Lupe Fiasco ; Anyone Hate Him? ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

never really got into the beats in his songs or liked his delivery.
    test
  2. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

funny thing is, most peeps I know who dont feel dude dont like him cuzz of his "voice" or "delivery".....

I just don't like his inconsistentcy....I wish I got more Lupe the Killer's and less Fighters and Rock Songs......
    test
  3. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

fuck it, chipz retires from this thread...

H20...may god strike you dead, I truly pray for that...you ole waste of oxygen.....

Anoumz....take Lupe's dick out ya mouth and put ya foot in it.....

that is all....pz to this thread.....
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

damn. alot of mixed feelings on the dude. i guess his track appeal to me more than the other rappers, is 'coz you learn something from his tracks. it's not always a waste of 4-5 minutes. you might not learn anything new in the subject matter, but a clever wordplay here and there might just hit you. and plus he appeals to a muslim fanbase with his content ...

[turn] ...
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

lol, you get your news from rappers
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

religion shouldn't be a deciding factor in labeling who's dope, a lot of people find being muslim a reason not to listen or like him..........i assume you're muslim by your comment, thats cool, half of my fam is from israel, but i would never base my opinion about a rapper upon his religious views..........i don't think it is relevant to rap, but i like him enough to listen though he has different views than i.........but like chipz said, i don't need to learn shit from him, he's not stephen hawking spitting a brief history of time, he is lupe spitting a bit of lupe's mind.........i need no teaching from rap..........lupe was still more entertaining with failure, lupe the killer much more, a rhyming ape etc,,,,
    test
  7. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

How old are these heads on here? It's cool. No matter what any of you say it don't phase me, so don't think cause I don't respond right when you post your reply you got me stuck. Never that. I don't know who dude is talkin about but i'm not Muslim, I'm not religious.

Reggie - I dont get my news from rappers. I research my own shit. I don't watch a believe everything I see on TV like you. I can tell you one thing though, what Lupe spits about the Pres and just about any other political shit is true. where you get your news from? muthafuckaz thats been tellin you lies your whole dumbass life. If i never did the research that I do (if by some un-GODly reason I were you or Chipz) I'd take heed to what ni99az like Lupe and especially 'Pac were lettin ni99az know through song.

Cause if 'Pac woulda been on the corner sayin the shit he said he woulda been dead way sooner. If Lupe was to go out on a corner and say what he says they'd shoot him dead too. Same with any other consious rapper.

Chipz - you just dumb. Go ask KRS-1 whats more important, Chuck D, Cube, Kam, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Common, Dre. Any rapper/producer with sense. lyrical ability aint nothin without something real to talk about and Lupe got both and it aint about no bullshit hood shit throughout his cd.

Aint no dick in my mouth, i gives props when due and Lupe and Cube and anyother person about openin ni99az minds gets mad love from me.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lmao.............
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

care to enlighten us simpletons then with you messiah's prophecies.. i'd like to know what it is lupe spits that's so deep i can't find it with a quick google search... and to answer ur question "where do you get your news?" question.. my answer would of course be THE J.E.W. MEDIA
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you forgot to put right wing in the ••• media.......
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

actually suprisingly enough j.e.w.s. control both the liberal and conservative media. cnn, msnbc, fox news... even bet, mtv, vh1... all owned by mega-companies owned/ran by those of j.e.w.i.s.h. persuasion.
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Lupe Fiasco is definitely what the game needs right now. Not just because he's educating the fans, but because he has the balls that most rappers dont have. Hes not afraid to do something different, something new. He made "Dumb It Down" a single and made a video for it, declaring that hes a fuckin artist and HE decides what type of music he puts out. Even a legend like Jay-z couldnt do that shit.

I love both his albums. Food and Liquor is more for everyone though. As far as The Cool, it really depends on who you are. When the cool dropped, I was going through some crazy shit in my life, so I was diggin the emo beats, but they might be too emo for some people. But overall the cool was a great album because it critiqued the HIp Hop viewpoint of the "dopeboy" who always has the nicest shit from drug money, and fucks random bitches all the time. Lupe showed that that type of lifestyle is destructive to the individual as well as the African American community.

AS far as Lupe's voice, its one of the few things I hated about his first album. In damn near every song you could hear him take those deep ass breaths and fuck up the flow. That shit really improved with the second album (tracks like intruder alert and streets on fire).

I think people need to look past the fact that the guy doesnt have a deep ass Big Daddy Kane voice, or the fact that he doesn't scream like Pac on a track. Lil Wayne's voice is scratchy as a mothafucka and he gets mad swagger points.

but all in all, Lupe needs to be given props, and I respect him nore than Blu because hes actually IN the mainstream rap game making the music hes making. You can compare him to underground artists all you want, but there are FEW rappers in the mainstream game that put out the music they want. Its easy to put out the music you want when you are underground.
    test
  13. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

yeah, the nigga breath control improved. ALOT
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

it's not the deciding factor. infact, the first lupe track i heard was 'where i'm from'. i just love that track and till this day can't get over it. it's a plus that he is muslim and i can relate to what he spits more than non muslims might be able to, but that is not a deciding factor to see if an MC is dope or not. otherwise, id be hating on all non muslim rappers. i kinda dig some israeli mc's, theres a couple of dudes in the killa beez - the swarm album who rap about the holocaust. it's called 'never again'. shit is off the hook ...

basically, lupe, to alot of muslims is a good role model rapper. there is not much of them out, but he is one of the leading role model rappers. he talked to a mate of mine, and over the phone lupe encouraged him to 'keep prayers, read the Qur'an, etc.'. he got a strong head on his shoulders when it comes to faith ...

[turn] ...
    test
  15. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

just came back from lupe, kanye, and nerd...........luoe was good, ye is a self indulgent homo infected try too hard freak, and pharell is the motherfuckin man............pharell shits on all those dude's existence......n.e.r.d. is greatness........
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

those 3 made a group, too bad kanye had to start rapping. what is it called? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  17. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

explain

Lupe's one of my favorite rappers out right now but you sir are talking wreckless. So explain yourself
    test
  18. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

This cat Your Idol has said that he thinks dirty south rap is the only shit worth listening to. He claims the whole northeast is wack and sound the same. One of the biggest fuckin herbs on this forum
    test
  19. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

they do for the most part.
    test
  20. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

How old are you bro? Cuz I'ma feel bad if I'm dissing a 15 year old, you just don't know any better
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.