Lupe Fiasco's The Cool VS Nas' Illmatic

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jan 6, 2008.

?

The Cool or Illmatic?

1. The Cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Illmatic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

all this shit about "keep in mind when it came out" is fine if ur jsut sayin illmatic is the best album of 94....

but if ur saying its the best/one of the best albums period then you have to compare it to later shit... whether its "fair" or not.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

dude is saying impact upon the genre as a whole, and influenced others sound.........that can't be measured in a month, and this album isn't together enough anyways.........
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Was it you or dream who said Nas didn't have enough party songs on Illmatic?

I can't remember which... my bad if it wasn't you. Dream and I go back on this one.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

ha ha... in '98, I had various rap sites trying to get me to write articles and reviews for them, but I didn't have the time... I toyed with the idea of starting my own mag or something, but I've become dismayed by most "hip hop journalism" and the cocksucking that goes on that I just lost interest... I'll stick wit numbers and just listen to the music... and then come here and scream on you fans.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

True... we're just saying that most later shit don't compare to a lot of earlier shit, let alone Illmatic.

Truthfully, just like some younger heads suffer from "latest is greatest" syndrome... a lot of old heads suffer from nostalgia... but Illmatic is a great album regardless of time period... it's 14 years later and people are still talking about it, still comparing it to newer albums, people are still listening to it and finding gems they might've missed before.

I don't think The Cool will have as lasting value as Illmatic...

Who in the industry is talking about The Cool? See, classics don't just impact the fans, but EVERYBODY who pay attention to hip hop... critics, other rappers, and fans alike.. Illmatic had and still has that trio of consensus... all I hear is just net kids talking about Lupe...

test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i'm not pro-lupe... dont get me confused...

i just feel like rap fans treat illmatic like it's the bible. like "how dare u speak against illmatic????" like it's blasphemy to compare a 30 min long record from 94 to a modern day record... shits just music. calm down.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

word.....but i'm not a spectator of this, i am a player, hopefully more.......
    test
  9. The Presidentz

The Presidentz Burbs 2 the Bricks

why is this even a debate...wtf?
    test
  10. OLoRD

OLoRD LoNGeViTY

wtf is wit u similac bsbies comparin a legendary album wit suffin that has barely been out 4 5 months thats just fuckin dumb
    test
  11. B. lazey

B. lazey soundclick.com/lazeyent

My thoughts on this subject are simple NO "The Cool" is not better than "Illmatic", but i HATE "Illmatic" the whole album puts me to sleep. Yes i know that for the time the production was beautiful and the lyrics were right on point, but that does not mean i have to enjoy listening to something especially if it puts me to sleep. Before you say im too young to understand, yes i am young i am only 21, BUT that has nothing to do with what i like and don't like. I realize that Illmatic impacted a whole genre and people outside of the genre, but in all honesty I usually only hear that sort of rubbish talk on the internet.

I am not trying to be an internet gangster or anything of the sort, but i live in the projects literally and regardless of how timeless Illmatic is supposed to be you will never hear anybody bangin that outside or in there car. Old heads and Young Heads alike won't play it atleast not around here most of them will play Wayne or Jeezy or something of the sort simply because of the beats alone.

"Illmatic" simply is not entertaining to me, so if im "Not Hip Hop" or whatever for not liking an album then so be it.
    test
  12. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

Illmatic not being relevant just aint true in the hiphop community that I surround myself with....Niggas stay knocking illmatic, it all depends on who you fuck with....personally I dont fuck with many hood niggas/young niggas these days, them niggas aint buying records anyway, just burning or dl'd, or copping from the bootleg man...they dont value lyricism or content, just production, and they dont even value that, most niggas just need a baseline and they are satisfied, and imo, that's evidence of them not being hiphopheads and not giving a shit about the culture or history of the game......niggas are either too dumb to understand or too close minded to listen...Im not saying most street niggas are dumb, the opposite actually, most are very intelligent, which is why I would opt for the latter choice of them being too close minded to listen...that sentiment goes alot further than the internet, heads all over the world value illmatic...Im not saying everyone has to like it, but there is no denying its influence or importance to the game, on or off the internet.....

prob is, ya'll dont realize how much of part the past plays in the present, without ya nasirs, would we have the andres and lupes, they jays and waynes? without redman would we have the ems, royces, and ludas? if so, who would they sound like?......
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

good point........f&l was based upon iww, acording to lupe...........chipz, not all of us role with our favorite rappers..........holla
    test
  14. vandalism

vandalism the king

that's mainly because its played out to rock illmatic in your car or wherever... just like no one bumps Dre's 2001, or 36 Chambaz... it's old as fuck and everyone's heard it hundreds of times so if you go around bumping people would be like, 'where the hell were you in 1994 when this shit was playing out of every speaker?...
    test
  15. myman

myman New Member

test
  16. R3DRUM

R3DRUM Bloody Mary Jane

i still bump tha old shit..
    mayb cuz im 18 and it was a bit before my time but fuck it,
    ima have to go wit nas..

but lupe doin his thang...
    but no ones got shit on MY cd
    test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

that's what i hear from the majors......
    test
  18. B. lazey

B. lazey soundclick.com/lazeyent

I was actually probably sittin on a porch with my uncle talkin bout football or somethin'. once again i realize the impact these albums and artist have made, but I don't like the albums its very simple. Hip Hop as a culture is really irrelevant when you live in cincinnati, people just play what they like. I didn't really get into rap/hip hop until about 94 and even then the only emcee's i heard heavily were scarface. Back then the radio (atleast in cincinnati) was still mainly rnb our "urban" station wasn't playin' rap really at all. Oh and the whole its played out to play old shit in your car is bullshit. Because folks around hear still play Chronic (not 2001), Ready To Die, Reasonable Doubt, and a lot of otha shit that really aint that old to yall standards but it is to mine seeing as i was only 10 when Reasonable Doubt dropped....

Sorry I aint on this board liein about when i got into hip hop. I'm just being honest i dont like alot of old shit i have spoken to MistaChipz about this issue before and i completely understand his views as he does mines its simply a difference in opinion....

So thankz have a nice day
    test
  19. jennabee

jennabee New Member

What ever she is doing, it looks like she likes it.

[​IMG]

Piss or cum
    test
  20. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I do not wish to see a picture of a man's asshole.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.