lowered seratonin levels and dopamine levels

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Sir Bustalot, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I heard that cronic long term pot usage lowers your own body's natural production of dopamine and serotonin. Only through each usage of pot will your body produce those chemicals after a while.

some symptoms of lowered dopamine and serotonin are troubles sleeping, lack of dreams, depression, anxiety, etc etc

anyways I was reading on another site that the supplement 5-htp enhances your weed high. I also read that some of the effects of the supplement increases your serotonin production naturally and can cure your insomnia and depression and whatnot, also fixes migrains, and is a pain reliever and blood detoxifier.

anyway im a smoker of 20yrs. I don't suffer from depression or sleep troubles, and I dream vividly a lot, so I cant testify for those effects. But I bought some just to see about the weed high. I did not notice any differences with my weed highs after 5 days usage of the stuff. None at all. But what I did notice is the shit puts me to sleep like a motherfuckin tranq pill. Ive read that for most it just enables people to sleep and only makes you sleepy at high dosages 150mg+, but for a smaller percentage it acts as a sleeping pill at regular dosage lol. Well that's me. I also feel great!
    test
  2. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

Go figure that smoking pot would lower your DOPEamine levels. Science must be messin with my head.
    test
  3. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

Try eating a mango after you smoke buds; The melatonin I heard stimulates a placebo type of effect from the chemical reaction or some Mumbo Jumbo.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah I heard something similar but I don't think its true, much like this 5htp enhancing your weed high rumor...

but the benefits of 5htp are pretty interesting if youre a long term pot smoker who suffers from depression, and/or doesn't sleep well and doesn't dream.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.