Lupes Fiascos Album Is A Modern Classic

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Velli

Matt Velli The BREAF Emcee

^^^^lol i didn't say lupe needed an album full of club songs...i said he needs to be able to create those type of tracks to make his albums entertaining, making entertaining albums will only set him up for longevity in the game......

...and dude, i love Lupe's Music, i think he makes great songs, but he's not ready to make a great album yet.....i give him 3-5 more years before he's even at that level....he's only 24, he's yet to reach his max potential.
    test
  2. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

this album is a modern classic in my eyes, due to it's lyricism, production, and concepts used.

very political-minded topics talked about by lupe. he sort of reminds me of a mix between nas and kanye.
    test
  3. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

^^^tru..this album is sick
    test
  4. EdGe BlAdE

EdGe BlAdE Revolutionary

I swear people dont even know what a flow is... lupe is on beat the whole album, and his rhymes are delivered smoothly and consistantly with no break... his flow aint wack... unless you're some backpacking fag JMT fan lookin for multi's every bar.

Then we got one guy sayin his ablum dont sound hip-hop sayin it sounds techno, even though he's usin a more traditional hip-hop sound with samples, bass, and snares... guess homie been listen to way to much southern garbage, cuz if you think lupe's beats sound techno, then you need to relisten to all that snap music shit with all its keyboard synth and fucked up simple loops... shit like D4L and any other wack nigga from the south.

Hey look some dumb nigga from ATL sayin he shoulda had a club track on his album... just makes me know even more that niggas in the south dont know shit about hip-hop... stick to your simple pong video game sounding ass wack southern-shit.

The albums no classic, but that doesnt mean it isnt very good

and leave the faggot shit at home... who buys an ablum off the strength of the cover, or how a rapper looks... I mean whats really good... actin like you dont have a waste basket to dump that in... ya'll the same type of homos to buy the next 'hardest' rapper's album and say some gay shit like "yeeeaaa he's sooooo thug.. thats my nigga."... or have Pac's poster on your wall, with him havin no shirt on, above your bed...
    test
  5. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

don't try and cover an uneducated post with repremandin' Oz and Thief for being gay. you have nothing educational to say being as though you think ALL southern emcees are wack. I'm straight outta Miami and I think this album IS A MODERN DAY CLASSIC. I HATE D4L....I HATE Dem Franchise Boys....and all that other shit that's playin now-a-days. But I love Scarface and Little Brother. They are FAR from garbage. We do have taste in music. That shit just gets play down here because we are in the clubs, dancin' with females and fuckin' out. Yall post up in the clubs on the wall, maybe do a little chicken-noodle-soup here or there, and get no hoes....thus are unable to realize that these artist are not out sayin' that they are the best rappers since Jigga, but are puttin' out music to get the party started....and that....I can understand since I'm not closed minded. And if you take a little trip back in time, you would clearly notice that yall did that back in the days....get the party started. Only thing was, it was the DJ's who did it....it wasn't D4L.....what's the difference? DJ's weren't spittin' crazy metaphors where they? Rappers Delight is greatly appreciated and respected for what it was at the time...but c'mon. Not sayin that its wack in anyway though.

Well...enough defendin' the south....I'm done.
    test
  6. THIEF

THIEF New Member

you're all some faggots straight up

oz is some lonely virgin who has a shrine dedicated to lupe in his room. meanwhile he's in some other random thread sayin big L was weak... this kid is a piece of shit.

and JMT isnt nerd rap or back pack rap, you gotta be a dumb shit to think vinnie paz is on some nerd shit which consequently lupe's emo ass just happens to be on. go listen to uncommon valor on JMT's last album and realize why that song alone takes a massive shit all over lupe's album.

oz is a stan faggot.
    test
  7. NinoBrowN15

NinoBrowN15 the 100 million man

i think it will be recognized as a classic in later years...........but its the best rap album of the year hands down............who else is fukkin wit it............tell me that........no rapper........and this is jus the beginning of the greatness..........nas, jay, and fab styll have 2 drop...........im likin rap right now
    test
  8. EdGe BlAdE

EdGe BlAdE Revolutionary

ight maybe i should clarify... not all south is wack, but the majority of the commercial shit is, and thats the shit that is selling in the south, and thats the shit played on the radio all day... dont tell me about LB i have their album, that album is straight... and Scarface is a legend so Im obviously not talkin bout him... the south WAS cool back in the day with Outkast, Goodie Mob (Dungeon Family).. Field Mobb was cool, so was Young-Bloodz...

yea I'm prejudice towards the current south being wack, cuz everythin I hear from people from the south is dumb shit excuses justifying this snap shit... or bigging up artists that rap like kids in 1st grade writing a nursery rhyme...

and I didnt call OZ gay... I was talkin on all these fake homo thugz that wont cop an album cuz the cover looks gay, but they'll turn around and say some blatantly homo shit about their favourite 'hardest' artist bein soo thug, and how they like his style... that shit is all image and if you're feelin a guy for how he looks/ walks/ talks that shit is mad gay.. thats all i was sayin.
    test
  9. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

lupes lyrics suck...
    test
  10. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

wuteva nigga....if an album cover look gay it look gay....fuck is u sayin? damn niggaz act like u can't bag on a mufucka u thin skin having ass nigga...buncha c00ns u are...all technical wit the e-beef and shit....fuk outta here
    test
  11. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

the interior art is off the chain though... it's creative as hell...
    test
  12. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

word...

I've only given this a couple listens and I'm totally feelin' it. Great great album and it'll only grow on me more...

haha, word. I scanned the last pic where the "thugs" are aiming the books at the camera and put it as my myspace pic with the caption "The Cornel Westside Mobstas". cuz I'm funny like that. and the art is dope like that...
    test
  13. YoWomisIllmatic

YoWomisIllmatic Computer Artist

word, the inside's got some great images. Oh and the album is 4/5 to me.
    test
  14. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

yeah Imma have to jack that pic lol...
    test
  15. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

.... dude wrote a song about skateboarding...
    test
  16. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

Quoting yourself and then agreeing as if you are someone else is a cool thing to do.
    test
  17. Key_Elementz

Key_Elementz New Member

test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

What defines a stan? Im sure if I was big uppin someone you liked, like say Camron, you wouldnt call me a stan. Calling me a stan is a cop out for the fact that you cant express a legitimate reason for not liking the album, other than the fact that I must be a dickrider.
    Honestly, grow you. You be acting like your 9 yrs old. I cant even take you serious.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The song is actually about rebellion. He aint talking about ollies and kickflips, and halfpipes.
    If he wrote the same exact song, same hook, and for every skating refrence, replaced it with a crack refrence you'd have absolutely no problem with it.
    test
  20. j$crILLa

j$crILLa ~$crillVille~

TRUTH

(lupe is a dope spitter, but his CD is not average, let alone above average... its iight...... thats it)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.