lotta u gotta wrong idea about God and his role in bad things happening to people

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherrypie

cherrypie New Member

I think this is a better answer than many of us can give.

QUOTE:

" The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see in Deuteronomy 11:17 and James 5:17. Numbers 16:30-34 shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation. Romans 8:19-21 tells us, “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.” The fall of humanity into sin had effects on everything, including the world we inhabit. Everything in creation is subject to “frustration” and “decay.” Sin is the ultimate cause of natural disasters just as it is the cause of death, disease, and suffering.

We can understand why natural disasters occur. What we do not understand is why God allows them to occur. Why did God allow the tsunami to kill over 225,000 people in Asia? Why did God allow Hurricane Katrina to destroy the homes of thousands of people? For one thing, such events shake our confidence in this life and force us to think about eternity. Churches are usually filled after disasters as people realize how tenuous their lives really are and how life can be taken away in an instant. What we do know is this: God is good! Many amazing miracles occurred during the course of natural disasters that prevented even greater loss of life. Natural disasters cause millions of people to reevaluate their priorities in life. Hundreds of millions of dollars in aid is sent to help the people who are suffering. Christian ministries have the opportunity to help, minister, counsel, pray, and lead people to saving faith in Christ! God can, and does, bring great good out of terrible tragedies (Romans 8:28).
    "
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^sure that explains it all. GOD punishes and kills innocent people to remind us to act good while he lets evil people live their whole life gettin what they want. how poetic....
    test
  3. cherrypie

cherrypie New Member

Nobody is innocent.
    Don't get me wrong I have not come close to wrapping my head around it!
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

No look at it like this. There were laws before man. Man broke those laws shouldve died
    For it, but God found a loophole in the law. That loophole was a sinless man had to die for the sijs of ken that shouldve died. But theres stipulations an once u leave this earth God cant help u no more.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^that also makes no sense. if god makes the rules y the hell he need a loophole? and y the hell would killin a sinless man change shit does that get gods rock soft or sum? punishing others for the crimes of another makes the big guy in the sky say "yes all is right now that there dead"? u mite as well say andrew jackson was GOD like for making thousands of indians suffer for the couple that killed sum of his men.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Cus he knew our nature. Like u have. A dog it shits on the carpet. You clean it up and make another way perhaps lay down newspapers. The dog may not use the newspapers u provided and shit on tue floor again. Heres amother one god created hell fpr rebellious angels in case of a rebellion. Eventially they rebelled. Again not his fault
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Covenants can only be broken by death. Jesus was the new covenant.
    test
  8. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

LOL

I swear to god, this forum has some of the funniest shit on the site.
    test
  9. The Steve

test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

test
  11. TheBigPayback

Funny. Look the minute u sinned once u should have died. Adam amd eve did, just spiritually and they were to live and doe an go back to the earth. Over one sin. The law had to be fullfilled by a righteous man so that u could live
    test
  12. The Steve

The law HAD to be fulfilled? God can't alter laws he creates?

Are you fucking retarded?
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

naw according to TheBigPayBack God is a confused vengeful bloodthirsty nutjob with multiple personalities who hates what he made and knows the future but goes with the flow like a surprise birthday party. SURPRISE!!! O MY GOD I HAD NO IDEA!! :funny:
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Theres something called an everlasting covenant. One is the wages of sin is death. Were sinners we SHOULD be held to it..actually many were. But God so loved the world he changed or i should say ratified the law. The only way to change a blood covenant is w blood sacrifice. We had similar covenants on earth as well, like marriage. If u were to cheat on ur wife back in the day that was grounds to lawfully kill ur ass. And yes he can alter his laws but he cant lie, so an alteration illegally made would not be possible. So it took the death of a sinless man to change the law of son and death. I feel like u dont really care to know rather just tryong to poke at things u dont completely get.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Ill give u another example of an everlasting covenant. Sowing and reaping. as long as the earth turns there will be a time to sow and a time to reap. That also was established before mans creation. Thats actually one thing God dares you to test him of.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Um not really. Why cus he had to make a way put of no way? Hes done that b4. But ya all that other stuff is our screwups not his.
    test
  17. The Steve

I'm just pointing out the insane absurdity of an all power and omnipotent being that's restrained by "laws" in that he has to find "loopholes" or ways to "beat the system"

I mean, you do understand how absolutely ridiculous that sounds, right?... Of course you don't, you're an intellectually crippled moron.

lol@alteration illegally made... Is there a harsh justice system in heaven?
    test
  18. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

an all loving god wouldn't let people burn in hell forever, period.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

torture for all eternity is worse than we did to saddam. its 2 sadistic
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

It wasnt ment for us. What do u think hes spending so much time trying ro keep u out. Thats y u cant get away from it, its always there pushing u even pleading to keep u out. But u dont accept the way out so try an play it off but u still gotta face the decision eventially
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.