love handles...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GodLooksUpToMe, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodLooksUpToMe

GodLooksUpToMe You do too

whats r the best ways 2 get rid of them....

hurry summer around the corner. i like playing handball with my shirt off. cant do that flabbing all over the place
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

if you expect an answer you might want to start off by telling people what the hell you do nowadays...cause what you should do depends on what you're doing atm.
    test
  3. GLOVE

GLOVE If da GLOVE fits spit wit

i lyke when byches has mo cushin to da pushin knawmean
    it cool dat u gone take da shirt off n letz thoose tittays fly round n shyt but fa real grl u gota kwit lookn up to da modles n shyt cuz dat shyt not realstic ya feel me honay
    test
  4. Got Life?

he's a guy reject.
    test
  5. GodLooksUpToMe

ahahaha

i dont do shit. im just a slacker. i just need a basic workout that helps get rid of that section. just something 2 start out. after that ill just modify it
    test
  6. Got Life?

test
  7. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Lower your calories, cycle your carbs and get on a full body/fat burning routine.

Look up cross-training complexes and HIIT.

You can't really "spot reduce" one area...your body basically just loses fat where and when it wants so you have to force it to burn fat everywhere (a lot of cardio).

Bodybuilding.com is the shit

T-nation.com is ok
    test
  8. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Do some side crunches which focus the contraction on the target area...
    test
  9. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

its simple, man...

cut the junk food out of your diet...try to eat healthier

run every week...

lift weights every week...

be more active in your daily life(not counting running or lifting weights)...play basketball or whatever

there are other stricter methods, but they require you to eat 6 times a day and follow a very specific diet. if you are intrested in that, i could help you with that also...its faster, but its not for everyone
    test
  10. GodLooksUpToMe

ill take up the running and eating healthier cuz diabetes run in my fam so its in my best interest. as 4 other activities i already do salsa lessons which make me sweat but ill look 4 a new hobby 2 go with it
    test
  11. GodLooksUpToMe

handball itself is a fucking work out if played seriously so im hoping 4 better weather
    test
  12. Got Life?

join a gym and play indoors...people that wait or "hope for better weather" never get results.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

full body routines are garbage.

doing side crunches isnt going to do shit..especially in terms of reducing fat in that area.

graphx is right, you cant spot reduce. fat leaves where it leaves and the "lovehandles" are generally one of the last places to go.

like everyone is saying, you need to watch what you eat and do some type of exercising...what kind of answer were you looking for?

and for the record, bb.com blows, t-nation is where its at.
    test
  14. Got Life?

t-nation is definitely the better bet, but this in general was a dumb question...if you don't do anything...how were you expecting to see results.
    test
  15. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Yeah. Basically yous a lazy mutha fucka...
    test
  16. GodLooksUpToMe

where does it say i aint see results. i wasnt complaining cuz there arent results. i want 2 get started so the results happen. how is asking dumb when im just ignorant to fitness?
    test
  17. GodLooksUpToMe

well if full body doesnt help nor targeting the area wat exercises do u recommend? u havent answered my question but ill check out the site. ty anyway
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

well let me tell you something first. lifting weights doesnt mean youre going to get slimmer. generally thats a task for cardio and a calorie deficiet (sp). im not good with fat people, but youre going to probaly need to do mini cycles or something of bulking and cutting.

if you just want to get rid of love handles, diet. lift also so you dont look like a holocaust survior when you diet down, its also crucial to keep your protein intake high. you can break it down to a 4 day split or a 2 day split performed twice a week.

i suggest you go t-nation.com check out the begginers section and ask them for advice. most likely theyll reccomend you to 5x5 or WS4SB (westside for skinny bastards) or something with a high rep scheme 3x12-15 or something. but really man diet is a key role, what are you eating right now? how many calories are you intaking, whats your height?
    test
  19. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

In terms of info Bodybuilding.com and T-nation are the same exact thing. They'll tell you the same shit so it's a matter of preference and I like bb.com cuz they don't shove biotest products down your throat and they have pretty cool articles...although I think t-nation updates their shit more frequently.

The store at bb.com is wayyy better...and if you guys are talking about the boards/forums on either site I've never fucked with em so I wouldn't know.

And...for building mass/strength full body isn't the way to go...to burn fat and get leaner...full body splits are superior. I've read conflicting stories but in terms of real life experience I've cut dozens of pounds on intense full body weight lifting programs without stepping a foot in my running shoes...and I've gained the same amount in muscle mass on a split...so evaluate your goals, experiment and see what happens...feeeeeel me

Oh yeah, 187 today and barely lost any strength...squat actually went up and my obliques are in full effect...holla! lol
    test
  20. Got Life?

ya'll went way to in depth considering this kid prolly eats fast food 3 times a day and maybe walks around a little...bb and t-nation are for people who are far more serious about what they're doing.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.