"lost ones" - Jay-Z

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MFB, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee u unno me!

i totally understand what he's sayin about beyonce.. hov is usually a private dude.. im surprised he let this out because people will take this and flip it into something its not..
    test
  2. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

shit is so soulful
    test
  3. youngflow

youngflow New Member

i think jays tryna prove a point...that he can do it all and his album is well diverse...i mean he drops(highly doubt leaked)3 hot singles, 1. commercial 2. street 3. concious
    test
  4. Nasir

Nasir New Member

First... off let me say this is not a conscious song... It is a personal song.

Second... for those who say that Nas cant do this... Check Dance, Check, War, Check Last Real Nigga Alive.. This joint cant mess with Dance or War

Third... the concept is tight, the beat and hook is ill, but Jay's flow is not on point, I dont understand wht Jay is tryin to do, if he just stuck with his regular flow, the song would have been crazy, but because of his flow It sounds like some amateur shit

For some reason something sounds different about this album, something is different about Jay on his album. I think it was rushed, plus Jay said he didnt have any producers in the studio with him, maybe thats the difference.
    test
  5. THEDONN- closed

fucc al lthe comparions assholes, jay is the shit, haters will hate, playaz wil play, balaz will ball,,,,,jay one of the illest

nas one of the illest.

jay album gon be nutz
    nas's will be on sum planters shit too
    test
  6. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

I disagree on some points...

I do agree this is not a concious song, its a personal song....

Dance was ehh, dope verses, wack hook.....nothing special imo....War was cool, but Nas wasnt telling us anything we didnt already know, .... "Lost ones" was like a peak into Jay's private life, the concept alone made it more interesting imo.....

as for Lost ones....

..I think Jay rode the track like butter, using the slow flow fit for such an indepth song.... he switched the schemes for each verse, the patterns in the second verse were INSANE....especially the "be all you can be like the reserves, it on me(army)", I was like damn, the way he flipped that pattern into a punchline was ridiculous.....

I havent heard the lp so I can't comment on wether Jay sounds like he rushed the material...
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Thats the point, on a song like this, you dont need to switch shit up. It distracts the listener. Its like, are you trying to prove your dope? Or actually tell a story?
    test
  8. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

but even then, it didn't prove he was dope at all... i'm sorry but lol@ people saying this is the best jigga joint when this shit is amateurish as hell... i was going to cop this album cuz i had high hopes but after hearing 3 joints it's lookin real dissappointing, the kingdom come joint is sick if i recall correctly but this and show me what you got are balls...
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

bitch he already proved he's dope in 1996 TO US...he been ILL.....and theres 3 diff stories, dope as hellllllll, wh would of thought he would have a rap about him and b not being togetha???fucc outta hea u lamo
    test
  10. THEDONN- closed

dance hook made me cry!!!

"one mooo dance wit u mammaaa"""
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Exactly, he already proved it. So whats he doing on this fucking track?
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

props for naming Last Real Nigga Alive...

also Poppa was a player, Fetus, We Will Survive, One Mic, Drunk by Myself... damn OZ shut the fuck up...

anyways, the song is far from top being in my top 20 fav. Jay-z songs. I thought the first verse was dope though.

beat and the hook were nice.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.