Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langford

Langford New Member

i'm watching this show now i'm about halfway through season 3 right now.
    i love this show.

[youtube]or_BGsW7Mgg&e[/youtube]
    test
  2. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Good stuff, Lang.

State your favourite character, episode and element of the show immediately.

The season 3 finale is a doozy.
    test
  3. Langford

Langford New Member

yeah i've read a little about the season 3 finale, but not too much.
    it's been hard at times not to read the spoilers at lostpedia

my favorite character used to be jack early on, but right now i don't really have a favorite.
    sawyer and hurley are cool. jack, locke, and charlie at times when they aren't being stupid. i also like ben.

as far as their stories and pasts, i think Jin and Sun have one of the best.
    i don't care much for desmond.

i don't really have a favorite episode, lots of them have great moments. the ones that focus on jin, sun, and sawyer always seem to be good. and the finales of course.

DHARMA, the flashbacks, the origin and purpose of the island, the "monster," and the whispers are all interesting. i got more interested in the whispers after i recently read transcripts of some of the things they were saying, and how it seems like someone from the outside world is watching them like it's an experiment or something.

what are your faves?
    test
  4. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

iknowrite?
    test
  5. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

i've tried watching this show a few times and turned it off halfway through. it's probably because i needed to start at episode one though.
    test
  6. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

pretty good show i must say lol
    test
  7. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

It would be a shame if some vengeful poster spoiled it for you out of spite :)

My favourite character is probably Jack, mainly because I've always liked reluctant hero/leader type characters, and he's been written constistently well. Second would probably be Desmond - I didn't know there were actually people out there that didn't like that character.

Not sure if I've got a favourite episode, because it feels much more like one long story compared to most TV shows. If I had to choose, I'd say "The Constant" from season 4... so you've got that to look forward to.
    test
  8. Langford

Langford New Member

haha. i knew spoilers would come up in this topic.

desmond doesn't really have a real relationship with any of the characters yet, maybe i'm not far enough in the season yet. he's just the weird guy on the island who probably knows a lot more than he's telling people.

...who washed up on shore and lived in an underground hatch for 3 years because some guy told him to.

and his backstory isn't all that interesting yet compared to everyone else, but he hasn't had nearly as many episodes for them to flesh it out.

i also like jack for those reasons, except when he acts like he always knows what's best. and when he wants to know everything that's going on, but he keeps people in the dark about things himself.

i agree he's written well though. i think i like his flashbacks and his story more than his character on the island now.
    test
  9. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

The Desmond story line definitely picks up in season 4. The Constant being the Desmond episode, which was really good. I didn't really care much for him either until the end of S3 and throughout S4.
    test
  10. Reign

Reign Let it...

Fuckin love this show.... Season 5 in 2 days!!!

I just finished rewatching the entire series over the past 6 weeks or so....

Forgot how great it really is.
    test
  11. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

lockes in the casket. wow im a dick, that was so uncalled for.
    test
  12. Langford

Langford New Member

i just finished season 3.

yeah that was uncalled for, but it doesn't ruin anything for me really. and i can always assume you're just making it up, anyway
    test
  13. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

^He is making it up. You'll see in season 4 why it can't be Locke.
    test
  14. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that the first 2 episodes of season 5 are on in America tonight. I'm sure Pyro will still forget [funny]

I won't be seing it until friday night at the earliest, so you won't see me in here until then...
    test
  15. Langford

Langford New Member

i won't see it tonight either

i just finished watching "The Constant," very interesting episode, I'm definitely more interested in Desmond and Penelope after that one. and these people on the ship. They're raising a lot of new questions in season 4. This is the best written show ever
    test
  16. Langford

Langford New Member

i'm all caught up and waiting for the next episode.

these seasons keep getting weirder and weirder. i hope they explain everything and answer all these questions before the show ends.
    test
  17. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

So you're up to season 5 now?

I watched the first two episodes last night. I THINK they were really good, but there was a nagging feeling of being unsure about the direction they've gone in. It'll probably just take a couple of episodes to get used to...

In the second episode when Hurley's telling his mother what happened, and she says 'I don't understand you, but I believe you', that's supposed to represent the audience. We're being asked to have the belief that they know what they're doing and that everything will make sense in the end.
    test
  18. Langford

Langford New Member

yeah i've seen them all.

i think some things probably won't/can't be answered (why their plane was the one to crash/why did Desmond not press the button at that instance, why desmond suddenly started seeing the future, why childbirth is impossible on the island, why is the sequence of numbers so special, etc.) and some of them will just be attributed to "the island is special" or "fate." but hopefully they'll explain enough of the big questions for some closure.

now i have to read more lostpedia.
    test
  19. Langford

Langford New Member

also lol@ the next episode being called "Jughead."
    test
  20. Langford

Langford New Member

also i want to know what the hell was up with Libby being in the institution.
    and why Jack got tattooed as an outsider.
    and other smaller questions
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.