think Silva/Machida would be in-fucking-sane..

I don't know what to think, I'd almost say Machida because his speed is unparalleled to any fighter I've ever seen.. again, Rashad one of the fastest in the LHW if not the entire UFC and Machida was on him so fast that everytime he attacked Rashad didn't even make a step backwards before he took a shot.

I just feel where most people miss trying to go in on Silva.. Machida would land, it would start just like the Evans fight, than Machida would start to get in them kicks, couple shots.. the question would become though, will Silva catch him on his way in? Cause I'd put Silva on another level of actual fighting skill talent than Rashad.. personally (I'm sure most would agree).
    test
  10. Nikkles

Nikkles Don't Fuck With Chuck

Rashad couldn't counter Him, Period.

Everyone labels Machida as a Counter fighter, when He really isn't. Machida is more of Pressure fighter. He Counters Forward which is really one of the most perfect abilities a fighter can have in His arsenal. Machida's forward movement forces you to act, and when you do...BAM!!! If you Don't, BAM!!!

Look at tonight, or against Silva...or even Tito. Machida almost NEVER backs up. He steps in on you....He controls that cage. That is not a characteristic of a Counter Fighter.

Really, the only Feasible way to beat it, is to do what Randy does. Invite the punch...see How Lyoto Leaps in like that? Duck straight into the shot, and get it to slide off your Head...that's how you secure the Clinch there...shoot off that movement.

Then you put Him against the cage and Grind Him out. Only problem is that there aren't really any wrestlers in the Division to hold Lyoto like that. you NEED a world
    class Greco guy to do it.

Shogun is interesting because He moves similar to Lyoto, except His is attacking Pressure. He doesn't try to evade, maximizing His attack. He and Lyoto would essentially both
    be Leaping in and out on each other...and I don't know if Lyoto will be able to deal with that kind of aggression in the exchange. Shogun doesn't stop swinging when He's Hit...
    ...He's also Evasive in the Exchange, but not so much as Machida.

Veeerrryyy interesting Fight to me.
    test
  11. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

test
  12. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

he only got 2 nice counters off and they were quick and pawing both on the same attack of machida

i kept saying that machida would get caught if he kept leading, landing and pressing, but he didnt

and if evans aint gonna beat him with speed, nobody at 205 is gonna use speed to beat him

he is not the biggest 205 Lb fighter out there, i guess my approach would be to overpower him and see where that goes, test that ground game

standing will get you slept
    test
  13. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Good fucking God.I've always been a little hesitant about jumping on the hardcore Machida bandwagon, but jesus fucking christ he just tooled the one guy who came in with the perfect gameplan and stats to beat him imo. Motherfucker was the aggressive one in the fight and still took minimal damage.Rampage doesn't have what it takes guys, sorry. Rampage is at home laying back waiting for a chance to hook counter. When that doesn't work, well, he ends up getting aggressive and taking a nap on the ropes.I think I'd even be tempted to say goodbye to Anderson Silva's undefeated streak if they match up.
    test
  14. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Enough of the Lyoto Machida vs. Anderson Silva talk. They're training partners, friends, and said they will NOT fight.

Source: News - Silva: UFC 205-lb. belt belongs to Machida | MMAFighting.com
    test
  15. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

if dana wants that fight to happen , it happens

the fighters dont make the match ups or contracts or sign checks

and dana's ego is about as big as machida's mma cred right now
    test
  16. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

test
  17. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

test
  18. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

i dont follow this stuff like i used to

but plz.. granted ive only seen parts of his fights but this kat doesnt impress me.. whos he beat??

nakumura whos smaller than him
    washed up tito
    overrated evans
    black guy with an asian name

fedor beat NOg, who at the time was considered the best and maybe the best ever..
    test
  19. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

fighters have control or at least they did

how do u think tito was able to stay champ for so long..
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

nobody can handle machida in the weight class......hopefully he keeps his fights exiting like the last 2.....and dosn't revert back to the boring style......

he'd be the most unpopular ufc champ in history....it's why he wasn't given a title shot off the bat......

only person i seen come close to beating him was BJ......but machida was too big and just held him in the clinch......but his lunging hook was catching machida

other than that......anderson silva could give him some go...but i think he's to big for him too
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.