Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

At the moment I think the answer comes down to whether you think it's a case of fate or coincidence. It might get answered though, because if it turns out people like Ms. Hawkins are somehow manipulating events, then they would be behind it.

Because he was out fighting that other dude and didn't back in time.

The electromagnetic implosion somehow connected him to the time travel shenanigans of the island, I think. Have you read Watchmen? I think it's basically the same as what happens to Dr. Manhattan in that.

Yeah, I'm hoping they go back to that.

The Valenzetti Equation - Lostpedia

Why those numbers were what won Hurley the lottery is, again, a matter of if you believe in fate or coincidence.

I don't think it will be as simple as just saying "the island is special". For example, they might say that the main thing that makes the island special is however they end up explaining the time travel aspect, and that will implicitly explain a number of other mysteries.

lol, the first 6 episodes of season 3 were universally met with disappointment, and when the show returned after a short break, the promos were all about how "big" secrets were gonna be revealed... such as Jack's tattoo [funny]

I think his tattooes are kind of an in joke now.
    test
  2. Langford

Langford New Member

i know how it happened, but why? it's very coincidental that he just happened to choose that day (and that 108 minutes) to venture outside when the plane was flying over the island. "fate" guess.

yeah i've read watchmen, i'd forgotten about that. but i was also wondering why with this one, like why was he chosen and why did he keep seeing instances of Charlie's death and nothing else (i think). Guess that was also just destiny/fate.

yeah the time travel aspect will be explained in some scientific way i'm sure (esp. since they're getting into such detail with that). but as far as some of this other stuff happening to the characters, like dead people popping up to talk in every other episode and the miraculous healing properties of the island, i don't see these things getting a (plausible) explanation, really. or if it's possible.
    not that it's necessary, i was just wondering what "answers" we're going to get in the end. i think chalking too much up to coincidence and fate might be kind of disappointing, but maybe not.

yeah i don't remember the specific episodes since i watched them all together in a pretty short time, but that episode was weird.

i hadn't seen that numbers page yet.
    have you played the Lost video game?
    test
  3. Langford

Langford New Member

oh yea, and why doesn't richard age?
    test
  4. Richter

Richter Slayer

this show sucks.
    test
  5. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

I forgot to ask, was it a surprise who was in the coffin?

At the moment almost everyone's theories are revolving around time travel, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's another layer to the mystery that hasn't been revealed yet... and will possibly explain some more things. Take Jacob as an example. Whoever or whatever he is might not be connected to time travel, and they haven't even begun getting into that part of the story yet.

I haven't played the Lost video game.
    test
  6. Langford

Langford New Member

yeah i wasn't expecting it to be locke
    test
  7. Langford

Langford New Member

Evangeline Lily was on Conan last night

she's hot
    test
  8. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Both AICN and ew.com said last night's episode was one of the best Lost episodes ever. So I was disappointed when it wasn't.
    test
  9. Langford

Langford New Member

people way overrate new episodes.

last night's episode wasn't even average for Lost
    test
  10. Iconic Music

Iconic Music New Member

one of my fav shows of all time...i don't want to spoil anything but i freaked at the ending of last wednesday's episode
    test
  11. SapphireWine

SapphireWine staring at the sun

Spoilers below (possibly):

Little Charlie, awww.

Also, if Mrs. Hawking is named Eloise, does that mean Ellie = the future Mrs. Hawking?

And: Is Charlotte going to die????????????????????????
    test
  12. Langford

Langford New Member

so some people care about Charlotte?

i don't know about Ellie, hadn't thought about it
    test
  13. SapphireWine

SapphireWine staring at the sun

You don't care about Charlotte? I just checked her status on Lostpedia and she's highlighted in orange = `(.

Honestly, Ellie doesn't SEEM like Mrs. Hawking, but I suppose she can always gain an air of knowing sometime after 1954.

What was with the circular reveal of the compass/ Richard Alpert/ Locke thing? hmm? How was any of that possible?
    test
  14. Langford

Langford New Member

not much. she hasn't gotten any backstory, i don't see why i would...

lol time travel.

here's a theory about it

I want to see more Ben vs. Charles. maybe they'll show when Ben first comes to the island and when he meets widmore.
    test
  15. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get this either. Cuse & Lindelof said time travel on Lost will be different because they're going to avoid paradoxes, but it seems like they've already had a few.

I was thinking, remember when Tall Walt appeared to Locke in the season 3 finale? I'm thinking that the Oceanin 6, Walt, Frank and Desmond will all make it back to the island, and when they do the island will have skipped back to the time of the season 3 finale. In fact, Locke (as Jeremy Bentham) might visit Walt and tell him that he has to go back to the island to save him.
    test
  16. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

My favourite episode of the season so far.
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Damn. Is it really this good? I'm going to have to check it out.
    test
  18. Langford

Langford New Member

it's pretty epic.
    and yeah this was the best of season 5 probably. looks like next week will be better.

i'll be glad when they finally get back to the island so we can see what happens.
    test
  19. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

After the first episode of the season was shown here, there was a behind the scenes programme that interviewed cast and crew which contained HUGE spoilers. That's all I'll say.
    test
  20. Langford

Langford New Member

they should have aired that here
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.