Lupe Fiasco's The Cool VS Nas' Illmatic

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jan 6, 2008.

?

The Cool or Illmatic?

1. The Cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Illmatic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lol.........and why does it sound like dude relates to the girls feelings deep diving........
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

lmao.

The dream is still retarded I see.
    test
  3. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Im with this guy. Well put buddy
    test
  4. Vanessa1

Vanessa1 New Member

test
  5. Spade1000

Spade1000 New Member

I voted for The Cool. For me I only listen to illmatic every now and again, when the mood hits me. Its possibly due to where I am at in life currently. Who knows, better yet who cares! I prefer The Cool to Illmatic. Times have changed and my tastes have changed, as I have lived through hiphop's infancy , childhood , troubled teens, and finally this current "state" that its in. Lupe is , IMO on par lyric, delivery wise , with any of the "Pantheon" of greats that we always bring up. I am impressed with his storytelling ability as much as I am with his content its self.

I cant belive someone mentioned "the die" as a standout song. The Below songs are the ones i would place up against other songs, IF , I say again, IF I were to try to do a side by side comparison:

The Coolest, Superstar, Hiphop Saved My Life, Little Weapon, Streets on Fire, Gotta Eat, Dumb it Down, Put you on Game and possibly Intruder Alert, just for its story telling properties.
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

great first post, it took you a while to get going............but does the current state of basketball make magic bird, or jordan, less good than iverson or kobe?........or the 96 bulls, is their greatness dated cause the game is different and watered down.........who is better, jordan or kobe?........kobe has had all stars, jordan has made all stars.........kobe is amazing, but come on.........same shit, different eras don't change the impact overall.......lupe would probably be better in an era where being focused would generate more sales and fans........the cool has some amazing songs of course, as lupe is dope........illmatic has not a flaw really, it is seamless.........i don't even like nas really, but i would much sooner bump that........
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^I'm telling you, "latest is greatest"... you can't explain shit to people with that mindset.

Ten years from now, MC Bubblefuck's "Fuck My Bunghole" will be considered the greatest album of all time and people will be like, "Lupe is dated." "Lupe sucks." "F&L or The Cool is wack compared to today."

You know, of course, lyricism advances every ten years... and in 2025, there will be lyricists light years ahead of cats rappin' now. They'll be spittin' 16-syllable multi patterns and shit, because the more syllables you can rhyme, the doper you are... the more advanced you are. Forget voice, content, variety, etc... that shit is played. It's all about the syllables... and swagger.

Production will advance, too... beats will be made by telepathy where the producer sends soundwaves to your brain and kids will be saying that it shits on anything Madlib or Primo ever did because they used outdated tools.

Instead of classics droppin' every month like they do now, they will drop ever nanosecond. Because classic means, "shit I really really like a whole lot and I don't have to skip any songs." But after 3 years, it won't be classic anymore because it will be old.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

how the fuck did you hear about this......I have a shutchyo mouth clause that promises anyone leaking my inventions will be beaten telepathically..........Also i'm working on a track that shows metronome, with sign language rapping over it........dude it takes crazy swag and flow to ride a tick with your hands........keep that on the hush hush, it is classic
    test
  9. Cats is smokin rocks if they think the cool is touching illmatic
    test
  10. Dead Broke

Dead Broke Money is the motivation

I don't understand why dudes dont state what they feel and keep it moving. . . getting emotional over rappers who could care less about you is retarded.....wit that being said illmatic
    test
  11. illmatic THUG

illmatic THUG New Member

Ok firstly I respect your opinion I too get bored sometimes by albums that are ''classics'' illmatic is not one of them. Secondly you dont have to be old to listen to albums like illmatic, im 18 and I first heard it when I was 10 and its one of my favourite albums of all time. Thirdly I hear that illmatic is one of the greatest, if not the greatest Hip Hop album of all time from millions of other sources besides the internet and I think this myself. Its the album that brought lyricism back to the East in a time that G Funk was ruling supreme in Rap. Its impact goes beyond any words I can string together so im going to leave it at this...
    test
  12. illmatic THUG

illmatic THUG New Member

Oh yea as much as I like Lupe you would have to be on some out of this world substance to even compare The Cool to such an album. Theres about 12 albums I would put in the same league as illmatic and The Cool aint one
    test
  13. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

The Cool is a great album, but don't get crazy.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

No, cats is just always searching for reasons to discredit Illmatic and its classic status.

It's like they're mad or something. [dunno]
    test
  15. KeyChainz

KeyChainz DJ KeyChainz

Both are good, Illematic was more breath-taking though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.