Luxury Car for Under 10K - What Should I Get??

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Yo Mamas Pimp, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yo Mamas Pimp

Yo Mamas Pimp Hard Out Here For A Pimp

With simple mods, sound system, rims, etc. in the future, in mind.

What would ya'll recommend?
    test
  2. r.a.v.

r.a.v. New Member

any used lincoln
    test
  3. A Lebaron, no shit. Buy a 89 or newer and put some rims on it, don't even have to be a covertable ... shit is sweet. I had a set of 17' inch AR's on my Lebaron that got stolen recently and they looked so nice, people asked if it was a lexus
    test
  4. Yo Mamas Pimp

test
  5. Scienc3

Scienc3 New Member

lincoln, fo sho
    test
  6. Yo Mamas Pimp

any model/year in particular?
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

some of my friends had lebaron's...shit i almost got a lebaron for my first car....if anyone thought it was a lexus they were stupid as shit....
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

some of my friends had lebaron's...shit i almost got a lebaron for my first car....if anyone thought it was a lexus they were stupid as shit....i wouldn't even call the lebaron a luxury car...not to diss your car at all, but that's not what we're lookin at here...

lincoln town cars have had good reliability....so yeah i'd concur with the other fellas...

you could get somethin that's somewhat luxurious like a passat or a4 as well
    test
  9. MyCarIsFaster5

MyCarIsFaster5 New Member

Okay, obviously the people either have no class, or just think it would be funny if you were looking for a "luxury" car and bought a piece of mechanical shit (that is also pretty fucking ugly). If you want luxury, reliability, i.e. something that is going to last you and still looks good...

Get a 1991-93 Lexus LS400
    test
  10. MyCarIsFaster5

you may be able to find a good deal on a newer one too like 94, maybe even 95 with higher miles, but they will last you a long time if you take care of them.
    test
  11. Yo Mamas Pimp

u got aim?
    test
  12. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

a 95 ls400... is not under 10...if it is it has about 290+ miles. And guess what that means.

No warranty and when something needs to be replaced your ass has to struggle to fix it. The parts to replace the parts are going to be ridiculously high. Soo hopefully you have about 3gs lieing around for parts. Also, you schedule maintainance is going to be high as fuck as well.

The normal easy things are fine. But when doing many other things you will understand why buying a luxury car like that for so cheap is dumb as hell unless you have the money for such occassions.

Anyway as much as i hate cadillacs... why not them. They can't hold values for shit. You can get a better year and lower mileage caddy. Cheaper as well to repair than a import.
    test
  13. Yo Mamas Pimp

gas is crazy expensive though.. on a Caddy that is..

I saw a 92 LS400 for 9, 900 with 169000 Km. on it (yes I'm from Montreal, Kilometers..)

[​IMG]

Nice.. and I know I said under 10K but like.. 9,900 is a lil steep - I'd have to wait a while before getting rims and a good sound system.
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

I'm still sayin the Lincoln Town Car...my step pops had an exec edition....had to replace the tranny around 150somethinK but got a good deal and lifetime warranty parts AND labor....easy car to work on....pretty quick, rode damn well (air suspension which can easily be modified to be adjustable from a control box if that's your thing)...only other thing that went wrong with the car was the fuse to the air compressor went out, costed a couple of bucks, and from improper storage/care the paint started peeling some....not what you see on most of them however

consumer reports lists it as a pretty reliable machine...pretty much tops every other domestic car...

i liked that....you could do a midnight blue pearl with some 100 spokes, play with the air system a lil bit....trunk is FUCKING HUGE...spare tire goes on a shelf so all of the trunk is able to be used...just some ideas...
    test
  15. MyCarIsFaster5

You are right about the 1995, it would have to have pretty high miles to snatch it for under 10, but as far as fixing it...LMAO

You obviously have never owned a lexus. A lexus is a TOYOTA!!!! Cheap parts, and now with all these websites, eBay, specialty sites, etc, parts are cheap as shit. Don't listen to this ass.... You can hit me up on AIM at MixTimp.
    test
  16. Yo Mamas Pimp

Here's a coo lincoln I found..

[​IMG]

$7,995 with 238982 Km.

Lookin' classy but that's a lot of kilometers on that shit.
    test
  17. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

You obviously know shit about lexus.

Yeah I owned a 98 GS400 for a show car. Soo i know plenty about lexus. And yes they are expensive to repair. Guess what genius just cause they are toyota doesn't mean you can swap out parts that easily. Especially when the v8 powerplant is only used in Lexus cars except the tundra.

My god I can see you have never done work on a lexus as well. These cars are expensive to keep up with. Give me a fucking break with ebay and shit. You know shit about maintaining a Lexus. To keep up with ANY Lexus car that is about 8-10 years old will cost you, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If you don't believe me, shit i will let my cousin who was a lexus technician be happy to tell you the cost on some of the shit he has to do.
    test
  18. Advokit

Advokit AKA Bravo the Beast

94 Infiniti Q45...big and luxurious....
    test
  19. MyCarIsFaster5

You're right, I know nothing about owning a Lexus, I have completely blocked out any memory of owning my GS300 for 2 and a half years. I'm not going to argue with a half-wit so if you are a big-baller super-duper player PIMP like Tigre, by all means pay full price to have your car serviced and repaired. Now, the majority of consumers that aren't blessed with the platinum status of Tigre are able to shop around for a deal. Lexus's are not any more to maintain than any other "regular" car. I could have an S500 and have it maintained for the same price that it would cost you to maintain a Honda Civic. It's all who you know and how hard you are willing to look to find deals, but once you find them, you know where they are. Again, I bow to my knees before the greatest baller in the land, Tigre! Blessed be thy name
    test
  20. MyCarIsFaster5

And that Q45 is a very good choice too!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.