lotta u gotta wrong idea about God and his role in bad things happening to people

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I found it. It was called joshuas long day. An he eclipysed the sun for 2 days.
    test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

So God doesn't do anything bad and has no hand in all the terrible things that happen.

But God does everything that's good and has a hand in peace and love and everything flowers.

LOL
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

let's be honest here if everyone walked in obedience to him none of the bad stuff would happen. From the beginning it was man's willingness to be disobedient that brought about sin and the death that follows it. It's the same thing now we've just got comfortable with the sin nature and hardened to its results.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You must have gotten hit in the back of your head with a boulder then, because YOU ARE THE ONE WHO ACCEPTS HIM AS YOUR SCAPEGOAT. People who 'blame God' for the evil of the world yet don't believe God exists can't possibly be blaming a God if they don't believe He exists. You on the other hand do believe He exists and you accept Jesus as your God made flesh who died on the cross as a punishment for your sins. That is the very definition of treating Him as a scapegoat. Remember that.
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

When people who don't believe in God argue such things that God is responsible they are doing so by what your beliefs lead to on the basis of reason.
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

All you can do is frame it in a different way and ignore the logical conflicts of the things that you believe.

If you were about to fall off a cliff, yet I grabbed you by the shirt just as you went over and then made the conscious decision to let you go instead of save you, you wouldn't see me as an evil murderous person?
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The best possible way I could frame this all in favor of God is to say that he turns his eye away from the evil that we commit in order that we might still have the chance to be saved - this is because of his mercy towards sinners.

However, when it comes to things like murder, we need to question whether the victims are getting the same chance if they have not been saved themselves.

But as for natural disasters and such... as far as we know these things just happen. I mean they have explanations. But they are naturally occurring. There's no evidence to suggest that sin leads to earthquakes or anything like that.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Or u can find the past occurrences where things like earthquakes happened in the past and u will find that earthquakes were USED to tear down the walls of jerhico, or happened like causing the Jordan to run dry during the exodus. Or why they are to happen in the endtimes because the earth wasn't made to sustain the amount of sin we cause and it actually causes the earth which( is what we are made from) to become unstable. We have natural rhythms and things in our bodies that are in tune with certain things of The earth.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i never considered god as a murderer.. when he calls people they will answer death is that phone call.. we should all be fearing, unless we have peace of heart that we are saved thru the grace of christ.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i think it's funny that us human's think we are of any importance. if god want's us to get raped and murdered, who R we to question him let alone what could we possibly do about it? shit if we damn god, we might get next for the gang rape.. the thing is, when men murder and rape, other people, that is the devil deceiving mortal souls to commit crimes against god. the reason why we say "already are we victorious" is because god uses some people to be model's for the rest of us, but we have to all be apart of the same body, so if u hurt i hurt. so when one say's god has a meaning for ur suffering, it isn't saying "he causes u to suffer" it's saying, pursue God, Desire Kingdom Thing's, "tho we may go thru many trials and tribulations fear not, for we have over come the world!"

thru your suffering, you are called to be a light in the darkness

Not All will meet the call.
    test
  11. glamdiva901

glamdiva901 New Member

Actually, that was the battle in the Bible (Joshua 10:13) where they needed more time to slay their enemies and God stopped the sun from going down for a full day.
    test
  12. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

my only point was that even if it did happen god didn't literally hold the sun down, because that knowledge was based on the human presumption that the earth was the center of the universe and the cosmos circled around it. in reality god would have simply stopped the earth from spinning. i'm sure there are ecological effects to that. let's see:

test
  13. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

word.
    test
  14. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

1. Thats a lot of IFs you are using there.
    2. How is that getting mad at the rock? You're getting mad at the person who threw the rock, in this case god.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

There's other natural possibilities he could've used like some type of eclipse.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

No because if your not obeying his laws Ur doing it to urself. God isn't but Ur opening urself up for things to go arye
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

For instance, u have sex w a chick u don't know well don't get mad at God if u catch herpes. If u went by the bible and try an marry her u would know Cus u gotta take a blood test.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

either God is all powerful and causes all good and bad things or people have free will and God aint responsible for neither. it cant be both thats doublethinking
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

How bout he gave us freewill, we fucked up he had to make another way but that way was based on a decision we again have to make with our freewill.many again will fuck that up I'm sorry. Sometimes u can't save someone from themselves. So the road is much narrower. Unfortunately people think they'll cruise thru life, die, an if they wind up in hell they'll submit go "ok God I believe u now take me to heaven..
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^that makes no sense. if he all powerful then he already knew we would fuck up and he playin a sick game that punishes people who aint even born. ur tryna claim god is responsible for all good not the freewill people but the freewill people are responsible for the bad
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.