Losing quality when i mixdown on Adobe Audition

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by AndrewC, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewC

AndrewC New Member

I've just realised this problem I've been having.
    Lets say that I was doing a hook with a couple of punch ins, and after having panned it all differently, I would then highlight those few files, bounce it to a new track so that I've got the 2nd half of the hook.

Now the problem is that the levels of the vocals on the mixdown are different then the original. Would all the changes that I've done on the multitrack screen on Adobe Audition (such as panning ) , go into effect after I've created a mixdown, or am I suppose to click smth first to process all the effects before mixing down?
    test
  2. AndrewC

AndrewC New Member

I've been playing around trying to see what the exact problem is.. still cant seem to figure it out.

Have also come to realized that if i do highlight a particular file, and then bounce just that one file onto another track, the level of that new file would be around 3db less..

Thanks in advance!
    test
  3. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

You'll have to bare with me it's been quite a while since I've used audition.. but here's what it sounds like initally.. When you mixdown those files you are also making the effects perminant.. so if you are then putting your mixdown back in the track with the effects on it then you are doubling the effects.. so turn any effects off that are assigned to that track and see if that isn't it.. also make sure the fader you put the mixdown on is at 0db of course.. Let me know.. pz
    test
  4. Tech-Omega

Tech-Omega New Member

If you put the effects on your files they will present in your vocals. If your running the effects through the Bus on adobe audition. Then they won't be present if you move your vocals to a different track, but..and I do say but if you press mixdown on your vocals...and they are in a bus with effects...then your mixdown will contain the effects.

Also be sure to record in 32 bits rather then 16 bits. I think adobe audition automatically is installed to record in 16 bits, but you can go to the settings menu and select 32 bits.

Hope that helps you.
    test
  5. synical

synical Blow Gang/ESP

to jump from 32 bits back to 44.1/16 is too drastic and will make your final version sound horrible. best recordings are done 48/24 then mix and bounce to 44.1/16..since the jump is not too drastic it will retain most of the sound quality...also for your issue have you tried using compression or a compressor /limiter to maintain an even volume of the track or tracks you are working on? sounds to me like that's what you need to fix your problem...1
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.