Lupe Fiasco ; Anyone Hate Him? ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

old enough to be your daddy kiddo.
    test
  2. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

paper is gay
    chipz is stillmad I raped his sister
    test
  3. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Ohh okay, so you're just a grown ass moron, I feel better now.
    test
  4. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

your huggies need to be changed chase.
    test
  5. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

By your posts I could tell you're a 6th grade drop out you illiterate prick.
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

somehow i knew this would end up to be a hate post ...

[turn] ...
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

What I meant here is that hes not jacking someone elses formula, hes being his own man by putting out the music hes putting out.

Dumb it down isn't the type of single you usually hear in the contemporary rap world. Its littered with metaphores and vivid imagery. It shows that he's actually trying to be a good MC.

This brings me to a quote from the black album where Jay said "I dumbed down for my audience and double my dollars"

and also "Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common sence, but I did 5 mil, I aint been rhyming like Common since"

Lupe is a newjack and he's putting out the music he wants. Not even Jay does that.

The cool concept started with the song from food and liquor where lupe talks about a drug dealer who was killed in the streets. Lupe called this concept "the cool" because what is cool for many young african americans is becoming a drug dealer, buying a nice car and sleeping with lots of women. Songs such as "Baba says cool for thought" "The coolest" "Hip Hop Saved My Life" "Dumb it down" "Put You On the Game" and "The Die" focus heavily on this. The song "The die" shows how many drug dealers end up- shot and killed.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i have not the patients to pour water through every hole in that..........
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

damn freebass. thats all you got? you fell off.
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i fell off?......... cause i don't taking the time to point out the problems in your story, come come now bizzyboneluv4life..............you can know better if you think
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Why do people continue to rate the written component of rappin' over the vocal component?

Lupe has no edge... his shrill tone makes his monotonous delivery sound offensive... Opio could rap circles around Lupe and he's conscious, too.
    test
  12. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

kno i'm talking bout
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

This is why i don't bother with you or it dream..........it's littered with metaphors and vivid imagery?.......this is a song not the most cliche phrases ever to be used in a b- english paper from 96............lol, it's rich with emotion, evoking a bright luster painted by a brush of invigorating thoughtscapes, and a multitude of vibrant illustrious remarkably vivacious and vindicating vehicles that canvas the mental backdrop of dream shut the fuck up...........and dumb it down shows he is trying to be a good mc?.....really, that's what is so refreshing and new about lupe and his golden flakes of abstractly assembled specificity?..........lupe is trying to be a good rapper, he up and shattered the fucking dark circles from the eyes of the industry where everyone is trying hella hard to be straight fucking asi-asi.........and making a video for it is him declaring that he is a fucking artist..........lol, back to my statement in my previous post
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

come back when you have something to say
    test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

In this age of Hip Hop, no ones trying to be creative with singles.

I saw it on BET. It came after superstar.

I agree with you, but thats not what Jay said, and thats not what Jay is doing.

but Lupe doesn't glamorize it.
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont think he can help the fact that his voice is shrill. It doesn't bother me. And how is his delivery monotonous? He switches it up every now and then.
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's hard to describe... I just don't like the way he sounds... it's not necessarily the timbre of his voice, because a great MC can still manipulate his flow to good effect... Opio, Words, Talib... they're all high-pitched but very dope spitters....

Yes, Lupe switches up his delivery, but I don't know... you know how Guru is monotonous, but switches it up? Lupe is just like that, 'cept I like Guru better.
    test
  18. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

is that it?......dream you're falling off
    test
  19. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i was wondering the same thing.

i like lupe alot just cuz i respect his approach and lyrics. i listen 2 rock and all types of music so to hate on him 4 incorporating it 2 his music would be retarded. i dont listen to just genres anymore i just listen to music itself. the best things in the world r mixed including people. if u want to type cast him as a rapper go ahead but i just see him as an artist. an artist whose music is entertaining 2 me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.