Lost season 4 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Riz, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killumin

Killumin Be happy with what u got!

Man I aint seen this in so long, last time I tuned in was when Ben showed Locke he had his father and Locke blew up the submarine
    test
  2. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

ok so based off last episode theres a couple conclusions i came to.

a. claire and sawyer will die on the island

thats all i got
    test
  3. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

I just read something on this... I'll post it in a bit.

Sorry, I sometimes can't detect subtle nuances over this medium, so I take things literally, blahblahblah...

She met Desmond first. Quit confusing me, T.

And idk. ...Riz?

Because I'm going to look for phantom facial hair on women's faces which will only creep me out and disgust me... I'm not really attracted to women, but I'm not usually disgusted by them either. So, yeah, thanks for nothing.

Yeah, I don't even do that... Just no time.

haha...

Hardcore, Riz.

That's pretty good, too.

Shut it, Dubya!

OMG!!

Ah, I'd probably wait, too, in that case.

Well, since we're only about a quarter of the way through the season...You must have been speculating A LOT.

Oh-k, Mr. Lostpert.

Me, too. I thought I'd hate her, though.

mmhm, She's uh-mazing.

That's almost exactly what the producers said in the last podcast. Seriously, don't accidentally guess the end of the show and ruin it for me, k?
    test
  4. Leila Night

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/board/nest/97795158

er, Log in before you click the link...

test
  5. Leila Night

Cont'd:

test
  6. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

Hey guys, just thought id let you know that the producers of lost commisioned me to produce a web comic spin off to accompany the new series. Here is the first issue:

[​IMG]

As you can probably tell it's heavily inspired by georg cantor's groundbreaking mathematical theorems relating to the infinite, specifically how those theories breach the edifice of contemporary social policy.
    test
  7. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

!!!

He's heavy into the whole time travel/wormhole thing, so he disects every little clue towards it.

Ha. I went and listened to the podcast and it was interesting that they were trying to make it seem like Ben could be one of the 6 (what with the fake passports and all). I hadn't heard that anywhere before, and doubt it's true, but still...

The last episode was OK. One thing I read that I thought was funny was the fact that Claire was so happy. Like, Charlie died a couple of day ago? Hello?
    test
  8. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

what an awful comic page template...what was your compensation, mustard packets and empty promises?
    test
  9. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Just read the IMDB theory.

Yep, that's one of the best ones I've read. If that isn't what's going on, it's something similar I reckon.
    test
  10. Leila Night

haha @ drawing new bubbles for every "wtf."

Utter tripe, Tequi.

???

=) You're soooooooo mean to me.

Then he should enjoy the latest episode.

That seems kind of unlikely... In "The Economist," he seemed to rely on his ••••ymity and the 6 are famous, no?

Yeah, that's weird, but not atypical for Lost. I think the timeline constrains the action just a bit. I mean, Sayid grieved for Shannon for about a day and (within the Lost world) it's not even all that long ago.

So... do you have a theory? Share.
    test
  11. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

OMG. Just watched The Constant, and I'll have comments, but just... OMG.

???

I was agreeing with you, lol. As in, adding emphasis to your emphasis.

Right.

Not really. I'm happy just to go along with the ride at the moment.
    test
  12. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

I haven't got much to say other than that was a really, really good episode of television.

-Sayid kicked ass as usual.

-The Des/Penny conversation was beautiful, heart breaking and everything I had been waiting for. Of course, it now means their story can only end tragically.

-Minkowski was a great character, I wish he was around longer. Wow @ him being played by Fisher Stevens. He looked different.

-Des and Daniel in the past was illness. I've got a teacher who looks and acts the double of Faraday lol.

-So far the whole time travel thing has been dealt with really well, but there will be contradictions and paradoxes that comes up, and... I don't care. It's obviously all meant to be metaphorical (especially the idea of a constant), which is far more important than it making complete logical sense.
    test
  13. Leila Night

That was me about half way through the episode, "this is really good!" But yeah, wow.

Ok, ok, fine...

Hard to tell sometimes.

So British. I would have said "I don't have much to say." Um, yeah... These are the things I thing about and of course I agree with you completely. It's weird how used to bad writing in tv/film I am... and how Lost consistently delivers and then some.

Yeah, but... WHAT HAPPENED TO NAOMI'S CORPSE? I'm somewhat of a germaphobe and the entire time I was thinking of the number of pathologies the decomposing corpse must be crawling with after 2-3 days on a humid tropical island... Also, I was surprised that Sayid argued to move the body considering his previously (vehemently) stated religious beliefs.

So great. And I do hope you're bloody fucking wrong.

Me, too. That was sad... I did recognize him but I couldn't place the face/actor.

I actually liked this part better than the Penny phone call (because that was almost expected). Daniel is just so adorably awkward and it's hard to believe he was even more so in the past. And OMG @ the "Desmond Humeis my constant..."

Is there a specific reason why you say that?

I agree with you... but it (time/space concept) does have to stand up to some pressure.
    test
  14. bighippo

bighippo New Member

ohh wait im still watching season 3! lol
    test
  15. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that he argued to take her because of being a Muslim. So is that wrong? Unless they meant more along the lines of respecting the dead as opposed to Mile's "she's just meat" attitude?

I don't think I will be. It's literature law :(

About inevitable contradictions or about not caring?

Agreed, but I think they've done a lot of the work by saying that changing the past/present can't change the future. I think the main idea they're going for is that time isn't linear (only experienced that way) so it's possible for consciousness to jump around. That way it prevents a lot of the contradictions you get in things like Heroes, Terminator, etc.
    test
  16. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

Riz....hit me up with those rapidshare links for episodes 4-5. i'm paying for a months worth to try it out.
    fucking euros.
    test
  17. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Well... that wasn't very good.
    test
  18. Leila Night

^What?? And I'll reply to this later...
    test
  19. Leila Night

hmm... Maybe. But really, Sayid (no offense to the producers and writers), only seems like a Muslim to non-Muslims (which is ok, because of the audience it's targeting; disappointing for me though)... and I mean this in terms of the culture of Iraqi Muslims, not religiousness. It's actually pretty funny, no sarcasm.

I was referring to what Sayid said before about how the dead should be respected/treated according to the faith and beliefs of the person, which he didn't consider with Naomi... He behaved as if he knew what was best for her.

I would agree with you but... there is much more left of the show. So there.

The former. I can understand and appreciate the second.

Really well said.

I think, because time-space is such a huge focus in the Lost world, the whole suspension of disbelief would be lost as soon as any real weakness in the development of the time-space idea.
    test
  20. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

One of the worst episodes in a while, maybe ever. The plot was completely average, and the way the characters were acting was... off. Coming after the Desmond episode only made it worse.

What's funny is that I kind of have the opposite reaction to the English characters. Whenever there's a Des or Charlie episode I see English people moaning about the language. "Oh, British people don't say sodding or bloody! They don't get British people at all!" Yes they sodding well do!

Well, I would say that one of the reasons time travel is probably impossible in the real world is because of the contradictions it would create. Now add in the fact that this is just people telling stories, which when told over a long time always have contradictions, and it's unavoidable me thinks. But as long as it's only small things then it's okay with me.

Wow @ how stupid I am. I didn't realise Jin's part was a flashback until I read it online. I thought the whole funeral bit was a cover up, and post-island Jin had gone back to working for Sun's dad ala Sayid for Ben.

The emotion of the funeral was kinda lost on me because of that, but poor Jin :*(
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.