Lupe Fiasco ; Anyone Hate Him? ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

just wondering. is there anybody here who can't stand him? coz every person i mentioned lupe too all think he is the future of hip hop. one of my fav rappers personally, but i'd like to see if anyone hates/dislikes his rap ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. vandalism

vandalism the king

I think he's overrated... but he still got some good tracks and his album was one of the best out last year.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

he used to be better imo, i hate that
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

free - in your opinion, his first album was better right. i agree too, but his second album is still better than alot of other artists ...

[turn] ...
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

that too, but i was talking revenge of the nerds mixtapes.........lupe the killer, switch, hustlers song, and he gets the girl, pen and needlz, where i'm coming from, failure etc.......better than anything he's put out
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I agree with this... he's got a few good tracks here and there, but he doesn't move me like he moves most people on here... it really says something about the current state of hip hop when a guy like Lupe can be elevated to supreme MC status... I think Blu is much better and more deserving of the accolades given to Lupe.
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i agree somewhat..........
    test
  8. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

Lupe Is what ni99az need to hear right now. All of what you heads on here think is hip hop is not. tell me what do people need to hear?....

Lupe spits what you need to hear.

Fuck all that lame ass rappin about ya hood... blah blah. Cause what go on in ya hood goes on in his hood, my hood, they hood.

We know what's up. everyone but the suburban heads really kno.

Ni99az need to know whats goin on in the world and they need to know the truth and Lupe lets you know.

I can listen to both of his releases first to last track on both of em. It's knowlegde for you dumb ni99az, don't fight it,take it in and learn what these politicians are tryin to do to you.

Some of his best work on his mainstream releases are American Terrorist, Littlte Weapon and especially Put You On Game.

Learn about it. Hip Hop is about learning, we don't have no black leader no more cause they kill em all any chance they get. So this is our outlet to get the message across, ni99az is just too dumb to pay attention and 'LISTEN' like Talib said.
    test
  9. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

The nigga aiiiight, he ain't as great as mufuckas make him out to be. To me, the nigga kinda redundant and only a fuckin' genius to dumb people, but he got some some decent shit and some shit that's horrible.
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

you are digging too deeply into it........lupe is really dope, one of my favorites, but he spits his opinions, what his truth is..........the more socially and politically charged he gets, the more i don't wanna listen..........hip-hop is about having fun, rap is suposed to be fun, i wanna listen to get away from politics and what not...........don't assume people to be dumb based upon what they listen to, figure out why first...........

i just like rap that is mood setting so i can score my life......
    test
  11. Chris Cassius

Chris Cassius New Member

He's aight, got a few dope songs but I would never buy his cd; I thought the whole skateboard shit was corny tho
    test
  12. mr madness

I don't assume people are dumb based on what they listen to. I assume people to be dumb based on what they consider smart. And if I can figure out why they consider that shit intelligent, I'll consider them smart, or consider myself dumb. It's cool to listen to his shit, he made a few songs that I fuck with, but to call the nigga some kind of genius is stupid
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i was talking to dude above you in the last post
    test
  14. mr madness

Yeah, I just peeped that, I ain't see it at first.
    test
  15. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

lol I think he's under rated and his lp was ass....

different strokes...
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

dont hate him.. dont really listen to him. he comes off corny half the time i do

i cant stop eatin!
    my best friends leavin!
    my pastor touched me!
    i love this countryy!
    test
  17. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

I disagree...here is why.....

I don't need Lupe to educate me...besides, its just his left wing liberal perspective, doesnt make it fact......Lupe hasnt told me anything about the US or Middle East that I wasnt already informed about....what I need is dope hiphop, and lupe does not give me that consistently....Lupe gives me a lil hiphop and alot of that other shit I dont want to hear, like his emo and rock shit, blah at that nonsense.....Blu is what the game needs, no he isnt as socially aware as Lupe, but he's a real person rapping about real life, and barely any of his material deals with the hood or what goes on in it, although I dont have a prob with those kind of emcees either as long as they're dope....Blu has one thing Lupe doesnt, CONSISTENTCY with his sound....Lupe doesnt know wether he wants to be an emcee or a rock star, a skateborder or a b-boy(style wise, I know bboys are breakdancers lol).......

songs like COLD HEARTED, DANCING IN THE RAIN, GOOD LIFE, that's what the game needs....fuck American Terrorist when half the ni99as who listen to it dont even know what lupe is talking about....the best way to touch someone is to be relevant, meaning, fuck kicking knowledge if the knowledge you kick is not relevant to the peeps you are kicking it too......one needs to establish a sort of musical bond with the listenner, heads need someone they can relate too, not a professor on the mic.....

now that's trill talk even if you don't agree...
    test
  18. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

then i guess yall feel the same way about, Dead Pres, Common, Mos Def etc...?
    test
  19. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

lol I rarely say this, but Im quite sure the whole concept of that hook went over ya head....

he pretty muched summed up all the world's ills in one hook, damn, corny aint the word, more like Brilliant......He basically just named off all the various problems of the human condition, which really showed how fragile the human condition is......

from the girl with the eating disorder, to the kid who was molested by the priest, to the pain of having a best friend move away...."I love this country" was like sarcasm, or it might have been referring to patriotism and Nationalism...if you noticed, each hook he introduced a new set of phrases, each conveying a different problem, some trivial, some life altering...the moral was, no matter how big or small, we all have problems, we all have perspectives and opinions.......

"No Place to GO" is a classic, Im a go bump it now.....
    test
  20. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

Common although his sound changes, is consistently hiphop.....

Dead Prez sold out after the first lp trying to appeal to a larger more commercial demographic, fuck them fake ass panther wannabes, real recognize phony.....first lp was classic, and I actually thought they were sincere...til they re-appeared screaming "rbg" wearing black khaki suits and chucks talking about "banging for the revolution" lol, on some we wanna be the social aware Gunit bullshit.....

...my main issue with lupe isnt his content or what he raps about, its he inconsistentcy sound wise....funny thing is, that's my same issue with Mos.....Mos def is one of the illest emcees to ever bless the mic, but he'd rather do everything but....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.