Lupes Fiascos Album Is A Modern Classic

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by -Oz-, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Honestly, line it up with any other albums that came out this year, and its prolly better. This album is complete excellence, from the hard beats to the brilliant lyrics.
    It cant be compared with Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic, but anyone who considered College Dropout a classic, this is in the same vein, actually I think its better than both Kanyes albums. No filler cuts, no gay ass fucking skits, just straight up music from dudes soul.
    I never really peeped him before this album, but he has gained my utmost respect, which is something NOT many rappers get from me these days.
    Not 1 bad song, the worst song is prolly a 7/10. I dunno, I aint bumped nothing like this, this hard in a long time. This album is crazy. I love it, honestly.

Modern classic, indisputable.

That is, unless your a Cam'ron fan who's mind is warped past reality.
    test
  2. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

waits for skateboard comments...
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Wow, I didn't know Jay-Z executive produced the album.
    test
  4. Londo

Londo Fuck You

I haven't heard, but from what everyone says it is indeed a classic. I would download it but my hard drive is almost full......Anywhere I can listen to this before I actually go out and buy it?
    test
  5. sardo

sardo THE ILLEST

im prolly the only person on this site that hasnt downloaded it,so im pretty psyched about it.
    i hope all u net geeks go and support this kid.
    test
  6. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

In a very Oz-esque tone, "Lupe Fiasco is fucking garbage!"

Naw seriously, what I heard on Kanye's album was kinda generic and didn't stand out to me... I mean, he has a way with words, but his flow needs work and his voice is annoying... and "Kick Push" didn't impress me in the least. So I'm wondering where's all this classic talk coming from... did he suddenly improve his flow, energy and voice overnight?
    test
  7. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

He is decent nothing great. His first 2 singles are 5s in a scale from 1 to 10. So his album probably has whack songs and alright songs.
    test
  8. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Its a good album but its so similar to the advance that for me someone who loved the advance im alittle dissapointed. Theirs not a song on this album thatd id be bumping hard now all the rest of the stuff was on the advance and that was dropped in what april?
    test
  9. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Olnly heard half the album but it's a good album, definitely one of the best this year but it's not a classic for me.. if the secod half is the same as the first half, i mean. It would be on a par with something like... common - be, or foreign exchange - connected.
    test
  10. THIEF

THIEF New Member

this album is no fuckin classic lol.. and you nerd faggots are sweatin some skinny geek with a weak ass flow. like i pointed out before, his breathing is weak as shit he needs to work on that, it gets to the point where its almost as annoying as immortal technique's (who is also highly annoying with a weak flow but his songs > lupe's songs, quote me)
    the production makes faggots like y'all think this is on some "classic" shit when it clearly isnt.
    a perfect example of this is the kick push song.. with a nice beat with a real nice vibe to it.. head nod shit.. then the fag starts talkin bout fallin off his skateboard n shit. wasted beat.
    "american terrorist" is a great idea for a concept song.. the hook is gay as fuck, lupe's flow is dumbass weak, and his mild ass conscious lyrics are below average, this is the type of track that would be best left to a dead prez, immortal technique.. even mos def woulda given this track/beat more justice.

you're all some faggots.. and college dropout is nowhere near classic, re-evaluate your criteria in what you label a "classic" you pieces of shit.
    test
  11. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

ive only heard the 2 singles and Pressure...

they were pretty good

i dont know if I'ma buy it though
    *shrug*
    test
  12. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

I completely agree. I was just thinkin today that it's definitely the same type of rap as Kanye, and I agree it probably is better than either of his albums.

The production is beautiful, very instrumental and soulful, sounds to me like Kanye did a lot of the tracks, but I havn't seen production credits. "The Cool" is the best new rap song I have heard this year. That beat is sooo dope, its addictive, I fuckin love that song. Yeah but the whole album is awesome.

I don't feel comfortable calling an album classic that just barely came out, because to me a huge componant of a classic album is to stand the test of time and be just as listenable years down the road as it was when it came out, but this album has had tremendous replay value for me so far and probably will be considered a modern classic eventually.
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Wow, talk about taking shit a bit personal. Its gonna be ok, alright buddy? No one meant to offend you with their opinion, now go suck your mommas teet and leave the posting to intelligent people.
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Only song Kanye produced was "The Cool". I think Lupe wants to be his own man, and not be seen as Kanyes artist.
    test
  15. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

June,thats why his album got pushed back cuz he had to go and record some more songs since someone leaked his shit. I dont think its fair to expect him to come with all new material after that shit happened. He has a budget he has to stick to.
    test
  16. Fantom

this kid needs a hug...
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

A hot song is a hot song, whether you first heard it 6 months ago, or last week.
    test
  18. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

"Only song Kanye produced was "The Cool". I think Lupe wants to be his own man, and not be seen as Kanyes artist."

Kick, Push was also, wasn't it?
    test
  19. Fantom

nah I can't remember the name of the guy who produced kick push, but I know it wasn't Kanye...
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

production creds ÛÛ°
    ÛÛ
    Tracks 2,4,7,8,14 : Soundtrakk ÛÛ
    Tracks 3,12,13 : Prolyfic ÛÛ
    Track 5 : Neptunes ÛÛ
    Track 6 Mike Shinoda ÛÛ
    Track 9 : Craig Kallman ÛÛ
    Track 10: Kayne West ÛÛ
    Track 11 : Needlz ÛÛ