Mac or PC?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Rebel.Music, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

hp is good
    dell is good..
    gateway garbage
    test
  2. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

Hmmm, what if I just upgrade my laptop?

Haha, that'd probably be cheaper than getting a whole new one.
    test
  3. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

aye

do NOT buy a mac laptop now, it will be massively underpowered
    test
  4. auddasea

auddasea Im'a dope Producer !!

To correct all of you.. The only thing that makes a PC a PC is if you run WINDOWS on it. You could convert a dell to a MAC if you really wanted...Notice they aint call ••••• towers a PC lol...

I do agree... ••••• has not caught up yet in Lap-Tops with the modern technology that some of these computer handles have put out.. For instance you can get an HP laptop with an athalon processor that runs at 3.0 ghz if you really wanna spend the money on it.. And ••••• is extremely over priced on there laptops...So fuck them

Now like the guys said above when it comes to towers ••••• tottaly fuckin shits on HP..DELL and whatever else becuase they run dual core processing ... Most windows programs, well all are built on 32 bit technology and ••••• has advanced to 64... So everything is better...

My suggestion...if your getting a laptop go with HP or Alienware
    If your getting a TOWER go with •••••....

and dont quote me bout the whole PC shit..thats just how I look at it..I know pc stands for personal computer hahaha IE; A desktop lol
    test
  5. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

^ alienware are just as overpriced.

and i dont think the g5s are dual core their just dual processors. theres a difference.
    test
  6. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

i'm prolly gonna get a Dell laptop....
    test
  7. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

nice, i got an AMD Athalon 3300 2.7 GHZ shit runs like a dream.
    edit: fuck what u heard emachines are nice. got it for 600$.
    test
  8. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

PCs fuck Mac
    test
  9. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

what's the difference?
    test
  10. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

If i'm gonna get a Dell laptop....what requirements should i look into on getting?
    test
  11. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

the NEW powermacs are dual core. there's also a QUAD g5 2.5, which is TWO dual cores! that thing fucking flies

the slightly older duals were 'just' dual processor g5's.

if you're going to run cubase, i'd go for a fast PC. cubase is more optimised on a pc. i'd go for a mac if you want to run logic or digital performer (as you don't have a choice).

pc for nuendo, sonar, cubase, protools (yes, i said protools. however protools 7 introduced slightly more optimisations for mac technology, so maybe it has caught up with the pc side - but probably not), etc.

"To correct all of you.. The only thing that makes a PC a PC is if you run WINDOWS on it. You could convert a dell to a MAC if you really wanted...Notice they aint call ••••• towers a PC lol..."

No, you can't convert a dell to a mac. Macs use a totally different processor architecture. You can't run OSX on PCs.

If you bring up the hacked X86 i will e-slap you so hard.
    test
  12. auddasea

hahaha@ P.L.O...your right about the processors and motherboards...••••• runs tottaly diffrent specs on all it's hardware...but you can convert it all...it is a bitch..but it's possible lol...word though homie...in most instances you cant...-co sighns...and fuck dell
    PENTIUMS and CELERONS are NOT..I repeat NOT made for audio or graphic applications..always run AMD....end of story...so dont get a dell get an HP...cause HP contracts with AMD...ayte thats my two cents

-audd
    test
  13. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

lol....so what your all saying is pick up a mac...or one of those powerbooks.....
    test
  14. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

uh, no

unless you're getting a dual g5 powermac, get a pc. do not buy a powerbook.

that is what everyone is saying.
    test
  15. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

test
  16. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

btw I use a powerbook 1.67GHz and it runs pretty smoothly with PT, reason and a few other plugins such as minimonsta going, so its up to you, its feasible but if you want to do some serious work and are heavily reliant on VSTs, then either get a desktop or atleast a newer pc laptop and make sure all the hardware is compatible
    test
  17. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

Well, like I said, I am planning on getting a Fantom and an MV-8000 in the future so I'll probably use the laptop for Pro Tools, Reason, Battery, and maybe some VSTs or somethin if I need to. Would I be good with just a Dell or HP laptop then?

Also, should I try just upgrading what I already got or just buy a new one altogether and have that be my sole producing computer?
    test
  18. auddasea

First of dell is incredibly insuficient.. That word should be put into the astrict box for RM.com... And btw dude Pro Tools is a MAC based application...AND protools is more than just a program...its a cupple grand son...

Why are you getting a laptop anyways...whats wrong with a desktop pc son? It's not like your studios gonna be portable anyways if your luggin a keyboard around?
    And if your gonna go through the hassel of that might as well pack up the desktop too..
    Desktops = more bang for the buck if you build them yourself... I would actually be willing to build you a desktop with these specs for under 700...

Asus Motherboard with HT technology
    Athalon 64 3700
    1 Gig of Ram
    300GB hard drive
    Delta sound card prolly the 44
    17 inch monitor display...lcd

for under 700...in a nice ass case

anything else u wanna know get at me AIM = KhrImeChild...

if you do get a laptop... www.hp.com = your friend lol...to hell with dell
    test
  19. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Pro Tools 6 and 7 are Xp compatible first off. Secondly you aint paying a couple grand for a pro tools setup unless you buying a straight 002 setup with the bomb factory plugins or you are gettin an HD system.
    test
  20. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

Cause I go to school in New York and live in California so I'm always traveling between the two and shipping a computer back home is a pain in the ass.

I think for now, I'm just gonna put a gig of RAM in this Dell and maybe upgrade the hard drive and then get either a desktop or a laptop in the future.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.